Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia - 2nd Ed. Pre-Order (w/ ACIII content) ships Oct. 2012

WingsDJY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
***Encyclopedia does not include ACIII game***

Ubi Workshop just started taking pre-orders for the 2nd edition of the Assassin's Creed Encyclopedia. The first edition sold out quickly and is now going for twice the list price on eBay.

Updates for the Second Edition:
- Hardcover (previously only the European black version was hardcover)
- 80 additional pages (covering ACIII and AC: The Chain)
- etc (see website)

Pre-order price is $39.95 ($10 off list) $49.95. Word of warning, shipping is $13+ via UPS (the cheapest option to Illinois, at least). Also, your credit card is charged when you place the order.

http://store.ubiworkshop.com/assassins-creed-the-encyclopedia-second-edition/

Update: This can now be purchased in a bundle with the ACIII game and graphic novels with free shipping. See my other post in the CE Compilation Thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9666054&postcount=1902

Product Image:
f2356e8821d0d82cded3c2c83e6516a3.1280.1280.png

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BingoBrown']Anyone know if you can order now, then change your mind later and cancel the preorder? I'm kinda on the fence about this one.[/QUOTE]

Just email ubiworkshop. I emailed them when I ordered the first edition and wanted to take advantage of a new lower shipping rate (it used to be $20+ to ship to the US). They were responsive and very helpful.

Put in my order. One of those rare kind of extravagant things I'll buy for myself, but man...I hope there isn't a 3rd Edition....and a 4th...down the line.

Hate all these revisions updates they do. Bought comics wenton sale two days later and the announced a deluxe edition of the comics which I luckily got off eBau for under $20 bucks. Then I preorder encyclopedia and now therez a new one!

Geez, I didn't buy the first one because the only reason I'd want it is to catch up before Revelations, which made it pointless since it had Revelations spoilers. So the other morning I was thinking I'd pick this up to prepare for AC3, but it looks like the second edition is going to have the same problem.

I'm probably going to put down a pre-order or two, but it's kind of unsettling that they charge right away (even for credit cards), especially since the release date is 7 months from now… isn't that outside of every sort of dispute method in the (unlikely) change that things go to hell and the books end up not shipping / shipping damaged and Ubisoft decides to disavow responsibility?

Is it worth waiting 7 months for this version at $54 or should I get the UK black hardcover now for $60? The extra 80 pages is a nice addition but I really like the black cover much better.

So i'm a sucker for anything assassins creed, ran across the Revelation Steelbook case and wow thought that was beautiful, placed a bid on it on ebay but i'm not paying over $10 for it lol. Anyways when was that available? I can't believe i didn't know about it.

On topic, the price is up to $50.. i just wish this preorder didn't charge you immediately because that's what caused me not to preorder before at the $40 price, i don't want my money paid somewhere and forget about it later if something happens.

Maybe it's changed in the last couple of weeks, but you should be able to easily get that AC3 steelbook anywhere by preordering the game at a retailer. There were stacks and stacks of them at my local BB last time I was in. Don't overpay for it on fleabay.

[quote name='uEih']So i'm a sucker for anything assassins creed, ran across the Revelation Steelbook case and wow thought that was beautiful, placed a bid on it on ebay but i'm not paying over $10 for it lol. Anyways when was that available? I can't believe i didn't know about it.

On topic, the price is up to $50.. i just wish this preorder didn't charge you immediately because that's what caused me not to preorder before at the $40 price, i don't want my money paid somewhere and forget about it later if something happens.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Updated the OP.

[quote name='uEih']So i'm a sucker for anything assassins creed, ran across the Revelation Steelbook case and wow thought that was beautiful, placed a bid on it on ebay but i'm not paying over $10 for it lol. Anyways when was that available? I can't believe i didn't know about it. [/QUOTE]

If you mean the steelbook that actually says "Assassin's Creed Revelations" on it, that was a French exclusive. You will probably be paying near or over $10 just for shipping.

Canada also got a steelbook when Revelations was released, but that one says "Assassin's Creed Collection" and looks completely different.

Anyway, I'm very tempted to get this. I passed on the first edition and glad I did since this one is updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Psychonik']Damn hope it goes back down to 39.95.[/QUOTE]

I can't see why it would go down. If it's in demand they have no reason to lower the price.

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']Although the price is back to $50 you don't get charged for shipping (which should have been $12 UPS to me in Rhode Island) so it works out.[/QUOTE]

I showed a shipping charge to IL when I put it in the cart. Something I'm missing? Cause I really want this, but $63 just isn't going to happen.

I believe it showed me a shipping charge until the final checkout page. I have the confirmation e-mail which shows 0.00 shipping and a total of 49.95 ... Hopefully not a glitch. I ordered around 8am this morning EST

[quote name='snakeinthegrass']I believe it showed me a shipping charge until the final checkout page. I have the confirmation e-mail which shows 0.00 shipping and a total of 49.95 ... Hopefully not a glitch. I ordered around 8am this morning EST[/QUOTE]

I also ordered this morning and did not get charged for shipping. I live in MA

damn I knew I should have placed an order earlier. even with the crazy shipping before, I planned on ordering several for myself and friends (and sell off a few) and it came to like $42 a copy.

I'm going to have to think about dropping $50 on this now...

[quote name='Osirus313']they should do this like Konami did the metal gear database[/QUOTE]

I'd buy that. Combine the various artbooks, Peace Walkers' comes to mind.

I looked at the original 100 times and was bummed when it sold out. I jumped on this version the second it went live. I bet it'll sell out again so if u are on the fence, just go for it. Worst case u sell it on eBay.

I ordered some hoodies with this one & got following mail today

Bad news: Beaked and Desmond hoodies are delayed!
The Beaked Hoodies will start shipping on June 19 and Desmond Hoodies will start shipping on July 12.
To make up for this let down, every one of those who have already ordered them will receive a very limited Assassin’s Creed III print, this artwork will never be sold and has been printed solely for the occasion. It will be shipped alongside your Hoodie.

Why they're not releasing the AC3 book as an individual release is beyond me. I already own several versions of the encyclopedia. I'm not buying another edition for ten pages.

[quote name='WingsDJY']Final cover design has been released. Added it to the OP.[/QUOTE]
I forgot I pre-ordered this lol, the cover design looks really nice.

[quote name='Romeo']Why they're not releasing the AC3 book as an individual release is beyond me. I already own several versions of the encyclopedia. I'm not buying another edition for ten pages.[/QUOTE]

Considering it's Ubisoft, you can probably expect an updated version every year when the next AC game is released.

I only have the softcover version, so I'm picking this up to have a hardcover. Then, I'll probably hold off until AC4 before getting a new version.

AFAIK, there are 3 versions of the first edition:
  • Softcover (white) from UbiWorkShop
  • Hardcover (black) from UK AC Revelations Collectors Edition
  • Hardcover (blue/gray?) from 2012 E3

bread's done
Back