Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy out October 30th $39.99 PS3 Exclusive

[quote name='Romeo']Resident worlds biggest AC fan here:

This is a really cool set and meant to get newbies into the series who have never played it. It's unfortunate WAY too many people put the series off because of the first game when to me it doesn't even count, the series started at AC2.

I wonder why the PS3 exclusivity though.[/QUOTE]

Is it wrong that I prefer AC1 to AC2? Granted, this is based on my experience with each game at the time I played them, and I played AC1 around the time it originally came out. There was just nothing like it at the time.

[quote name='sherlock2g']Wow, Kingdom Hearts i.5 Remix, Mass Effect Trilogy and now AC collections. This has been a good week for collections.[/QUOTE]

Square enix revealed today that the 1.5 collection is for Japan only. I was so mad when i read that ! As for ass creed, skip the dissapointing abomination that is part 1 and go straight to 2. Part two explains part 1 in the begining anyway

[quote name='strait edge follower']Square enix revealed today that the 1.5 collection is for Japan only. I was so mad when i read that ! As for ass creed, skip the dissapointing abomination that is part 1 and go straight to 2. Part two explains part 1 in the begining anyway[/QUOTE]

They always do that for KH ... goddamn it... :cry:

[quote name='strait edge follower']Square enix revealed today that the 1.5 collection is for Japan only. [/QUOTE]Guessing they dont want money. Then again, thats if Japan even gets it. A year later and we still have no info on the FFX HD remaster. SE doesnt seem to know what the heck they are doing with their actual original franchises. Thank god they started aquiring western studios

[quote name='Romeo']Resident worlds biggest AC fan here:

This is a really cool set and meant to get newbies into the series who have never played it. It's unfortunate WAY too many people put the series off because of the first game when to me it doesn't even count, the series started at AC2.

I wonder why the PS3 exclusivity though.[/QUOTE]

I was one of those people until i rented revelations from redbox

Now this is a great deal. :applause: Thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']Is it wrong that I prefer AC1 to AC2? Granted, this is based on my experience with each game at the time I played them, and I played AC1 around the time it originally came out. There was just nothing like it at the time.[/QUOTE]

I also liked AC1 much more than AC2. Granted it had some problems, but the first one had a much more unique feel to it. Not just the gameplay mechanics, but also the setting. We get games set in Europe all the time. Relatively few are in the Middle East (and even fewer are done well).

On a side note, Brotherhood was my favorite one.

I literally just bought AC2 and AC:Brotherhood used from GoHastings like an hour ago before stumbling upon this...I don't own Revelations, but I also don't have a PS3 either so who knows if this would hit the 360 (though why wouldn't it?).

$25 with shipping for both games though, and I can probably get Revelations stand-alone for 10-12 bucks down the line, so there probably isn't much difference. Though it would have been nice to have the complete set.

Edit: I played and owned AC1 in the early days of 360. It was good, but not great and nowhere near the potential it rose to over the last few games. I had to sell AC2 early on, but I know it is still much better than AC1. And I've only heard great things about Brotherhood. Most people regard AC2 higher than AC:B but both apparently are great.

[quote name='b3b0p']I hope they don't pull a Capcom and put something like 1 or 2 of the games on PSN instead of disc.[/QUOTE]

That's the same reason why people are mad about God Of War Saga. GoW Origins is a download voucher, and the other three are on disc. I don't care what people say. I finished AC1 twice, and I loved every minute of it. AC2 was much better though. Still have to open my AC Brotherhood CE, and AC:R is still shrink wrapped....:whistle2:#

I guess I need to tell my friend to pick this up to get him ready for AC3. He has my AC: Revelations + 1 to get him started. So this should help him get up to speed.

[quote name='frankmackeyspam']Is it wrong that I prefer AC1 to AC2? Granted, this is based on my experience with each game at the time I played them, and I played AC1 around the time it originally came out. There was just nothing like it at the time.[/QUOTE]

Wrong? Opinions can never be wrong. The series popularity started at AC2 because the gameplay changed so much. It went from an extremely repetitive grind to a pseudo RPG.

[quote name='Olengie']I guess I need to tell my friend to pick this up to get him ready for AC3. He has my AC: Revelations + 1 to get him started. So this should help him get up to speed.[/QUOTE]

Please tell me he didn't play AC:R and slip AC2 and ACB....

[quote name='strait edge follower']Square enix revealed today that the 1.5 collection is for Japan only. I was so mad when i read that ! As for ass creed, skip the dissapointing abomination that is part 1 and go straight to 2. Part two explains part 1 in the begining anyway[/QUOTE]

I guess its time to import the game! Unless they region locked it. :whistle2:# Never fear guys. Kingdom Hearts will come. SE is just playing a big tease on you. Be patient and have hope. Even though we have a lot of patience. :lol:

[quote name='Romeo']Wrong? Opinions can never be wrong. The series popularity started at AC2 because the gameplay changed so much. It went from an extremely repetitive grind to a pseudo RPG.

Please tell me he didn't play AC:R and slip AC2 and ACB....[/QUOTE]

Nope silly. He borrowed it to play 1. I told him when I get 2 and ACB, he can play it. But since this showed up, it'll be great for him. :lol: Although, he hasn't started at all. >.> Since Borderlands 2 is out and all. Haha. Oh well

[quote name='Havok83']Why would they be boxed seperately? Like most PS3 collections this will likely be one BR case housing 3 discs for each of the games. This wont be like the PS2 collections from last gen[/QUOTE]

Well I haven't bought into many of these collections (yet) but the Uncharted Collection I bought had the games packaged separately.

I was thinking that might be what they are doing here: Just throwing the games into a cardboard box/slip/ect and throwing them on the shelf?

[quote name='def PD']I borrowed my friend's copy of AC:R and installed AC1 from his disc, but was unable to run it without the disc in (like TTT2 demo, TTT, DS:E).[/QUOTE]

I rented AC:R and "installed" AC fine and it worked while I had the game, but once I returned it, it was "deactivated"

Also, 100% boo on the KH collection being Japan only. If SE wants money, they'll throw that baby over here ASAP

Also, as someone who loves the AC games but hasn't bought any of them (I usually rented them), I think this collection sounds great for me. Wish it came with the SP DLC in Brotherhood/Revelations, though.

And considering this is PS3 only: I bet the collection is just one case with a blu-ray disc with all 3 games, a la most HD collections nowadays.

[quote name='Romeo']I wonder why the PS3 exclusivity though.[/QUOTE]

Well it sounded like at E3 Sony and Ubisoft had struck some kind of deal together. This may be part of that deal. (This was I believe right before they showed Far Cry 3 on the 'PS3' [By PS3 I mean a PC but playing with PS3 game pads])

[quote name='Anexanhume']I like how everyone gears up for a flame war when someone disagrees. I just feel the mechanics and gameplay were very similar in the first two games. AC2 refined, but didn't reinvent from what I saw.[/QUOTE]
Whoa! I wouldnt gear up for anything. I really did mean the guy had a right to his opinion and its great he liked AC1. I would never say someone cant have their own opinion and like something I dont like. I apologize for not being more clear and sounding derogatory toward his comments.

I still fucking hated AC1 though. :)

Definetly buying this, already finished AC2 but i still need to play Brotherhood and Revelations. Time to trade both games for something else.

This is awesome news. I only have a PS3 which I've owned for less than a year. I wanted to get into the AC series, but I wasn't sure where to start. I was thinking ACIII, but now I will get this trilogy.

bread's done
Back