Assassin's Creed Gameplay Video discussion

tilcfast

CAGiversary!
I apologize in advance if this was started somewhere else, but I didn't see a specific thread on this.

View the video at www.gametrailers.com look for the "Onstage demonstration" video

Anyway, just wanted to get everyone's opinion on what they thought of what I believe is the first gameplay demo of Assassin's Creed.

I thought the game looked fantastic and it was finally nice to see some actual gameplay. The graphics looked awesome, and the interactivity with the crowd looks very promising. I like the open-ended missions, you can choose how you'd like to approach the kill....very nice.

Can't wait for this one.

UPDATE: Higher res video available at http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/834/834724/vids_1.html

damn, for a second i thought that the demo might be on the marketplace. I know its going to come out for 360, but is Ubi still claiming it PS3 exclusive for now?

Drool. The freedom of movement and the unique gameplay mechanics in that are what I think i always wanted in an assassin sim. It shall be mine, oh yes... it shall be mine.

[quote name='nevposey']damn, for a second i thought that the demo might be on the marketplace. I know its going to come out for 360, but is Ubi still claiming it PS3 exclusive for now?[/QUOTE]

If they are, they forgot to tell the producer who demoed it at X06 (A microsoft event)

looks pretty sweet so far. Ubisoft really generates mixed results, but since they developed the first prince of persia there is more hope. I mean I hate platformers but I got through that game and enjoyed it.

so whats up with the secrecy of the death segment?

looked like a regular loading screen; harddrive, memories, options

im guessing the memories section is just the save system.

[quote name='orntar']so whats up with the secrecy of the death segment?

looked like a regular loading screen; harddrive, memories, options

im guessing the memories section is just the save system.[/QUOTE]
When the game was first announced over a year ago, EGM did a little segment on it. The death scene secret has something to do with this:

Warning. Storyline spoiler

The main character is actually a mental patient in modern times, who only thinks he is in living during the Crusades.

[quote name='zewone']When the game was first announced over a year ago, EGM did a little segment on it. The death scene secret has something to do with this:

Warning. Storyline spoiler

The main character is actually a mental patient in modern times, who only thinks he is in living during the Crusades.
[/quote] Oh man, I'm not sure I should have read that :)
Although maybe it's OK depending on how long you need to play to learn that. It seems a bit, almost, unneeded and strange as a plot device though, but at the same time pretty darn cool.

Mixed, mixed feelings of a minor degree. It's cool that the whole world is there to provide a plethora of paths for you to choose from to achieve your goals, but graphical details of ledges and footholds, wouldn't climbing around be just like Spider-Man with better animation. All the same, I'm getting this.

Okay, so AC looks amazing and all, we know that. Now let's talk about Jade Raymond. Gorgeous, anyone?

jade.jpg

i personally think it was only okay, and mosdef not next-gen. I'm sure i can recreate the excitement by replaying prince of persia the trilogy.

[quote name='rabbitt']Okay, so AC looks amazing and all, we know that. Now let's talk about Jade Raymond. Gorgeous, anyone?

jade.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Eh, personally I'm getting tired of company's hiring aspiring actresses to be producers and lead whatevers. It's getting old.

I've been in the game industry, and I know of many many guys who have spent 10 years making less than $12 an hour to try and work their way up. Yet they give fresh out of college cute girls Admin jobs because it goes over well for the press.

Lame.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Eh, personally I'm getting tired of company's hiring aspiring actresses to be producers and lead whatevers. It's getting old.

I've been in the game industry, and I know of many many guys who have spent 10 years making less than $12 an hour to try and work their way up. Yet they give fresh out of college cute girls Admin jobs because it goes over well for the press.

Lame.[/QUOTE]

It's not like they gave her the job because of her looks. She must be doing something right, judging by the reception of Assassin's Creed. This isn't exactly the first thing she's done for the industry, either. She was on a G4 show called Electric Playground.

[quote name='jovherye']Wow! Im sold! I really never had any interest before, but now, WOW![/QUOTE]

Same!

The sense of freedom is amazing... I would have bought a PS3 for this, now I don't have to!

What an amazing amazing game.

This game makes Hitman look like a linear joke.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Eh, personally I'm getting tired of company's hiring aspiring actresses to be producers and lead whatevers. It's getting old.

Lame.[/quote]

You shouldn't really judge a book by its cover, considering that's the very thing you seem to dislike. I don't see anywhere below referring to her as a secretary, admin assistant, or aspiring actress.

"How did you get into producing and developing games?
I got a computer science degree at McGill and my first job after graduating was programming games for Sony. I moved into a producer role at EA a few years later and have been producing games ever since."

http://www.g4tv.com/electricplayground/features/51427/Jade_Raymond_QA.html

bread's done
Back