Assassin's Creed II - Gen. Discussion - Main Character Revealed

[quote name='Wolve11'] the movie portrayals of the characters that are in the game are pretty spot on.[/QUOTE]

that would be because all of those people were mo-capped/scanned for the game

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassin's_creed_lineage#Cast

The films and the game share a common cast. The actors have been mo-capped (for narrative sequences), their faces have been scanned and their voices have been recorded for the video game

Just ran into a pretty big glitch while playing....an archer I came across started to infinite respawn and the rooftop started to fill up with archers. The framerate eventually got down to 5-10 fps and after I continued my game every archer I came across afterwards would start to infinite respawn.

securedownloadoj.jpg

securedownload2m.jpg

[quote name='Malik112099']Just ran into a pretty big glitch while playing....an archer I came across started to infinite respawn and the rooftop started to fill up with archers. The framerate eventually got down to 5-10 fps and after I continued my game every archer I came across afterwards would start to infinite respawn.[/QUOTE]Holy crap! Did you try taking out your blade and hacking/slashing that mess? Dead Rising: Venice!

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Holy crap! Did you try taking out your blade and hacking/slashing that mess? Dead Rising: Venice![/QUOTE]

Yeah, but the framerate quickly started dropping and every time a new one spawn and you are close the little black and white effect when a guard starts to come after you would occur.

I finished this a few days ago and loved it. I've heard a lot of complaints and game structure and such about the first one. Would I not enjoy Assassin's Creed after playing the second?

[quote name='deszaras']I finished this a few days ago and loved it. I've heard a lot of complaints and game structure and such about the first one. Would I not enjoy Assassin's Creed after playing the second?[/QUOTE]

Not as much as you might have before playing the second one. The first one gets very repetitious (sp?) and forces you to do a lot of the same things to progress the story. Then again if you would have played the first one first you might be turned off to try the second one. Either way the first one is a good game which I enjoyed and the second one built on that foundation very well.

Just finished this game finally. Wow. People weren't kidding when they said this game had the best ending ever. I'm not a huge AC fan, but that's changing. Can't wait for AC3.

[quote name='Malik112099']Not as much as you might have before playing the second one. The first one gets very repetitious (sp?) and forces you to do a lot of the same things to progress the story. Then again if you would have played the first one first you might be turned off to try the second one. Either way the first one is a good game which I enjoyed and the second one built on that foundation very well.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to play the second one, but I agree with his thoughts on the first one. Even given the repetition though, I enjoyed AC1. I played through it twice when I first picked it up and am considering tossing it back in sometime soon before I get AC2.

fuck yes; I saw that flying machine in the trailer. Time to get that motherfucking achievement.

So glad I didn't sell the game off

Haha, what's with all this love for the ending? I thought it fucking blew.

Anyways, the DLC hits today, and I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but it won't include any additional achievements.

I know a lot of people feel achievements aren't important or don't really care about them, and while that's fine, I think it just kind of blows that they aren't including anything, even though the DLC chapters are part of the game that was taken out to be sold back to us later. As I've read others say, how hard is it really to just throw something like "Beat Sequence 12 - 125G" in there or something?

I appreciate it being fairly cheap (under 400 msp), but I don't think it would've been too hard to throw one or two cheevos in there. I'm still going to pick up the first one because I missed the Flyswatter one the first time around, but I'll doubt I'll buy the second DLC unless it's lengthy and/or extremely epic.

just got this game and want to know how long more do i have to endure the slow and crappy beginning, i just got to ride the horse for the first time, aahhh

This might be a long shot, but does anyone know the name of this painting?

giacomo04.jpg

It was one of the puzzles for Subject 16.

checking in to see if anyone's got hands on impressions on the first DLC.

@AshesofWake, sequence 1 is a tutorial. Sequence 2, you get the hidden blade. Sequence 3, you get throwing knives.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']checking in to see if anyone's got hands on impressions on the first DLC.[/QUOTE]

I'd say pass, unless you missed the Fly Swatter achievement like I did. It only takes around 25-30 minutes to beat; the missions aren't anything new (or good, for that matter), and it ends abruptly in a rather shitty way, probably trying to get people to buy the next DLC when it comes out.

The missions weren't even fun; just some "make sure these people don't die" stuff we've all seen before.

DLC is actually pretty good for 320 MS points, four bucks is bretty good, imo. I just wish there was some more assassinations but, my only qualm. Me and a buddy made our own multiplayer, most flying kicks, so far hes up at 17 before crashing.

Hey so does this DLC introduce the Spring jump? I remember hearing that will be a new skill added. And I also read that it includes a new outfit for Ezio - what does it look like?

Thanks =)

[quote name='Malik112099']Just ran into a pretty big glitch while playing....an archer I came across started to infinite respawn and the rooftop started to fill up with archers. The framerate eventually got down to 5-10 fps and after I continued my game every archer I came across afterwards would start to infinite respawn.[/QUOTE]

so glad I read your post first, cause I came across the same glitch last week. It happened to me during sequence 9, Carnival. when I was on the rooftop using eagle vision trying to spot feathers, an archer blurred out a verbal warning. so I reacted with the hidden blade, then all of a sudden that same archer continuously re-spawned, and at first I got two back-to-back double blade kills. my first reaction was, 'oh cool,' then immediately followed by, 'oh, no, please don't crash or freeze up.' the archers were re-spawning faster than they could be killed, so I ran away asap and dove into the water. disaster avoided.

Well sequence 13 is on the marketplace now. There's 2 versions.

For $4 you get just sequence 13 (which has the new move for Ezio) and for $7 you also get the levels that WERE exclusive to the CE previously.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Well sequence 13 is on the marketplace now. There's 2 versions.

For $4 you get just sequence 13 (which has the new move for Ezio) and for $7 you also get the levels that WERE exclusive to the CE previously.[/QUOTE]

I bought the one with the additional Templar lairs, even though i already had the ship yard. I still was missing 2 of them. I also bought the battle of Forli, i know the reviews werent that great, but i want to complete it all. I have everything done except the stuff included in the DLC. Still downloading it all though, so im not sure how good it is yet. :) I just wish there was a way to see where the templar lair areas were in the game so i could go back into them once ive beaten them. But there doesnt seem to be a way.

[quote name='lolwut?']Does this DLC have no achievements either? If so, pass[/QUOTE]
Yeah, no achievements in this one either.

I beat battle of forli. What i did notice was a couple cut scenes where i couldnt hear their voices, even though they were talking. Not sure if this was just mine being weird, or something wide spread.

Really its come to the point where achievements are the reason you wont buy DLC? Thats pretty sad. I know they are addicting but AC2 was a really good game, and just being able to extend the game a little more is worth the price, achievements or not.

Yep that's right. Why waste $6 on two chapters of the game that they cut out just to sell to us seperately if that won't give us anything other than game extension? That $6 for me in terms of what to spend it on is 3 TV episodes in 480p on the Zune Marketplace, or will be for an XBLA game, or some other DLC (like the RE 5 ones.)

There's too much competition out there to justify 2 more levels if I don't get achievements in return. Name one paid game add-on other than multiplayer map packs that doesn't also have achievements tied to it.

[quote name='The 7th Number']I beat battle of forli. What i did notice was a couple cut scenes where i couldnt hear their voices, even though they were talking. Not sure if this was just mine being weird, or something wide spread.[/QUOTE]

I had this issue as well

[quote name='wakawakawa']I had this issue as well[/QUOTE]

Me too. It happened more in the bonfire one. At the beginning when they say the memory is fixed I couldn't hear her voice, but saw it in the subtitles. A few other parts there was no audio at all when someone was talking and I had to read the subtitles. The voices of the crowds during cutscenes were missing as well. In one scene Ezio started talking while the other was still speaking and they overlapped.

Question:

I beat AC2 on 360 and I own it on PS3 (don't ask), anyways, I'm only half way done with the PS3 version (I don't have the 360 version anymore) so if I were to buy these two DLC packs for the PS3 version would I be able to play through the rest (including DLC parts) in a consistent pattern? OR do I have to beat the game and then jump back to the DLC parts?

I played through the first DLC and am halfway through the second.

The first one is ok. It's mostly just medium and big battles. If adds a tiny bit to the story, and if you like the battles you might consider it.

The second one is fairly terrible. It doesn't really explain what is going on, just gives you the mission to assassinate 9 people (they somehow let you get to your main target). A lot of the missions are kill someone and don't be detected. A lot of them seem fairly buggy and not well thought out. All in all, it's the worst memory sequence in the game. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

The second DLC is probably the worst piece of DLC I've purchased. I really liked the main game, they just dropped the ball on DLC. No achievements either, but maybe they even thought the DLC were duds.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didnt think the 2nd DLC was terrible. if you like sneaking around and trying to figure out how to assassinate someone without being seen, its really good. Plus i liked the ending. Ive finished all of AC2, achievements and all. Nothing left to do. I dont see me playing it over again. Time to sell/trade it.

ACII was better than original but still didn't really do it for me. The story kept me in but I just felt like I spent half the game climbing buildings. Other than the main story line, it got kind of boring. I see myself picking up ACIII though because the story is interesting.

[quote name='wakawakawa']I'm played through the first DLC and am halfway through the second.

The first one is ok. It's mostly just medium and big battles. If adds a tiny bit to the story, and if you like the battles you might consider it.

The second one is fairly terrible. It doesn't really explain what is going on, just gives you the mission to assassinate 9 people (they somehow let you get to your main target). A lot of the missions are kill someone and don't be detected. A lot of them seem fairly buggy and not well thought out. All in all, it's the worst memory sequence in the game. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

The second DLC is probably the worst piece of DLC I've purchased. I really liked the main game, they just dropped the ball on DLC. No achievements either, but maybe they even thought the DLC were duds.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the review. I'll save my time and pts.

I got my first taste of AC a few months ago. For some reason I figured this was already out, now I know there is a wait ahead of me. Crud.

*twitch* worst bug ever..just now.

Turned in the feathers. After getting all 100.
Decide to check out Altair's outfit, switch.

Now the game keeps having me hug an invisible Mom, and I can't move.
Are you serious??

[quote name='kylerg']*twitch* worst bug ever..just now.

Turned in the feathers. After getting all 100.
Decide to check out Altair's outfit, switch.

Now the game keeps having me hug an invisible Mom, and I can't move.
Are you serious??[/QUOTE]

THAT SUCKs seriously I would be PISSED OFF:bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='The 7th Number']I beat battle of forli. What i did notice was a couple cut scenes where i couldnt hear their voices, even though they were talking. Not sure if this was just mine being weird, or something wide spread.[/QUOTE]

Yep, same here, and it happen a couple of times on memory 13 as well.

The DLC didn't really fill in very many blanks, and the second dlc was almost like a series of tests to see if your stealth skills were up to par, interesting but not sure if I'd recommend it at all.

Finished off the game, including the DLC tonight.

Didn't go for 1000 as I didn't feel like hunting the feathers, also missed 4 or 5 of the combat related achievements that I didn't feel like bothering with.

Otherwise, I did everything. Both DLCs, including the 3 templar lairs, all assassination contracts, races, beat up events, courier missions, found all the treasures with the maps, found all the glyphs etc.

Really enjoyed it other than some of the steal assassinations--especially the boat one in the Bonfires DLC! But that's just my hatred of stealth gameplay in general.

Easily a 9/10 game for me, and I'll definitely grab the third one.

bread's done
Back