Assassins Creed II (PS3/360) Pre-order - $56.99 + $10 Video Game Credit [Amazon]

pwrdbykimchi

CAG Veteran
[quote name='earvcunanan']Wow, this is SO tempting, but I think I'll go with GameStop's CE. I want that Ezio statue. =)[/QUOTE]
For real, I want that statue after the poor one-inch offering from the first CE.

Oh man, I was planning on maybe getting Assassin's Creed II from Amazon using the credit from Modern Warfare 2 when that ships, so hopefully this will still be live at that time.

the original Assassin's Creed was like $30 one month or so after release, and $10-20 everywhere half an year passed

this is a good deal but i still have my doubts about this one being repetitive. the first one got so bad i quit halfway through it and sold it.

oh noes its only 57 mins 5.70 = 51.30-10 dollars = 41.30 for the game SO TEMPTING
hmm Gamestop's CE is the only thing holding me back its 86.99 after tax so i'm essentially paying 45$ more for the CE stuff... hmm....

[quote name='j0ey0ey']oh noes its only 57 mins 5.70 = 51.30-10 dollars = 41.30 for the game SO TEMPTING
hmm Gamestop's CE is the only thing holding me back its 86.99 after tax so i'm essentially paying 45$ more for the CE stuff... hmm....[/QUOTE]
Yeah, $45 is a lot for a 8.5" figure (and other stuff who cares about), so Amazon is making it a hard pill to swallow. Alright, if it shows up in my gold box it's curtains for the CE.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']the original Assassin's Creed was like $30 one month or so after release, and $10-20 everywhere half an year passed[/QUOTE]

Do you mind posting the $10-20 deal one? I've been meaning to pick up the first one on PS3, but most I've found are around the $25 dollar range.

[quote name='Xerxes']Like Batman, it just won't go in my GB.[/QUOTE]

Same here. AC2 and MW2 won't show up even though it's been in my recommendations for months.

[quote name='OGHowie']Same here. AC2 and MW2 won't show up even though it's been in my recommendations for months.[/QUOTE]
I don't think anyone has, so it's more than likely not flagged for eligibility.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']the original Assassin's Creed was like $30 one month or so after release, and $10-20 everywhere half an year passed[/QUOTE]

+1
I am not rushing to buy AC2 or Batman as I am sure they will be down to $20 within six months.

[quote name='Tracid']Would this $10 certificate stack with the Modern Warfare 2 one?[/QUOTE]

What MW2 certificate are you referring to?

Meh. That's the life of a Ubi game on the major consoles. Doesn't mean everyone wants to wait.

[quote name='mbounouk']What MW2 certificate are you referring to?[/QUOTE]

Modern Warfare 2 also has $10 gift for pre-order.

Edit: How odd the promotion is gone from MW2, if I pre-order when they offered it do I still get it or what? I might just cancel the thing.

Damn, that really is tempting... I had it preordered till a week ago when I canceled it in an effort to thin down the herd some. (The wife and I just bought a house and I know I have to be more responsible... and I'm not sure how much play money I will have left over to spend.)

That and I still haven't finished the first one... (I really like it, I just get drawn into other games regularly.)

[quote name='Tracid']Modern Warfare 2 also has $10 gift for pre-order.

Edit: How odd the promotion is gone from MW2, if I pre-order when they offered it do I still get it or what? I might just cancel the thing.[/QUOTE]

You'll still get it if you pre-ordered it while it was going on, but for new preorders, its gone.

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']You'll still get it if you pre-ordered it while it was going on, but for new preorders, its gone.[/QUOTE]

That's cool, is there some sort of indicator on my account page or somewhere that keep track of these?

[quote name='sonicboom510']Do you mind posting the $10-20 deal one? I've been meaning to pick up the first one on PS3, but most I've found are around the $25 dollar range.[/QUOTE]

youre gaming on the ps3. no deals for your. ps3 games dont drop in price nearly as fast as 360. no idea why (cost more to produce? less demand means less produced?, who knows)

i see AC for 360 for 10-15$ regularly.

[quote name='Tracid']That's cool, is there some sort of indicator on my account page or somewhere that keep track of these?[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same boat as you. I pre-ordered it when the $10 promo was still alive. I actually e-mailed Amazon about it but I didn't get a proper answer.

I guess it's important to note that the game's release date (11/17) is near Black Friday (11/27). I wouldn't be surprised if the price drops ~33% to accommodate the shopping season.

i wish this came out before uncharted dang it. guess i could use the code on gt5 or gow 3. and no that isnt gear of war, its god of war.

[quote name='dizee']this is a good deal but i still have my doubts about this one being repetitive. the first one got so bad i quit halfway through it and sold it.[/QUOTE]

First one was very disappointing. The gameplay was shallow and repetitive. It reminds me of Prince of Persia with better combat but with duller visuals.

I'm not expecting much from Ubisoft on the next addition.

i felt the same way with infamous, but i stuck with it and actually beat both. this is my major gripe about any open world games, they can get very repetitive.

hey ppls yesterday was batman akham with $10 offer
if you buy 2batman or 2assasincreed2 in 1 order will you get $20 credit or $10credit

[quote name='vidan']hey ppls yesterday was batman akham with $10 offer
if you buy 2batman or 2assasincreed2 in 1 order will you get $20 credit or $10credit[/QUOTE]

$20 I believe IF I deciphered your cryptic messaged correctly

Man, I really wasn't going to purchase this and was figuring I'd just beat it in a rental and buy it down the road. 3 bucks off, eca, and then 10 bucks off later...I don't know. I enjoyed the first game so any improvements will only make the sequel kick that much more ass for me. I guess I can just put in an order to make sure I get the extra 10$ credit and cancel later if I feel like it. Amazon really is so user/customer friendly.

[quote name='etschell']i felt the same way with infamous, but i stuck with it and actually beat both. this is my major gripe about any open world games, they can get very repetitive.[/QUOTE]

I like Red Faction: Guerilla and both Saints Rows however, both could be considered repetitive, but at least they were fun to me. Once you add the word shallow you get AC though.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back