Assassin's Creed II (PS3/XBOX360) @ $36 shipped at Amazon

I am very tempted. I wish it would come down to $30, but the game is still a new release. $36 is still a fantastic price. Thanks for posting!

[quote name='buckythekat']makes the upcoming $60 crippled PC version seem like an even worse deal[/QUOTE]

lol yeah $60 for a game that came out last year and sells for around $40 new on consoles? WTF, also how is the game crippled? Buddy of mine pre-ordered it off steam saying it had been built for PC even though I told him to just get it for his new FF13 Xbox for $36

He's referring to the DRM scheme AC2 uses to curb piracy. Namely if your internet connection drops for more than a few seconds you can't play and when it comes back up you'll start at the last checkpoint, not where you left off.

It's quite the controversy.

^^^
exactly

taken straight off the Steam page

[quote name='Steam']3rd-party DRM: UBISOFT REQUIRES A PERMANENT HIGH SPEED INTERNET CONNECTION AND CREATION OF A UBISOFT ACCOUNT TO PLAY THIS VIDEO GAME AT ALL TIMES. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='vienge']He's referring to the DRM scheme AC2 uses to curb piracy. Namely if your internet connection drops for more than a few seconds you can't play and when it comes back up you'll start at the last checkpoint, not where you left off.[/QUOTE]
Also, if Ubisoft has their servers down, everyone playing with this new DRM will be kicked out of their games. But hey, there's an upside! Your save is stored online: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=235596

Double also, the PC's price is $60 because it includes all of the current DLC. But most of the DLC (I think other than the CE dungeons) was meant for the original game, they just didn't have time to include it before their deadline. So you're paying extra for what was intended to be in the original game. Awesome.

From what I heard, most or even all of the DLC's are terrible.
It was smart for them to exclude those in the retail release.

The deal sounds nice, but it's Ubisoft game. We can expect to drop its price even more soon.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']From what I heard, most or even all of the DLC's are terrible.
It was smart for them to exclude those in the retail release.

The deal sounds nice, but it's Ubisoft game. We can expect to drop its price even more soon.[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who was offended by the exclusion of chapters 12 and 13? True, I did get the game for pretty cheap when it came out, but I still feel ripped off that I didn't get a "complete" game. Plus, I feel even worse for people who purchased this at full retail price.

I'm not the only one, right?

bread's done
Back