Assassins Creed IV Black Flag 360/PS3 $29.99 at Amazon

AC4 is a fantastic game, the best installment since AC Brotherhood. It's actually quite the sandbox game that you can easily dump dozens of hours into if you're a completionist. No need to stay on the fence at $30 unless your backlog is telling you no!

Can you buy the PS3 digital code or physical game for $30 and then upgrade on the PS4 for $10 still? If so I might bite.

Can you buy the PS3 digital code or physical game for $30 and then upgrade on the PS4 for $10 still? If so I might bite.
Yes! I just did this. Bought the AC4 Digital code for PS3, redeemed it on the PS3, then opened up the store on the PS4 and the $9.99 upgrade was available for purchase. Very straightforward. I recommend the digital code, I think you need the PS3 disk inserted when you want to play it on the PS4.

If this included the WiiU version, I'd jump all over it.  Considered buying 3 yesterday but after looking at reviews decided I'd rather wait for 4 to come down in price.

Does anyone know if the upgrade works for Xbox

If so, how does it work? I'd like to get this digitally so I can avoid having to pop in the disc

Does anyone know if the upgrade works for Xbox

If so, how does it work? I'd like to get this digitally so I can avoid having to pop in the disc
I was just asking myself the same question... Is there a option to upgrade to the x1 edition in the MS store?

Last edited by a moderator:
If this included the WiiU version, I'd jump all over it. Considered buying 3 yesterday but after looking at reviews decided I'd rather wait for 4 to come down in price.
Agreed. I have a 360 and PS3, but the extra features and enhanced graphics of the Wii U make it most attractive to get that version (now that I have a Wii U, which I got to play Mario 3D World). They seem to be putting it in the same camp as the Xbox One and PS4. Amazon had the Wii U version a couple days ago for $35, but I decided then to wait since I already have so many games to play. By the time I am out of games to play and get around to AC4 it will be $20 or $30 on a normal day.

Kevin

I bought the ps3 physical copy on Black Friday ($34.99) and just called Best buy to price match the gold box deal. $5 savings. I am considering just returning the physical copy and getting the digital download so I can upgrade to the ps4 version and not worry about the disc.
Will best buy PM gold box deals?

Yes! I just did this. Bought the AC4 Digital code for PS3, redeemed it on the PS3, then opened up the store on the PS4 and the $9.99 upgrade was available for purchase. Very straightforward. I recommend the digital code, I think you need the PS3 disk inserted when you want to play it on the PS4.
Yeah I caved and did the same thing. I was considering physical until I saw you needed the disc in to play it on the PS4. My thought was to re-sell but being that wasn't an option I went with the digital version. ACIV is downloading now on my PS4 :)

bread's done
Back