Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag "DEAL IS DEAD"

The clerk that checked me out today just happened to glance down at the receipt.  He said he usually doesn't pay attention to online order prices but this one was only three digits ($9.xx after tax) so it caught his eye.  He couldn't believe an XB1 game was going for so little.

Somebody had already cleaned out what I'm assuming was the rest of the stock, because the "A" section in used was completely empty.

Saw this deal late and thought I'd head to the BB across the street from my sisters house on alpine in grand rapids, MI (Here visiting on vacation) To my surprise there were three copies. Walked around the store for a few while I decided if I was going to add this to my backlog and came back to only 2 copies left. Picked them both up. Kept one and traded the other to GS $22.40  after promos. Not bad at all.

Grenspoint?! Why on EARTH would you shop there when you could head the 15mins up the road to Spring or 20mins up the Woodlands. There's a reason it's called Gunspoint! :)
I grew up in that area, the nearby neighborhood of Cranbrook specifically. I was actually in 3rd grade at Clark elementary when they found that murdered sheriff deputy right near the school who had been kidnapped from Greenspoint. We moved away from Cranbrook to just outside Klein Forest a few months later...

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this deal late and thought I'd head to the BB across the street from my sisters house on alpine in grand rapids, MI (Here visiting on vacation) To my surprise there were three copies. Walked around the store for a few while I decided if I was going to add this to my backlog and came back to only 2 copies left. Picked them both up. Kept one and traded the other to GS $22.40 after promos. Not bad at all.
Get out of my store!!!! Just kidding, I guess you saved me a trip tomorrow. I am at work now and was going to go there tomorrow afternoon.

I ordered last night before it was sold out. i got a email about 11am that it was ready for pickup.

I was too lazy to pick it up today, I'll go tomorrow. Really hope I get boxart.

I may possibly do a return/rebuy as my certificate kept giving me some error. 

I heard that this game doesn't need the online pass, can anyone confirm/deny?

Yep, really bad over there. I remember a couple years ago, some people robbed a whole a line of people waiting for the Jordans to come out. Gunspoint Mall is no joke. Google Gunspoint Mall and you will see how bad it is.

edit- not that bad anymore but used to be the worst place to go
About five years back I had to pick my brother up from Bush Airport and decided to stop in Gunspoint Mall. Walked past Iceman Airbrush and knew I was in the wrong place.

Get out of my store!!!! Just kidding, I guess you saved me a trip tomorrow. I am at work now and was going to go there tomorrow afternoon.
Oh damn and I'm usually finicky about these things but I didn't expect this "sale" to last too long thinking it was a price mistake. Muskegan and the BB on beltline shows theres still copies there. Check it out.

Yep, really bad over there. I remember a couple years ago, some people robbed a whole a line of people waiting for the Jordans to come out. Gunspoint Mall is no joke. Google Gunspoint Mall and you will see how bad it is.

edit- not that bad anymore but used to be the worst place to go
The fact that it isn't that bad anymore can be explained by mathematics...

No stores for people to shop in = no one to rob...

Speaking about malls in Houston, I used to love Sharpstown mall as a kid. It always had a cool vibe like you were in a scene from Miami Vice or Saved by the Bell. But when Dillards and Macy's(Originally Foley's) closed shop over a decade ago, I knew it was that mall's death sentence.

When I went to trade in my one copy to gamestop. The manager said to the other employees what are we going to do with all this copy of ac IV. Guess with this deal and the target deal from a few weeks ago, they must have a good amount.
I dunno, I think they have a lot of copies period across most platforms (PS3/PS4/360/XB1), as I recall seeing quite a few during my last trips to various Gamestops.

Price is still good in store, found two copies at my best buy even though online said they had none.  They didn't have covers but came in an xbox one case so ill print my own.

Just tried to pick one up, and it rang up $29.99. I was able to get them to price match their app that still showed $9.99.

As long as you always give your account information before the employee scans any games, the GCU discount should appear.

I recall reading some folks having an issue with their GCU discount applying at the register, but I've never had problems myself. I usually have my GCU account entered beforehand but I've also been successful in getting my GCU discount to apply automatically even after having my GCU account entered last. Based on how often this issue comes up, it seems to be a pretty rare occurrence. Even then, I'm suspectful that the wrong account has been added by either the cashier or customer.

As long as you always give your account information before the employee scans any games, the GCU discount should appear.
I give it after every time works fine for me. I have noticed some best buys having issues with there pos system linking to the my rewards lately tho im betting there's an issue there the order they enter the information shouldn't matter.

My order just shipped. I been waiting for a shipping confirmation so I could buy the season pass.

I will purchase the season pass when I get home now. Great deal! Thanks again OP!

Saw this deal late and thought I'd head to the BB across the street from my sisters house on alpine in grand rapids, MI (Here visiting on vacation) To my surprise there were three copies. Walked around the store for a few while I decided if I was going to add this to my backlog and came back to only 2 copies left. Picked them both up. Kept one and traded the other to GS $22.40 after promos. Not bad at all.
No, this is my store! Literally lol. I seen all the copies there guessed no one knew about the sale I told a few people. Picked one up myself but I guess all I did was leave the rest there for you lol.

I recall reading some folks having an issue with their GCU discount applying at the register, but I've never had problems myself. I usually have my GCU account entered beforehand but I've also been successful in getting my GCU discount to apply automatically even after having my GCU account entered last. Based on how often this issue comes up, it seems to be a pretty rare occurrence. Even then, I'm suspectful that the wrong account has been added by either the cashier or customer.
Sorry for double post im on mobile but I know of an issue at my store I know of anyway the GCU doesnt always work at the front lanes. Try to get someone on a different register in the departments to ring you out.

Sorry for double post im on mobile but I know of an issue at my store I know of anyway the GCU doesnt always work at the front lanes. Try to get someone on a different register in the departments to ring you out.

The fact that it isn't that bad anymore can be explained by mathematics...

No stores for people to shop in = no one to rob...

Speaking about malls in Houston, I used to love Sharpstown mall as a kid. It always had a cool vibe like you were in a scene from Miami Vice or Saved by the Bell. But when Dillards and Macy's(Originally Foley's) closed shop over a decade ago, I knew it was that mall's death sentence.
Sharpstown was nice back in the day but know its some stupid shit. Anyways, I live closest to Almeda mall and Pasadena Town Square mall, and both are crap. If I want to go to a mall, I just go to Baybrook or the Galleria. Have to go out of my way to go to a good mall.

Played about 3 hours of the game so far (I know, I'm a weirdo for actually playing games) and really enjoying it.  Havent played an AC game since 2 so theres a lot more going on

Sharpstown was nice back in the day but know its some stupid shit. Anyways, I live closest to Almeda mall and Pasadena Town Square mall, and both are crap. If I want to go to a mall, I just go to Baybrook or the Galleria. Have to go out of my way to go to a good mall.
#KickingRockzAndSittingSideways

Mine shipped as well, fingers crossed for original case. I doubt someone could have trashed a copy this early in the Xbox one life cycle.

Mine just shipped.  I take back all the things I said earlier...come here ops...lemme give ya a big ol' hug!

Mine shipped as well, fingers crossed for original case. I doubt someone could have trashed a copy this early in the Xbox one life cycle.
Youd be suprised how many people dont care especially when there is the same tiv for a disc only copy and a cib copy. Also have to think of people who probably stole the games from somewhere.

bread's done
Back