Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag Megathread (PS3/PS4)

I was able to get into the ACinitiates using my PS4's web browser (trying to view it now on both Firefox/Chrome and its giving me the "500" error logging in).  I'm quite interested in the in-game missions that get you XP on initiates, though im not sure what rewards other than bragging rights there are. 

My other issue with the site is that everything is in french.  I tried to switch the language to English in the settings, but it says to hit "Save Changes" and there is no save changes button...  I guess its called an Alpha for a reason

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't get into AC 3, should i give AC 4 as shot, since it's on sale, and since it's supposedly so much better, or will i probably not like this one either?

I couldn't get into AC 3, should i give AC 4 as shot, since it's on sale, and since it's supposedly so much better, or will i probably not like this one either?
Well, so far of what I played seems good. However, I think I am over the whole Assassins Creed franchise. I have 100% 2, Brotherhood, revelations, and the psp game.

The grind just feels too much of the same.

Not sure, i think what made me like this game so much was sailing the seas, ship battles, hearing them sing songs, finding treasure maps, and exploring new islands i found. But overall the missions and story are going to be very similar to AC3.

my favorite PS4 game so far.  I'm only in Sequence 3 cause I havent had much time and have enjoyed the side stuff too much...but its been very fun.  It also looks BEAUTIFUL on the PS4.

Beat this the other night and either I was being ADD and not paying attention to the final few hours or it did end quite abruptly.  All I could think was "that's it?"  No spoilers but nothing major happens.

I'm still not sure who you're even playing as with the
Abstergo employee
and that just ends weirdly too.  I think this is my longest running complaint with AC games as they always have a mindfuck ending or don't explain things well at all, if they even do.  The other problem is that because I end up doing so many sidemissions and take breaks between sessions that I forget things about the plot which just makes the whole damn thing confusing when I finally get to reveals.  Even then it's easy to get lost because they always bunch everything up at the end, so you end up missing things.  Whatever, too many other games to get through so I'm glad to be done with it lol.

Speaking about abstergo, i was kind of wondering why.....
the dude and chick who keep picking up packages are working there, they were clearly the same people who helped desmond all this time from AC 1 to AC3.

My copy came in yesterday so far no regrets. The naval stuff is really great, can't wait to go full on pirate haha.

Hehe I've had mine since ps4 launch and I believe I'm still on Sequence 4. Aside from playing other games, I've been exploring a lot in AC:IV and playing multiplayer. I always get sidetracked before I get to the next mission. :D/

Can't wait to play this! I bought the PS3 version from Amazon today and will be doing the $10 PS4 upgrade. I wish I still had my PS3, I could have just bought the digital version :(

Alright, came across a game breaking glitch. I was in Kingston collecting stuff and all of a sudden the screen turns blue/tealish. Can't see anything but my mini map. Tried fast traveling back into Kingston, still the blue screen. Gonna try sailing there and see what happens.

Alright, came across a game breaking glitch. I was in Kingston collecting stuff and all of a sudden the screen turns blue/tealish. Can't see anything but my mini map. Tried fast traveling back into Kingston, still the blue screen. Gonna try sailing there and see what happens.
I had a glitch where i went into the detective mode (where you can see enemies turn red) during a cutscene, i thought it was cool. But then when the cutscene stopped and i was able to take control of my guy, i went out of detective mode and everything was blurry. I failed the mission on purpose because i couldnt stand the blurriness. Failing the mission fixed it.

Sailing back seemed to fix it, but my game did crash when I got a fishing encounter near Kingston as I was sailing back. Might have just needed to restart the game.

Having such a good time with this game hunting down trophies and doing the Abstergo Challenges (best site for help here!...AC4 PS4 Walkthroughs) that I almost wish they'd make a completely new IP based on pirates.

That'd be awesome right? I mean, AC4 was the least AC game in the series (in terms of Assassin's vs Templars) so maybe a new IP could be made :D

So, mortars, right?  Totally didn't figure that out until waaaay too late.  I'm sure it's mentioned in some tutorial, but I didn't find out about them until I think sequence 7 while I was trying to finish off the last two forts and I thought 'hey, it sure is unfair that they have these wacky sky rockets and I don't.  That'd be helpful.'

Are ship upgrade resources capped at 999?  Or did I just happen to hit that number?

So, mortars, right? Totally didn't figure that out until waaaay too late. I'm sure it's mentioned in some tutorial, but I didn't find out about them until I think sequence 7 while I was trying to finish off the last two forts and I thought 'hey, it sure is unfair that they have these wacky sky rockets and I don't. That'd be helpful.'

Are ship upgrade resources capped at 999? Or did I just happen to hit that number?
There's an upgrade to expand the amount of resources your ship can carry. I think the cap is 3000, but I don't remember.

I'm also pretty sure you had to use the mortar as part of a tutorial mission.

There's an upgrade to expand the amount of resources your ship can carry. I think the cap is 3000, but I don't remember.

I'm also pretty sure you had to use the mortar as part of a tutorial mission.
ooohhhhh, that's what that upgrade is for - to carry more resources. seems I just need to pay more attention to what I'm doing. and mortars are really part of a tutorial? that's even more sad.

That multiplayer grind to level 55 is annoying. I've been grinding out wolfpack mode getting 1-2 levels a game but still... I think the game is beautiful but don't force me to play multiplayer for trophies.  :wall:

So close to the platinum though  :joystick:

That multiplayer grind to level 55 is annoying. I've been grinding out wolfpack mode getting 1-2 levels a game but still... I think the game is beautiful but don't force me to play multiplayer for trophies. :wall:

So close to the platinum though :joystick:
I think the best way to do level up is by yourself in wolfpack. I agree, online trophies for games not named Halo, COD, or Gears of War are annoying. Hell i dont even think COD makes you do that many online trophies and that game i usually only buy to play online, not the single player story.

Anyone playing freedoms cry? It took me forever to find the "gentleman". Then he just appeared. I was getting highly annoyed.

I completed it. The only issue I had with freedom cry was invisible auction slaves that I could somehow liberate. It only happened once after the investigation missions.

So I read somewhere that social events are not linked to PSN but rather to friends in UPlay.

My name is the same as it is on here and PSN; tokyostomp

maybe we should start a list and ad each other as Uplay friends to see if we can get social events to pop up.

(They are not showing up for me)

its pretty sad that I've owned this since launch and am maybe halfway through the story?  Just so much other stuff to do in this game and so many other games to play.  Whoops!

Has anyone found any social events in, say, the last week or so?  Word is they're broken now, and the development team has moved on to better and brighter things.  Hurray for unobtainable trophies.

So I got a new hard drive for my ps4 and when I try to redownload the Aveline mission I get a content cannot be accessed at this time message. Anyone else seeing this?

Has anyone found any social events in, say, the last week or so? Word is they're broken now, and the development team has moved on to better and brighter things. Hurray for unobtainable trophies.
Nope, I'm chestless. That said, some folks on ps3t have been reporting success in the past 24 hours with convoys and whales on both ps3 and ps4. This is more or less the last thing I'll need to do for the plat on this bastard, so if anyone on ps4 finds a chest pretty please PM me / friend me before the timer expires!

Nope, I'm chestless. That said, some folks on ps3t have been reporting success in the past 24 hours with convoys and whales on both ps3 and ps4. This is more or less the last thing I'll need to do for the plat on this bastard, so if anyone on ps4 finds a chest pretty please PM me / friend me before the timer expires!
ditto lol

Has anyone had issues with no sound during Single Player Mode on Ps4?

I have digital version and audio is non existent on Single player in open ending cinematic as well as when it goes into gameplay, tried the Aveline add-ons as well with same issue. But multiplayer seems to work fine at least the training missions. I have powered down PS4 and powered back still same issue, so uninstalled re downloaded and reinstalled and still nothing. I have tried all the audio settings on PS4 and no changes. Everything else seems to work fine I have tried multiple other games digital and disc and no other issues audio is fine everywhere else.

Let me know if any of you have had this issue and found a fix for it.
Thanks,
TJ

Has anyone had issues with no sound during Single Player Mode on Ps4?
I have digital version and audio is non existent on Single player in open ending cinematic as well as when it goes into gameplay, tried the Aveline add-ons as well with same issue. But multiplayer seems to work fine at least the training missions. I have powered down PS4 and powered back still same issue, so uninstalled re downloaded and reinstalled and still nothing. I have tried all the audio settings on PS4 and no changes. Everything else seems to work fine I have tried multiple other games digital and disc and no other issues audio is fine everywhere else.
Let me know if any of you have had this issue and found a fix for it.
Thanks,
TJ
I also face this issue yesterday but it was on headphones, after restarting the game audio is back.

From what I read glancing at the Ubi forums. There were two double xp events, both of which did not work for the PS4 version. No mention about the PS3 version not working.

From what I read glancing at the Ubi forums. There were two double xp events, both of which did not work for the PS4 version. No mention about the PS3 version not working.
PS3 one was glitched too, only two games were rewarded with double xp, the other 6 I didn't get any.

I am about to restart the AC series starting with 1 and working my way up to 4.  My question is when I get to 4 should I purchase the PS4 version or the ps3 version?  How much nicer is the PS4 vs PS3 versions of the game and if the PS3 version is discounted should I just get that, or is the PS4 version really worth it?

Thanks for the help guys!

Damn even after 740mb patch my multiplayer level reset  :shock:

EDIT: It was showing no level in menu but when i entered into multiplayer my level goes back to 13 :)

I am about to restart the AC series starting with 1 and working my way up to 4. My question is when I get to 4 should I purchase the PS4 version or the ps3 version? How much nicer is the PS4 vs PS3 versions of the game and if the PS3 version is discounted should I just get that, or is the PS4 version really worth it?

Thanks for the help guys!
The PS4 version is gorgeous. I could easily see a difference in quality visually between PS4 Black Flag and X360 AC3.

Hi guys, add me!

PSN:webkatt

1548074_10202137703377913_1511774823_o.jpg

bread's done
Back