Assassin's Creed PS3, 19.99 at Amazon.com

Got it during the summer for $30, it's a great game, especially for $20. Add this with that DOTD Hell's Highway for $40, and you two great games for the price of one.

Hey man...I just bought Dark Sector from newegg because of the price. What are you trying to do to me??

(Thanks!)

Man, I've wanted to try this game when it dropped in price and I don't know if I have the time to play it now with some of the other games I barely have time to play. This is a magic price point on it though. I'd feel a lot better about it if it wasn't just a deal of the day.

Niiiiiice, thanks for this! (I like the PS3 version better... dunno why, but the feel/look of it just seems better to me. I dunno though... could just be that I'm a PS3 fan, or the Blu-Ray, or any of the other hundreds of reasons why PS3 is superior to 360.. :shrugs
yesa.jpg
:)

I purchased the game last week through Amazon and the strategy guide so I could get free shipping (didn't want to pay around $13 for the guide).

Should of check with newegg, they have same price for the game + free shipping.

[quote name='n64ra']is the ps3 version better/worse/same than the 360 version? I dunno which to get.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure PS3 was the lead platform for this game, so at the very least it won't be WORSE than the 360 this time around.

[quote name='chinchillables']Niiiiiice, thanks for this! (I like the PS3 version better... dunno why, but the feel/look of it just seems better to me. I dunno though... could just be that I'm a PS3 fan, or the Blu-Ray, or any of the other hundreds of reasons why PS3 is superior to 360.. :shrugs
yesa.jpg
:)[/quote]

Obviously, any opinion from this gamer should not be taken seriously. ;)

Down with SDC's comment above!

[quote name='n64ra']is the ps3 version better/worse/same than the 360 version? I dunno which to get.[/quote]

I have only played the 360 version so I can't comment directly, but IGN seemed to think the PS3 version was inferior:

"These big open worlds, which are fully interactive, do come at a severe cost on PS3. There is considerable texture pop-in and noticeable framerate issues. Playing back-to-back with the 360 version, it's obvious that Ubisoft did not devote enough resources to the PS3 edition. The framerate is considerably worse, so much so that it begins to affect gameplay in the later levels. You can get through the first two-thirds of Assassin with the framerate being just an annoyance, but it becomes more of an issue for the final third of the missions."
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/834/834770p4.html

I don't want to set off the lobbyists for either console so I'll add this game came out relatively early in the PS3's life cycle when developers were still learning how to code for it, and when you could be assured that any multisystem game would be better (even if only incrementally) on the 360.

bread's done
Back