Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

sgaldis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bornliar']So the guy at a Walmart in Des Moines, IA grabs me a copy out of the endcap (where the sticker read $59.96). Then I see a copy in the case itself with the $39.96 sticker. I say, "I think I want this one instead." He guns the one I have in my hand and it rings up $39.96.

Walmart guy says, "Sh*t, I paid $60 for this at Gamestop just this morning."

I told the guy he should really visit CheapAssGamer sometime.[/QUOTE]

Don't know why he wouldn't get it at his job to begin with. Don't Wal-Mart employees get a discount?

[quote name='TheKbob']I kind of want to take advantage of this, but with II and Brotherhood on my shelf waiting for me to play them,... by the time I get to them, it'll be $30 or less (this release, that is).

Thanks for the information, though, guys![/QUOTE]

I finished II but not Brotherhood. Got bored about halfway through and moved on to something else. I'm sure I'll get Revelations at some point so I'll have them all but I can wait until it's $30 or less.

BBY (orange, ca) called local WMs asking for price check on the title. i insisted he tell them to search by the sku# but did not listen and WM emp said $59. went to WM (santa ana)...$39. i think the BBY emp was trying to be slick but i'll make sure i go back and show him the receipt and make them PM+10% off w/ mobile coupon.

[quote name='Killbomb']Don't know why he wouldn't get it at his job to begin with. Don't Wal-Mart employees get a discount?

[/QUOTE]

Because they may get 10% off which is $6.

For an extra $6 at GS you got an mp skin, 3 extended ammo and a bunch of other atuff.

[quote name='TheKbob']I kind of want to take advantage of this, but with II and Brotherhood on my shelf waiting for me to play them,... by the time I get to them, it'll be $30 or less (this release, that is).

Thanks for the information, though, guys![/QUOTE]
I own all the AC games now, haven't even played a single one yet :lol:.

I bought this one because it came with the original for PS3 (which I never played) so essentially it was $40 for two games.

Also I wish Sony told you how much you were going to install before you install games. The original Assassin's Creed took up 8 gigs and there was no warning that I would be installing that much (nor on the box of AC Revelations). Thank god I still had enough left over to install it.

[quote name='zanticon']BBY (orange, ca) called local WMs asking for price check on the title. i insisted he tell them to search by the sku# but did not listen and WM emp said $59. went to WM (santa ana)...$39. i think the BBY emp was trying to be slick but i'll make sure i go back and show him the receipt and make them PM+10% off w/ mobile coupon.[/QUOTE]

It'll be a different UPC though, so they probably won't honor it.

And I guess I'm gonna go out on an adventure and attempt this now out of boredom.

my bad--i typed sku but meant UPC (but yall knew what i meant). going to BBY w/o a receipt/picture proof, i was hoping he would just give them the UPC and the WM emp would reply with $39.

Its funny how I don't even want this game but am considering getting it due to a price error, lol. I hated the first AC and vowed I would never play one again. Seriously though, if you guys just wait a week and a half it will be $34.99 everywhere on BF.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Its funny how I don't even want this game but am considering getting it due to a price error, lol. I hated the first AC and vowed I would never play one again. Seriously though, if you guys just wait a week and a half it will be $34.99 everywhere on BF.[/QUOTE]
I would rather pay $5 extra then go out on Black Friday. Trust me, the $5 is worth my sanity, I did Black Friday the past 2 years and I vow to not do it again if possible.

[quote name='Jurassic425']Its funny how I don't even want this game but am considering getting it due to a price error, lol. I hated the first AC and vowed I would never play one again. Seriously though, if you guys just wait a week and a half it will be $34.99 everywhere on BF.[/QUOTE]

You also probably won't get the dlc which sells for $10+ on eBay. Making it a better deal than BF WITHOUT having to deal with BF crowds.

[quote name='Jurassic425'] I hated the first AC and vowed I would never play one again.[/QUOTE]I think you should reconsider, the first game pales in comparrison to the sequels.

[quote name='Jimmienoman']You also probably won't get the dlc which sells for $10+ on eBay. Making it a better deal than BF WITHOUT having to deal with BF crowds.[/QUOTE]

Is the DLC that comes with this game of any significance? Or is it some silly outfit or avatar item? As for crowds Amazon is going to be price matching most Black Friday deals, so its no big deal.

Walmart and Best Buy are really the only places where people act crazy. I got everything I wanted at Target last year, and I actually went to Best Buy too and got some good stuff after the lines had died down. Black Friday shopping doesn't have to result in getting injured/groped if you know how to do it right.

[quote name='Blumpkin']I think you should reconsider, the first game pales in comparrison to the sequels.[/QUOTE]

That's what I've heard, but the first game made me so furious that I literally wanted my time back, and I only paid $8 for it. The whole time you did the same crap over and over again! Climb towers, save citizens, sword fight some "boss" and his goons who take turns attacking you slowly :roll:. Someday I'll play the rest but the bad taste is still in my mouth from the first game.

Still live for me. Just bought it, cashier said he picked it up at GS this morning. The.look on his face at the Total was funny, but no fight or comment from him

[quote name='Jimmienoman']On BF the TIV will drop at BBY as it is a game that they are putting on sale. If you can get it and beat it by then then it is a free rental with the dlc bonus.

If you are planning on keeping it then just eBay the crusader code for $10 and you get the same BF price.[/QUOTE]

It's actually going for a bit more by the looks of it. If anybody is willing to sell a 360 code for $10 to a CAGer feel free to PM me.

Edit: Sorry to the people who have been PMing me, I've been looking for the Bestbuy *crusader* DLC code and not the walmart one. Apologies!

Sorry to say but the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are pretty much the same game (maybe addition of the brotherhood), so if you don't want repeating things.....yeah, the series is not for your. I loved the 2nd, but as soon as I bought the third I played it for an hour, said....oh same thing, and returned it the same day. Series has gotten way too stale.

Still working, just got home with my copy, bought around 6pm here. I had the guy scan one in the glass case without even looking at it and it scanned $60 but then I saw it wasn't the WM exclusive. Went up to the front new release endcap and they had two copies of WM version in their own cases. Scanned on the next craft aisle, $39.96. That's a bingo!

I failed to get one at Walmar Puerto Rico (PS3) Anyone got a creenshot of what i need to look for to get one for 40? I wil try again tomorrow.

[quote name='Jurassic425']That's what I've heard, but the first game made me so furious that I literally wanted my time back, and I only paid $8 for it. The whole time you did the same crap over and over again! Climb towers, save citizens, sword fight some "boss" and his goons who take turns attacking you slowly :roll:. Someday I'll play the rest but the bad taste is still in my mouth from the first game.[/QUOTE]You should really give the other games a try, like you I hated the first ac, HATED IT! When the second one came out I thought I'd give it another try, they seriously fixed everything that was wrong with ac1. They are fantastic games now, I even tried going back and playing the first one a few different timesto get the story but never could play for more than a hour, man that game sucked.

In the end display case, it was marked at $59.96, but in the regular display, it was $39.96. Rang up perfectly!

The guy who helped me out was like "What? It's $40? Damn that's tempting. I can't afford to buy two $60 games back to back, but I might have to buy this now."

Last pic I saw with the price made it look out of stock. Just took one a few minutes ago with a full shelf that might help someone. I know it helped me PM @ BB without a hitch. I'll add it in a few when I get home.

28k1wz7.jpg

Sorry, was in a rush to get to hockey, didnt think about 360

Thanks OP! Picked up a copy for a Christmas present. May get one for myself either tomorrow or BF.
I wonder if this really was a price error?

[quote name='sylveranking']Sorry to say but the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th are pretty much the same game (maybe addition of the brotherhood), so if you don't want repeating things.....yeah, the series is not for your. I loved the 2nd, but as soon as I bought the third I played it for an hour, said....oh same thing, and returned it the same day. Series has gotten way too stale.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what you people want from these games. Admittedly, the first one was more proof of concept gameplay-wise, but it was the foundation of the story. ACII was everything that anyone who was initially excited by the series could have wanted.

ACII-2 (Brotherhood) brought in the 'chain kills' (not sure if that's the official name) to jazz up combat. Introduced the 'Call for Assassins' mechanic to allow for more varied plans of attack. And of course, the multiplayer that is different from just about everything else out now.

ACII-3 (Revelations) from what I've seen in the giant bomb Quick Look has introduced some weapon crafting (bomb making). More of a turf war feel with the Templars being able to re-take freed areas. And said turf war introducing a tower defense type mechanic (jury's out on how well this is executed).

But each game has brought something new to the table so I dont see how you could call it "stale". If you mean the main objective is to 'straight murder fools' well, yeah, it is Assassin's creed after all. To argue that is akin to saying all Mario games are the same as you're just jumping on platforms and enemies. It's kinda the core of the games. I wouldnt want them to stray too far from that.

What *would* you like to see?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I wish there was a way to price match this at Best Buy, I've got $40 in rewards certificates there.[/QUOTE]

Just went to best buy and they wouldn't price match it. Said they can't price match anything unless its in the weekly ad. Sucks because I have about 150.00 on trade in credit also. :(

oh, crap. i just noticed that on the cover of my ps3 version it says it should have come w/ asscreed 1. if i go back w/ my receipt will they just hand me an old copy of asscreed 1?

[quote name='PublikDefender']oh, crap. i just noticed that it should have come w/ asscreed 1. if i go back w/ my receipt will they just hand me an old copy of asscreed 1?[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Lol! Made my day. It's supposed to be on disc bub.

[quote name='PublikDefender']oh, crap. i just noticed that it should have come w/ asscreed 1. if i go back w/ my receipt will they just hand me an old copy of asscreed 1?[/QUOTE]

I thought the ac1 was on the disk for the ps3.

[quote name='icarusmight']Awesome! Lol! Made my day. It's supposed to be on disc bub.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='thetruth1983']I thought the ac1 was on the disk for the ps3.[/QUOTE]
ok thanks guys. i just got home and didn't open it yet lol

Managed to price match it at Best Buy. They were all confused as the game had JUST come out. Needless to say, it was entertaining.

Note: I used the picture from the OP showing the price on the shelf and just said my friend sent me the pic. They called the Wal-mart and were able to confirm the price.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Brother Daz']You should really give the other games a try, like you I hated the first ac, HATED IT! When the second one came out I thought I'd give it another try, they seriously fixed everything that was wrong with ac1. They are fantastic games now, I even tried going back and playing the first one a few different timesto get the story but never could play for more than a hour, man that game sucked.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, thanks for the suggestion man. I'm sure I'll give them a try someday. Plus I'm sure that in 2008 people thought the original AC was amazing. In fact I remember watching a review once that said it was a "must play". ACII is still $20 a lot of places and I refuse to give it a try at that price. Plus I'd probably want to play them in order, so by the same I get to Revelations it will probably be sub-$40 anyway.

[quote name='badgerguy']Just went to best buy and they wouldn't price match it. Said they can't price match anything unless its in the weekly ad. Sucks because I have about 150.00 on trade in credit also. :([/QUOTE]

Well, unless you are getting it for 5 for $100, you should just return it and run to WalMart before they correct it.

[quote name='PublikDefender']oh, crap. i just noticed that on the cover of my ps3 version it says it should have come w/ asscreed 1. if i go back w/ my receipt will they just hand me an old copy of asscreed 1?[/QUOTE]

You install it from the AC Revelations disk. There should be an option to install right next to where you launch the game. It's 8 gigs so make sure your PS3 can install it.

Shoryuken! Still good as of 7:49 Eastern. However, Walmart is aware of the price snafu and they had all the games on the bottom shelf tucked underneath and waaaaay in the back, label in, so you couldn't see them. Had to ask an associate to get it. So if you don't see it ask. She also said they'd have it corrected by tomorrow so get in while the water's still warm. Thanks OP!

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Well, unless you are getting it for 5 for $100, you should just return it and run to WalMart before they correct it.[/QUOTE]
Nah, I didn't buy it there. I showed the guy the picture I took of the price tag at Wal-mart and he still didn't believe me. He said even if the price was that I can't do it unless it's not in a ad. So I just stood my ground and said screw them because next week its going to be 34.99, and then they'll be the ones being screwed. :rofl:

Snagged a 360 copy and it was marked $39.96, but really wanted the ps3 Brutus armor but it rang up $59.96 like the sticker said. Makes me a sad panda

Was able to snag a copy but I'm wondering if I'm better off picking up my gamestop pre-order version bonus? Looking for any assessments and what that version includes.

[quote name='farley91']Snagged a 360 copy and it was marked $39.96, but really wanted the ps3 Brutus armor but it rang up $59.96 like the sticker said. Makes me a sad panda[/QUOTE]

So the PS3 version has to have a Brutus (walmart exclusive) sticker on it?

bread's done
Back