Assassin's Creed Revelations (360/PS3) $39.96 at Walmart

sgaldis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[preview][IMG-R=5838]25838[/IMG-R]This discount is only valid in-store on the version that includes the Walmart exclusive Armor of Brutus DLC.[/preview]

Title says it all. Was just up at Wally World doing some late night shopping, and stopped by the game section as I always do. As I was glancing at the new releases, I noticed this price on the PS3 version of AC:R. Went down to the Xbox section, and lo and behold, the same price. Found another game I wanted FOR SURE, so I decided to go ahead and grab AC and see if it rang up as such. Sure enough, it came up at $39.96. Went to another store across town, and although it wasn't out, the shelf sticker had the same price for both systems.

I have checked Walmart.com, and they show the full price, so this is either going to be extremely YMMV, or an in-store only thing. It seems to me that they have somehow put the AC: Brotherhood price on the new game, but it is ringing out properly and everything. If you are at all interested in this deal, I would go ahead down there and check; if it's a glitch, who knows when it will be cleaned up.

This is not a bad deal, considering it's only about $10 more than Black Friday, you can have it on day one, Wal-Mart has some exclusive DLC, and AC 1 is included on the PS3 disc, as well. Then again, it's really only an OK deal compared to the other game I snagged for $39.96. ;)

EDIT:

Shelf Tag:
6347040184_c595718cef.jpg

Pic/Receipt:
6347049812_66ef377dc0.jpg

Receipt:
6346305863_394b6bab99.jpg

:D

EDIT 2:

This does appear to be live in-store; it has been confirmed in many different states at this point. If you are interested, I would try to go out post haste, because who knows if this is some kind of glitch, and how/when it will be fixed.

EDIT 3:

Apparently there are two different versions/SKU's of this game available at Wal-Mart. The one I got (and many others have found) which is pictured above, includes the Wal-Mart exclusive preorder Armor of Brutus DLC; this copy is ringing out at $39.96. There is also a plain version of the game (just like you would find at any other retailer) without the exclusive DLC; this 'vanilla' version is coming up full price, $59.96.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is gonna sound crazy, but I've managed to miss AC 2 and AC:B. Does this game have a 'previously on' feature like Gears of War 3?

Edit: I meant AC2 :p

[quote name='Oxyric']I failed to get one at Walmar Puerto Rico (PS3) Anyone got a creenshot of what i need to look for to get one for 40? I wil try again tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I got the 360 version at the Caguas store. The PS3 version was also marked at $39.96.
Many thanks to the OP.

Best Buy would not PM because the freaking walmart CS would not bother to check the price, even after 5 attempts. Every time we called, they hung up after we tell them to ring in the price, oh brother.

I picked one up today for the 360 but I was wondering if they will pull them off the shelves/re price them by tomorrow morning. I would like to pick up a ps3 copy for a friend. Was this a price mistake or intentional?

Went to pick up a copy of Skyrim tonight. While I was there, I had the lady scan the 360 version and it was $39.96. Didn't bother picking one up because there will be plenty during the Black Friday sales. Plus it will be for my son for Christmas as I really don't care for the series much.

Store location was in LaMarque Texas, which is right outside of Houston.

confirmed in Hawaii! sticker for xbox was for $39.96 with the exclusive armor. I didnt check PS3 but the lady who rang it up was like oh, it's so cheap? PS3 is regular price...? thanks again :)

damn, i didn't see the op's pics b/c i was on my phone w/ images disabled. my ps3 copy doesn't have the walmart cover and i already opened mine. i thought i had the right one b/c it rang up correctly at the register. would i be able to return it and get the one w/ the armour?

got 1 of both versions, both rang up 39.96. This was about 4 hours ago in Denver, CO. No problems, just like a normal purchase.

This is a great deal! I had my Best Buy price match and now I'm done with the five games for $100 deal. Thanks 0P!

Confirmed in Rochester MN at the south store @ 2045hrs.... I just bought the 360 version with DLC for $39.96. Price in case was set at that and register rang it up with no issues.

Good deal for a new release with free DLC. Thanks for the keen eyes OP!!

I went back to the Hialeah, FL store and got it for $40. When I went in the morning they had stacks of the title and gave me one without the sticker. Went an hour ago and got the right version.

I just got the PS3 version WITH the Brutus DLC for 39.96 :)
No override needed. If you want this version, you have to find the one that says "walmart exclusive: armor of brutus unlock".

[quote name='krashhole']Went to pick up a copy of Skyrim tonight. While I was there, I had the lady scan the 360 version and it was $39.96. Didn't bother picking one up because there will be plenty during the Black Friday sales. Plus it will be for my son for Christmas as I really don't care for the series much.

Store location was in LaMarque Texas, which is right outside of Houston.[/QUOTE]

People forget the power of eBay. Yes if you wait a week and a half you will get the game for $5 cheaper. But you most likely won't get the DLC with it.

Not to mention the DLC is selling between $25-$30. Yes that much. I have sold 4 so that I can get my friends the game. After fees and tax I got 4 for $71.12. My friends were more than happy to get them for $35.00 (trade in value at BBY). So I got mine free with $34 and one was a PM to BBY so I have my last 5/$100

[quote name='jsub']This is a great deal! I had my Best Buy price match and now I'm done with the five games for $100 deal. Thanks 0P![/QUOTE]

Did the exact thing same. Awesome deal!

Just got the game for 39.96 and with tax came out to be 43.46 in a Walmart in the Los Angeles, CA area. Awesome deal! Thanks!

[quote name='navalg1337']I picked one up today for the 360 but I was wondering if they will pull them off the shelves/re price them by tomorrow morning. I would like to pick up a ps3 copy for a friend. Was this a price mistake or intentional?[/QUOTE]

Not sure anyone knows but most are leaning to price mistake.

Got it (360 version with Brutus DLC) for $39.96 in AL. The employees seemed pretty confused by the price. The PS3 version was also the same price.

Thanks for the heads up, TC.

was able to get a PS3 b4 noon today for the 39.99, guy had to get it from under register area, then ask another worker something before ringing me up. Was happy to see bonus and 39.99

[quote name='Se7en69']I went back to the Hialeah, FL store and got it for $40. When I went in the morning they had stacks of the title and gave me one without the sticker. Went an hour ago and got the right version.[/QUOTE]
Did you accidentally open your copy like I did?
I need to know whether I can go back and exchange it or not. (I didn't use the uplay code or anything. It was an honest mistake.)

was able to get a PS3 b4 noon today for the 39.99, guy had to get it from under register area, then ask another worker something before ringing me up. Was happy to see bonus and 39.99

thanks OP

Just picked up the Brutus DLC edition for $40 in Pittsburgh; its shelf tag was for the vanilla ($60) edition instead of the "*WM" version, so I never would have known about this without CAG.

Nice thread, OP!

I just picked up one. Got mad because I convinced myself to not buy it so I would buy no more video games until 2012 (because most of my time is devoted to Skyrim, NHL 12, NBA 2k12, and BF3 while my bro is also using the PS3 for MW3). I haven't even played Brotherhood yet and I bought that last Black Friday. Other than that, I love being a Cheap Ass (Gamer).

[quote name='Jimmienoman']People forget the power of eBay. Yes if you wait a week and a half you will get the game for $5 cheaper. But you most likely won't get the DLC with it.

Not to mention the DLC is selling between $25-$30. Yes that much. I have sold 4 so that I can get my friends the game. After fees and tax I got 4 for $71.12. My friends were more than happy to get them for $35.00 (trade in value at BBY). So I got mine free with $34 and one was a PM to BBY so I have my last 5/$100[/QUOTE]

Your point was so convincing that I drove to a 24-hour Wally World and made this purchase happen. Don't need to worry if Amazon matches on Black Friday. 2nd to last copy, as well. Can't believe the price.

Oh yeah, for fellow Bay Area CAG'ers, the Milpitas Walmart has a ton of copies (at least for XBox, I would say 8 PS3 [Walmart Editions]) left and they do ring at $39.96 pre-tax.

I'm glad I checked this post before I had to run an errand stopped by and they had it right next to brotherhood for 39.99, plus the PS3 comes with AC1, sweet deal, thnx OG.

Picked it up at a Columbia, MD Walmart, it was the second to last copy that read $40. There was another special area which had more copies but I think it read $60, im not sure.

Im glad I got it for a great price on day one but I feel like returning it and buying Skyrim where I can find a deal on it, I have already bought UC3, BF3, and FIFA 12 and I want my last game for a while to last and after I beat ACR's story its mostly over since no one really plays online.

Went ahead and got my copy of A.C.:R at wally, thanks a ton O.P., can cross that off the black friday list. Only an extra $5 on day one! Can't beat that.

Also - Got mine in the Norman, OK store. They had them stacked with the 59.96 label, asked the lady to scan the back of the game and it showed in the system at 39.96, she was cool about it, awesome employee!

Edit - Don't go off of the tag price, as I said the 39.96 copies were with the 59.96 sticker, so make sure to have them scan it for you.

[quote name='PublikDefender']Did you accidentally open your copy like I did?
I need to know whether I can go back and exchange it or not. (I didn't use the uplay code or anything. It was an honest mistake.)[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't buy it the first go around. I had a very newbie cashier who took like 15 minutes because he kept answering "no" to the cash register question about being 17 or older.

I hope you are able to exchange it somehow.

[quote name='GoreObsessed']I can confirm that the Hialeah, Florida Walmart has both 360 and Ps3 versions for $39.96.[/QUOTE]

The funny part is they have the $40 version with the other games in the glass cases and the $60 price tag in a lone shelf in front ala Modern Warfare 3.

Some $40's are mixed with the $60's as well.

Awesome score!

Thanks OP. Got a successful PM for my BB preorder. Great find. Even better one finding the PS3 Ultimate Sith Edition still hanging around. Wow.

The Brutus DLC was a good find earlier in the day until late last minute CAGs start undercutting each other to sell off the DLC's from $33 down to $15. Was going to drop by Walmart but it's not worth the time and effort anymore. Wow what a waste of time to run to the store to sell 6 copies. Good job ruining the market value http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assassins-C...679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6881ef07 :roll:

I was actually able to get asscreed rev ps3 for $20 at Walmart.

Here's how:

I bought asscreed rev ps3 for $40 but noticed that I was sold the non-Walmart copy b/c the clerk handed me the wrong copy from under the register. I went back to Walmart later to exchange it for the right Walmart-labeled copy. I bring the right copy from electronics to customer service where I am ringed up a next exchange summary showing the net refund item at $59.96 and the net exch/sale item at $39.96. She (customer service dept) hands me $20 & change (cash tendered) as well as the walmart-labeled asscreed rev ps3.

Don't know if this can be replicated yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Donut2922']Thanks OP. Got a successful PM for my BB preorder. Great find. Even better one finding the PS3 Ultimate Sith Edition still hanging around. Wow.

The Brutus DLC was a good find earlier in the day until late last minute CAGs start undercutting each other to sell off the DLC's from $33 down to $15. Was going to drop by Walmart but it's not worth the time and effort anymore. Wow what a waste of time to run to the store to sell 6 copies. Good job ruining the market value http://www.ebay.com/itm/Assassins-C...679?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6881ef07 :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah WTF? I'm buying 2 so I can sell the DLC and trade/sell one so I come out with a cheap copy for myself. It's not a hot flip so why try so hard with little profit?

Wal-Mart in Niles near Golf Mill had a ton (for both systems) and it rang up $39.96. Eff that Signature Edition business this is way better.

[quote name='cheapgamerone']Was able to snag a copy but I'm wondering if I'm better off picking up my gamestop pre-order version bonus? Looking for any assessments and what that version includes.[/QUOTE]

Extra single player mission w/unlockable sword

3 single player ammo capacity upgrades

Ottoman Jester MP character

Soundtrack (download to PC)

Epilogue live action movie (download to PC via Flixster.)

Great deal, thanks OP! I was planning on holding off on this until at least Black Friday (I have plenty of games to play already, and not as much time as I'd like to play them), but I just happened to be next to the nearest Wal-Mart to my house (and I'm never near/ never go to Wal-Mart). Took it as a sign lol. I hate that the Wal-Mart label on the game cover is actually part of the cover... I thought it was just a sticker. But that's just being nitpicky I suppose, still worth the 20 bucks off!

bread's done
Back