31uiYdL4KBL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
41K3dRmSe-L._AA300_.jpg

Dated to be released: 8/2/2010
Pre-Order Priced at $64.99

Product Features:
* Life like shooting sound effects from built in speaker
* Includes removable scope and stock
* Uses trigger as R1 button
* Powered by 2 AA batteries (not Included)

the company is CTA, Never heard of them

There is no way that thing would work well... but you know there are people who'll buy one just to say "I have this"

I heard about it via the CAGCast a while back..not sure which episode nor if it was this one in particular they were referring to but ridiculous nonetheless, although I will admit that it does look slightly cool but at that price tag, no thanks.

Kind of surprised the 360 or Wii don't have something similar as the guns for the Wii are actually somewhat useful.

From the product description, it looks like you don't need the games to be Move enabled. This rifle is a controller itself... So instead of playing games holding the controller horizontally (left thumb on the left stick and right thumb on the right stick, duh) now you're playing the game sort of holding the controller vertically. The right thumb is on the nob on the "neck" of the gun. The left thumb is behind the handle. Man, the position is very unnatural!

Product Description

The Sniper Rifle for the PlayStation 3 is the number one piece of equipment any gamer needs to wreak havoc in modern first person shooters, like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 or most first person shooting or hunting games. Our Assault rifle controller has every button featured on the PlayStation 3 DualShock wireless controller, including clickable analog sticks for strafing, running, steadying your weapon and looking around within the game environment. Simply plug in the USB dongle to the PlayStation 3, and press the home button on the Rifle to sync wirelessly. A unique feature is the trigger, which functions as the R1 button, allowing you to experience realistic “Reaction” type of game play. The built in speaker allows the controller’s sound effects (which can be turned on and off) come alive when you pull the trigger (single shot, three shot burst, and fully automatic modes). These sounds can be activated even if the Rifle is not synced with the play station 3. This rifle has truly been designed with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 in mind and providing first person shooting game players something they will not be able to ignore.

P.S. I can't find the L2 and R2 buttons... There's a button below the nob behind the handle, but i don't know what is it (could be L2 or R2). It's still missing a button either way. It's a right handed rifle by the way.

bread's done
Back