Assistance with a problem on Ebay

_Ph03n1x_

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I was selling a Flaming Mark V Avatar Helmet code on ebay and it sold for around 6 bucks. The guy sends me a payment and I send him the code and he tells me it doesn't work. I test it on my 360 and it in fact was working. We go back and forth for a while and I agree to a refund just to bait the guy and see if the code becomes invalid. Sure enough he redeemed it and I called him out on it. He is now going to open a case up against me. I know ebay will probably vote in his favor but is there anything I can do to maybe win the case or at the very least, make it harder for him to get his 6 bucks back? I also took pictures of me checking the code on my Xbox to make sure it was valid because I knew something fishy was up.

Thanks for the help and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Ebay doesn't allow the selling of digital content, this is why. You just lost your code. Next time mail it that way you have proof they recieved it and make them bid for the paper the code is on not the code itself. That way they can't recieve it, use it, and claim they never got it etc etc

[quote name='silentevil']Ebay doesn't allow the selling of digital content, this is why. You just lost your code. Next time mail it that way you have proof they recieved it and make them bid for the paper the code is on not the code itself. That way they can't recieve it, use it, and claim they never got it etc etc[/QUOTE]
Yah I know, I'll have to be careful next time. It's not a big deal since its only 6 bucks but I still want to be able to make it hard for this bastard to get his money back

Same shit happened to me with the same code. The guy told me it didn't work but when I called up Microsoft they said it was redeemed the day he said it didn't work. Basically there's nothing you can do and you're out of the money and the code. Microsoft did say that it is considered theft and gave me a phone number for the police to call, but I wasn't about to go through the hassle over a $5 code.

[quote name='Rozz']Same shit happened to me with the same code. The guy told me it didn't work but when I called up Microsoft they said it was redeemed the day he said it didn't work. Basically there's nothing you can do and you're out of the money and the code. Microsoft did say that it is considered theft and gave me a phone number for the police to call, but I wasn't about to go through the hassle over a $5 code.[/QUOTE]
Do you think I can call Microsoft and ask them to give me the gamertag that redeemed it? I know that seems highly unlikely but I just think it would be hilarious if I somehow got it and saw his avatar wearing the helmet.

[quote name='_Ph03n1x_']Do you think I can call Microsoft and ask them to give me the gamertag that redeemed it? I know that seems highly unlikely but I just think it would be hilarious if I somehow got it and saw his avatar wearing the helmet.[/QUOTE]

They wouldn't tell me what the gamer tag was but they gave me the date it was redeemed. Which, coincidentally, was the day the buyer said it didn't work. :roll:

bread's done
Back