Assorted PC games at Clearance Warehouse (Ontario)

pika

CAG Veteran
I went to the Dollarama at 1865 Lakeshore Rd. W, Mississauga yesturday and saw at the Clearance Warehouse next door assorted PC games for 7.99 for one and 15 for 2 (before tax). Most were older games but I saw some good games which usually go for more including

Lost Planet: Colonies Edition (Comes with a month of GFW Live which is now free, code works on a 360)
Devil May Cry 4
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (34.99 at bestbuy)
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Last edited by a moderator:
'pirated'? you mean people keeping keys for themselves?

would only matter for LP & ETQW

can you make a bigger list? then again i wont/shouldnt be able to go there anyway
they only have PC?

[quote name='kn00tcn']'pirated'? you mean people keeping keys for themselves?[/QUOTE]
No, I mean pirated as in they got games that pirates had injected keys into (so that you don't have to enter them yourself, it's automated) and then burnt to discs, printed the art onto the disc and are now selling.

It's the PC equivalent of that shady guy at every flea market who sells Pokemon ROM Hacks on cartridges, like Pokemon Orange.

havent heard of such a thing (injecting), they'd have to make their own custom installers that enter reg keys manually

easier to just dload yourself

My Windows 7 has it (Shhhhhsh!, don't tell anyone lol). What happens is that the key is part of the installer. When that section of the install comes up, the key is already there. It wouldn't be hard at all for them to do this, or even find someone else who has done it, they already steal from publishers, why not from other pirates, and then they burn it to disk.

This isn't likely, but it seems kinda shady the conditions you described in which the games were being sold. There's also the chance they "fell off a truck".

windows is not a game
windows is designed to have the option to streamline installations, or be unattended (just like office or other MS products)

games most of the time use installshield or custom installers

some games dont have a cdkey till you're in game (call of juarez, farcry2)

[quote name='kathos']Lakeshore W in MISSISSAUGA? Isn't that near Oakville?[/QUOTE]

It's a few minutes away from the Mississauga/Oakville border.

[quote name='RchrdJ']Sealed? If not, there is a good chance they were pirated.[/QUOTE]

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars box wasn't but the jewel for it case was sealed for sure (Can't remember if Lost Planet was sealed), but they both had cd-keys included (or a GFW code for Lost Planet).

A sealed jewel case means nothing, it doesn't cost a lot of money to buy a shrink wrapper.

Though they are older games, so it sounds more like they're trying to clear out old stock (isn't that what clearance warehouse does?) rather than anything nefarious.

Sounds legit to me, especially with it being older PC games that people would be less likely to buy than something like say, Modern Warfare 2.

bread's done
Back