Astro boy 19.99 blu Ray

Someone said the $16 multi-movie coupon might also work, too. Might try that one and see if it'll work like some folks have been posting.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I just returned from Wal-Mart and they didn't have any in-stock :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Did you have them check in the back. Ours had none out on display but the clerk went in the back and came out with a whole box of them. Scored 1 for 5.76 out the door.:bouncy:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Damn...anyone know if it's still $19.99?[/QUOTE]

It was at my local Wal-Mart.

[quote name='spidey35']no, 24.98 now[/QUOTE]

See above.

I was able to get the Astro Boy :br: for $5.52 using the $16 redplum coupon.

[quote name='sgand']What $16 coupon is this?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bdg7884']Where do we get this $16 off coupon from?[/QUOTE]

redplum.com The coupon says $16 off when you buy Astro Boy, New Moon, Bandslam, (some other movie), but it doesn't state that you have to buy all 4...it's clearly YMMV, but for the most part people have been successful.

Just came back from Wal-Mart...no luck, not in stock. Decided to try my luck at Target since I had to do some shopping there anyways, got the last copy, took it to the cashier, she read it over and over and she tried it, but it requested a manager override...she called the manager, manager came over, she read it and said "oh yeah, I just did one of these not too long ago" asked me where to get the coupon, and scored Astro Boy for $15...yeah it's not as sweet as the Wal-Mart deal, but $15 is good enough for me. Besides I'll hold on to the receipt and if happens to go on sale again, I'll get the price difference.

I can verify that the $16 coupon works for Astroboy at Walmart. It practically took a store meeting to allow it, but they did. The only thing slightly more embarrassing then holding up the line was buying The Blindside blu-ray...it's for my wife, I swear.

[quote name='180husher']I can verify that the $16 coupon works for Astroboy at Walmart. It practically took a store meeting to allow it, but they did. The only thing slightly more embarrassing then holding up the line was buying The Blindside blu-ray...it's for my wife, I swear.[/QUOTE]

but its not a chick flick nor is it a bad movie...

$16 coupon also works on New Moon, no Astro boy blu's at my Wal-mart. So I picked up New Moon on DVD (which was on sale for $17) for the sis and a can of monster for $4.xx All the cashier has to do is enter the amount of the coupon. Used the coupon w/ no questions asked. Cashier even commented on how good a deal it was.

Well I just tried using the coupon at a Walmart in Va Beach. I went to the front of the store first and the employee went and asked someone else who then called a manager and eventually said no. I then went back to the electronics department and tried there. This employee also called and asked a manager (probably same manager they asked up front) so I of course got denied again. The employee in the electronics department said something about they were taking it yesterday so maybe they are catching on. I tried another walmart but they didnt have any on the shelf and didnt want to potentially waste time waiting for them to see if they had anymore. May try that one again to see if they restock.

tried it today at target with new moon and got shut down. matter of fact they were really rude and treated me like i was a crook or something for even trying.

No, it's not a fake coupon. People on SD reported seeing it in a store, too. The problem is the wording of the coupon which doesn't state you need to buy 4 movies which is making everyone rightfully suspect to accept the coupon.

I did this deal for new moon (for my sister I promise) came out to $1.XX
however the manager at walmart he wrote down my license number on the back of coupon...very weird
he said something like he couldn't verify it but he'd give it to me anyway

(hope thats all that happens)

can anyone confirm the price of Astro Boy (DVD) at walmart? Mine only had the blu ray version for $19.99.
the webite has it online for $16 but idk if thats just an online price

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the DVD price of Astro Boy was $19.98 as well. Not 100% sure though.

I had success getting WM to accept the coupon. The cashier told me "Sorry, but we don't accept internet coupons" - but then I showed her their own coupon policy I printed from online. They were surprised the coupon actually scanned and was accepted and I walked away happy with a fun BR for a great price for my 4-year-old son.

Best week ever for new movie deals. I got Princess and the Frog, Toy Story 1 and 2, and now Astro Boy for about $9 total for all four of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I tried 2 walmarts and got shot down at the first and the 2nd didn't have any on the shelf. Went back to the 2nd one today and they had some. Took it to the register in the electronics department. The employee looked at it, read it and then said ok. Walked out with Astro on Blu for just under $5 with tax.

My Walmart has self checkouts in the front of the store. Perhaps I should take the movie there with the real coupon for $16 off instead of going to a person?

;)

Okay so I read the coupon and I came away thinking it meant $16 off of any ONE of the items on the list. I showed the coupon to my wife. She read it and was impressed it was such a high dollar coupon. I'm not sure why there is a controversy, it seems like some people here are "adding words" to the coupon that are not there. If any random person on the street reads the thing I think they'll agree with me on what it means.

That said, Target has Astro Boy for like 30 bucks! New Moon is 25. If you buy both together, you get a $5 target gift card. Has anyone tried to use both coupons in the same transaction, one per item?

[quote name='johnnymavrik']My Walmart has self checkouts in the front of the store. Perhaps I should take the movie there with the real coupon for $16 off instead of going to a person?

;)[/QUOTE]

When I bought Astro Boy and New Moon, using two of the $16 coupons, the Walmart cashier had to enter the coupon amount manually. She remarked what a great coupon it was, and that she was going to print one for her to buy the DVD of New Moon. I figure she wound up making a copy of one of the two I gave to her, or just re-using it.

[quote name='johnnymavrik']My Walmart has self checkouts in the front of the store. Perhaps I should take the movie there with the real coupon for $16 off instead of going to a person?

;)[/QUOTE]

I did that. The checkout required associate intervention to enter the amount of the coupon. She read the coupon about three times and double-checked that the correct item was in my bag before approving the amount.

;)[/QUOTE]

That's a good idea never thought of that, might try to get another Astro Boy or New Moon!!!!\\:D/

Went to target bought New Moon and Twilight in Forks used $16. coupon couldn't use on one only!!! And I went today to walmart got Astro Boy $19.99 with $16. coupon manager approved both!!!

Does the coupon scan at Walmart without issue or do you need manager intervention? I'll go tonight if it will scan but I really don't feel like arguing over a borderline coupon.

Is it possible to double up the Redplum coupons?

I want to try and get New Moon and the In Forks thing, and use both the $16 off and the $5 off coupons

[quote name='javeryh']Does the coupon scan at Walmart without issue or do you need manager intervention? I'll go tonight if it will scan but I really don't feel like arguing over a borderline coupon.[/QUOTE]

No intervention when I picked up Astroboy at my Walmart 2 days ago. The guy scanned the coupon, punched in the amount of $16 since that is what the coupon prompts when scanned i guess.

So the person working just needs to type in the amount the coupon stats. Make sure to look for a guy who doesnt give a shit about his job, or a young girl as they never care either.

[quote name='Prepster']No intervention when I picked up Astroboy at my Walmart 2 days ago. The guy scanned the coupon, punched in the amount of $16 since that is what the coupon prompts when scanned i guess.

So the person working just needs to type in the amount the coupon stats. Make sure to look for a guy who doesnt give a shit about his job, or a young girl as they never care either.[/QUOTE]

I just tried and got denied. I looked for the person I thought cared the least and he refused to enter in the amount. He got the manager who refused to do it either. The coupon scans but then there is a prompt to enter in the discount. They said the coupon "meant" you had to buy all 4 movies which I told him was bullshit and that tons of other store were accepting them but he wouldn't budge. Total YMMV.

After a huge hassle at both Wal-mart and Target, I got New Moon from Target with the exclusive target bonus disc on blu-ray for $9.xx and I got Astro Boy from Wal-mart for $4.xx. Good deals but man what a hassle to get it. It took about 45 mins between both stores to get them approved.

bread's done
Back