Asura's Wrath $30 at Target B&M (til 6/2)

Wario64

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
found from NeoGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474213&page=3

o98sB.jpg

I think for PS3 too but I don't think it's 100% confirmed

[quote name='mrbomb']How do you go about getting a pm for it at BB? I have a Target with it in stock but its too far away.[/QUOTE]
Is it commonly possible to match such temporary, but unadvertised sales at BB? I would prefer to get it there, but how do you prove the price? Bring in a photo on your phone? My BB stores are not the worst, but also not the most cooperative either when it comes to pricematching.

So I just finished the first episode. If you want super deep gameplay, this isn't for you. If you want an interactive anime series (because that what it turns out to be really), this is just crazy, but so fucking awesome. First episode there are people who have power levels about 5 times higher than anyone in Dragonball Z.

I really like how the game is broken up into episodes, because I plan on playing like 1-2 a day so I can break the game up into a longer experience for me.

Best Buy removed all copies from there stores in Houston, San Antonio, and Austin. They did this so you could not price match against Target's $30 deal, $$$s.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']So I just finished the first episode. If you want super deep gameplay, this isn't for you. If you want an interactive anime series (because that what it turns out to be really), this is just crazy, but so fucking awesome. First episode there are people who have power levels about 5 times higher than anyone in Dragonball Z.

I really like how the game is broken up into episodes, because I plan on playing like 1-2 a day so I can break the game up into a longer experience for me.[/QUOTE]

the gameplay gets somewhat better and somewhat deeper in the later episodes and according to achievements you unlock some other gameplay perks. the first episode doesnt highlight the gameplay part very well.

and on hard which im playing on the game does get kind of hard later on.

i do agree it is like an interactive anime in some ways. but its freakin sweet. game of the year so far by a long shot. well maybe ME3 also as both are fairly original too.

is this the deepest game 12 episodes in? not really gameplay wise. but its good enough. and highlights the potential of QTEs very well. capcom that made QTEs great in RE4 did it again by making another game with fantastic QTEs. the knife QTE in RE4 remains one of my favorite scenes in a game ever.

yea certainly a fantastic game. im loving it

Does anybody know if the few Targets in NYC have this deal? I might make the trip just for it, Im sold at $30.
Hell I probably would have bought it at $60 if I didn't get a vita.

Picked it up at the Canton, MI Target.

Everytime I try to play it my 5 month old daughter starts crying. I'm thinking she might not be a fan. She loves games on iPad though.

[quote name='jedex']Best Buy removed all copies from there stores in Houston, San Antonio, and Austin. They did this so you could not price match against Target's $30 deal, $$$s.[/QUOTE]

And your proof is...?

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']And your proof is...?[/QUOTE]
I did a store search and not one of them have them in stock any longer at the store. I also stopped by three different stores last week to make several purchases in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston. I also asked one of the employee's to do a store search in all three locations listed above and he had the same result as I. The funny thing is all three stores had them in stock last week. Noticed your located in Houston how about you stop by any BB in Houston and let me know how that goes?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jedex']I did a store search and not one of them have them in stock any longer at the store. I also stopped by three different stores last week to make several purchases in Austin, San Antonio, and Houston. I also asked one of the employee's to do a store search in all three locations listed above and he had the same result as I. The funny thing is all three stores had them in stock last week. Noticed your located in Houston how about you stop by any BB in Houston and let me know how that goes?[/QUOTE]

Ahem. Obviously it was available because...

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Got my price match at Best Buy. Woo!![/QUOTE]

I work for Best Buy. No news on us pulling any copies. Most stores only got in maybe one or two copies at most when the game launched and probably aren't getting anymore seeing as how it didn't sell well. Mine only ever got the one and it's been sitting there collecting dust until I bought it today. And what exactly are you doing to shark several stores across three cities not exactly closeby to each other?

Yet another classy newcomer to this site I see.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Ahem. Obviously it was available because...

I work for Best Buy. No news on us pulling any copies. Most stores only got in maybe one or two copies at most when the game launched and probably aren't getting anymore seeing as how it didn't sell well. Mine only ever got the one and it's been sitting there collecting dust until I bought it today. And what exactly are you doing to shark several stores across three cities not exactly closeby to each other?

Yet another classy newcomer to this site I see.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Ahem. Obviously it was available because...

Still does not make sense, one week for all these stores to have them in and a week later all gone from every BB store in those three cities mentioned. Thanks for the warm welcome!! I luv giving you BB employees a hard time, lol. Maybe I'll drop by and flip a ton of games just to annoy you :)

[quote name='jedex']
Still does not make sense, one week for all these stores to have them in and a week later all gone from every BB store in those three cities mentioned. Thanks for the warm welcome!! I luv giving you BB employees a hard time, lol. Maybe I'll drop by and flip a ton of games just to annoy you :)[/QUOTE]

About a month ago I was looking for this game and no Best Buy in the whole state had it. I was told the exact same thing the poster above said by an employee there. They got a few copies in at release and didn't get any more after that.

[quote name='whoknows']About a month ago I was looking for this game and no Best Buy in the whole state had it. I was told the exact same thing the poster above said by an employee there. They got a few copies in at release and didn't get any more after that.[/QUOTE]

See, that's the logical explanation. :)

[quote name='jedex']Got the last one at my local Target :)[/QUOTE]
Same here (360), I did see some PS3 copies in the Middletown, NJ store.
Question: if I buy all the DLC will the levels go in order, since I'm playing from the beginning?

Thanks to the OP for posting the deal. Would have never known otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fishface45']Same here (360), I did see some PS3 copies in the Middletown, NJ store.
Question: if I buy all the DLC will the levels go in order, since I'm playing from the beginning?

Thanks to the OP for posting the deal. Would have never know otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Playing through the game normally, it will skip the .5 DLC chapters. I made sure to back out between episodes and play them in order.

Awesome buy for $30. Just finished it today with all the DLC. So awesome.

There weren't any anywhere close to me but I'm visiting friends over 100miles away and managed to get the last one at their target. Unfortunately since it's the last one it was in that display thingy and the back bottom is kinda mashed.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Wouldn't surprise me to see an Ultimate version of this game coming out soon.[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt it considering how lackluster the sales have been.

I went to three targets (SF bay area) a bunch of times during this promotion and I couldn't find a single copy. This is what I didn't like about moving back home up north...the CAGers don't quite CAG as hard in the orange county area.

[quote name='robhimself']I went to three targets (SF bay area) a bunch of times during this promotion and I couldn't find a single copy. This is what I didn't like about moving back home up north...the CAGers don't quite CAG as hard in the orange county area.[/QUOTE]

Did you check the store inventory tracker prior to driving around? It seems pretty accurate for this game based on my personal experience here in Southern California.

[quote name='bojay1997']Did you check the store inventory tracker prior to driving around? It seems pretty accurate for this game based on my personal experience here in Southern California.[/QUOTE]

yeah just bad luck i figure. I really wanted to play this game too

On my way out of the city, I was able to stop by another Target and swap out for a copy that wasn't in the display and thus crushed at the bottom. I need to move to a city. This multiple stores in one area stuff is great.

[quote name='Psychonik']yeah normally they don't go about trying to resell a game that didn't sell well in the first place.[/QUOTE]

Naughty Bear Gold Edition says Hi ;)

yeah i need to quit buying crappy selling games, even if they are on sale. I did that target trade 2 for 20 deal last month and got never dead for 20 + 2 flips. i thought this was all good but havnt even opened the game and it's $18used at gamestop. lol fail. bb tiv is 5, haha. peace all

lol i just got it for $15 at sony store clearance last week and still have second thoughts.

[quote name='Velo214']
yeah i need to quit buying crappy selling games, even if they are on sale. I did that target trade 2 for 20 deal last month and got never dead for 20 + 2 flips. i thought this was all good but havnt even opened the game and it's $18used at gamestop. lol fail. bb tiv is 5, haha. peace all[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']lol i just got it for $15 at sony store clearance last week and still have second thoughts.[/QUOTE]

Is that all Sony stores??

[quote name='Wario64']Is that all Sony stores??[/QUOTE]

kinda. each store has different titles on sale...vita games included. theres a thread for sony store sale/clearance- use the thread search tool and it should come up.

[quote name='technicalstylez']kinda. each store has different titles on sale...vita games included. theres a thread for sony store sale/clearance- use the thread search tool and it should come up.[/QUOTE]

Wait, are you talking about Asura's Wrath or Naughty Bear?

bread's done
Back