Asura's Wrath - what the hell is going on here!?

coolz481

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
I just played through both levels of the demo and I really have no idea what just happened. It's like playing Track & Field while watching an anime. I can't imagine that Capcom will sell many copies at full price, but at $10-20 I'm all over it. Anyone else want to add their impressions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I just played the demo on the 360 and I can't even begin to try to understand this shit. Is this based on some anime or something? I normally don't like to shit on games that don't fit my usual taste, but this one is a clusterfuck. I'm sure someone, somewhere will pay full price for it for some reason, but me personally, i dont even see spending 10 on this one.

Didn't make any less sense to me than the Final Fantasy XIII-2 demo. That's just the burden of demos. I applaud the production values and cyberconnect2 has a fairly proven track record, but the nature of the game (and most QTE-heavy games in general) just screams rental to me... something to blast through the story once and be done with.

I liked it, but I like most stuff I can actually survive. Some of the button mashing QTEs got intense though. My mashing is pretty mediocre.

This game is kind of based on a chinese novel call "journey to the west". They use a lot of the plot from that story. I thought it was pretty fun lol. unique combat system. But yeah definitely getting it at full price.

chapter 11 was cooler then chapter 5, and CC2 is one of my favorite developers. But I could see this hitting $30 in a couple months after release.

I just played the episode 5 part. It plays out like an interactive anime with episodes, those mid-episode title screen breaks, and the tsudzuku (to be continued) at the end. I haven't played the other episode, as that left a bad taste in my mouth. QTE hell for sure

bread's done
Back