ASUS Eee PC 1215n

[quote name='dustdust']The processor seems like it will bottleneck the system since it runs at only 1.8GHz[/QUOTE]

It's actually dual core which isn't as big of an issue. Since it's a Eee, it's not suppose to play games and doesn't really require higher processor power. Also they do advertise that it is meant for multimedia and HD, which to me indicates that it should be able to perform those basic functions he wants. Granted ASUS doesn't seem to have this model up on their website yet, but its predecessor has some nice reviews. The only things its predecessor seems to do terrible is 1080p flash related stuff, that it runs pretty hot and that the battery life seems to be really bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks pretty sweet...I basically had the same complaints with my MSI Wind U100...no high def. That looks like it will do 1080p. I like the 12.1 inch screen and the keyboard looks nice as well. I'd go for something like that but I just recently bought an m11x (best of both worlds) though so my Wind will be going up for sale. I did get 25% off (last day of Bing) though so it made it around $650...otherwise I'm not sure I would have bit.

Nicee. I would love to get the m11x but seems pretty expensive and all I really do is have output to myTv for watching shows and what not. ETA is the 31st, we shall see!

[quote name='Draekon']It's actually dual core which isn't as big of an issue. Since it's a Eee, it's not suppose to play games and doesn't really require higher processor power. Also they do advertise that it is meant for multimedia and HD, which to me indicates that it should be able to perform those basic functions he wants. Granted ASUS doesn't seem to have this model up on their website yet, but its predecessor has some nice reviews. The only things its predecessor seems to do terrible is 1080p flash related stuff, that it runs pretty hot and that the battery life seems to be really bad.[/QUOTE]

http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=HrglRhH8D60Rmlv3

ASUS has had this up on its website for a few weeks now, although there's no information on release date or where you can buy it from. The specs are pretty sweet though. I've been anticipating this one for over a month now. The main thing I've seen about its predecessor's complaints about flash and battery life are related to not having Optimus to help with efficiency. The 1215n with Optimus should improve the battery life somewhat, although I'm still not expecting it to be that high (4-6 hours probably). That still beats out my current laptop by miles and the specs pretty much match it. So yeah, highly inticipating this!

[quote name='miaminole21']http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=HrglRhH8D60Rmlv3

ASUS has had this up on its website for a few weeks now, although there's no information on release date or where you can buy it from. The specs are pretty sweet though. I've been anticipating this one for over a month now. The main thing I've seen about its predecessor's complaints about flash and battery life are related to not having Optimus to help with efficiency. The 1215n with Optimus should improve the battery life somewhat, although I'm still not expecting it to be that high (4-6 hours probably). That still beats out my current laptop by miles and the specs pretty much match it. So yeah, highly inticipating this![/QUOTE]

Wonder why I couldn't find it last time I visited the site. Couldn't of been an old cached version. Oh well, thanks for finding the link.

bread's done
Back