Asus EPC$160? Or suggest a CHEAP DURABLE laptop.

Reality's Fringe

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
http://sellout.woot.com/Default.aspx?WootSaleId=8166&ts=1235750033&sig=a215887b1cf41565

Good deal?I'm going to Officer Training soon, and I'll need a PC with Wi-Fi/Internet/Office support since I'm training to be an airborne Command and Control officer (I'm required to use their network to do my satellite imaging work).

I need something durable (field use),simple, and expendable.Any experience with these? Shipping is $5, so it'd be under $180.

Or, if anyone has a better suggestion,please let me know; I'm looking to spend

if your bestbuy still has the Asus 900a in stock it should only be $179...better specs then the 2g...i just got one and i am happy with it so far

there is a link in the slickdeals forum where you can see if one near you has it in stock...

I have a Dell mini9 and I love it.
With Windows 7 it runs surprisingly fast.
The only downside I could see is the limited storage, but you can upgrade the SSD and it has an SD card slot that supports SDHC.

The surf has a screen that's too small if you ask me. You should be able to find a decent deal on a 900 model. That's the one I have and I think it's great. I'm running a custom image of XP I built with nLight.

I wouldn't consider anything with under a nine inch screen to be very user friendly. It is just too small for anything I am trying to do. I suggest checking out some of the models at like Best Buy and seeing what you prefer. I got my MSI Wind model of around $300 and it will run anything you stated. It can run XP and Windows 7 (I haven't tried this personally) and even Mac OS.

bread's done
Back