AT&T phone giving trouble? Got insurance? Ask for Escalation!

NamelessMC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
My Blackberry 7290C has been giving me problems ever since I dropped it. It randomly shuts off and requires me to turn it back on really fast and then it has to refresh the network. Dropped calls. It runs really slow when I have any more than 15 sms messages. My girlfriend has like 300 text messages saved on her phone and she scrolls through them faster than lightning. The Blackberry scroll wheel is atrocious. It won't even scroll up anymore. I scroll it up and up and up, and after about 30 rotations, I get one upward motion.

So I called the insurance policy department, and when speaking to the young lady, I asked her what phone I would be getting. They almost had me file a warranty claim on it even when I told them I dropped it. When I called back, the lady said, "I don't know why he told you that. If you dropped your phone, the warranty is invalid and you have to file through insurance."

She told me, "We'd be sending you a Blackberry 8700C. It's a newer Blackberry, more internal memory than yours, better model" She sounded enthusiastic about it, but I decided in my mind, "Hey I'm a CAG'er and a Slickdealer. I'm not settling for these damn cheap PDA phones." I told her, "*Sigh*... I'm just not impressed with Blackberrys anymore. Is there any way I can get another smart phone? I'd most likely subscribe for a data plan if I could get a different phone. I just don't want to deal with a scroll wheel again."

She told me, "Well there's not much I can do to change the phone selection except the color of the phone." I told her, "Well what about escalation? Can I speak to a higher level policy representative?" (Insert innuendo World of Warcraft joke) She told me, "I can transfer you to my supervisor if that's what you're asking." I got transfered to Terese, and she finally asked me, "Well was there any phone in particular you had in mind?" I told her, "Well I really like the Palms and I was hoping I could get one of those. I'd like to eliminate scroll wheel altogether and use a touch screen." She said, "Hold on let me check what's available.... *pause* Well there's a Palm 680.... And a Palm 750." I told her, "The 750 sounds nice... How's this Centro? Is it a good phone?" (I already knew the specs) She avoided the Centro a bit, probably not wanting to toss me one of those and brought up the 680. I told her, "I'd like the Centro if I could get that one. The 750 is nice but it's kind of bulky."

I'm being shipped a brand new Obsidian Black Palm Centro as we speak. I'm really happy with AT&T now more than ever. I went from a 7290C to being offered an 8700C to landing myself a Palm Centro. :bouncy:

I know some people say the 750 is a better Palm and I could've gotten it, but the Centro has more multimedia features I like. Better camera, better instant messaging, full MP3 playback support without needing the MP3 Deluxe software package ($40). It has a slower CPU than the 750, but my friend told me unless I start trying to load my own program code into it, it won't matter.

Great Deal!!!

I myself have Verizon and with insurance they have always upgraded my phone to a better model just not a different manufacture/SP?

Right now im rolling with a Blackberry Pearl 8130 that im sure "will be upgraded" LOL within 1 year

bread's done
Back