Atari PC Download Game Sale 50 % Off Nov 25-29 NWN2 Mysteries of Westgate $5

Good find. There's some pretty good stuff on there.

I was interested to see that they have an Atari 2600 emulator in Flash on the website, so you can play old cartridge and arcade games. Not a huge selection, but I really enjoyed the original Haunted House game when I was a kid. It's really hard when you turn on both difficulty switches!

nice Ive been looking for this game for a good deal too bad steam doesnt have it for cheap cause id get it there but nonetheless thanks for pointing us to the atari sale

The extended download service they try to subject you to is bullshit! I really would like to get Westgate for my wife for Christmas, but I can't believe that they would stiff you on being able to download a game YOU PURCHASE after 30 days unless you pay them DOUBLE THE PRICE during this sale. It's as if there is no sale.

This makes me realize more and more why I am only buying PC games from Steam now. I am now really rethinking on buying this, whereas if they didn't have such a policy it would have been bought and paid for.

-Noise

[quote name='noise850']The extended download service they try to subject you to is bullshit! I really would like to get Westgate for my wife for Christmas, but I can't believe that they would stiff you on being able to download a game YOU PURCHASE after 30 days unless you pay them DOUBLE THE PRICE during this sale. It's as if there is no sale.

This makes me realize more and more why I am only buying PC games from Steam now. I am now really rethinking on buying this, whereas if they didn't have such a policy it would have been bought and paid for.

-Noise[/QUOTE]

Just download and burn to DVD, no? That's how I plan to back it up.

[quote name='hordak']Just download and burn to DVD, no? That's how I plan to back it up.[/QUOTE]

I know that is the best option.

It's just mind-boggling to me that in this day of modern digital distribution, someone would have such draconian policies. The whole reason for having digital distribution in the first place is that there is no disc! So, by me having to create a backup DVD, I might aswell have a retail boxed copy. Oh wait, this expansion isn't even offered as a retail boxed copy, so my only way of purchasing it is through this system.

In the end, I most likely will succumb and buy the thing, especially since it is for my wife and NWN2 is one of her favorite games. I just hate rewarding bad behavior with my hard-earned dollar.

Oh well, back to looking at the Steam sales!

-Noise

Yes this is why I try to post about every Atari sale I am aware of, its one of the only ways if not the ONLY way to get this adventure pack.

Yeah noise, it is draconian re-download policy by them, thats one of the reasons I never suggest buying it for the regular price of $10, along with Atari taking FOREVER to give the greenlight to release this for sale. Now to check if I burned it to DVD way back when I bought it, if not I should get on that soon.

Hey Loomis,

I definitely appreciate you posting the deal! I had never bought anything directly from Atari, and was just taken aback when I hit the final checkout page and saw the EDS.

In the end, I decided to just say screw it and try and get the damn thing. Then guess what? My CC got declined with an error. I tried a different CC and it got declined again, only with a different error! Tonight I took my wife out to a movie and dinner and the CC worked fine, so I imagine the issue is on Atari's end.

I guess they really do not want to sell me this game!

-Noise

I wanted to buy the NWN2 Platinum pack and the website kindly informed me that it wasn't available for download in my area.

really?

Really?

REALLY?

fuck you, atari.

Yeah, they have a ton of crap listed that then says, "not available in your region", well why list it if Atari knows where the user is logged in from.

Its typical Atari style/thinking though, so I guess I'm use to it. Doesn't make it right.

bread's done
Back