Atari's Greatest Hits Vol 2 -DS- $9.65 ~Amazon~

skiizim

CAGiversary!
Feedback
119 (100%)
Title says it all, I've been eying this for some time and the price finally dropped.

Atari's Greatest Hits Vol 2 for $9.65, you can wait for it to go cheaper but if you have been waiting like me for a descent drop here it is!

Here is Retro Atari Classics for $6.62., not as good as the other compilations but not bad.

I received an email earlier this morning about Amazon having a clearance sale on DS games, there are over 700 items listed. There are some descent games along with just a bunch of crap.

Thanks for the updates and pointing out the price change, lol... sorry for the mix up, I updated really quick before I went to bed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would probably get this if I didn't have the ps2 atari anthology which has almost all of these games plus more. Debating on whether it would be worth it to have them portable. Usually I play them for a few seconds, realize how far we've come in gaming, then don't want to play it anymore.

this or 2 Dsiwere games ....

ummmm if i can find just 5 games out of the 50 that i like and can get around 3 to 4 hours of playtime out of i be happy...

ordered hope i like it more the the intelevision lives game i got

Awesome, thanks OP! I was thinking of getting this over the weekend when I was at a few stores and realized I had never seen it at any B&M stores... was going to order it anyway, but getting it for nearly half price is great!

I used to love atari so much.. I think the only reason i would get these games would not be to play them but just collect them

well thats really gay. I guess the sale is over. I was browsing it a few hours ago, and had several pages up with games i wanted (like zombie seeker, ect) that were cheap. I had to go to the store to get stuff for a trip. By the time i came back all the prices have changed =( I think the atari stuff still is on sale, but almost everything else on clearance is now back up to full price

friggin fail, wish id bought the stuff when i had the chance

I previously bought Volume 1 from Amazon for $13.74 so keep an eye on the current price. I went ahead and picked up a second copy of Volume 2 at the current $9.94 price. These collections are great but one thing to keep in mind is that you're going to need two cards of each game to do a majority of the two-player games via two DSes. Sucks but that's something to keep in mind if you are interested in doing just that.

[quote name='Justin42']Hey OP, Retro Atari Classics is NOT Part 1. RAC is ... not very good, IMHO. I bought it around the time it launched and played it 2-3 times. I can't even remember what was wrong with it, other than the "remixed" games were pretty boring and the originals felt off. (iirc)
[/QUOTE]

Your recollection is spot on. Retro Atari Classics is horrible. Even if you think there's something you might like in there, you'll be presented with poor ports and bad control schemes.

The biggest deal is that the originals were all ports, not emulations. They're noticeably off in a lot of ways. On top of that, many of the games pushed stylus controls that just weren't very good. The whole thing comes across as broken, especially if you just want to play the original games.

The remix games are mostly awful, too. You'll try them once or twice to see the graphics and then never look at them again. Go for the greatest hits collections, but stay away from Retro Atari Classics. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

Namco Museum is cool for what it is, but not the price it's selling for on Amazon right now. If you have friends you can play with Pac Man vs is really cool, I like these compilations because I don't need to have a long gaming session and they're real easy to put down.

bread's done
Back