Atelier Meruru PS3 pre-order $37.99 + tax in CA and free shipping @ Newegg

solarisv

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This deals starts on 5/2 Midnight 12:01 am (so its easier for some of you) at Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=NcAkpJPoEeGbd7okrvv5MA64ba7&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16879247053

You can pre-order Atelier Meruru with a $12 off discount code

24HRSALE52B

This is a 1 day only sale after 5/2 code will no longer work.

try to copy/paste this if the link above does not work

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=NcAkpJPoEeGbd7okrvv5MA64ba7&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16879247053

link doesn't work for me, OP:

Thank you for visiting Newegg.com. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience but we are currently experiencing problems on our server. Please try again at a later time.
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQs or simply contact us and our helpful staff will alleviate any concerns you may have.

Guess their servers are down?

[quote name='TooPoor']link doesn't work for me, OP:

Thank you for visiting Newegg.com. We are truly sorry for any inconvenience but we are currently experiencing problems on our server. Please try again at a later time.
If you have any questions, please visit our FAQs or simply contact us and our helpful staff will alleviate any concerns you may have.

Guess their servers are down?[/QUOTE]

It's working for me.

sweet thanks OP. I will gladly save $12 and cancel my preorder with Amazon. Now to remember to enter in code once it goes active.

That is a good price but I can wait a few months for gamestop to drop it to $29.99. Too many games to go through at the moment

Aw man. I have the $65 version preordered on the NISA store. The CAG in me says go with Newegg, but the rest of me says wear that barrel shirt proudly. Sorry CAG, I'll support probably my favorite publisher.

Does this come with the artbook? I think I read that all copies of Meruru come with the artbook and that the limited edition at NISA is the only actual limited edition. If it does come with the artbook, I can't say no to $37.99.

are these Atelier games coming out every 5 months? cause i swear i've heard of at least 3 of these games in the last year.

[quote name='Kadamas']Does this come with the artbook? I think I read that all copies of Meruru come with the artbook and that the limited edition at NISA is the only actual limited edition. If it does come with the artbook, I can't say no to $37.99.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. 64.99 is pretty steep for an OST, a T-shirt and a large box.

Three games, released around every year in Japan. There reason you've been hearing about it so much is probably that Totori released in September in the US and they're getting us Meruru here pretty fast, May instead of September.

Jeez, they're kind of like Call of Alchemy or something now, with Ayesha too.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']Aw man. I have the $65 version preordered on the NISA store. The CAG in me says go with Newegg, but the rest of me says wear that barrel shirt proudly. Sorry CAG, I'll support probably my favorite publisher.[/QUOTE]
^---- This. Gotta support them with my hard earned cash!! I want the artbook and OST anyway, more than makes up for the $20 difference.

Thanks OP, as much as I'd love to support NIS directly I can't really justify keeping the premium edition for $27 more compared to this.

[quote name='Kadamas']Does this come with the artbook? I think I read that all copies of Meruru come with the artbook and that the limited edition at NISA is the only actual limited edition. If it does come with the artbook, I can't say no to $37.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if newegg carries the artbook.

[quote name='barrit']Damn, nice price! I'd jump on it if I didn't want the premium edition.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I feel.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']That's exactly how I feel.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and ordered the standard. I look at all the premium stuff for about five minutes, think it's neat, then end up selling the game anyway.

[quote name='FlippyMcSlickdeal']Is this series any good ? Nocturne/DDS fan here[/QUOTE]

Series is fun casual jrpg. Nothing like the games you stated. This game is for jrpg/anime lovers and would be more inline with Trinity Universe and Cross Edge.

[quote name='Kadamas']Jeez, they're kind of like Call of Alchemy or something now, with Ayesha too.[/QUOTE]

Gust releases about 1 Atelier game a year, so it's not that surprising. They're often grouped into trilogies and what not. It's been known since Rorona that this was a trilogy (Rorona/Totori/Meruru).

[quote name='mythus']are these Atelier games coming out every 5 months? cause i swear i've heard of at least 3 of these games in the last year.[/QUOTE]

Haha it certainly seems that way.

I've actually never played an Atelier game, and I am a huge JRPG fan with a huge PS1/PS2 library, and my PS3 library is growing as well, but somehow these games never appealed to me.

...plus, if I were to start buying them now, I would *need* to hunt down all the premium editions, which would be expensive... so I'll keep neglecting to buy them, I think, and focus on my ridiculous backlog

[quote name='Tom Ato']I went ahead and ordered the standard. I look at all the premium stuff for about five minutes, think it's neat, then end up selling the game anyway.[/QUOTE]

I collect them though. I have all the other recent NIS CEs and I love supporting them.

[quote name='Dabears34']Series is fun casual jrpg. Nothing like the games you stated. This game is for jrpg/anime lovers and would be more inline with Trinity Universe and Cross Edge.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Neptunia is more akin to Trinity Universe than Atelier, and Cross Edge is.... well, just ass. Rare misstep by NIS, that and Last Rebellion.

Atelier games tend to be very old-school turn based JRPGs with a bit of collecting/alchemy questing thrown in for good measure.

[quote name='solarnoise']Haha it certainly seems that way.

I've actually never played an Atelier game, and I am a huge JRPG fan with a huge PS1/PS2 library, and my PS3 library is growing as well, but somehow these games never appealed to me.

...plus, if I were to start buying them now, I would *need* to hunt down all the premium editions, which would be expensive... so I'll keep neglecting to buy them, I think, and focus on my ridiculous backlog[/QUOTE]

The PS3 rpgs really have not disappeared yet, with the exception of Neptunia 1&2 and Trinity Universe. Most of the other games you can find the CE's for roughly the original MSRP. The first two Atelier games you can find the premium editions from gamestop.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Is there an LE with this though? Im not seeing one on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
It's only available through NISA website.

Got it from newegg $12 off. Dont care about the t-shirt and didnt want to pay $25 extra just for the sound track!

Thanks OP!!!!

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Does NISA charge your card right away?[/QUOTE]

You will have a pending charge for the full amount on your account for a few days (I guess to check if funds are available). It will go away and you will be actually charged when it ships.

[quote name='EdgeOfThorns']Does NISA charge your card right away?[/QUOTE]
It puts a hold on that amount I believe. It takes from your paypal right away if you choose that route.

anyone get a response from newegg on whether this comes with the free artbook? I just sent them an email asking this

So I cancelled my NISA premium order. Seeing how they still have premium Rorona in stock, I've decided to wait for them to drop the price on Meruru. Extra $27 is too much for shirt I don't want, soundtrack (blue laguna anyone?), and bigger box.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']So I cancelled my NISA premium order. Seeing how they still have premium Rorona in stock, I've decided to wait for them to drop the price on Meruru. Extra $27 is too much for shirt I don't want, soundtrack (blue laguna anyone?), and bigger box.[/QUOTE]

See, I thought the same thing so I waited on it, but I guess NISA made a more limited print run on this one than Rorona or Totori, so I missed my chance.

And it's already going up on eBay for over $100. Well, fuck. :cry:

[quote name='nickawesome']Anyone who ordered through newegg get a shipping status yet? It still says I'm on pre-order status[/QUOTE]

First time doing a preorder at newegg and I was hoping they would be like bestbuy where they give you the preorders shipped on Tuesday but its Wednesday and no game.

My status says "still in preorder" so not sure if that means they don't have the game yet or what.

[quote name='Dabears34']First time doing a preorder at newegg and I was hoping they would be like bestbuy where they give you the preorders shipped on Tuesday but its Wednesday and no game.

My status says "still in preorder" so not sure if that means they don't have the game yet or what.[/QUOTE]

I'm told the game was pushed back.

Finally got my shipping confirmation from NISA. Game was pushed back a week or so from the original release date, but that's typical for NIS.

bread's done
Back