Atelier Rorona (PS3) $35 @ Amazon

gamestop already just drop $10 off making it $50. you may not be able find the big boxset for under $40 new when it hits. RPGs are the only genre that I will pay almost MSRP new and factory sealed for due to the fact that later on they have a chance to become rare and still sale for what you pay for or more. by the way, its also on NEWEGG for the same price game only as amazon. throw in some fillers to go over $50 and save $10 on purchase which is mentioned in the other thread

Ya I tend to agree, but this game seems to have about 5+ at every gamestop I've been to still so I think another drop is in order in the future. I'd maybe pay 40+tax for the deluxe version.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']This is gonna get much lower.[/QUOTE]
I dunno about that. The Atelier Iris series on the PS2 still retails for around $30 per new game. Used is much cheaper though.

This is game only right? I want to still feel superior buying the boxed version from Gamestop at release

Though I did notice that Amazon was selling it for $10 less, they were selling boxed as well back then weren't they?

[quote name='TraBuch']I dunno about that. The Atelier Iris series on the PS2 still retails for around $30 per new game. Used is much cheaper though.[/QUOTE]

Well that's a lot for a game for me. I don't usually spend over 20 unless its collectors edition like my 30 dollar ce alan wake. So you didn't answer, is it a srpg?

[quote name='typical guy']Well that's a lot for a game for me. I don't usually spend over 20 unless its collectors edition like my 30 dollar ce alan wake. So you didn't answer, is it a srpg?[/QUOTE]
No. It's a typical turn based JRPG with A LOT of item synthesis. At least that's what Atelier Iris games were like, not sure if this is changed in any way.

It's a really niche title. People either love it or hate it. You should really research it before thinking about buying it. Youtube some videos.

[quote name='TraBuch']No. It's a typical turn based JRPG with A LOT of item synthesis. At least that's what Atelier Iris games were like, not sure if this is changed in any way.

It's a really niche title. People either love it or hate it. You should really research it before thinking about buying it. Youtube some videos.[/QUOTE]

I really like jrpgs but I hate srpgs like final fantasy tactics. I will keep an eye out for this to drop to 20 or clearance out at stores.

If you guys think it'll go lower, then I'll just wait. I don't ever buy used, though. (in other words, I hope it doesn't end up being a collector's item--course then I could just skip it anyway....

Oh sorry, am I still typing? I didn't realize I was awake yet.

to all the ones thinking OH itll just get lower ill pass. i strongly urge you to reconsider. reason being if your a collector the gamestop boxset is the only one that comes with the VERY nice artbook. on top of that look on ebay and amazon its selling for 70+ and will only get much much higher once it sells out at gamestop. if you only want just the game then yah the game alone will go down its the big box set collectors want.

[quote name='gauu']to all the ones thinking OH itll just get lower ill pass. i strongly urge you to reconsider. reason being if your a collector the gamestop boxset is the only one that comes with the VERY nice artbook. on top of that look on ebay and amazon its selling for 70+ and will only get much much higher once it sells out at gamestop. if you only want just the game then yah the game alone will go down its the big box set collectors want.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I buy games to play them.

My only question is whether this goes out of print/out of stock before the price drops down any further.

Yeah, that's what I was wondering about. There are a few I missed out on because of that.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Sorry, I buy games to play them.
[/QUOTE]
Tell that to my shelf of games I haven't gotten to yet! :)

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Sorry, I buy games to play them.

My only question is whether this goes out of print/out of stock before the price drops down any further.[/QUOTE]

Me too, I don't buy games to keep them around the house collecting dust like nick-nacks. I've never played the series before so it's not that big of a deal to me if I don't play it. I'll simply keep an eye out for it when it comes down in price. All games come down in price eventually, I don't know why this one would be immune. It just came out in September. Maybe in a year or two I'll pick it up somewhere, I have a backlog.

bread's done
Back