Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']At the Northlake Best Buy, they had a managers special for 75% off Blacksite: Area 51 (final price $7.50). There were a handful of other games that weren't as interesting to me, and as such I've forgotten them. But if it's still there, it might be worth a trip.

Also, they had 2 copies of Warhawk with the bluetooth headset for the $29.99 price. Clearly marked.[/quote]

Do you remember how many Blacksite: Area 51s they had?

Also, were they 360 versions or PS3 versions?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Do you remember how many copies of Sylpheed and KUF they had left? Also do you know when the day they are closing?[/quote]

I'd say I saw at least 8 or 9 of each of those. Not nearly as many as some of the other titles.

As far as when the last day is, may have already happened. Signs out front said "LAST 7 DAYS," and that was Saturday. No idea when that seven-day count started. Call before you drive out there.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Do you remember how many Blacksite: Area 51s they had?

Also, were they 360 versions or PS3 versions?[/quote]
I got the last
iconxbox360.gif
BS:A51 I only saw 360. The
iconps3.gif
Jericho on clearance was ONLY for PS3. The poker games were 360 only as were the available copies
iconxbox360.gif
Tiger Woods 08.

There were several DS titles but absolutely nothing that I can remember as remotely interesting I think they were mostly "kids titles".

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Do you remember how many copies of Sylpheed and KUF they had left? Also do you know when the day they are closing?[/quote]
I stopped by Friday 8-8-08 and they were closed with a sign stating that "new store opening the 11th." I thought they were closing for good. Is this just a redesign for that TRU?
[quote name='gsugator']Any other deals in Snellville? Target or Best Buy?[/quote]I didn't see anything at Target last time I was there. Maybe a PS2 Jackass for 5. I forgot to post that the BB finally dropped it's clearance stuff to 75% off. The highlights of what was left was Splinter Cell for DS 7.50, PS3 Darkness 15, Def Jam Icon (PS3?) 7.50 and a bunch of GBA shovelware type of stuff.

[quote name='jdawgg76'] I thought they were closing for good. Is this just a redesign for that TRU?
[/quote]
They are opening a new store just down the street on 20. It is on the left if you are heading away from the interstate.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I stopped by Friday 8-8-08 and they were closed with a sign stating that "new store opening the 11th." I thought they were closing for good. Is this just a redesign for that TRU?[/quote]

No, they moved it a mile or two or three farther North?? It's been moved and I think it's farther North on the same road it is on... anyone have anymore information?

Looks like a Gamestop is opening up in Acworth on 41. I saw the sign while pulling out of the Circuit City parking lot. It's across the way in the strip mall where the Subway is (next to the Home Depot). There's one more Fire Emblem for the Wii left at the CC BTW.

Gamestop's site says they're looking to hire a store manager and asst. store manager (actually, a lot in the Atlanta area) for anyone who is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we're all discussing new store openings, what's the deal with the Play 'n Trade in Snellville on Hwy 124? I figured it would be open by now. Last I checked, it was still in the process.

Quick question - with CC having the $30 GC the week of the 10th on all 360 systems, and since I bought one last weekend at BB, can I bring the CC ad in and have BB price match the $30 GC?

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Since we're all discussing new store openings, what's the deal with the Play 'n Trade in Snellville on Hwy 124? I figured it would be open by now. Last I checked, it was still in the process.[/quote]Huh? How'd I miss that? Where at? By the way, the N2 Games store at 5 Forks and Sugarloaf is a lost cause. I think they wanted $60 for Baldur's Gate 2 for PS2 and 45 or 55 for a used The Outfit.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Huh? How'd I miss that? Where at? By the way, the N2 Games store at 5 Forks and Sugarloaf is a lost cause. I think they wanted $60 for Baldur's Gate 2 for PS2 and 45 or 55 for a used The Outfit.[/QUOTE]

Where the UPS Store used to be. Right next to Men's Wearhous and O'Charley's in front of Old Navy. It's been saying "Coming Soon" forever.

[quote name='mitch079']Looks like a Gamestop is opening up in Acworth on 41. I saw the sign while pulling out of the Circuit City parking lot. It's across the way in the strip mall where the Subway is (next to the Home Depot). There's one more Fire Emblem for the Wii left at the CC BTW.[/quote]Well it's about dang time. But I'm confused, I know the Home Depot in acworth (I spend a lot of time in their garden department), but I never noticed a subway around there. Is this going to be in the Best Buy strip mall area or the Target Strip mall area or somewhere else?

[quote name='mitch079']Quick question - with CC having the $30 GC the week of the 10th on all 360 systems, and since I bought one last weekend at BB, can I bring the CC ad in and have BB price match the $30 GC?[/quote]
You can always try, but I would be very surprized if they honor this.

[quote name='guinaevere']Well it's about dang time. But I'm confused, I know the Home Depot in acworth (I spend a lot of time in their garden department), but I never noticed a subway around there. Is this going to be in the Best Buy strip mall area or the Target Strip mall area or somewhere else?

[/QUOTE]

You know that little strip mall to the left of the Home Depot when you're pulling in? It ends up connecting to Stevie B's and Best Buy. It's in there.

Address is Store 6242 - 3345 Cobb Parkway Space 3. It will be in that little strip mall that connects to Stevie B's which then swings up and around to Best Buy. I think there's a nail salon in there and some other stuff I've never paid attention to. When you pull in at the main Home Depot entrance and go left instead of straight or right into Home Depot when you get to the 4 way intersection with the stop sign, the Subway is right there and GS is 2 stores to the left of it.

Anyone seen a copy of Eternal Sonata (360) at any GA area CCs... I've been to a few with no luck and really want a copy of the game.

[quote name='mitch079']You know that little strip mall to the left of the Home Depot when you're pulling in? It ends up connecting to Stevie B's and Best Buy. It's in there. [/quote]Got it! Thanks.

Got the $30 GC. I overheard them saying it was the 60gb system so I said no, the 60 gb would be $350 and besides it's with any system. They checked to see if they were in stock at the CC across the street and I got it.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyone seen a copy of Eternal Sonata (360) at any GA area CCs... I've been to a few with no luck and really want a copy of the game.[/QUOTE]

I bought one earlier in the week at Acworth. I didn't look very hard to see if there was another.

CircuitCity @ cumberland mall had tons of Eternal Sonata for $16.96 -from this months price drop, they were not in the bin though they were on an endcap near the TVs. They also had family guy for original xbox, is this game BC? Is itr worth it?

It's on the BC list with no reported issues at least according to Microsoft's site. It has a 57.6% rating on gamerankings.com. I'd personally wait for a drop to 8.96.

[quote name='wester76']CircuitCity @ cumberland mall had tons of Eternal Sonata for $16.96 -from this months price drop, they were not in the bin though they were on an endcap near the TVs. They also had family guy for original xbox, is this game BC? Is itr worth it?[/quote]

THANKS!! I got one. And there is one copy left...

Here are some Brandsmart deals:

PS2 Singstar Amped with mics - 8.88
PS3 Rock Band Game only - 12.88
360 Guitar Hero 3 Game Only - 12.88
PS3 Madden 09 - 48.88
Wii Madden 09 - 38.88
PS2 Madden 09 - 28.88
360 Need For Speed Pro Street - 6.88
DS Pokemon Trozei - 4.88

[quote name='wester76']CircuitCity @ cumberland mall had tons of Eternal Sonata for $16.96 -from this months price drop, they were not in the bin though they were on an endcap near the TVs. They also had family guy for original xbox, is this game BC? Is itr worth it?[/quote]

HAHA! found one on the end-cap!

Now of to brandsmart, HUZZAH!

[quote name='mitch079']Here are some Brandsmart deals:

PS3 Madden 09 - 48.88
Wii Madden 09 - 38.88
PS2 Madden 09 - 28.88
DS Pokemon Trozei - 4.88[/quote]HEEEECK- yeah.
SingStar Amp'd. Don't need the mic but I'm down for Amp'd. You didn't notice if any other versions were at that price.

I checked Peachtree Ind. for the following deals:
[quote name='mitch079']
PS3 Madden 09 - 48.88
[/quote]

None of those were to be had. There were some (360) Oblivion Collector's Editions tagged @ $18 (saw two at that price) but I also saw one tagged $58 so YMMV. I passed since I had the RE.

Might try Kennesaw tomorrow.
So be sure and go to the Keneesaw store.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I checked Peachtree Ind. for the following deals:

None of those were to be had. There were some Oblivion Collector's Editions tagged @ $18 (saw two at that price) but I also saw one tagged $58 so YMMV. I passed since I had the RE.

So be sure and go to the Keneesaw store.[/quote]

360 or PS3? Though I should probably wait for the GotY edition to go on clearance...

[quote name='ZharTheMad']360 or PS3? Though I should probably wait for the GotY edition to go on clearance...[/quote]

360 version of Oblivion CE

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I checked Peachtree Ind. for the following deals:

None of those were to be had. There were some (360) Oblivion Collector's Editions tagged @ $18 (saw two at that price) but I also saw one tagged $58 so YMMV. I passed since I had the RE.

So be sure and go to the Keneesaw store.[/quote]

really? I literally just came back from the PIB Brandsmart and picked up a Rock Band. It was marked $59.99 so people got scared away perhaps?

I guess you really just have to dig for the games because they aren't in any order at all. It's somewhat alphabetical, but with the smattering of Maddens all over the place you really have to dig deep for the treasure. It's just too bad I didn't have time to pick up a NFS.

Also, CC by perimeter mall was sucked dry of clearance titles.

[quote name='neocisco']Save me a NFS![/quote]At $7, you may enjoy it. But Pro Street was SUCH a let down. Complete divergence from the NFS franchise, and imo not a single good change in there.

The Brandsmart deals were all in their weekly ad that popped up when I entered Kennesaw as the state and zip.

Barret Pkwy Target Update
#60:
Bioshock $27.98 (about 6)
Darkness $13.98 (a few)
Condemned 2 $27.98
Ballers, chosen one $27.98
MX vx ATV $34.98
Saints Row (endcap) $13.98

PS3
Kaine and Lynch $19.98

Wii
Nintendo Metroid Prime 3: C $34.98

[quote name='pogipinoy27']really? I literally just came back from the PIB Brandsmart and picked up a Rock Band. It was marked $59.99 so people got scared away perhaps?

I guess you really just have to dig for the games because they aren't in any order at all. It's somewhat alphabetical, but with the smattering of Maddens all over the place you really have to dig deep for the treasure. It's just too bad I didn't have time to pick up a NFS.
[/quote]

Damn, I don't know how I missed it. Me and my brother flipped through every game, how many were there. Were they on the same red shelf with the rest of the 360 games?

Dangit...That's what I get for not checking the thread for a few days.

[quote name='mitch079']Here are some Brandsmart deals:

PS3 Madden 09 - 48.88
Wii Madden 09 - 38.88
PS2 Madden 09 - 28.88
DS Pokemon Trozei - 4.88[/quote]

Ooh...Trozei for that price would be lovely. Wonder if there are any left?

Dallas Hwy had the best deals

Saw a Metroid for the Wii - 24.98 - endcap in the DVD section - there was a Spiderwick Chronicles Wii in there for the same price, a bunch of Madden 08 for the PS3, a couple other odds and ends

A bunch of 360 games in the display case

Bioshock - couple left - 19.98
Bully - couple left - 14.98
K&L - a few - 19.98
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 - 1 left - didn't check, not a soccer fan
Might have been some FIFA 08s as well
Condemned 2 - 1 or 2 left - 19.98

Also had at least 20 1600 pt cards if you're looking for any with them being on sale this week.

FIFA 08 for the PS2 - a few left
Singstar 80s - game only- a few left - I'm thinking both of these were 14.98
HSM with pad - couldn't see the price as the 1 was in the case at the bottom
Some of the BUZZ games were also red tagged but I also couldn't see a price on those in the bottom of the display case

Only thing I saw of notice in Acworth, besides higher prices on the clearanced 360 games, were a couple of DDR Supernova 2 PS2 games with dance pads clearanced but I didn't take note of the price. Assume 30% off of $60, but it might have been 50%. Sorry I was in a bit of a hurry, and hungry lol.

[quote name='mitch079']Dallas Hwy had the best deals

Saw a Metroid for the Wii - 24.98 - endcap in the DVD section - there was a Spiderwick Chronicles Wii in there for the same price, a bunch of Madden 08 for the PS3, a couple other odds and ends

A bunch of 360 games in the display case

Bioshock - couple left - 19.98
Bully - couple left - 14.98
K&L - a few - 19.98
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 - 1 left - didn't check, not a soccer fan
Might have been some FIFA 08s as well
Condemned 2 - 1 or 2 left - 19.98

Also had at least 20 1600 pt cards if you're looking for any with them being on sale this week.

FIFA 08 for the PS2 - a few left
Singstar 80s - game only- a few left - I'm thinking both of these were 14.98
HSM with pad - couldn't see the price as the 1 was in the case at the bottom
Some of the BUZZ games were also red tagged but I also couldn't see a price on those in the bottom of the display case

Only thing I saw of notice in Acworth, besides higher prices on the clearanced 360 games, were a couple of DDR Supernova 2 PS2 games with dance pads clearanced but I didn't take note of the price. Assume 30% off of $60, but it might have been 50%. Sorry I was in a bit of a hurry, and hungry lol.[/quote]
Definately headed over that way to get a copy of Bully at that price. Was this on Monday or today?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Definately headed over that way to get a copy of Bully at that price. Was this on Monday or today?[/quote]

If they have two, could you grab one for me?

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Definately headed over that way to get a copy of Bully at that price. Was this on Monday or today?[/QUOTE]

Today, I was there around 8PM.

[quote name='Tybee']If they have two, could you grab one for me?[/quote]
No problem, gas > media mail rate for sure.

[quote name='mitch079']Today, I was there around 8PM.[/quote]
Definitely headed over there before lunch then.

Just stopped by Target cumberland, and there were a few things on sale. Dunno if this stuff has been posted, but there are two copies of Bioshock for 27.88, Nights for 34, Kain and Lynch for the ps3 for 19.88, and they were out of the 1600 point cards.

Anybody have a target scan so I can PM the 1600 at Best Buy?

Northpoint Target has at least a dozen copies of any version of Madden08 you could want on clearance (half price). Nights for 35, some Dark Sectors for 20, some Condemned (2?) for maybe half price, and a few other things I don't remember exactly.

Dallas Hwy Target now has zero Bullies (360, picked up on for me and one for a request).
There was one Bioshock (360) left.
There were several K&L left at $19
I may be mistaken but I thought the Condemned 2 that was left said $27 (I may be mixing it up with Barrett Pkwy Target).

There was also another clearance endcap near books that had some copies of Nights for Wii $19 and Madden 08 for PS3 (don't recall the price though).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Dallas Hwy Target now has zero Bullies (360, picked up on for me and one for a request).[/quote]

Doh! Was gonna go pick one up... maybe I'll be able to find another for 14.98 or ideally, 7.48!

Bioshock worth 19.98??

Zhar, I saw some Bully's in Acworth yesterday but they had only dropped to 20.98. So they'll probably be down to 14.98 next week. I'll update then.

Dropped by the new Super Target in Alpharetta, behind the Fry's. Saw a couple of interesting things:

8 Wii Fits on an end cap (with a price tag for $150, but that was Rock Band, so it might be scaring people off)
About 10 Wiis or so in the cabinet
Bioshock 360 for $20 - several
Bully 360 and Wii for $20 and $15 respectively, I believe - a few of each
The Club 360 for $25 - at least 2

Tons of 1600 point cards, but good luck getting the cashier to activate them correctly. I tried to buy 4 and they totally messed it up by scanning the same one several times and then tried to back track. I didn't want to deal with the possibility that my points didn't work so I walked.

Didn't realize they'd built another Target up there by Fry's. Good to know. Maybe I'll slip up there tomorrow night and see if there's a copy of Bully for Wii left. It's been $35 at all the other Targets I've hit lately.

bread's done
Back