Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='Computersnacks']Thanks! I stay on the 75N side of things ITP. Work around the Cumberland Mall area and live off of Howell Mill (by the Felinis).[/quote]

For what outfit do you work for up around Cumberland? I wonder if we are in the same office :eek:

Edit: Just got back from Edgewood Target, scored 2 20gb 360 HDs for 25 each. If anyone needs one to pair with an arcade box, check ya Targets!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enron']For what outfit do you work for up around Cumberland? I wonder if we are in the same office :eek:

Edit: Just got back from Edgewood Target, scored 2 20gb 360 HDs for 25 each. If anyone needs one to pair with an arcade box, check ya Targets![/QUOTE]

I saw those today, but decided to pass... aready have one and they are cheap on the bay.

[quote name='neocisco']What kind of gun do you have?;)[/quote]

I don't get it?
Kennessaw has the mandatory gun law, I live ITP...

[quote name='Enron']For what outfit do you work for up around Cumberland? I wonder if we are in the same office :eek:

I work for a small consulting firm in the Galleria.

Hey Computersnacks! Welcome to the fold. I'm kind of like you. I live in Decatur but my office is off Akers Mill. Reverse commute FTW! ;)

Looks like the Cobb Pkwy TRU and Target will be even slimmer pickings now. ;)

I haven't seen any Ninja Gaiden and I've looked. I'll check on FF:Tactics:ds: I'll be heading up to Buckhead on my way out of town.

Heading to Florida for the rest of the month. Gotta see a guy about this tumor I think is in my head. If I see anything I'll post but then I'm gone.

[quote name='Wolfkin']Heading to Florida for the rest of the month. Gotta see a guy about this tumor I think is in my head. If I see anything I'll post but then I'm gone.[/quote]

Oh jeez....Entirely too many tumors around here lately. Hopefully it's nothing, man. Godspeed.

[quote name='Tybee']Hey Computersnacks! Welcome to the fold. I'm kind of like you. I live in Decatur but my office is off Akers Mill. Reverse commute FTW! ;)
[/QUOTE]

small world (city?), i live off akers mill.

i'm hoping against hope that some copies of nights will survive at the cobb target until the next price drop. still holding out for under $10!

[quote name='kristaia']small world (city?), i live off akers mill.

i'm hoping against hope that some copies of nights will survive at the cobb target until the next price drop. still holding out for under $10![/quote]
LOL, me too. It's sad but even at $12.98 I can't bite. There were about seven or eight when I checked Monday.

[quote name='Computersnacks']I don't get it?
Kennessaw has the mandatory gun law, I live ITP...

I work for a small consulting firm in the Galleria.[/quote]

Heh. My sister works at an office over there. I work down the street in the big ugly brown office building across the street from the Don Pablo's.

I just got done making a run at the cobb parkway target: there's a stack of Nights still there! Id say the odds of one surviving is pretty high, kristaia.

Hah. That makes 4 of us that live/work around akers mill. Reverse Commuters' Club gogogogo

[quote name='h3llbring3r']LOL, me too. It's sad but even at $12.98 I can't bite. There were about seven or eight when I checked Monday.[/QUOTE]

yeah, i was thinking about it pretty hard this drop, but i checked half.com and there were good copies going for $12 including shipping, so between that and my enormous backlog, i think i'm good with waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen Metroid Prime 3 for the Wii for $12.48 at Target. Looking to pick this up but my Target (Snellville) is slow on the markdowns.

[quote name='gsugator']Anyone seen Metroid Prime 3 for the Wii for $12.48 at Target. Looking to pick this up but my Target (Snellville) is slow on the markdowns.[/quote]

No, I have been watching that titles also.

Have you seen any one store with a lot in stock?

Any help here is appreciated guys.

at the recommendation of a coworker, cottongamer and i took a midday break and ran up to the howell mill walmart. forgotten by time, there is a cornucopia of goodness there. instead of taking notes i took photos:

8d08ebc1.jpg
28247c9b.jpg
274084cf.jpg
b6c38f3d.jpg
504a5fb0.jpg

(the blurred game was some world poker gba game..i think for $1)

highlights include Crackdown (x3), Pokemon Diamond (x6), PS3 Madden 07, MGS3, and Elite Beat all for $5. lots of $1 GBA games.

note that we took the last pokemon diamonds that had price tags on them. the ones there are not marked, but they should indeed be $5.

Oh fuck no. Its bad enough some of my coworkers know that I am an anime dork, but its REALLY hellish on the friday of AWA to go to lunch and see cosplaying jackasses everywhere. I get laughed at for a solid week at the office.

[quote name='kristaia']note that we took the last pokemon diamonds that had price tags on them. the ones there are not marked, but they should indeed be $5.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy that Metal Gear? Isn't that the hard-to-find version?

[quote name='El Gray']Did you buy that Metal Gear? Isn't that the hard-to-find version?[/quote]

That's Subsistence and it's an absolute steal at $5.

Anyone seen a copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 around town? I check the used stores near me (downtown) and no one has it. Any ideas?
Thanks

I hit the Atlantic Station Target today and saw a couple of Wii Bullys for 12.98, some Unreal Tournament PS3 for 19.98, one Lost Odyssey for 29.98, a copy of Blast Works Wii for 9.98, and a few other titles I don't really remember.

[quote name='iwasakabukiman']Anyone seen a copy of Metal Gear Solid 3 around town? I check the used stores near me (downtown) and no one has it. Any ideas?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

I've actually got an extra used copy I could let you have cheap, J. Remind me to bring it next week.

(or you could go to that Howell Wal-Mart and see if that copy is still there)

That MGS3 is gone from the HM Wal-Mart, along with everything else of interest (save a couple of Drill Dozers, which I already have doubles of). I got the last Pokemon for $5. There are only a few GBA titles, one Alex Rider, one Tony Hawk, and two football games, I believe.

[quote name='El Gray']I've actually got an extra used copy I could let you have cheap, J. Remind me to bring it next week.

(or you could go to that Howell Wal-Mart and see if that copy is still there)[/quote]

Thanks man, how much do you want? Hopefully I'll remember to remind you.

[quote name='El Gray']That MGS3 is gone from the HM Wal-Mart, along with everything else of interest (save a couple of Drill Dozers, which I already have doubles of). I got the last Pokemon for $5. There are only a few GBA titles, one Alex Rider, one Tony Hawk, and two football games, I believe.[/quote]

Any 360 stuff left?

[quote name='CottonGamer']Has anyone found a radioshack with the $97.99 DS Lites or the $224.99 20 gig xbox 360s? Its a massive YMMV but I was wondering if any Atlanta CAGers have found any luck.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=197307[/quote]

Cumberland Mall Radio Shack- only saw games on sale:

:ds: flash focus (still) 9.97
:ds: lego indiana jones 19.97
:psp: hot shots golf 19.97
:ps2: GH Aerosmith (game only) 39.97
:360: GH Aerosmith (game only) 50.97
:360: lego indiana jones 29.97
:360: GH3 Bundle 74.97
:ps3: Metal Gear Solid 4 50.97
:ps3: Rock Band Bundle 139.97

they had the white 360 controllers clearanced too, but nothing too drastic. i think they were $10 off...forgot to make a note of it :/

I was about to head out to Circuit City to pick up a game, but I had to fill up my gas tank first. One Problem- All of the gas stations around me are closed! Anyone know what's going on?

[quote name='iwasakabukiman']I was about to head out to Circuit City to pick up a game, but I had to fill up my gas tank first. One Problem- All of the gas stations around me are closed! Anyone know what's going on?[/quote]

Where are you? I know a lot of gas stations outside metro Atlanta are still having a hard time getting supplied after Ike.

I was up on roswell in sandy springs and every gas station I saw (including kroger) was out except for a shell that I think had one pump open because there was a long line. I think the exxon at the northside exit off 285 was in the same situation. Don't want to sit in line but I'm getting unconfortably low on gas... Any reports from the Smyrna/Marietta area?

So THAT'S why the Perimeter Mall Exxon was jam-packed today. I drove by and there were so many cars waiting in line that they were backed out onto Ashford-Dunwoody Road.

BP and Shell on Barrett Parkway were sold out (except for diesel) and Exxon was gouging at $4.40. I refuse to spend any $ at that store. They've been gouging ever since 9/11. I don't know if QT had any. I probably won't have a choice but to fill up tomorrow. I just have to find some petrol.

The QT at Briarcliff and Clifton appeared to have only top-grade gas left when I drove by earlier this evening (maybe 7pm). Wondering if they've sold out of that by now.

Its like that around here, too. Nearly every gas station I saw yesterday was out, except for that exxon across the street from perimeter mall that someone mentioned earlier. Glad I filled up last week!

Saw a whole mess of Unreal Tournaments for PS3 at the Perimeter Target at just under 20 bucks. There were also 3 copies of Viking for 360 at that price.

[quote name='Mr. Wiggly']Saw a whole mess of Unreal Tournaments for PS3 at the Perimeter Target at just under 20 bucks. There were also 3 copies of Viking for 360 at that price.[/quote]

Really? Did you see how long they were going to be on sale for?

[quote name='iwasakabukiman']Really? Did you see how long they were going to be on sale for?[/QUOTE]

Those would be clearance prices. They'll be there 'til they sell out. Check the Target Clearance Thread in the main deals forum for an idea of which games are showing up on clearance at Targets.

Gas is also hard to come by up here in Kennesaw. Bought some Super at the Wal-Mart on 41 at the Kennesaw/Acworth border (3.95/gallon).

Saw some No More Heroes & Alien Syndrome for the Wii at the BB in Acworth for $10 - they're on a cart near the video game/dvd sections.

Hey guys my MDS Jeep needs mid-grade or better HAS ANYONE SEEN PLUS? ANY WHERE? I have about 75 miles left and am about to be screwed.

I can find regular gas easily but mid-plus is impossible to find. In fact a guy at the QT told me they have been double tanking regular.

HELP!

chevron at cobb and 285 is stocked up. Regular is 3.85. QT in vinings had gas at 3.97 but i think it was starting to run out. the chevron at atlanta rd and paces ferry is charging your soul + 4.37 for regular. that was the only one that didn't have a line :p

Word is a lot of the gas stations around here are refusing to buy gas from their suppliers because of how expensive they are. That's what's going on at quiktrip anyway.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Word is a lot of the gas stations around here are refusing to buy gas from their suppliers because of how expensive they are. That's what's going on at quiktrip anyway.[/QUOTE]

I heard on the news this morning that Georgia (or perhaps Atlanta) requires a specific gasoline mix that includes something to lower sulfur emissions. This mix requirement is being blamed for the low supply here. The gas companies are lobbying local gov't to relax the restrictions so that regular gasoline can be shipped in.
I know no other details!

http://www.ajc.com/money/content/business/stories/2008/09/21/atlanta_gas_pumps_low.html

surprisingly, the AJC has a decent article summarizing the situation.

Also, if any Atlanta CAG is looking for Star Wars the Force Unleashed for the 360, I picked it up used with the GS coupon. I have no interest, but since they're somewhat rare right now (used at least), I picked one up on someone's behalf. Cost + shipping + small compensation for time/gas gets it.

soooo bad news on NiGHTs at cobb target..

i sent my fiance up there hoping it would have dropped, but deciding to get it anyway since i'd probably spend the difference in gas checking up on it. he went to check out and, despite ALL of them being marked with 12.48 stickers, it rang up 14.99. he protested the "it's the wrong sticker" claim they love to make, and showed the woman that all of the games were marked this way. she radioed someone and started taking all the stickers off. she rang it up for him at the sticker price, but i guess it's getting moved to the 'cheap' games isle instead of clearance. :/ maybe it'll drop again... sorry guys.

bread's done
Back