Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Also, I checked out that new Sandy Springs Prado Target. Nothing too crazy, I think they had a copy of Pure (PS3) for $41.98. I also remember they had a bunch of copies of a good PS3 game that I already owned for $14.98...I can't recall what it was, though. MLB '08 The Show maybe? I can tell you that it wasn't Unreal Tournament III.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I would love Fry's if each one wasn't exactly 30 miles from my house. In stop and go traffic, that's three gallons of gas for a trip there and back.
Right now that's not to bad, but still far enough to make a $10 savings not worth it. When I can I do drop buy for those $2.99 HD-DVDs (I wish I knew which ones were slashed and what days). So far I have Pulse, Clerks II and Feast at that price.[/quote]

Heh. Same here. I live in Va-Highland and each store is a 30 mile haul for me too. But if you can get a nice deal on a TV, its worth it.

[quote name='Enron']Heh. Same here. I live in Va-Highland and each store is a 30 mile haul for me too. But if you can get a nice deal on a TV, its worth it.[/QUOTE]

I can relate. I live in Alpharetta so when there was only one in Gwinnett, a video game deal wouldn't typically be worth it. Now I can practically walk to one so I'm there once a week.

[quote name='Felder71']I can relate. I live in Alpharetta so when there was only one in Gwinnett, a video game deal wouldn't typically be worth it. Now I can practically walk to one so I'm there once a week.[/quote]
That new one had a TON of clearanced HD-DVDs for sale- That's where I picked up my last bunch.

[quote name='Felder71']Did you try Fry's? Here's my thing with TVs and Amazon...if it's 27" or bigger, they will not take it back, even it has a defect. You have to deal with the manufacturer. They are somewhat flexible on this (shipping damage, some other issues), but you can't just return it if you decide you don't like it. Getting my new TV locally at Fry's cost me $120 over Amazon but after a week, I decided it wasn't the right fit for me and I got different one that worked out better and it was no problem. You'll notice flaws on a TV in your living room that you'll never see in a show room and it's hard to tell if it works until to have it set up for a few days. Just playing devil's advocate...I'm sure plenty of people get TVs from Amazon without issue, but I couldn't take that chance with such an expensive item. Still, $630 less is a ridiculous discount...I'd have to think someone locally would get closer.[/quote]

Kind of agree here. I'd be wary of buying a large LCD HDTV online. They can have dead/stuck pixel issues, and it's MUCH easier to do a swap at at B&M than it is with an online store, even Amazon (which has some pretty stringent requirements before they'll authorize a return).

I like the idea of taking the printout to the store and saying, "Look, I don't expect to get this price, but maybe we can meet in the middle."

Hmmm...Should I keep watching the Georgia-Florida game or stick hot needles in my eyes? Decisions, decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Tybee']

Hmmm...Should I keep watching the Georgia-Florida game or stick hot needles in my eyes? Decisions, decisions.[/quote]

I hope horrible, horrible things happen to Willie Martinez.

I am SO done with college football this year.

So with Circuit City closing 155 stores, I went on their site and checked the store locator. Only Rome, GA showed up...hoping it's some sort of a glitch with their site, otherwise, we'll all be screwed on their clearance games. Neocisco, any word if they are closing a bunch of stores in the area?

Time to expand that imagination. CC is closing all stores in Atlanta. Like Mitch pointed out, Rome will be the closest location left open (I don't know about Macon yet). Liquidation companies are taking over the selloff so expect great sales like 20% off MSRP.:roll: I skipped the meeting this morning so it will be tomorrow before I can post more details. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

BTW, who's hiring?:)

[quote name='neocisco']Time to expand that imagination. CC is closing all stores in Atlanta. Like Mitch pointed out, Rome will be the closest location left open (I don't know about Macon yet). Liquidation companies are taking over the selloff so expect great sales like 20% off MSRP.:roll: I skipped the meeting this morning so it will be tomorrow before I can post more details. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

BTW, who's hiring?:)[/QUOTE]

Holy shit.

Do you know if Carmax is going to be affected? Have a good friend who runs the legal dept up at Barrett.

They're no longer affiliated with CC so this won't affect them (except to give the Kennesaw store a lot of extra parking space next year).

Dang, no more Circuit City? To be fair, that place was always so poorly run whenever I shopped there and the only reason I kept coming back was the discounts on games and gift cards, especially the online discounts. That AAA discount has seen a lot of good uses. And they would always mess things up there for me and I'd get a $24 gift card so it was hard to be too mad. I'll be a little sad to see them go, but not surprised in the least, and now that Fry's is in ATL, it really won't bother me.

Anyway, I finally found some Pure 360s on clearance for $41.92 at the Perimeter Super Target. There are about 7 left. Also saw one $125 120 GB HD for 360, Lego Indiana Jones 360 for $35, and most of the other regular Target stuff.

Can't say I am surprised by all ATL Circuit City stores closing. Sucks for the employees. Neocisco when you start looking for a new job let us all know what you are looking for and maybe ATL Cags might be able to help you at.

The xbox 360 racing wheel went on clearance this week at target 30% off. Might be worth keep an eye on that.

[quote name='neocisco']Time to expand that imagination. CC is closing all stores in Atlanta. Like Mitch pointed out, Rome will be the closest location left open (I don't know about Macon yet). Liquidation companies are taking over the selloff so expect great sales like 20% off MSRP.:roll: I skipped the meeting this morning so it will be tomorrow before I can post more details. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

BTW, who's hiring?:)[/quote]

Wow! I've always felt that any type of competition is good for the consumer so this sucks for the metro area. Hopefully, some better deals come out of it.
Any details will be appreciated. Hope you manage to land on your feet employment-wise Neo. As kj said, maybe an ATL CAG can help out.

EDIT: For the Bulldog fans that wanna' give up on NCAA football...have you noticed my pic?
Last time U of M had a losing season I was over a decade away from being born! Don't give up yet.:)

The closing of Circuit stores in ATL is sad as I used to work there and have many friends who got killed off today because they were all techs. Oh well, can't say I didn't see it coming.

It's a good thing I'm not a diehard UGA fan or I would have killed myself this weekend with all of the bad news.:lol:

EDIT: It looks like gift cards won't be accepted after Monday. I believe that the affected stores will be closed on Tuesday for retagging and will reopen on Wednesday run by liquidators. GC's can probably still be used on the website but if you want to use them up now be sure to get in your store Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll try to scout the Northpoint store tonight to see how things look. That's probably all I can swing before they close tonight.

ah jeez, I got the 15 dollar gift card for LBP, are they still open today? as in Mon Nov 3? I would imagine that shipping from their site would blow the discount.
ok, sorry freaked out without reading, thanks neocisco, looks like I'm going shopping tonight (sigh, too many games to play already)

Neocisco thanks for the reminder on gift cards. I have one sitting in my car form a year ago. Looks like I will be stopping to get batteries on the way home if nothing else...

This is crazy, even that new store they just built at Cumberland?
Where am I going to buy all those crappy 360/wii/PS3 games for under $14 ? ?

well i'll be going tonight to try and use my gift card. if i can't find anything looks like one of the stores in dallas tx is staying open and i'll be there for thanksgiving.

thanks for the heads up on the world ending -_-

[quote name='h3llbring3r']This is crazy, even that new store they just built at Cumberland?
Where am I going to buy all those crappy 360/wii/PS3 games for under $14 ? ?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's a brand new The CITY store up in Cumming at the fancy shopping center there. Sucks to be them. Maybe I can check that location out tonight.

[quote name='neocisco']

BTW, who's hiring?:)[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is. There's a ton of jobs posted on the website.

Not sure if you wanted to stay in retail or not. I just applied for a couple of jobs today, since my career path seems to not want to start.

Might want to hit the Labor office on Big Shanty as well. See you there. ;)

[quote name='El Gray']UPS usually hires a lot of holiday help. That'll be happening soon, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind.

I just wish people wouldn't be so hung up on experience and give some new people a try. North Fulton has had a job posted for months, but won't give me the time of day.

what the heck man.. CC is gonna liquidate and I'm not in town to take advantage.. ARG. Well hopefully some of you guys can take a decent advantage in my stead.

[quote name='Wolfkin']what the heck man.. CC is gonna liquidate and I'm not in town to take advantage.. ARG. Well hopefully some of you guys can take a decent advantage in my stead.[/quote]

If it's one of those liquidation services then it will be incremental (dropping 10% extra each week).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']If it's one of those liquidation services then it will be incremental (dropping 10% extra each week).[/QUOTE]

yeah, linens and things has been liquidating for several weeks now and they're just now to "up to 40%" off. from talking to an employee there she said they want to be cleared out by december 24th, but that they'd need to do a lot better deals than they are now to make that happen. might see the same thing with cc.

Liquidations take forever. Just look at when it was done by Compusa, KMart, etc. And the good stuff never lasts. Everything seems to be marked up 20% and then marked down and then people who don't know better think they get a great deal @ 30% off.

This really sux. I've always really liked CC and I hate that they are closing every store in the city. You would think they would just cut back the number of stores in an area and not vacate the ninth largest market. Hopefully, CC rebounds and comes back, but I doubt it. I hate that there's getting to be less and less competition, too.

I really hate it for you Neo, I know it sux working for someplace that closes. At least you knew a little bit ahead of time. I once showed to my job to find it locked shut and my fellow employees standing around scratching their heads. And our last paychecks all bounced. Anyway, good luck in the job hunt. You at least get any severance to ease the transition?

All sales final at a electronics store. If I stop by during the liquidation sale I know I will stay clear of quite a bit of the merchandise...

Liquidations are always hit or miss. Back in the day Richway closing was probably my best scores.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Maybe some of you guys would apply at the Cumberland BB; I swear those guys who work there have extra-chromosomes or something.[/quote]

No kidding. Especially that one blond guy that always yells out HEY CAN I HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING every five F'n seconds im in that store. I absolutely hate that guy.

There was one really CUTE girl that was working there back when the psp launched that would walk around with the psp in her back pocket showing it off to people, but that's about the only employee i have ever seen there that didn't look or sound like they just stepped off the short bus.

UPDATE:

Gift cards WILL be accepted after Monday, 11/3.

All stores will be closed Tuesday, 11/4 to allow for the retagging and repricing of all merchandise and will reopen Wednesday, 11/5.

Return policies will be honored on all purchases made through Monday, 11/3 (meaning you will have 14 or 30 days from the original purchase date, depending on the item, to make a return).

Any purchases made on Wednesday, 11/5 and after are final (this is when the liquidators take over).

[quote name='jdawgg76']Liquidations take forever. Just look at when it was done by Compusa, KMart, etc. And the good stuff never lasts. Everything seems to be marked up 20% and then marked down and then people who don't know better think they get a great deal @ 30% off.

This really sux. I've always really liked CC and I hate that they are closing every store in the city. You would think they would just cut back the number of stores in an area and not vacate the ninth largest market. Hopefully, CC rebounds and comes back, but I doubt it. I hate that there's getting to be less and less competition, too.

I really hate it for you Neo, I know it sux working for someplace that closes. At least you knew a little bit ahead of time. I once showed to my job to find it locked shut and my fellow employees standing around scratching their heads. And our last paychecks all bounced. Anyway, good luck in the job hunt. You at least get any severance to ease the transition?[/quote]

They said on the news that CC was totally vacating the Atlanta and Pheonix markets, closing 20% of the stores overall. Unfortunate for us I guess.

Has anyone seen Gears of War Refresh for $28/29 at target around cobb, sydney marcus, buckhead, or anywhere? Stopped by the Atlantic station target and it was 39 (no price drop). They had a couple of wii's and wii fit at around 8pm. They also had one facebreaker for the ps3 for $20/15 (sorry wasn't paying close attention) as well as Pure for Ps3 for 20 some odd dollars (2 or 3 of them behind glass on the bottom)

$125 120 gb hard drive for the 360 at Dallas Hwy. MLB The Show for PS3 down to $29.98 there as well but I'm waiting for it to drop to 14.98 if not lower. Also were a few Wiis and Wii fits there.

I'll have to check out the Perimeter store. Man, that stretch of road is like a consumer electronics graveyard, with both the CompUSA and Circuit City going down the tubes in the last year or so.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']MLB 08 for $15 at Barrett. Pure for $30.

Not much else to note. Although I thought I saw that Gears refresh for that $29 price.[/quote]
Did they have the 360 version of pure there?
All I can find is PS3 at Johnsons Ferry and the other one near there.

[quote name='chuckie88']EDIT: For the Bulldog fans that wanna' give up on NCAA football...have you noticed my pic?
Last time U of M had a losing season I was over a decade away from being born! Don't give up yet.:)[/quote]

QFT ... I mean, we're clearly out of the BCS picture, but we'll likely win out the rest of our games and go to a more than respectable bowl. It could be a lot worse. Would you rather be, say, Tennessee? But fuck Alabama and fuck fuck fuck Tebow and Florida. I hope they break each others' legs.

Gators wear jean shorts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7BZI_ROwMo

[quote name='neocisco']EDIT: It looks like gift cards won't be accepted after Monday. I believe that the affected stores will be closed on Tuesday for retagging and will reopen on Wednesday run by liquidators. GC's can probably still be used on the website but if you want to use them up now be sure to get in your store Monday.[/quote]

Had a $10 gc to burn (got it way back with GTA4) so we swung by the Cumberland store last night and found a copy of Beautiful Katamari that I got for $10 (never was able to find it at TRU). So I was happy.

Sorry to see CC go. They pissed me off as often as not, but more competition is always a good thing. Hope some chain eventually moves in to fill that niche.

Damn, Neo. If you're in sales, I could see if I could get you into AT&T if you want.

Sucks about CC. I used to work there. They've been going down the wrong path for a while now.

Went to Edgewood Target. Picked up Conan out of the bargain bin for $10. I didn't look around too much (sorry guys). The only other PS3 game I saw was Fantastic Four. I did not see the Simpson's game or I would've picked it up too.

There were a whole lot of PS2 games (March Madness 07, MVP07 NCAA). Not a lot of 360 games--there was a Harry Potter game.

bread's done
Back