Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Thanks for the heads up. I was the bouncer today, standing outside and telling everyone we were closed. A woman comes up and was talking about how her husband is looking to hire some people. She suddenly decided to call her husband on her cell and hands me the phone to talk to him. I finally brush him off and she gives me one of his cards. What's the company? Primerica. The whole thing just came off to me as slick and shady. Who in their right mind, with no experience, would want to get in the home mortgage business right now? Thanks, buh-bye.

I'm sorry to hear about everyone's job issues. I'd think that a lot of retail places are ready to open the floodgates for the holiday season but I'm not sure how many get kept afterwards. What kind of experience do you all have? Are you looking for jobs with bachelor degrees or just something to keep you occupied in high school or college? I don't have an idea of everyone's age. The company I work for, Radiant Systems, has some technical, sales, and marketing jobs open in the Alpharetta area (GA 400 Exit 10). We do electronic cash registers and back office software at places like gas stations, fast food restaurants, and movie theatres. You've likely seen our self service terminals there before. I've been there more than 5 years and love the job and the people I work with. If any of that interests you, you can check out the web site at www.radiantsystems.com. Just offering a little help.

Felder

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CocheseUGA']The only thing I've heard back is from those creepy Primerica people.[/QUOTE]

They tried getting me 2 years ago. They just wouldn't take no for an answer. My logic was if they're trying this hard just to get me to say yes at the interview, I can't imagine how hard they are gong to expect me to push people to buy some products.

Ironically, I ended up working for one of their competitors (New York Life).

I checked out North Point CC during lunch for "deals". As expected, nothing special - 10% all games and accessories but most older games had bad prices anyway and you can get most newer games for the same price. 20% CDs and DVDs but everything is back to "normal" pricing so 20% off $15 CDs and $20 DVDs sucks. As expected, no discount on iPods or else I would have gone for a new 32GB touch. I guess I'm probably better off with Amazon anyway. I will say that I've never seen CC so busy before. R.I.P. CC.

[quote name='Felder71']I checked out North Point CC during lunch for "deals". As expected, nothing special - 10% all games and accessories but most older games had bad prices anyway and you can get most newer games for the same price. 20% CDs and DVDs but everything is back to "normal" pricing so 20% off $15 CDs and $20 DVDs sucks. As expected, no discount on iPods or else I would have gone for a new 32GB touch. I guess I'm probably better off with Amazon anyway. I will say that I've never seen CC so busy before. R.I.P. CC.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I was there, too! Yeah, nothing too exciting. They still have a decent assortment in the two carts of clearance games, though, so you could find a couple of worthy buys there.

MSRP for DVDs is ridiculous. $22 for a DVD of Baby Mama? Yes, sure, I'll be paying that without hesitation...

stopped by acworth & barret maybe once it gets to 30-40% off msrp well have some bargins but right now there own normal ad is better on some things

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Damn, that's where I found my 60GB this year.

Shame. Now I can't think of a Kmart nearby.[/quote]

Isn't there one on Cobb Parkway in/near Smyrna?

[quote name='neocisco']Isn't there one on Cobb Parkway in/near Smyrna?[/QUOTE]

Possibly. I don't venture down there very often. Alpha is my destination of choice when I'm not kicking it here. North Point, Fry's...

Let me know if you want to hit up the Labor Dept. I went in today, but I didn't fill anything out.

[quote name='neocisco']Isn't there one on Cobb Parkway in/near Smyrna?[/quote]

Yep and truthfully it needed to be closed. I stopped in a few times when I had a client down there a few years back. The store rarely applied the clearance markdowns and they always had a shitload of ancient full price games.

Douglasville Kmart always was good for quite a bit of $2 clearance games since they had a 53 inch big screen blocking the game aisle all the time. Basically they didn't have enough electronics space in the assigned section and expanded a extra aisle. The tv blocked the aisle and it was like a maze to get to the games.

[quote name='neocisco']Isn't there one on Cobb Parkway in/near Smyrna?[/quote]

That's the store they're talking about. And I agree, good riddance. The place was a shithole. Amazed it stayed open this long given how badly it was run. It was dark and poorly organized, the shelves were a mess with stuff often scattered all over the floor and covered with dust and grime.

It was useful as an illustration of what shopping in Russia must be like.

[quote name='Tybee']That's the store they're talking about. And I agree, good riddance. The place was a shithole. Amazed it stayed open this long given how badly it was run. It was dark and poorly organized, the shelves were a mess with stuff often scattered all over the floor and covered with dust and grime.

It was useful as an illustration of what shopping in Russia must be like.[/QUOTE]

The store that's closing isn't anywhere near Smyrna. It's two blocks from Marietta Square.

When I went in there earlier this year, it wasn't that bad. Not nearly as bad as ones I've seen elsewhere.

[quote name='Tybee'] But fuck Alabama and fuck fuck fuck Tebow and Florida. I hope they break each others' legs.
[/quote]

Well the puppies didn't break any legs in either of those games did they. I think Meyer just called another timeout.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']The store that's closing isn't anywhere near Smyrna. It's two blocks from Marietta Square.

When I went in there earlier this year, it wasn't that bad. Not nearly as bad as ones I've seen elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

it's kind of on the edge of smyrna and marietta. it's the one across from the big chicken. that's where i found tales of the abyss on semi-clearance a while ago. i'll have to go back this weekend and see if i can find anything worth while.

just had some fun during my lunch break up in norcross/gwinnett area. circuit city off steve reynolds blvd is having its store closing sale, everything 10-30% off (well the computers are like 5% off)... video games 10% off, dvds/bluray 20% off, most tvs 10% off... too bad circuit city prices are ridiculous to begin with.

also hit up the wal-mart off pleasant hill near where steve reynolds hits it.. rummaged through their 50% off games case (PS3 games): Orange Box $15, Folklore $15, Heavenly Sword $30 (still?!), and tons of copies of Oblivion, Spider-Man 3, NBA 08, and other such games. Did not see any copies of Virtua Fighter 5 which had been mentioned as going for $5.

Snagged Orange Box, and picked up Resistance 2 at BB for $35 after using my rewards zone certificates.. so $50 for the pair makes a successful lunch break!

[quote name='Fatbot3']Anyone go to the Buckhead CC? Have they upped the discount yet and do they give the 1600 points card with Gears?[/QUOTE]

I went last night, and they have the same sale signage as other local stores. 10% off video games. Decent array of stuff in their three clearance bins. I saw one copy of Harvey Birdman for Wii, and one or two Tony Hawk's Proving Grounds for Wii, among others.

Didn't check on the Gears promotion. I'm sure you could call and get that answer.

[quote name='Fatbot3']Anyone go to the Buckhead CC? Have they upped the discount yet and do they give the 1600 points card with Gears?[/quote]I highly doubt it since they are no longer honoring ads from what I understand. I wonder if they even have Gears 2 at closing stores. Has anyone noticed if a lot os stuff got shipped off? It seemed a little thinner the first day of liquidation and the day before. I know Compusa shipped off a bunch of good stuff like iPods and Macbooks, some tvs and other high end stuff and then of course we had no shot at the good stuff when the rest of the chain closed unless we went to Knoxville. The discounts probably will not go up for a week or so at a time and ramp up at the end a la mediaplay and compusa and kmart.

A guy at the Duluth CC told me that December 3rd would be the absolute final day although if they get rid of everything before then they would obviously close earlier. When I was there there were NO signs indicating the discounts, only a billion 10-30% off everything! signs so thanks for posting the %s. I'm surprised CC didn't hold out through christmas before closing these stores although I'm sure the liquidators are happy as stuff will get snapped up faster in the holiday shopping rush.

Stopped at the Howell Mill Walmart Supercenter and saw that they had about 8 Pokemon Diamonds behind the glass still for $5. They also had pokemon rancher something for $5. But the super cheap game award goes to Sonic Rush (ds) for a dollar (Aisle across from the DS and Wii cases). Picked up one, 7 remain.

[quote name='smokedphish']also hit up the wal-mart off pleasant hill near where steve reynolds hits it.. rummaged through their 50% off games case (PS3 games): Orange Box $15, Folklore $15, Heavenly Sword $30 (still?!), and tons of copies of Oblivion, Spider-Man 3, NBA 08, and other such games. Did not see any copies of Virtua Fighter 5 which had been mentioned as going for $5.[/quote]

Any 360 clearance there?

I hit the two Decatur Hollywood Videos today for the $4 last-gen sale. Not too much to be found. The northern store would have been great three days ago, but the guy told me he'd already had dudes make purchases in the $100-200 range, so most of the good stuff was gone. I got a few worthwhile games, at least.

The southernmost store, down on Candler, didn't have much at all. One cardboard bin of mostly XBX games. If anyone's looking for a last-gen title for $4, ask me, and I'll tell you if I remember seeing it at either store.

Then, I went to Ann's Snack Bar, and ate myself into a stupor. Burgerlicious!

[quote name='El Gray']I hit the two Decatur Hollywood Videos today for the $4 last-gen sale. Not too much to be found. The northern store would have been great three days ago, but the guy told me he'd already had dudes make purchases in the $100-200 range, so most of the good stuff was gone. I got a few worthwhile games, at least.

The southernmost store, down on Candler, didn't have much at all. One cardboard bin of mostly XBX games. If anyone's looking for a last-gen title for $4, ask me, and I'll tell you if I remember seeing it at either store.

Then, I went to Ann's Snack Bar, and ate myself into a stupor. Burgerlicious![/quote]

Ann rules.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Any 360 clearance there?[/QUOTE]
yeah there was plenty of 360 games half off, and a ton in the "$20 or less" bin. i dont much remember the titles though.. if you have any in mind, i can check for you no problem

[quote name='smokedphish']yeah there was plenty of 360 games half off, and a ton in the "$20 or less" bin. i dont much remember the titles though.. if you have any in mind, i can check for you no problem[/quote]

I'm looking for almost anything. Nothing in particular, but if you happen to wonder by there and have some time could you possibly write down a few of the 360 titles?

Picked up Gears of War 1 refresh at the Buckhead Target for 19.98. I believe there is only one more left. Didn't feel like risking the next price drop. I believe they still had contra 4 (ds) for $5 and one house of the dead 2/3 (wii) for $12 but that was before today's clearances took effect.

[quote name='CottonGamer']Picked up Gears of War 1 refresh at the Buckhead Target for 19.98. I believe there is only one more left. Didn't feel like risking the next price drop. I believe they still had contra 4 (ds) for $5 and one house of the dead 2/3 (wii) for $12 but that was before today's clearances took effect.[/QUOTE]

Nice-- I might go by and try to see if that HOTD is there and cheaper now. Thanks for the intel.

Anyone checked out a CCity today?

[quote name='CottonGamer']Picked up Gears of War 1 refresh at the Buckhead Target for 19.98. I believe there is only one more left. Didn't feel like risking the next price drop. I believe they still had contra 4 (ds) for $5 and one house of the dead 2/3 (wii) for $12 but that was before today's clearances took effect.[/quote]

Wow, it's $29 over here. Barrett Pkwy had lots of stuff pulled but the prices were all $41 and $34 so I didn't buy anything.

[quote name='CottonGamer']Picked up Gears of War 1 refresh at the Buckhead Target for 19.98. I believe there is only one more left. Didn't feel like risking the next price drop. I believe they still had contra 4 (ds) for $5 and one house of the dead 2/3 (wii) for $12 but that was before today's clearances took effect.[/quote]

Any of the other 360 games/items drop there?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Any of the other 360 games/items drop there?[/quote]
No, it was all stuff from the previous drop: Facebraker, Pure . . .etc.

[quote name='El Gray']Anyone checked out a CCity today?[/QUOTE]

Just got back from the Cobb Pkwy one. Haven't been there since the liquidation started...so sad. Still only "up to 20% off". Only thing that stuck out was that they have some preplayed stuff that appears to be 20% off. NiGHTS (wii) 12.99, Halo 3 collectors edition 49.99 (those are marked prices, w/o the 20%). LOTS of various versions and packages of Guitar Heros and Rock Bands. If those last you might be able to nab some good deals. Saw 1 month, 3 month, and the 12 month box XBL subscriptions at 10% off. Regular games still 10% off.

Also, had dinner at the new greek place across the street. I think it's called Mykonos...it's the big glaring bright place where Johnny Rockets used to be. The atmosphere is kinda waffle house, but the food is really good. plus they're open 24 hours friday and saturday, so i'm hoping they do well!

[quote name='kristaia']Just got back from the Cobb Pkwy one. Haven't been there since the liquidation started...so sad. Still only "up to 20% off". Only thing that stuck out was that they have some preplayed stuff that appears to be 20% off. NiGHTS (wii) 12.99, Halo 3 collectors edition 49.99 (those are marked prices, w/o the 20%). LOTS of various versions and packages of Guitar Heros and Rock Bands. If those last you might be able to nab some good deals. Saw 1 month, 3 month, and the 12 month box XBL subscriptions at 10% off. Regular games still 10% off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Same situation exactly in the Buckhead store tonight. I didn't know they carried used games in GA at all, but there they were. Looked like not much had moved since last week.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Milton Target had three 360 wheels for $50.

Now they have two. :D[/quote]

Damn it, it's almost close enough to justify it!

Target stores are clearing out their various wireless PS2 controllers. They had some down to 50% off at the SydMar store last night. I got the last one of those sweet looking Logitech ones for $15. They still have several NERF ones for 15, and a few of the first-party wireless Dual Shocks for $18, along with a couple other varieties.

Many of these are also on clearance at the Buckhead store, but those were only 30% off Tuesday night.

Civ Revs, Ninja Gaiden II and PURE for 360 are $30 at both of these stores, among other things.

I don't have details since I'm off but some if not all CC stores raised the percentage off today. Games, I think, are just 15% while a lot of other categories went to 20%.

I remember checking out CompUSSR several times in Augusta during the closing.

After one trip into CC, I know I don't have to go back. That's sad.

The Barrett Parkway Target moved their video game stock around, and the clearance end cap is over flowing with titles for every system. I nearly bought Silent Hill and Ratchet and Clank (both PS3) for $40 each, but resisted. Definitely worth taking a look if you're nearby.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I remember checking out CompUSSR several times in Augusta during the closing.

After one trip into CC, I know I don't have to go back. That's sad.[/quote]

I chuckled.

was at the cobb pkwy target earlier..nothing to report. no console games whatsoever on the clearance end cap.

the cc signs on the side of the road now say up to 30% off but i didn't actually go in.

bread's done
Back