Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='El Gray']I hit the two Decatur Hollywood Videos today for the $4 last-gen sale. Not too much to be found. The northern store would have been great three days ago, but the guy told me he'd already had dudes make purchases in the $100-200 range, so most of the good stuff was gone. I got a few worthwhile games, at least.

The southernmost store, down on Candler, didn't have much at all. One cardboard bin of mostly XBX games. If anyone's looking for a last-gen title for $4, ask me, and I'll tell you if I remember seeing it at either store.

Then, I went to Ann's Snack Bar, and ate myself into a stupor. Burgerlicious![/quote]

YOU'RE THE ONE WHO TOOK THE REST OF THE GOOD STUFF! DAMN YOU..well i still managed to grab Disc only Okami (PS2), Monster Rancher 4 (PS2), SW BF II (Xbox), and American Idol Karaoke Revolution w/Mic all for $3.99 :whistle2:D So i was happy

[quote name='animemaniac14']YOU'RE THE ONE WHO TOOK THE REST OF THE GOOD STUFF! DAMN YOU..well i still managed to grab Disc only Okami (PS2), Monster Rancher 4 (PS2), SW BF II (Xbox), and American Idol Karaoke Revolution w/Mic all for $3.99 :whistle2:D So i was happy[/QUOTE]

No, like I said, some other guys TOTALLY cleaned the place out before I even got there. I was pleased with a couple of my finds, though. Where did you find Okami? Can't believe I missed that... maybe they put it out after my visit. Nice get.

I got:
PS2: Star Ocean, Area 51 (starring David Duchovny, Marilyn Manson and POWERS BOOTHE HELL YES), Dirge of Cerberus, Destroy All Humans, Dragon Quest VIII, Metal Slug 4/5, Rogue Galaxy

GC: Zelda 4Swords, Godzilla: Super Awesome Monster Battel Ultra Mega FIGHT!

ye Okami was hiding way down at the bottom out of alphabetical order..i was surprised to find it too (and it was disc only)..and i found American Idol w/mic at the end cap with the PS3 games. I would've gotten DQVIII but i got enough games to play at the moment :whistle2:D have you visited any of the other HWVs?

There are very few left in town. I hit the one in DEC, and the one in E. Atlanta on Candler (That's where I got Area 51 and Dirge and the GC games). Not much there. I haven't hiked up to Cumming or Woodstock. I don't really know of any others besides those four. I haven't tried the Movie Gallery out near Smyrna yet.

Tell me if there are any particular games you're looking for and I'll check the Woodstock location (Hwy. 5) tonight and let you know.

I'd really like to give Mercs 2 a try for $4 (I would actually play it!), or LEGO Batman, or Okami (all for PS2).

Thanks for the offer!

Been hitting the ones in Acworth and on Dallas Hwy. If they had many good games, they were cleaned out before I got there. Will continue to check but the only decent scores I made were (disc only) Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 for the XBOX and Magna Carta for the PS2.

[quote name='El Gray']I'd really like to give Mercs 2 a try for $4 (I would actually play it!), or LEGO Batman, or Okami (all for PS2).

Thanks for the offer![/quote]

I didn't have a chance tonight but I'll make it a point to get by tomorrow.

Anyone seen the current round of 360 games drop to 75% yet? There's one person in the main Target forum who *claims* they purchased some out west somewhere for 75% off, but I have yet to see a second conformation.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyone seen the current round of 360 games drop to 75% yet? There's one person in the main Target forum who *claims* they purchased some out west somewhere for 75% off, but I have yet to see a second conformation.[/quote]
Not me, a few dropped to $29 & $24 today. I saw a wheel today but it was for $69 and the box was hammered.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Not me, a few dropped to $29 & $24 today. I saw a wheel today but it was for $69 and the box was hammered.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there was one wheel left at Edgewood Sunday night, also at $69 (dude).

austell rd target has a stack of fftactics psp (greatest hits) for 10 and kirby squeak squad for 20. A ton of dmc4 (360) still 42 and civilization (360) for 30.

[quote name='El Gray']Yeah, there was one wheel left at Edgewood Sunday night, also at $69 (dude).[/quote]

49.99 now. I thought about picking it up, but passed. I can never get into racing games.

Saw some 160gb PS3 Uncharted bundles @ the Targets on Dallas Hwy and Barrett Pkwy. $500. I really can't see these selling well in this economy.

best buy has stacks of those uncharted bundles. Also, there were literally stacks of wiis in the middle of the floor at the cobb parkway location and mountains of them at the service desk at Edgewood.

[quote name='El Gray']No, like I said, some other guys TOTALLY cleaned the place out before I even got there. I was pleased with a couple of my finds, though. Where did you find Okami? Can't believe I missed that... maybe they put it out after my visit. Nice get.

I got:
PS2: Star Ocean, Area 51 (starring David Duchovny, Marilyn Manson and POWERS BOOTHE HELL YES), Dirge of Cerberus, Destroy All Humans, Dragon Quest VIII, Metal Slug 4/5, Rogue Galaxy

GC: Zelda 4Swords, Godzilla: Super Awesome Monster Battel Ultra Mega FIGHT![/quote]

Crap. I looked at both of the Decatur ones and didn't see that Rogue Galaxy. Got the Star Ocean and Dragon Quest VIII, though...plus a Call Of Chutulu, Fight Night Round 3, SW BF 2, Republic Commando, Call Of Duty 3 and some other stuff. Couldn't find a decent looking Destroy All Humans, though...they were all scratched to hell and back. :bomb:

[quote name='mitch079']Saw some 160gb PS3 Uncharted bundles @ the Targets on Dallas Hwy and Barrett Pkwy. $500. I really can't see these selling well in this economy.[/quote]

According to Newegg.com the price difference between a 80GB and 160GB HD is only $5-$10. Taking this into account and the cost of Uncharted ($60) and PAIN! ($10), Sony is charging you $30 for the drive upgrade.

Unless this is exactly the bundle you want, you are better off buying the basic 80GB system, and purchasing your game of your choice.

Anyone been in Fry's in the past day or so? They have a $450 PS3 bundle that a buddy wanted to get, but it's sold out online. Curious if the bundle exists in-store around here.

[quote name='neocisco']Big Lots in Woodstock has the Guitar Hero III bundle for $50. They had quite a few in stock.[/QUOTE]

This seems to be a chain-wide deal. I've seen it in Decatur, too. I believe it's PS2 only.

[quote name='El Gray']This seems to be a chain-wide deal. I've seen it in Decatur, too. I believe it's PS2 only.[/quote]

Thanks, I forgot to specify which system. Also, I checked Hollywood again today but no changes.

[quote name='gsugator']Anyone seen Pure for Xbox 360 drop to $15 at Target around or near Snellville?[/quote]
Not yet, still $24.98 everywhere I can find it in my corner of the metro.

On the plus side: Cobb Pkwy Marietta Target has Ninja Gaiden II (about 5) for $14

and

YARRR! Pirates of the Caribbean (360) for $6 (about 5 at this stocking stuffer price).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']
YARRR! Pirates of the Caribbean (360) for $6 (about 5 at this stocking stuffer price).[/QUOTE]

It's not a bad game. Bought it about a year ago for $9.99 and felt satisfied. For $6, it's cheaper than a BBV rental and it's a relatively fun game too. I would definitely get it for that price, had I not already bought it.

[quote name='gsugator']Anyone seen Pure for Xbox 360 drop to $15 at Target around or near Snellville?[/quote]

I got the last copies of pure and NG 2 at the stonecrest target monday for $14.99 each.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']On the plus side: Cobb Pkwy Marietta Target has Ninja Gaiden II (about 5) for $14[/quote]

Is this Target the one next to the old CompUSSR?

I went there [the Target by CompUSA] tonight and there were no NG2 to be seen... but I did score R6V2, Lego Indy, and BF:BC all at 75% off (only 1 copy left of R6V2).

Please let me know if it is a different one... I really want to pick up NG2 for $14.98.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']

I went there [the Target by CompUSA] tonight and there were no NG2 to be seen... but I did score R6V2, Lego Indy, and BF:BC all at 75% off (only 1 copy left of R6V2).[/quote]

D'OH! Battlefield BC for 75% off?! I have a feeling I missed out again, but has anyone seen this in any of the Targets in Woodstock, Acworth, or Marietta?

Thanks,
-B

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Is this Target the one next to the old CompUSSR?

I went there [the Target by CompUSA] tonight and there were no NG2 to be seen... but I did score R6V2, Lego Indy, and BF:BC all at 75% off (only 1 copy left of R6V2).

Please let me know if it is a different one... I really want to pick up NG2 for $14.98.[/quote]

They were in the case at the bottom next to PoTC.. I picked one up Tuesday and there were 3 left.

[quote name='wester76']They were in the case at the bottom next to PoTC.. I picked one up Tuesday and there were 3 left.[/quote]

Seriously? I was there Tuesday and their hand scanners said one left, but it was no where to be found... I saw the PotC, but no NG2... I found Lego Indy, BF:BC, and R6V2 next to the PotC in the locked case on the bottom row...

So it is the Target next to the old CompUSA? What time on Tuesday did you go? I went around 8:30pm-ish.

Anyone know which Gamestops sell DVDs and Original Gameboy games? The only store with DVDs I've seen in Gwinnett and downtown is Beaver Ruin. All the BR/HDDVDs were gone by Tuesday as was Alien Quad. I picked up a few movies though including Playmakers Series and South Park S5. Gwinnett Mall location used to have DVDs recently, but they're gone now. It seems like most locations have one or two GB/GBC games if any.

Any ideas?

The EB just north of 285 on Hwy 9 did last time I checked. Tried to hit that up on Tuesday, but they close at 7, and I just missed them. The kids at Edgewood told me that some GS in Chamblee on 141 has DVDs, too, but I'm not sure where that store is, exactly.

EDIT: Oh, I'll bet it's the one next to the Cici's, by the Target at Jimmy Carter.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Chamblee Gamestop I know of is in a plaza near the Walmart with the underground parking garage. Kind of near Chamblee Middle and High. And I think it's near the Marta station, too. Not sure if that's the one they were talking about, though.

does anyone here have a copy of fable 2? i would like to pick it up today and could pay cash. or cml. i can meet all over atl. thanks

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Seriously? I was there Tuesday and their hand scanners said one left, but it was no where to be found... I saw the PotC, but no NG2... I found Lego Indy, BF:BC, and R6V2 next to the PotC in the locked case on the bottom row...

So it is the Target next to the old CompUSA? What time on Tuesday did you go? I went around 8:30pm-ish.[/quote]

Yea, it's the one next to the abandoned CompUSA. I was there after a late lunch. I had to check out at the E-Dept register and the sale's weasel said her boyfriend would probably want a copy. I bet I bought one and another got "put back."

Can someone pick up a NG2 for 15 for me, I go out of state for a few days and wham, I lose the opportunity for a cheap game. I'm near the cobb area and I know there's a lot of you around so...spread the cheap if you can

Anybody go to GS at Midnight? It was awesome. Two people in the store. Bought BiA: HH. All I really wanted from BF and I didn't have to get up at dawn to get it. Drove 3 miles and was back home at 12:15am.

Why don't more stores do this? Now I can sleep in on Friday!

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Anybody go to GS at Midnight? It was awesome. Two people in the store. Bought BiA: HH. All I really wanted from BF and I didn't have to get up at dawn to get it. Drove 3 miles and was back home at 12:15am.

Why don't more stores do this? Now I can sleep in on Friday![/quote]I heard Discover Mills was opening at midnight, but I went straight home from work. Is that the GS that was open at midnight? I thought about getting BiA, but I've got so much to play especially if I find Fallout, Dead space and left 4 dead in the used B2G1.

By the way, I drove by Play N Trade on 124 by O'Charley's and they had signage for a black friday sale, but I didn't have a chance to check it out.

Also, the advertised gaming sales at Brandsmart and Fry's were terrible.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I heard Discover Mills was opening at midnight, but I went straight home from work. Is that the GS that was open at midnight? I thought about getting BiA, but I've got so much to play especially if I find Fallout, Dead space and left 4 dead in the used B2G1.

By the way, I drove by Play N Trade on 124 by O'Charley's and they had signage for a black friday sale, but I didn't have a chance to check it out.

Also, the advertised gaming sales at Brandsmart and Fry's were terrible.[/QUOTE]

This was the one at Stone Mountain Festival. Kinda surprised, too, because it wasn't listed in GS' flyer as being a store with a midnight opening.

I forgot to check Play 'N Trade. I was in there last week and the guy told me they were going to have some good deals, but he wouldn't say what.

[quote name='jdawgg76']By the way, I drove by Play N Trade on 124 by O'Charley's and they had signage for a black friday sale, but I didn't have a chance to check it out.
[/QUOTE]

So I went in after I read your post because I had planned on going in, but it completely slipped my mind. The good news is that I didn't miss out on anything. They didn't have any specific game deals. Just buy 2 get 2 free (until 10am Friday) and 10% off used games. Not a big deal for me, but could have been good for others. I don't have $120 to spend in games, even if I would get 2 free ones.

I was looking for huge discounts on single games. Kind of a bust for gaming on BF for all stores, IMO.

Okay, the scary Wal-Mart at Terrell Mill and 41 (Marietta) still has a few doorbusters at black Friday prices.
NFL Head Coach 360 $10 (4 left, on a red display box-top near electronics register)
Several of the $10 and $15 Blu-rays
(I picked up Res. Dogs 15th Ann. & Young Guns BR for $10)

The signage has changed from Fri only to limited to supply on hand.

I know people call this the "Falluja" Wal-Mart . .etc.
-But check this out:
The MPD Tower is here to protect you; straight from the OCP supply center (along wth about 3 patrol cars).
[img-l=4865]3588[/img-l]

-

Is the 360 version of Bioshock clearanced at Target? There were 2 on an endcap outside the glass cases at the Stone Mountain Target tonight. No price listed on it. Don't need it, so I didn't think to get a price check.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Is the 360 version of Bioshock clearanced at Target? There were 2 on an endcap outside the glass cases at the Stone Mountain Target tonight. No price listed on it. Don't need it, so I didn't think to get a price check.[/quote]

It was, it may have been repriced with the PS3 release (since there is adverts for it again and all). It would be worth scanning, I saw one hit $14.98 near me before it sold, great game.

Rolled into Edgewood around 11:30 am on Black Friday, well after most of the crowds had long since cleared out. Nevertheless, found three Boom Blox left at Target, of which we grabbed two (one for me, one for brother-in-law for Christmas). At first, thought we'd missed out on Ninja Town at Best Buy, as the rack was empty. But found some copies on a stock cart and picked up two (one for me, one for brother). That was all I was looking for, so successful Black Friday for me.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Is this Target the one next to the old CompUSSR?

Please let me know if it is a different one... I really want to pick up NG2 for $14.98.[/QUOTE]
anyone know if battlefield: bc is still discounted at that target? or whether it was just a black friday/weekend type of thing? i'd jump on that game for 75% for sure. thanks in advance!!

bread's done
Back