Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='mitch079']from ajc.com

He can say what he wants about his shoulder but if he thought he could pitch 200 innings this year, why would he leave?[/quote]

the appealing thing about the red sox for smoltz is that they have no need for him to be an ace.. to be a closer... to be a #2 or #3 starter.. anything he does, any innings he pitches is complete gravy. Same goes with Brad Penny. The Red Sox have a loaded pitching staff, and a ton of money, and they can afford to drop a couple mill on guys like Smoltz and Penny. Its not a big risk for them. But what the Braves and Yankees and other teams have showed is that you can never have too much pitching. The Sox have like seven starting pitchers now (Beckett, Lester, Dice-K, Wakefield, Buchholz, Smoltz, Penny, am i missing one?)... i think the biggest thing is having smoltz mentor kids like lester and buchholz or whoever. that the biggest contribution i think he will make. he'll show up on the field sometime in june, throw five innings a start (and dominate), and probably be part of a six man rotation until the playoff picture shapes up. its a great move for the red sox, it makes sense that he'd want one last shot at winning a title, and if the braves had signed him.. based on the incentives we offered... its pretty clear we would be counting on him to be our #1 guy (200 innings? are you kidding?). and smoltz knows that aint gonna happen. he has less pressure to pitch on a world series contender, for more money, no brainer for him. on the flip side, frank wren is running this team into the ground fast. maybe he gets to pocket the $30M we havent spent... hmmm

[quote name='Tybee']Congratulations Tim Tebow on your 2nd national title (and on finding a new and unique space in which to proselytize).

Please leave now.[/quote]

I think Harvin is likely to go pro, but it would surprise me if Tebow leaves. Now that the Gators hired a former NFL QB coach to replace Mullen (who Tebow likes) I think he hangs around to learn more from him.

I think if Tebow stays, Spikes stays.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Mobile post-
That is a serious deal on R2
I just hit up the Marietta MC, they had the following GH WT left:
8 360
4 ps3
4 wii[/QUOTE]

I called this store around 10 am today, and they pulled one PS2 copy for me. It had better be there when I drive over after work! I'm pretty excited about this deal!

[quote name='El Gray']I called this store around 10 am today, and they pulled one PS2 copy for me. It had better be there when I drive over after work! I'm pretty excited about this deal![/quote]
I didn't check ps2, don't let my post worry you.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Mobile post-
That is a serious deal on R2
I just hit up the Marietta MC, they had the following GH WT left:
8 360
4 ps3
4 wii[/QUOTE]

Damn, I think we just missed each other. My receipt shows 12:49. :eek:

I got my $10 GHWT! All hail Tybee for doing the legwork!

This game seems easier than the previous ones so far. I've five starred everything I've played on Medium, Hard, and Expert! I'm sure it'll bring the death later on.

Anyone try the original RB drums with WT?

BTW, the Best Buy in Alpha had another 360 drum set when I went the other day. Didn't show up on the website, but there it was.

[quote name='bier']Looking forward to picking up Ninja Gaiden II for $5 (with a $5 off rewards coupon) at BB on Sunday :D[/quote]

The only store I found with copies last week was the Kennesaw store and I already purchased a copy from BB.com for pick up there. When I went to pick it up today there were no more copies of NGII there :(. Hope you got yours!

If you don't find a copy try getting a Price Match at Sears. The one in Town Center Mall did it no problem for me, they didn't try to call BB to check stock.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']The only store I found with copies last week was the Kennesaw store and I already purchased a copy from BB.com for pick up there. When I went to pick it up today there were no more copies of NGII there :(. Hope you got yours![/quote]

Hit the Mall of Georgia BB today and was actually able to pick one up plus Battlefield Bad Co. They had none in the :360: aisle but was able to find one on an endcap :bouncy: Between this and the Blockbuster B1G1 sale I have a backlog that will probably take months to get through due to my addiction to COD4 :lol:

[quote name='ZharTheMad']The only store I found with copies last week was the Kennesaw store and I already purchased a copy from BB.com for pick up there. When I went to pick it up today there were no more copies of NGII there :(. Hope you got yours![/QUOTE]

There was at least 1 at the Stone Mountain store, so don't rely too heavily on what the website says is out-of-stock. It said that they didn't have any copies of UT3, but I went there anyway and, sure enough, they had a copy. I'm sure there's plenty out there, as it seems that they always show out-of-stock on items that actually are.

dude I've been hearing about FYE closing down games for years now. I haven't seen on in Atlanta in since 2005. I'm sure they have good deals if you can find one.

Yeah, their old stuff is supposedly 75% off. I might try the Northpoint one soon-- for games, and because someone told me they saw BOOMTOWN there for cheaps.

Went by FYE in Discover Mills and was excited to get Blackthorne GBA for 5. Used to play it on a PC that bogged down so much that the final stages were unplayable and the next PC was too powerful. Loved that game and never even found it on GBA until now. There was very little left on 75% off. A few xbox, one GC, and a few GBA things, nothing that seemed that great. No mention of getting rid of games, of course, they consolidated that in ATL with only three or so stores carrying them a while back.

A buddy at work got a few HDDVDs from a Kroger in Alpharetta. He thought they were BRs as his english isn't that good. I think he said it was on Johnson Bridge and something near the mall. Sorry his english really isn't that hot and I don't know that area.

What's the deal on Ninja Gaiden, Battlefield and UT3?

I checked the Northpoint FYE tonight. WEAK. They have maybe 20 XBX games in a bin near the front (mixed in with DVDs- easy to miss) marked at 75% off. The lone employee claimed that was all there was to the sale, but there WERE some GC games mixed in with the Wii stuff. I did not do a pricecheck on those. Does anyone know if ALL last-gen games are definitely marked down? I didn't see any GBA games at all, whatever the case.

Also hit up the NPt Target. Not much. There are 3x GH:Aero PS2 for $10, 2x Jericho 360 for $13, and a few copies of Legendary PC for $35.

OH, and he said that the NPt FYE wasn't closing, as far as he knew. He listed off a couple others, including Conyers, but they were in far outlying places that didn't ring a bell. Nothing intown, or even suburban, I don't think.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Man, I could really use that $13 Jericho...Northpoint Target, you say?[/QUOTE]

Yessir. Back endcap near the video games. Top shelf.

Thanks, Gray...! I'll have to hunt it down. That was a pretty cool game and definitely worth $13.

On a off topic note...can someone tell me how to change the CAGaversery under my name to something else? That's been driving me mad for awhile now. :bomb:

It's definitely Gamecube, Xbox, and GBA and definitely NOT PS2. Employees at DM Mall were knowledgeable and they had official signage up listing the systems.

[quote name='El Gray']OH, and he said that the NPt FYE wasn't closing, as far as he knew. He listed off a couple others, including Conyers, but they were in far outlying places that didn't ring a bell. Nothing intown, or even suburban, I don't think.[/quote]

The only FYE I've been in in recent memory was the one out in Douglasville. Wonder if that one's closing?

I went there on Saturday (me in a mall on a weekend: terrified) and there wasn't a single indication of it closing. Talked with the staff about different stuff, no one mentioned the store closing.

No $10 DS bin at the Mansell Walmart as of tonight. Anyone seen it elsewhere? I still need to get Puzzle Quest one of these days.

The Walmart on Howell Mill had two copies of Ninja Gaiden 2. Managed to pricematch Best Buy's ad and got it for 10. One is still there as of 10:40pm. Good luck. Didnt see a $10 DS bin but I also was not looking for it.

Bunch of Guitar Hero 2 Bundles for 360 appeared at the Snellville Target and clearanced at 50% off 89.99. I don't remember even seeing the bundles in the store for a good while so maybe they were in the back. There were 8 or nine on an endcap near the back corner of the store by luggage on Sunday so maybe they dropped on Monday.

Hey El Grey, I picked up a Boomtown Season One from the Conyers Kroger last night for $7.99.
I work up in Lawrenceville/Duluth area if you want to come pick it up.

Finally found a Kroger with HDDVDs. The store at Beaver Ruin and Lawrenceville Hway in Lilburn has some. Got the last Children of Men and Halfbaked. There's some copies of the Kingdom, Breach, Elizabeth something, smoking aces, breakup, mr bean, slither, chuck and larry, some more and boomtown dvd, moonstruck season 4 or 5 dvd.

Kudos on the Children of Men HDDVD find. I've always liked that flick. On a personal front, I'm pleased to say that I scored a used L4D last night.
The Gamestop on Cobb Pkwy came through for me and while there I traded in 2 old DS games to get $20 off the $19.99 Personal Trainer cooking.
I'm awesome on mixed drinks/nachos/pizza/wraps/sandwiches but outside that I need all the help I can get in the kitchen!:lol:

I'd swear the HDDVDs at the Woodstock Kroger were $3 each... I may be wrong, though, that was last week and I don't have a player. Either way, they're available in Woodstock as well.

[quote name='Jerry-kun']I'd swear the HDDVDs at the Woodstock Kroger were $3 each... I may be wrong, though, that was last week and I don't have a player. Either way, they're available in Woodstock as well.[/quote]

Which Woodstock Kroger?

Someone should compile a list of the metro Kroger's with HD-DVDs. I didn't even know Wodstock was selling them. (None around me seem to be)

[quote name='Jerry-kun']I'd swear the HDDVDs at the Woodstock Kroger were $3 each... I may be wrong, though, that was last week and I don't have a player. Either way, they're available in Woodstock as well.[/quote]

Which store, 92/Trickum or Towne Lake?

[quote name='neocisco']Which store, 92/Trickum or Towne Lake?[/QUOTE]

I'm hitting the GR on Towne Lake, so I'll check that one tonight.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I'm hitting the GR on Towne Lake, so I'll check that one tonight.[/QUOTE]

Towne Lake had a big box on the left side of the store. Picked up Hot Fuzz, Army of Darkness and Dazed and Confused.

Tell me what you are looking for, and I can tell you if they had it.

Anyone see a Blockbuster with Rock Band 2 drums? Not the $300 kit, BTW.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Anyone see a Blockbuster with Rock Band 2 drums? Not the $300 kit, BTW.[/quote]

Not sure how important the cymbal ports are to you, but I've got a 360 Rock Band 1 drumset I'd trade/sell to ya'.
In tip-top shape (only played on a half a dozen times or so) and well taken care of.

[quote name='neocisco']Which store, 92/Trickum or Towne Lake?[/quote]

There's also the HUGE new one in Hickory Flat, not too far from Woodstock but I doubt they'd have any HD-DVDs as it just opened last fall. And the one in Toonigh, which is technically Woodstock.

I think I remember people looking for $15 used copies of GTAIV at Blockbuster a few months ago, right? There was one hanging around the Clairmont & N. Decatur Blockbuster by the Emory Commons Publix.

[quote name='woocag']There's also the HUGE new one in Hickory Flat, not too far from Woodstock but I doubt they'd have any HD-DVDs as it just opened last fall. And the one in Toonigh, which is technically Woodstock.

I think I remember people looking for $15 used copies of GTAIV at Blockbuster a few months ago, right? There was one hanging around the Clairmont & N. Decatur Blockbuster by the Emory Commons Publix.[/quote]

That's actually considered Holly Springs now.

[quote name='neocisco']That's actually considered Holly Springs now.[/quote]

Oh hell. That's what I get for being in Decatur most of the year.

New to CAG and wasn't sure where to start - thought it'd be nice to say hello locally first - Live in the Woodstockish area work in the alpharetta area! Hello everyone

~Jaide

[quote name='chuckie88']Not sure how important the cymbal ports are to you, but I've got a 360 Rock Band 1 drumset I'd trade/sell to ya'.
In tip-top shape (only played on a half a dozen times or so) and well taken care of.[/QUOTE]

The RB2 drums interested me because they are quite softer. Picked up a set yesterday and I like them a lot.

I was able to afford this because I believe I'm finally going to be employed this week. Have to drive to Decatur, but it's worth it.

[quote name='jaideam']New to CAG and wasn't sure where to start - thought it'd be nice to say hello locally first - Live in the Woodstockish area work in the alpharetta area! Hello everyone

~Jaide[/QUOTE]

Hey Jaideam. Welcome to the ATL group. Feel free to pull up a couch, grab a beer, and stay awhile. I live and work in Alpharetta area so I'm looking out for deals in the area, especially Target since those clearance prices are so hit or miss per store.

BTW, am I the last person to know there is a Play N' Trade on the outskirts of Johns Creek now, by Peachtree Parkway near Kohl's and Staples? I noticed it there when I was taking my son to Giggles For Kids, a great little toy store, in case you are interested.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']The RB2 drums interested me because they are quite softer. Picked up a set yesterday and I like them a lot.
I was able to afford this because I believe I'm finally going to be employed this week. Have to drive to Decatur, but it's worth it.[/quote]

I've heard others say the same thing about the new set, congrats on the job!

Jaideam: Hello, and welcome to the best local board on CAG.:)

figured i'd post it here rather than the radioshack thread... but anyone seen NCAA Football 09 on clearance at any RS stores? Ive read some people in other cities found it for under $20, which would rock. Thanks in advance!!

Felder71, what kind of toys are at Giggles For Kids? Is it educational stuff, a consignment store, or what?

Thanks!

[quote name='grundy']Felder71, what kind of toys are at Giggles For Kids? Is it educational stuff, a consignment store, or what?

Thanks![/quote]

Giggles for kids sales traditional kids toys is basically the same as My Storyhouse Toys in Roswell/Alpharetta. They sale wooden toys, arts/crafts, imagination building toys, Melissa & Doug, Alexa, etc. I believe there are only 2 Giggles: Vickery Creek and the Johns Creek location...

[quote name='kjauburn']Giggles for kids sales traditional kids toys is basically the same as My Storyhouse Toys in Roswell/Alpharetta. They sale wooden toys, arts/crafts, imagination building toys, Melissa & Doug, Alexa, etc. I believe there are only 2 Giggles: Vickery Creek and the Johns Creek location...[/QUOTE]

They have a lot of off-brand stuff you wouldn't see at the big box stores. And a ton of selection. There's some educational stuff and even some furniture type things. We're getting our son a wooden gym locker to put in his room. Only $50 and he loves to open and close things. If you are interested to see what is out there besides Fisher Price and Playskool, I recommend taking a look.

[quote name='Felder71']
BTW, am I the last person to know there is a Play N' Trade on the outskirts of Johns Creek now, by Peachtree Parkway near Kohl's and Staples? I noticed it there when I was taking my son to Giggles For Kids, a great little toy store, in case you are interested.[/quote]

I just recently noticed that store myself. I knew of the one in the Norcross area and the one over in Lawrenceville, but that one seemed to just pop up all of a sudden. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. I need to swing by and see if they have a decent N64 controller for my 5 year old to play Diddy Kong Racing with. The analog sticks havent survived too well on any of the ones I have.

Yeah, my bad, the HDDVDs were $6, and yes, it was the Towne Lake Kroger.

New to the area as well, living in Woodstock and working in Dunwoody. Fantastic commute. :drool:

[quote name='guinaevere']You guys all see that BrandSmart has Resistance 2 for 28.88 this week?[/quote]i saw some of the guys in the deal thread were from Atlanta they saw it. I'm in Canada again so .. I'm not even sure why I'm still follow this thread but I would have gotten one if I could.

If I'm not mistaken a few ATL CAGs mentioned Ghost Squad a while back for the Wii.
Is this game any good? I seem to remember hearing that it was painfully short.
I bring it up as I noticed my local Kroger (Vinings ATL RD) carrying it w/ Wii zapper.
They had 10-12 for $14.99 with your Kroger card near the ent./exit, is it worth it?

bread's done
Back