Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Hey guys there is a MFR's Blu-ray coupon sheet in the AJC this morning.
$3 off select titles and $10 the Spiderman set.

$3 off titles:
The Pink Panther
Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist
Hancock
Step Brothers
Pineapple Express
Superbad
Made of Honor
Walk Hard
You don't mess with the ZOHAN
Underworld
Hellboy
Black Hawk Down
Resident Evil Titles, any of them
Resident Evil Degeneration

$10 off:

Spiderman 1-3 set.

Valid through 2-25. Might be a good way to get some of the $14 bargain titles cheap Blachawk Down, Hellboy, Underworld . . .etc.)-

Also, if you have been getting the $5 Target Blu-Ray register coupons you might could get both to work for $8-$15 off.

Lastly; Could we get a list going of which Kroger's have the HD-DVDs (I drove out to the Kroger on 92 in Woodstock, no dice)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='h3llbring3r']Hey guys there is a MFR's Blu-ray coupon sheet in the AJC this morning.
$3 select titles and $10 the Spiderman set.

$3 titles:
The Pink Panther
Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist
Hancock
Step Brothers
Pineapple Express
Superbad
Made of Honor
Walk Hard
You don't mess with the ZOHAN
Underworld
Hellboy
Black Hawk Down
Resident Evil Titles, any of them
Resident Evil Degeneration[/QUOTE]

This is only $3 off correct and not actually $3 movies?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']This is only $3 off correct and not actually $3 movies?[/quote]
Correct, $3.00 off coupons.

For example Hancock is $19.99 at Target today. This coupon makes it $16.99

I just went to the Edgewood GameStop to try to pick up some of the pennied guides... but the short haired female employee with the glasses told me that they throw them away at night with the trash...

I highly doubt it... they probably keep them for themselves (not necessarily bad, but I want $0.01 guides too!)

mobile post:
Saw some good deals at Smyrna Toys R us:
(360)
5 orange boxes for $9
Several Golden Compass $9
Space Chimps $9

(PS3)
A few UT3 ps3. $9

I got the last no more heros.

I couldn't find the clearance titles at Barrett Pkwy
I am looking for Mass Effect and NFS: Pro Street

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas Hwy Target had some Too Humans, a couple of Blitz 2, 1 Lego Batman, a couple of Fractures (all 360), and a whole shit load of Haze for the PS3. Haze was 20.98 while Blitz and Lego Batman were 34.98. I think the others were 27.98 but nothing worth it in my book at this point. Also saw a Singstar Legends and some TNA Impact for the PS2 (20.98 for all). These are all on a small endcap. Mercs 2 for the 360 was in the case @ 20.98. There might have been something else, maybe Sing It, for the PS3, but I didn't take a good look at the price.

Couldn't find anything at the one in Acworth. They're usually a week behind anyway but the clearance shelves were full of other merchandise.

[quote name='mitch079']Dallas Hwy Target had some Too Humans, a couple of Blitz 2, 1 Lego Batman, a couple of Fractures (all 360), and a whole shit load of Haze for the PS3. Haze was 20.98 while Blitz and Lego Batman were 34.98. I think the others were 27.98 but nothing worth it in my book at this point. Also saw a Singstar Legends and some TNA Impact for the PS2 (20.98 for all). These are all on a small endcap. Mercs 2 for the 360 was in the case @ 20.98. There might have been something else, maybe Sing It, for the PS3, but I didn't take a good look at the price.

Couldn't find anything at the one in Acworth. They're usually a week behind anyway but the clearance shelves were full of other merchandise.[/quote]

Thanks Mitch, Merc's 2 is dropping slow around me still $24-29 in the case. Definitely a $9 title.

I do want Fracture and Too human for $14 or less, do you remember the prices?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyone seen:

MOH:A (360)

At any TRUs since the Monday drops?[/quote]

I am pretty sure Smyrna had Avatar:BE (360 x 2) I didn't see any MOH:A yesterday.

Northpoint TRU had several UT3 (ps3)
Bleach (Wii)
No More heroes (Wii)
They had several other 360 titles but I can't remember now, just know that there were no ME and no NFS:pS. I think I saw Spiderwick and MOH but can't be sure. There bargain bin is right in the middle of the game dept. I would call them they were nice there.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyone seen:

MOH:A (360)

At any TRUs since the Monday drops?[/quote]There were about 8 Avatars at the one on Pleasant Hill this afternoon. Several OBs for 360, one NFS Prostreet PS3, a NBA Ballerz for 360, several GOlden Compass for 360 a few Space Chimps for 360, but no MoH

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I am looking for Mass Effect and NFS: Pro Street[/QUOTE]

I tried to PM you before I posted this here, but your box is full.

5x Mass Effect @ Buckhead TRU. No N4S. 2x Pink Controller

3x Pink Controller @ Smyrna TRU

If anyone sees MOH:A would you kindly pick it up for me, please?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I tried to PM you before I posted this here, but your box is full.

5x Mass Effect @ Buckhead TRU. No N4S. 2x Pink Controller

3x Pink Controller @ Smyrna TRU

If anyone sees MOH:A would you kindly pick it up for me, please?[/quote]

Thanks! Will do with MOH:A (360? )

[quote name='jdawgg76']There were about 8 Avatars at the one on Pleasant Hill this afternoon. Several OBs for 360, one NFS Prostreet PS3, a NBA Ballerz for 360, several GOlden Compass for 360 a few Space Chimps for 360, but no MoH[/quote]

Just went by the Pleasant Hill TRU, and those "Orange Box" copies are PS3 not 360 as I'd hoped. Thanks to you all for the tips though -- I usually just lurk on these forums.

Anyone checked the Lavista TRU?

-- Andy

[quote name='Robotechnology']Just went by the Pleasant Hill TRU, and those "Orange Box" copies are PS3 not 360 as I'd hoped. Thanks to you all for the tips though -- I usually just lurk on these forums.

-- Andy[/quote]

Buckhead TRU has plenty of 360 Orange Boxes if you get there by this evening. Great game BTW, I loved it.

[quote name='Robotechnology']Just went by the Pleasant Hill TRU, and those "Orange Box" copies are PS3 not 360 as I'd hoped. Thanks to you all for the tips though -- I usually just lurk on these forums.

-- Andy[/quote]Sorry about that, but I know I saw some 360 copies in the bargain bin at the front of electronics. I remember that at least four or five were 360 cause I thought about getting one for a buddy that just got a 360. I'm sure you did, but you did look in that bin right? Also, while most games were in the bin, some were in the different sections and some were in both. Advance Wars was in the bin and the DS section.

Picked up Orange Box (Xbox 360) for $10 at Stonecrest Toys'R'Us today. They had a few copies left too behind the glass.

Ottomans at the Milton Target (behind Alpharetta Fry's) at still $40 and they have 11.

However - I did see one lonely Madden Special Edition 360 for $22 in the case. Nice grab for someone. Remember there's two games in there. ANd I think Singstar PS3 was on clearance for something like $30 or so. Maybe less. Nothing else caught my eye.

P.S. - Does anyone else care about clearance gaming ottomans besides me? If not, I'll forgo my many posts.

If anyone is looking for the LiPS for $39 (down from $69) from MicroCenter I think they are sold out (my brother said he got the last 2). You could try in-store pick-up purchase, or call they may have had more in the back.
He said Too Human ($19) and Rock Band 2 (360 disk only $29) were plentiful.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Same here.

Kroger @ Shallowford/Johnson Ferry (Marietta) has HD DVDs.[/quote]

WHAAAAT! Where are they in the stow?

Any good titles or combo disks?

Anybody have any idea where I can find the tournament edition of the street fighter IV stick? Or if they're making more? I help throw Final Round every year in Atlanta, and I'm looking for a stick.

For those not in the know, Final Round is the second largest fighting game tournament in the U.S. and it's run right out of the ATL, shawdi! We're hosting it this year from march 13th- 15th. If you guys want more info and are interested in competing, let me know.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']WHAAAAT! Where are they in the stow?

Any good titles or combo disks?[/QUOTE]

They pretty much had everything on the established list. Most of these titles are combos, if not all of them.

Eastern Promises, Hot Fuzz, the usual stuff. Left side of the store in the same clearance bin as the other ones.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Anybody have any idea where I can find the tournament edition of the street fighter IV stick? Or if they're making more? I help throw Final Round every year in Atlanta, and I'm looking for a stick.

For those not in the know, Final Round is the second largest fighting game tournament in the U.S. and it's run right out of the ATL, shawdi! We're hosting it this year from march 13th- 15th. If you guys want more info and are interested in competing, let me know.[/QUOTE]

At this point, no idea. My belief is that when they see how fast these sold, they'll make more. No reason to make them in a limited run in if the demand is there and I think the US market has a demand for an arcade quality stick. That said, I'm not sure you'll be able to get your hands on one in retail by the middle of March. I'd be interested in the tournament, at least for watching purposes, if it wasn't the weekend of my son's birthday. Good luck!

[quote name='gsugator']Anyone seen Ace Combat 6 (Xbox 360) at a Target around here for $13?[/quote]

No sir, I have checked almost all of Cobb and not a single one to be found.

I stopped by the K-Mart (the one right off 285W) on Buford Hwy this evening a picked up WSOP (2007 edition) for the 360 and NHL 2k8 for the PS3 for $5.00 a piece. I grabbed the last 1 of each. You literally have to hunt someone down in there (I counted maybe 10-12 people all together working in the store). The guy that helped me was really nice and scanned about 10 games for me that were in their Clearance section (some items were cheaper than listed on the tag so you might want to do this. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their pricing whatsoever so you might find a diamond in the rough). Anyway, they had games in the glass and some were old, so I have no idea why they weren't in the clearance section. If you're in the area you might want to check it out (be careful, it is BUFORD HWY).

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I stopped by the K-Mart (the one right off 285W) on Buford Hwy this evening a picked up WSOP (2007 edition) for the 360 and NHL 2k8 for the PS3 for $5.00 a piece. I grabbed the last 1 of each. You literally have to hunt someone down in there (I counted maybe 10-12 people all together working in the store). The guy that helped me was really nice and scanned about 10 games for me that were in their Clearance section (some items were cheaper than listed on the tag so you might want to do this. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to their pricing whatsoever so you might find a diamond in the rough). Anyway, they had games in the glass and some were old, so I have no idea why they weren't in the clearance section. If you're in the area you might want to check it out (be careful, it is BUFORD HWY).[/quote]

I have a friend who is a Chambodian warlord over there. If you need a guide, translator or secure passage he can help you out for a reasonable fee or barter.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I have a friend who is a Chambodian warlord over there. If you need a guide, translator or secure passage he can help you out for a reasonable fee or barter.[/QUOTE]
LOL!! I only jest, because when I was a young struggling college-student, I lived in 2 separate apartments on that road. I have a home in Lawrenceville now, but sometimes the nightmares still keep me from falling asleep.

Oh I almost forgot (didn't think I bought this). When you walk in the electronics department, on the right hand side there is a clearance section. In that section, they have a universal dvd remote which works with the 360 and PS2 (or so it says). It's 4 1/2 inches in length and is grey. You can see what it looks like on Ebay if you type in "universal remote 360". It's the one that says "DVD Gamer" on the top. They were clearanced out at $1!! I grabbed 2 (I plan on getting my wife an Xbox for Valentine's Day so she can get off mine..Damn UNO). They had between 8-10 more there.

Hey guys, in the Target/Best Buy ad thread for next week (week of 2/1) it lists that at Best Buy, the 12+1 XBL card is $29.99. Don't know if that is actually correct or not because there's so much back-patting for speedy that the question hasn't been answered, but I just thought that I would let my fellow Atlanta CAG's be aware in case that it is, indeed, so.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Hey guys, in the Target/Best Buy ad thread for next week (week of 2/1) it lists that at Best Buy, the 12+1 XBL card is $29.99. Don't know if that is actually correct or not because there's so much back-patting for speedy that the question hasn't been answered, but I just thought that I would let my fellow Atlanta CAG's be aware in case that it is, indeed, so.[/quote]

It probably is because buy.com, Amazon, and Wal-Mart have all three sold it at this price in the last few weeks.

[quote name='gsugator']Anyone seen Ace Combat 6 (Xbox 360) at a Target around here for $13?[/QUOTE]

None at either of the Buckhead area stores last night.

Anyone seen the $10 Kim Possible game at Wal-Mart? Saw it at the Trickum/92 one about a week ago and said the infamous, "I'll get it later." Well I was there tonight and sure enough there was nothing :dunce:

[quote name='gsugator']Which Blockbuster is that?[/QUOTE]

Should be any of the corporate locations, if they have any in-stock. At least I'm pretty sure that's what I paid for it at the Gamerush @ Shallowford/Sandy Plains. $11.99

[quote name='gsugator']Anyone seen Ace Combat 6 (Xbox 360) at a Target around here for $13?[/quote]There's one for 20 at the North Druid Hills Target.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Blockbuster has it for $12, new.[/quote]What! WHen did it drop so low there? I got it used for 21 in the last B2G1 at GS since I couldn't find a third 35 dollar game. Oh well.

I don't suppose anyone has spotted Hot shots golf 5 (ps3) at any of the targets? Tried a few today with no luck I'm afraid, and missed the Amazon deal a while back ; ;

[quote name='grundy']Anyone seen the $10 Kim Possible game at Wal-Mart? Saw it at the Trickum/92 one about a week ago and said the infamous, "I'll get it later." Well I was there tonight and sure enough there was nothing :dunce:[/QUOTE]

the ds one? i think i saw it at the ew connector austell walmart last night, along with $10 geometry wars, puzzle quest, and some others. they're on an end cap across from the $5 dvd bin.

and speaking of which i've just finished moving to a new place just down the street from said walmart. i have left the cobb parkway market and will now have my watchful eye on the walmart and target down ew connector (apparently austell officially, even though i'm still in smyrna...atlanta confuses me so much). but there's no best buy out here so i'll still have to swing back to the old neighborhood every now and then :)

Anyone have the link or know what the Best Buy Silver Premier member deals are for tomorrow? I haven't seen the post yet on the Deals forum. Are they on the BB rewards zone website (I haven't looked there yet :))?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyone have the link or know what the Best Buy Silver Premier member deals are for tomorrow? I haven't seen the post yet on the Deals forum. Are they on the BB rewards zone website (I haven't looked there yet :))?[/quote]

I think there is a thread in the deals section:
NFL Tour for PS3 or Xbox 360 Regular Price $29.99 - $20 Instant Savings = $9.99 Saints Row 2 for PS3 or Xbox 360 Regular Price $59.99 - $25 Instant Savings = $34.99

I believe the limited Silver Level deals in my email were all non-games.

My BBy, price matching fury has returned.
It got shot down trying to PM the Target at the movies deal at BOTH the Kennesaw BBy and the Smyrna BBy.

Ugh, both managers said that the Target ad "wasn't the same" as the bundle they had, I finally asked them to help me find the non-bundle in the store, figured the futile exercise might get some blood to their brains.

I was finally like, "This IS the only version, there is no non-bundle." Kennesaw was my go-to store to avoid the morons in Smyrna with the pricematching problems. It seemed the mental illness that infects the Smyrna store has moved North to Kennesaw; The new man-child manager there is EPIC.

RAAAAAAAAAAGE, I just drove across the street to Target and bought it there.

bread's done
Back