Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

macland & powder springs blockbuster marietta had a copy of halo 3 and cod4 as of yesterday - where did you see the elder scrolls @

[quote name='Tybee']Here's a photographic survey of all the clearance titles at the North Druid Hills Target as of 9:20 last night. Stacked 'em all together for ya:

473470204_KqTnS-M.jpg

How much was Silent Hill 5 for 360?

Thanks

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Hey guys, Wal-Mart in Stone Mountain on Rockbridge Road had multiple copies of Viva Pinata:TiP and Conan (360) for $10 as of 6pm on 2/13/09.[/quote]I super-endorse Conan for that price. LOVED that game. When I tried it, I thought I'd play a few minutes and hate it, boy was I wrong.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Thanks!! I was able to snag the Warhawk!![/quote]Awesome, out of curiosity, what did it drop to?

[quote name='jdawgg76']I super-endorse Conan for that price. LOVED that game. When I tried it, I thought I'd play a few minutes and hate it, boy was I wrong. [/quote]

Really, that's in my backlog and i have been putting it off after trudging 1/3 the way through Viking. After your endorsement I think it's back to the front of the line.

Also, to anyone and everyone that has posted in the ATL-CAG thread:
Expect a friends request notice from me. I am trying to set that up so I can quickly and easily share finds for personal request on the board without posting the individual finds in the thread (for the hoarders to see) or pulling the thread back-up with my phone (It takes to long in the store to pull up the thread and find the post/name info).

Well apparently at a few Targets stores around here all the PS3 games that were were on clearance yesterday at 0% or 30% dropped straight to 75% and they've already been raped (by whom I have no idea... employees, hoarders, flippers...). Atl. Stat. was one store. Nothing of note there... the first round of 360 drops are still 50% and the second round drops fell to 50%.

If anyone sees ANY 360 games at 75% off please let me know as I will do the same.

(sorry for the double post, but 'meh')

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, been away for awhile. I didn't see it posted before, but a new Video Game store opened in the Conyers/Covington area off of Hwy 20 called Gamespot. Sells and trades for all systems, already has a pretty decent selection. (NES, SNES, PC, Genesis, N64 all the way to current. Also has DVDs, CDs, etc.)

I talked to him for like 20 minutes while I browsed, he's very talkative. Good prices from what I saw, and it's his second store. (First one out in California)

I went in the on Wednesday of last week, currently running a trade 3 360/PS3/Wii game get $8 additional promo. Just wanted to give a heads up that there is another place out here besides Gamestop. :)

Target @ Edgewood had a ton of clearance games, though mostly for the Xbox 360 (none of which were 75% off from what I saw). The selection looked pretty similar to the picture posted by Tybee from the N. Druid Hills Target, but with a smaller selection. It did have PS2 SingIt ($20) and PS3 SingIt (approx $28) with the microphone. Also, the only other additions I can think of from the N. Druid Hills picture were:
X360 Eternal Sonata ($42)
Wii Foosball $14

There were a few more, but I can't remember what they were.

I just noticed a new Play n Trade in Towne Lake today. It's at the top of the hill opposite Etowah HS in the shopping center on the left. They've been open for about 4 months. The store looks pretty good.

[quote name='neocisco']I just noticed a new Play n Trade in Towne Lake today. It's at the top of the hill opposite Etowah HS in the shopping center on the left. They've been open for about 4 months. The store looks pretty good.[/quote]

Not sure if its been mentioned, but a new Play n Trade just opened in Miltion. Its basically in the Target shopping center behind Fry's near windward pkwy.

[quote name='kjauburn']Not sure if its been mentioned, but a new Play n Trade just opened in Miltion. Its basically in the Target shopping center behind Fry's near windward pkwy.[/quote]

There is also a new P&T in John's Creek.

[quote name='grundy'][quote name='Tybee']Here's a photographic survey of all the clearance titles at the North Druid Hills Target as of 9:20 last night. Stacked 'em all together for ya:

473470204_KqTnS-M.jpg

How much was Silent Hill 5 for 360?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I think Silent Hill Homecoming had a universal drop to $39.99 last month. $41.98 seems high.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']There is also a new P&T in John's Creek.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah? Whereabouts? Guess I could check "The Internet"... :)

[quote name='Stryffe2004'][quote name='grundy']

I think Silent Hill Homecoming had a universal drop to $39.99 last month. $41.98 seems high.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that it was $41.98 @ the Edgewood Target as well.

Anyone else ready for some Street Fighter IV action? I'm so excited and a little anxious, as this will definitely be my first home Street Fighter purchase that I never got to play first (thanks a lot, death of American arcades!) Anyways, the reviews indicate that I have no reason to think I'll be disappointed.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']There is also a new P&T in John's Creek.[/QUOTE]

When did it open?
Seems like an odd locations being as across the street there is a gamestop.
If its where Im thinking its in a shopping center with Kohls, Staples, and Michaels

[quote name='SeanAmI']When did it open?
Seems like an odd locations being as across the street there is a gamestop.
If its where Im thinking its in a shopping center with Kohls, Staples, and Michaels[/quote]

That is exactly where it is (between Staples & Michaels). I think P&T tries to put themselves near GameStops if they can.

I like the Milton & John's Creek locations they have plenty of parking and next to bigbox stores unlike the Buford and Norcross locations.

I think they opened up in early January.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyone seen any of the Target 360 drops at 75% off yet? It looks like a few people are reporting some in the main Target thread...[/quote]

Not yet.

[quote name='kjauburn']No luck finding Ace Combat 6 at Target. If anyone sees the non platinum hits version at Target for less then $15 please pick it up for me...[/quote]
I got the last one at the Dallas Hwy Store on Monday. It was the fourth Target OTP on the Northwest side I tried. Most are cleaned out.

[quote name='kjauburn']No luck finding Ace Combat 6 at Target. If anyone sees the non platinum hits version at Target for less then $15 please pick it up for me...[/quote]

Saw a copy yesterday at the Snellville Target $14.98.

If anybody is down to play SFIV, hit me up. RoninChaos SRK on xbox. I have a shit stick though, which is why I'm looking for a tournament edition. Anybody sees one, let me know.

All,

If anybody happens to see the Xbox 360 "Rock Band 1" bundle drop any further at their local Target, please let me know. I've been sorely tempted at the 99 bucks I've seen it at, and I figure if it goes any lower I'll have to pull the trigger!

Anyone have any pros or cons to add to guide my decision? The RB1 instruments work with RB2, right? Should I ever want to upgrade or whatever.

Thanks,

Andy

I was just driving down Sidney Marcus and noticed a Gamestop there (near the Fatburger). Is that new? Have any of you guys been there? I've never seen it before.

[quote name='chrisd']I was just driving down Sidney Marcus and noticed a Gamestop there (near the Fatburger). Is that new? Have any of you guys been there? I've never seen it before.[/quote]

Not a gamestop fan so I haven't been looking. Is that the strip mall across the street? If so, I quit going in there when the guy at the sub shop tossed my food at me.

[quote name='chrisd']I was just driving down Sidney Marcus and noticed a Gamestop there (near the Fatburger). Is that new? Have any of you guys been there? I've never seen it before.[/quote]

That's funny that you say that. Because when I first moved to the Midtown area 5 years ago, I thought I had spied one in that very same shopping center once when driving past. When I tried to stop by one day, I realized that I must have been seeing things because there was no Gamestop there. According to their store locater, there is no Gamestop on Sidney Marcus.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Not a gamestop fan so I haven't been looking. Is that the strip mall across the street? If so, I quit going in there when the guy at the sub shop tossed my food at me.[/quote]

Yeah, it's right near the corner of piedmont. There's that shopping center on the other side of Sidney Marcus with Best Buy, Target and Home Depot. yeesh, which sub shop was that?! Note to self...

[quote name='chrisd']Yeah, it's right near the corner of piedmont. There's that shopping center on the other side of Sidney Marcus with Best Buy, Target and Home Depot. yeesh, which sub shop was that?! Note to self...[/quote]

It was that Blimpies or a Subway (NEVER BEEN BACK), facing the BBy packing lot from across the street.

I paid with my debit/credit card and put a slash through the "tip" line and was pulling a dollar out of my wallet when the ME guy slung my plate, spinning it across the counter splattering grease/dressing w/e into my crotch. I waved the hand with the dollar in it that he didn't see- folded it up and put it back in my pocket.

There's a RadioShack there... perhaps that is it?

[quote name='ZharTheMad']There's a RadioShack there... perhaps that is it?[/quote]

No, it's definitely a Gamestop. My wife was with me and I asked her if she had seen it before (she hadn't), so I know I'm not going crazy. I might swing by later this afternoon to check it out and report back to you guys.

[quote name='Robotechnology']All,

If anybody happens to see the Xbox 360 "Rock Band 1" bundle drop any further at their local Target, please let me know. I've been sorely tempted at the 99 bucks I've seen it at, and I figure if it goes any lower I'll have to pull the trigger!

[/quote]

I saw 360 Rock Band Special Ed. clearanced at $69.98 . The Target in Smyrna/Hwy 41. I also saw two Singstar1 bundles (w/mics) clearanced at $29.98, and BIA: Hell's Hwy for PS3 clearanced at $14.98.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']anyone interested in (all 360):

gears of war 1
ninja gaiden 2
lego indy
battlefield bad company

before I return them to Target?[/quote]
lego indy CML

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']That is exactly where it is (between Staples & Michaels). I think P&T tries to put themselves near GameStops if they can.

I like the Milton & John's Creek locations they have plenty of parking and next to bigbox stores unlike the Buford and Norcross locations.

I think they opened up in early January.[/QUOTE]

Do they have any specific deals running or somewhere I can find out when they have deals.

[quote name='SeanAmI']Do they have any specific deals running or somewhere I can find out when they have deals.[/quote]

I don't know if they have any deals going on now, but you can go to the P&T website and get the phone number for the store.

i know the peachtree industrial P&T has a 20% off any used game coupon (lookin at it right now) but unfortunately my scanner is broken..but they gave it to me for free after my first purchase there a few days ago..ill try to get it scanned (and it exp's 2/28)

target on barret had 2 rock revolutions left on fri for $10 the one in acworth also had 2 hid one at each behind the lips package games for any fellow cags - played the game last night it's not as bad as the reviews - but by no means a great game fun because of songs but hard because you can't see enough of the notes coming down - just played it with guitar

Did anyone have any luck with the apparently YMMV BBV Presidents Day/Clear Case sale? I went to a few of them and didn't see anything...I was at the one across from Market Square mall, the one by Toco Hills and the one on Flat Shoals. They all looked at me like I had M&Ms bleeding out of my ears when I asked them about it. :twisted:

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Did anyone have any luck with the apparently YMMV BBV Presidents Day/Clear Case sale? I went to a few of them and didn't see anything...I was at the one across from Market Square mall, the one by Toco Hills and the one on Flat Shoals. They all looked at me like I had M&Ms bleeding out of my ears when I asked them about it. :twisted:[/QUOTE]

Hadn't heard of it. What was it??

[quote name='dcemantrades']target on barret had 2 rock revolutions left on fri for $10 the one in acworth also had 2 hid one at each behind the lips package games for any fellow cags - played the game last night it's not as bad as the reviews - but by no means a great game fun because of songs but hard because you can't see enough of the notes coming down - just played it with guitar[/QUOTE]

Saw two copies of Rock Revolution for 360 at the Northlake Target on the endcap. I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger.

[quote name='Robotechnology']If anybody happens to see the Xbox 360 "Rock Band 1" bundle drop any further at their local Target, please let me know. I've been sorely tempted at the 99 bucks I've seen it at, and I figure if it goes any lower I'll have to pull the trigger!

Anyone have any pros or cons to add to guide my decision? The RB1 instruments work with RB2, right? Should I ever want to upgrade or whatever.[/quote]
If you're still on the fence about the cash and have interest in RB1 drums let me know. It works with RB2 but doesn't have the cymbal port things for the add-ons. Anyway, I still have my 360 drums that I've played literally a handful of times and is in great condition. I'm open to any trade ideas for it or selling it cheap. Let me know if this idea floats your boat.

Wish I had some local scouting reports about sales or finds but I'm too broke right now to even consider looking!:cry:

So good news/bad news clearance deal at Best Buy (this may only apply to jdawgg and a few others):

GOOD NEWS:

Best Buy Stone Mountain had clearance copies of Baja (360 & PS3) - $12; Pure (360 & PS3) - $18; Golden Axe: Beast Rider (PS3) - $18; Spyro DotD (PS3) - $12.

BAD NEWS:

Today is the last day the store will be open. It is moving to Loganville and will re-open on Friday. So, if any of those interest you, then you'll have to wait until Friday and go to Loganville.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Hadn't heard of it. What was it??[/quote]

There were supposed to be 360, Wii, Xbox and PS2 games in clear cases, as in no original box and no instructions, for like $9.99. A few people across the country said they scored here and there, but the majority seemed out of luck. Too bad, because some of the reported 360 games like CoD4, GoW and some others I could've used...:bomb:

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']So good news/bad news clearance deal at Best Buy (this may only apply to jdawgg and a few others):

GOOD NEWS:

Best Buy Stone Mountain had clearance copies of Baja (360 & PS3) - $12; Pure (360 & PS3) - $18; Golden Axe: Beast Rider (PS3) - $18; Spyro DotD (PS3) - $12.

BAD NEWS:

Today is the last day the store will be open. It is moving to Loganville and will re-open on Friday. So, if any of those interest you, then you'll have to wait until Friday and go to Loganville.[/quote]
I use to love that store. Horrible location though (with the non-stop traffic on 78) which probably killed it. Loganville is a prime location (it beats going 30-45 minutes to the Mall of GA BB, 30-45 minutes to the Gwinnett Place BB. The Scenic Hwy one is ok if you hit it early, but they always have limited stock of everything). Great strategy on their part (it will destroy those other 2 locations mentioned since it will be close to Lawrenceville which is the largest school system in GA. A lot of that Stone Mountain traffic will now hit the Northlake location. Good for some of us CAGs, Not so good for others). Nothing in Loganville but mostly rich or retired people who don't mind shelling out $60 for a game for their child/grandchild. Hopefully it will become one of their Special stores (which does launch events).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I use to love that store. Horrible location though (with the non-stop traffic on 78) which probably killed it. Loganville is a prime location (it beats going 30 minutes to the Mall of GA BB or 30 minutes to the Gwinnett Place BB). Great strategy on their part (it will destroy those other 2 locations mentioned since it will be close to Lawrenceville which is the largest school system in GA). Hopefully it will become a Launch store (I camped out at the GP location for the 360 and PS3. Somewhat dangerous being next to the highway).[/quote]

I used to love the Stone Mountain Best Buy too. If anything, its location should have been a plus. I can't tell you how many times I stopped there to kill time on my way back from my job downtown to Grayson when traffic was terrible on 78 (probably like 3 times a week). As a result, I spent waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much money in there on video games and dvds.

bread's done
Back