Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='ZharTheMad']SM had 2 (Fables) but they disappeared (or were hid), like you stated, at the 30% off mark.[/quote]

I am assuming SM means St. Mtn. I live a few minutes from there and I check there a few times weekly.

Hey I decided to return the mercs 2 for the 360 I picked up 2 weeks ago. Before I do I figure I would give everyone a crack at it $10 shipped...

[quote name='kitlink']The borders at stonecrest mall is having a 50% off sale for it's entire stock of cds and dvds (excluding new releases) until april 20th. I picked up battlestar galactica seasons 3 and 4.0 and the El hazard: the wanderers box.[/quote]
Does that include Blu-rays?

Milton Target as of 8:30 monday night. For the most part 360 & DS games were wiped out

360 Bourne $14.98 (1 left)
360 NCAA 2008 Basketball $14.98 (several left)
DS End War $14.98 (several left)

Took some time to look at the other systems tonight. Most of the other clearance games were ps2 / ps3 and they were not on a endcap but with the games on the opposite side of the aisle with the $19.99-$29.99 games.

PS3 Rockband Special Edition $99.XX (2 left)
PS3 Bolt $20.98 (1 left)
PS3 Silent Hill $0.00 (1 left) Get them to pull last price
PS3 Rock Revolutions $13.98 (2 left)
PS3 Bioshock $27.98 (1 left)
PS3 Soul Calibur $34.98 (several left)
PS3 Blu Ray Bundle Remote, HDMI Cable, Movie $34.98 (several left)

PS2 Hummer Badlands $3.74 (1 left)
PS2 MX vs. ATX $13.98 (3 left)
PS2 Popstar Guitar $13.98 (several left)
PS2 Spiderman 3 $13.98 (2 left)
PS2 Thrillville $13.98 (2 left)
PS2 Avatar into Inferno $13.98 (several left)
PS2 Singstar Legends $7.48 (several left)
PS2 Suziki Superbikes $2.48 (2-3 left)

[quote name='animemaniac14']so no anime fans here? does anyone know/care about the 50% off best buy anime clearance?[/quote]

Wasn't much good at the Acworth BB when I stopped by last week. I bet they shipped off the good stuff to the stores that aren't closing out anime.

[quote name='dogmae']Wasn't much good at the Acworth BB when I stopped by last week. I bet they shipped off the good stuff to the stores that aren't closing out anime.[/QUOTE]
i dropped by the day after they started the sale and grabbed a bunch of stuff for my collection...and apparently a lot of the employees started grabbing stuff too and shortly after them people came in with shopping carts and began clearing out a lot of it. I'm wonderin if the ole switcharoo will work (i.e.: buying something at kennesaw BB and returning & rebuying it at the acworth store since acworth IS participating in the sale and Kennesaw is NOT)

I quit buying anime a while ago. There's only a few titles i deem worthy enough to own, and anime for the most part has been dogsh*t the last several years..and all the R1 companies keep licensing crap. I'll just stick to fansubs.

[quote name='animemaniac14']so no anime fans here? does anyone know/care about the 50% off best buy anime clearance?[/quote]

Yeah I'm pretty much done with the sale for now, but I was able to find a lot of great stuff at the buckhead, perimeter and especially the loganville and lavista locations.
Altogether I was able to pickup

In store

Afro samurai BD
ergo proxy complete
the girl who lept through time CE
appleseed ex machina Ltd BB ED
gunbuster vs diebuster BD
samurai 7 complete /w artbooks
gurren lagann (sub only) 2-3
phoenix complete (glitch free)
dokuro chan
step up love story
hare + guu vol 1 /w artbox
trinity blood viridian v4-6
southern cross/mospeda box
mushishi complete
code geass pt 2

At kisosk
Eureka seven v9-12/w box
code geass pt 1 (backordered)

Also, if anyone is interested there is a copy of the sorcerer hunters perfect collection hidden somewhere in the lavista location. I spent about an hour looking for it saturday with no luck.

VERY nice haul kitlink...I'll have to post mine when i get a chance...it's slightly bigger but that just means i took more out of savings -_-

Anyway, now i have ONE more thing to get (ok ok...a few more things)...you reminded me to order Eureka Seven Vol. 12 w/box at the Kiosk (since that's the last one I need)

I'm also wanting to get Baccano Vol. 1 w/artbox and Claymore Vol. 1 w/Artbox + 2 and 3..but no luck with the Claymore artbox ANYWHERE...would have also loved to convince employees to override SAMURAI 7 BLU-RAY but no luck...

My proudest achievement during this sale: AKIRA (Blu-Ray)...took 4 BB's to find it...

Austell Target (EW connector) is mostly cleaned out...no more silent hill or rock band se. Only things left:

two ps3 rock band track pack 2 for 7.48
one ps3 gh3 (game only) for 12.48
one pc star trek legacy for 10.49

also saints row 2..I think pc..for around 30

Don't bother going to the Marietta MicroCenter for Rock Band 2 Wii. Picked up the last one last night for El Gray. And confirmed there are no more Barnyard Blasts.

Anyone looking for a job in Marietta? Chemical company I worked for let 2 people go in the customer service department yesterday and we are hiring. Company I work for is OCI Chemical - website is www.ocichemical.com. If interested, let me know and I'll get you the info on where to send your resume to next week.

stopped by barret target
tomb raider underworld $14.98 last one
gh aerosmith 9.98 1 left
last remenant 14.98 1 left
fracture 9.98 1 left

[quote name='dcemantrades']stopped by barret target
tomb raider underworld $14.98 last one
gh aerosmith 9.98 1 left
last remenant 14.98 1 left
fracture 9.98 1 left[/quote]

I picked up the last GH:A 360 @ Barret Pkwy. Didn't see Fracture (someone else must have gotten that one) or Last Remnant.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Anybody seen any of the TE sticks for street fighter? I'm looking for one for the ps3, and one for xbox.[/quote]
No. I also would like one for 360 for myself. Not to flip.

To tell you the truth, since your original post (which was a while back), I've been looking for you and haven't seen them anywhere in GA. Did these sticks "fall off the truck" or something? All I see is this one guy on Craigslist constantly selling them for $400 (WTF?). I suspect employees nabbed the first shipments as soon as they came in, or this guy hit everyplace that had them on day 1.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I picked up the last GH:A 360 @ Barret Pkwy. Didn't see Fracture (someone else must have gotten that one) or Last Remnant.[/QUOTE]

Didn't see either one either. Did see 4 Rock Band SE for the PS3 for 67.98 though. There's one or two Tomb Raider Underworlds & Bourne Conspiracy at Dallas Hwy for 14.98. Saw a Bioshock for the PS3 there and @ Barrett for 19.98. Picked up the last pink 360 controller for 24.98 @ Dallas Hwy. Had to go all the way up to Cartersville to find the last Last Remnant @ 14.98. They also had a few Spider Man Web of Shadows @ 14.98 there for the PS3.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']To tell you the truth, since your original post (which was a while back), I've been looking for you and haven't seen them anywhere in GA. Did these sticks "fall off the truck" or something? All I see is this one guy on Craigslist constantly selling them for $400 (WTF?). I suspect employees nabbed the first shipments as soon as they came in, or this guy hit everyplace that had them on day 1.[/quote]

this is most likely very true...since they were so profitable GS emp's or some flipper in atl prob got ALL OF THEM...hope he gets banned from GS for being a dealer..

[quote name='animemaniac14']this is most likely very true...since they were so profitable GS emp's or some flipper in atl prob got ALL OF THEM...hope he gets banned from GS for being a dealer..[/QUOTE]
Tell me about it. I don't mind flippers (we all flip for one reason or another). I flip to get me and my son the games we want w/o paying $60 for them (or $120 if we want to play it together on XBL). It wasn't like each GS had 10-20 of them (more like 5 or less), so to hoard them kind of sucks (and bad karma).

It reminds me of the piece of *rap mom and her 3 kids (none of them older than 14) who stood outside with me during the 360 launch and grabbed 4 consoles. Remember that was a school night!

Or the lady who pulled up in a Mercedes during the PS3 launch with 2 "Day Laborers" who stood outside with me in the cold all day and night with small jackets on while she went home (and didn't come back until 10 minutes before they opened the door the next day).

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']To tell you the truth, since your original post (which was a while back), I've been looking for you and haven't seen them anywhere in GA. Did these sticks "fall off the truck" or something? All I see is this one guy on Craigslist constantly selling them for $400 (WTF?). I suspect employees nabbed the first shipments as soon as they came in, or this guy hit everyplace that had them on day 1.[/quote]
I appreciate you and everybody else keeping an eye out.

Yeah, I talked to that guy from craig's list actually. I don't even know how he came across the stick. Shit is amazing.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Or the lady who pulled up in a Mercedes during the PS3 launch with 2 "Day Laborers" who stood outside with me in the cold all day and night with small jackets on while she went home (and didn't come back until 10 minutes before they opened the door the next day).[/quote]

Hey, that was an easy day for them. Usually, she makes them fuck her and then weed the yard.

[quote name='Tybee']Hey, that was an easy day for them. Usually, she makes them fuck her and then weed the yard.[/QUOTE]
LMAO!! I think I'm going to hell for laughing at that one!!

Hey guys I have a question for some ATL CAGs. Anyone have a Wii Fit and how would you rate it? Anyone seen a Wii Fit at Best Buy recently (I have some reward zone coupons I want to use)?

Thanks!

[quote name='gsugator']Hey guys I have a question for some ATL CAGs. Anyone have a Wii Fit and how would you rate it? Anyone seen a Wii Fit at Best Buy recently (I have some reward zone coupons I want to use)?

Thanks![/quote]

It is the least used peripheral I have ever bought. My wife used it regularly for about 2 weeks; Now it is collecting dust under the TV armoire.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']It is the least used peripheral I have ever bought. My wife used it regularly for about 2 weeks; Now it is collecting dust under the TV armoire.[/quote]

Thanks. That's exactly what I think would happen if I bought one. My girlfriend and I would use it for a few weeks then it would collect dust along with the Wii. Wonder if I can find a used one for a good price.

[quote name='gsugator']Thanks. That's exactly what I think would happen if I bought one. My girlfriend and I would use it for a few weeks then it would collect dust along with the Wii. Wonder if I can find a used one for a good price.[/quote]

Try Craigslist...I'll bet there are a ton of them.

[quote name='gsugator']Thanks. That's exactly what I think would happen if I bought one. My girlfriend and I would use it for a few weeks then it would collect dust along with the Wii. Wonder if I can find a used one for a good price.[/quote]
My Wii Fit's also collecting dust underneath the entertainment center. Wife used it religiously for about a month and a half. Now it's lucky to see the light of day once or twice a week (and she uses it only to try to beat her high scores when she's bored). Thought it was the perfect gift without "implying anything". Oh well...

As for the Wii, everyone who comes over my house love playing it (not my 2 kids and wife I originally bought it for). However, Madworld looks very interesting. It's an "mature themed" game, so it will more than likely "tank" on the Wii (awaiting a serious price drop soon).

Same old story here. bought a Wii at launch and sold it over a year later. With the lack of PSP games and lack of time just parted with my launch PSP in the last month. Now its a 360/DS household only.

Anyone else debating about selling the DS lite now and picking up a DSi. If I wasn't still sitting on 2 houses we probably jump at it, but I really don't see any killer reason to move to the DSi at this time...

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Anyone know why all the roads change names at L-ville Hwy?[/quote]

It's like that all over the metro area. There's no logical explanation for it.

[quote name='neocisco']It's like that all over the metro area. There's no logical explanation for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm trying to impress the big boss. Didn't know if it was anything special about that road.

[quote name='kjauburn']Same old story here. bought a Wii at launch and sold it over a year later. With the lack of PSP games and lack of time just parted with my launch PSP in the last month. Now its a 360/DS household only.

Anyone else debating about selling the DS lite now and picking up a DSi. If I wasn't still sitting on 2 houses we probably jump at it, but I really don't see any killer reason to move to the DSi at this time...[/quote]
Nintendo Dsi:

Bigger Screen - Never been a problem, but you can always buy one of those magnifiers for $5 for your DSL.
Music Player - I already have an ipod and can play music on my phone
2 Cameras - Already have 1 and 1 on my phone
Internet Browsing - Already have the DS Lite Browser which I use when I can't get to a computer or can just use my phone.
No GBA slot - (WTF?) - Was this their answer to the r4 cards? If so, they have already failed (new cards for the DSi are out)
SD Slot only and not alot of memory - Great..so when me or my kids lose the card filled with stuff (pictures, etc) I'm royally scr**ed.
Countless numbers of Reviewers telling everyone if you already have a DSL, don't get it.
$40 more than the DS Lite - The real deal breaker - I don't want to get scr**ed over when they drop the price to $130-$150 around Xmas.

The DSL's should start dropping in price like hotcakes by August. My screens are looking pretty rough.

Save your money or wait for BB to have another $150-$200 special on iphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CocheseUGA']Yeah, I'm trying to impress the big boss. Didn't know if it was anything special about that road.[/quote]

In that case, the path that Sherman took through Atlanta ran remarkbly similar to the L-ville Hwy and, in the decades following the war, became a strong point of contention between the local councilmen of the surrounding townships. They didn't want to accept the street names that others had already chosen and decided to give the same road a different name within their limits, thus causing confusion for untold amounts of people for years and years.

How's that?:D

[quote name='RoninChaos']Yo, anybody have a copy of Final Fantasy VI advance? I lost my copy this weekend. I'm very irritated about it.[/QUOTE]

you wouldn't by chance be the one msg's me on craigslist would you? cuz i have someone msg's me who says they need one...just be too ironic if it wasn't you...

first off that's hilarious. Yeah I would laugh if i wasn't in a library. Funny thing is I used to have two copies of VI:gba:. They were $20 so I picked up three originally. I think I'm down to one now. I still haven't started IV though. man. So many FF so little gaming time.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Nintendo Dsi:
No GBA slot - (WTF?) - Was this their answer to the r4 cards? If so, they have already failed (new cards for the DSi are out)[/quote]naa the new firmware updates are the 'solution to the R4 problem'. Far as I recall the R4 doesn't use the GBA slot for anything unless you want to play a physical GBA cart.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Anyone know why all the roads change names at L-ville Hwy?[/quote]

lol Ponce

don't you mean Scott Boulevard?

no, i mean Ponce

lol Scott Boulevard

Damn I was excited when I picked up RockBand for $38 w/ tax. Completely forgot every frakin instrument is wired. I realized it when I started to take it out of the box. Great deal but between size and frakin wires.

I think we all are spoiled with the wireless controllers. I would have picked up the flight stick for ace combat if it was wireless...

[quote name='kjauburn']Damn I was excited when I picked up RockBand for $38 w/ tax. Completely forgot every frakin instrument is wired. I realized it when I started to take it out of the box. Great deal but between size and frakin wires.

I think we all are spoiled with the wireless controllers. I would have picked up the flight stick for ace combat if it was wireless...[/quote]
How much was that?

Saw a few rock bands for ps3 at the super target off 92 in roswell for $70 - you guys think it's worth grabbing or should I hold out for a sale on RB2?

Anyone mind picking me up a copy of 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (360) for $20 from MicroCenter today/this morning? Earliest I can go is 7pm as I don't get off work till 6pm and I'm pretty sure all the copies will be gone by then. I'll even come to you to pick it up.

Update: There's rumors abound that claim that if you order online for the full price they will price adjust it when you pick it up today. So I tried to order from the Marietta store which claimed it had 3, but I received a cancellation. I then proceeded to order from the Duluth store which claimed it had one and almost immediately I received a conformation. So wish me luck going to Duluth for the price adjust.

bread's done
Back