Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

I think Roswell, Sandy Springs, Mall of Ga and one out by the Home Depot off of Sandy Plains Road. There may be more. Blue ray prices are great there. I have not paid full price for a movie in years.

[quote name='Felder71']Man, $5 Rock Revolution...for that price, you really have to consider it.[/quote]I'm pretty new to GH having just picked up 2,3, and aerosmith at 75% at Target recently and I just opened the RB I recently got at a YMMV Best Buy clearance. So keep that and the fact that I don't have a drum set in mind when I say that RR for $5 is worth it. From the reviews I figured it would be trash and I would try it and trade it in right away, but it seems fun after playing a few songs. The covers are a disappointing choice, but are good so far. It takes a little bit of getting used to the way the notes drop straight down the screen, but I understand it's the way Konami has always handled that in beatmania games or whatever, and it's not that bad. It seems like a good cheap way to play more GH/RB style games if you've exhausted their song selections and DLC, especially @ $5. I have heard the drums are crap and that you can adjust the game to use drums from other games.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I got the last Goldfinger :br: at Dallas Hwy Target. I was surprised that now Thunderball is gone everywhere.[/quote]I have a pair of the DVD sets including Goldfinger. Any real difference that would make me want to upgrade?

[quote name='jdawgg76']I have a pair of the DVD sets including Goldfinger. Any real difference that would make me want to upgrade?[/quote]

Well they are really cheap right now, and the reviews for the HD remastering are pretty good, depending on the version you have the commentary and extras may make it worth it. I had a Target register receipt coupon for $5 off a Bond DVD and it luckily worked on the :br: making it $10. I also have $5 RR MGM :br: coupon but I can't find it right now. I am going to price match the others at BBy.

Goldfinger, Thunderball, From Russia with Love and a few others I buy on each new media format regardless. (So for me it's a no-brainer)

Just a heads up CAGs. Target just marked down Singstar Pop vol 2 (PS2) to $7.48. Base TIV @ GS is 12.00. Topped off with 5 other games and you got a sweet deal. I wouldn't expect this TIV to last long.

Another thing, Manhunt (PS2) just got recalled (I went to grab this afternoon when I spotted it for $3.48) at Target. I took it up to the register and the guy told me it's been recalled (he couldn't sell it to me).

Spotted a lady at the Target near Northlake grabbing games yesterday. She was at the register having all kind of games rung up. By time I went around to the end, most of the clearanced games were gone. I'm preying she was a CAG and not some random person (if she's just a random person, I fear the "jig" is up at that Target (hope she doesn't tell her girlfriends). She was cute though.

Also at Target, FC2 was marked down to $27.98 on Ptree Pky (which is weird because I just saw it put out for $41.98 at another Target). There were about 5-6 copies there. I guess it's YMMV.

Target prices are sorta YMMV as different stores may be ahead of other stores from week to week, ie: FC2 was 50% @ one store and 30% @ another store which will PROBABLY mark it down next week.

Speaking of which, which store had Singstar Pop Vol 2 at that price, I want one to play and most around here still have it @ 20.

Recall on Manhunt seems to be BS. Did it ring up out of system?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Target prices are sorta YMMV as different stores may be ahead of other stores from week to week, ie: FC2 was 50% @ one store and 30% @ another store which will PROBABLY mark it down next week.

Speaking of which, which store had Singstar Pop Vol 2 at that price, I want one to play and most around here still have it @ 20.

Recall on Manhunt seems to be BS. Did it ring up out of system?[/QUOTE]
That price on Singstar Pop Vol. 2 was at just about every Target I went to (Ptree Pky and others with the exception of the Northlake location. I think the lady cleaned them out).

Manhunt rang up at the register (I even saw it on the lcd facing me), but it must have said something on the cashier screen (like "recalled..do not sell") The guy was cool and said "it has been recalled and he would get fired for selling it to me" (and then immediately grabbed the other 6 copies that were there). I'm not sure what that was about. I'm hoping it was a "one time thing" and Target is not getting a "conscious" toward certain types of games. I would have made a stink about it (which I usually do to success), but it wasn't worth it. He was a really nice guy, just doing his job and I just needed it as a "filler" to put my trade in games at 6 (and Sears has it at the same price). Oh yeah, once we moved to the other register, the manager had to come over and override the register it was on (I guess it locked the machine up).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']

Manhunt rang up at the register (I even saw it on the lcd facing me), but it must have said something on the cashier screen (like "recalled..do not sell") The guy was cool and said "it has been recalled and he would get fired for selling it to me" (and then immediately grabbed the other 6 copies that were there). I'm not sure what that was about. I'm hoping it was a "one time thing" and Target is not getting a "conscious" toward certain types of games. I would have made a stink about it (which I usually do to success), but it wasn't worth it. He was a really nice guy, just doing his job and I just needed it as a "filler" to put my trade in games at 6 (and Sears has it at the same price). Oh yeah, once we moved to the other register, the manager had to come over and override the register it was on (I guess it locked the machine up).[/QUOTE]

This just seems odd to me, first, because we haven't heard of their being any official recall on the game, and second, the PS2 version of Manhunt is several years old now, so why would it be recalled at this point?

Damn, the Atlanta market really sucks for trying to find cars with manual transmissions.

I'm in the market for an used Acura TL and manuals are rarer than a good Target ad.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Damn, the Atlanta market really sucks for trying to find cars with manual transmissions.

I'm in the market for an used Acura TL and manuals are rarer than a good Target ad.[/quote]

Perhaps you've mistaken CAG for Cheap Ass Gearshift? ;)

[quote name='h3llbring3r']If anyone sees any Goldfinger BRs at Target please post.[/QUOTE]

They had it last night at the SuperTarget at Perimeter/Dunwoody.

I also picked up 2x of the PS3 remote/HDMI/Blu-ray packs that had T2 in them for $12.48. They had Transporter 2 and LoEG at that price, too, but I left those. I may return these, though-- there's a new T2 Blu coming out soon, so the intended friends aren't interested in them. Anyone else need a cheap T2 Blu + cable + remote?

[quote name='Tybee']Perhaps you've mistaken CAG for Cheap Ass Gearshift? ;)[/QUOTE]

Cheap Ass Gearhead.

Cars will always come before games to me. Especially now with an 80 mile commute.

[quote name='Felder71']This just seems odd to me, first, because we haven't heard of their being any official recall on the game, and second, the PS2 version of Manhunt is several years old now, so why would it be recalled at this point?[/quote]Does seem odd, but it seems like I heard of this type of rumor somewhere before.
[quote name='CocheseUGA']Damn, the Atlanta market really sucks for trying to find cars with manual transmissions.

I'm in the market for an used Acura TL and manuals are rarer than a good Target ad.[/quote]That's a sweet ride, but are you sure you want a stickshift in ATL traffic. . .
[quote name='CocheseUGA']Cheap Ass Gearhead.

Cars will always come before games to me. Especially now with an 80 mile commute.[/quote]. . . especially with that commute! Then again, I have a 2001 Impreza 2.5 (the last good body style) with a stickshift. It's a lot of fun, but sitting on the 85 parking lot and rolling up a little every now and then is a serious pain in the ass. I used Carmax to get my car, prices are fair, usually below blue book, and no pain in the neck haggling. The best part is they'll transfer a car to you from other stores so there's a lot more to choose from. That helped me since there were no imprezas for sale around here.

[quote name='El Gray']They had it last night at the SuperTarget at Perimeter/Dunwoody.

I also picked up 2x of the PS3 remote/HDMI/Blu-ray packs that had T2 in them for $12.48. They had Transporter 2 and LoEG at that price, too, but I left those. I may return these, though-- there's a new T2 Blu coming out soon, so the intended friends aren't interested in them. Anyone else need a cheap T2 Blu + cable + remote?[/quote]I've been debating picking that up if I find it at that price or getting T2 for 10 at Wallyworld until they announced the new version. The current transfer is supposedly really good and I don't know if I need to pay more for the extra stuff I may not get around to watching since it's hard enough to find time to watch stuff or play my gigantic backlog which may be the biggest in this thread. I noticed there are now over 100 games in my xbox profile and most I've just checked to make sure they work and then there are the unopened games. What's LoEG stand for anyway?

[quote name='jdawgg76']
That's a sweet ride, but are you sure you want a stickshift in ATL traffic. . .
. . . especially with that commute! Then again, I have a 2001 Impreza 2.5 (the last good body style) with a stickshift. It's a lot of fun, but sitting on the 85 parking lot and rolling up a little every now and then is a serious pain in the ass. I used Carmax to get my car, prices are fair, usually below blue book, and no pain in the neck haggling. The best part is they'll transfer a car to you from other stores so there's a lot more to choose from. That helped me since there were no imprezas for sale around here.
[/QUOTE]

I've been driving a stick for years, and can't think of driving anything else on a regular basis. I'm always trying to shift in the CR-V.

Traffic isn't too bad, especially in the mornings. I do a 40 mile drive in around 35-40 minutes on a regular basis. The drive home takes right around an hour if there aren't any major problems. I actually enjoy the morning commute. Well I will, once I buy the new car.

I'm in the market for an used Acura TL and manuals are rarer than a good Target ad.[/quote]
I know what you mean. About a year ago, I was looking for a manual IS300 everywhere (at a reasonable price and one that wasn't "modded". I like everything factory, then mod it if I CHOOSE) and had no such luck. I end up getting it in an automatic.

[quote name='El Gray']Anyone else need a cheap T2 Blu + cable + remote?[/QUOTE]

I'm interested in T2 and I'm also interested in the Transporter 2 and LoEG.

[quote name='jdawgg76']What's LoEG stand for anyway?[/QUOTE]

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I'm interested in T2 and I'm also interested in the Transporter 2 and LoEG.

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen[/QUOTE]

Likewise I need a cheap ps3 remote - you said that they're marked down at targets?

Yeah, they're marked down at all Targets, but the markdowns vary. Most stores still have them at $35 (originally $50). This store (Perimeter SuperTarget) was the first one I'd seen with them at 75% off.

There were probably 2-3 each of League and Trans2. I got the only two T2s I saw. I could meet you at ATL Station Target one evening, Zhar, if you'd like one of these for $14.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']League of Extraordinary Gentlemen[/quote]Thanks, despite the negative reviews I liked that movie a lot. May have to watch for those packs.

[quote name='Felder71']Anyone seen Mirror's Edge 360 clearanced at Targets yet? $27.86 would be a biting point for me.[/quote]

Not yet. Also, all the :br: / remote / HDMI packs OTP on the marietta side I have seen have been $34.

The walmart on Howell Mill had PGR 4 for 360 for 10 bucks, about 8 of them there if you are interested (located in the glass case between the two video game aisles). They finally corrected the price of pokemon diamond and ranger back to MSRP unfortunately.

Some new $10 games of note at walmart in snellville:
360 Ace Combat 6 PH (1 copy)
360 FEAR Files (3)
PS3 F1 Racing game (1)
PS3 Folklore (8 copies)

All of those are good for the price, but if you get F1 you better love sim racing as it's pretty strict, but fun. Still have a few Golden Compass 360, Simpsons PS3 and other stuff.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Some new $10 games of note at walmart in snellville:
360 FEAR Files (3)
PS3 F1 Racing game (1)
PS3 Folklore (8 copies)

All of those are good for the price, but if you get F1 you better love sim racing as it's pretty strict, but fun. Still have a few Golden Compass 360, Simpsons PS3 and other stuff.[/quote]

Damn...I need that Ace Combat, but Snellville is hella far from where I'm at right now. If anyone can swing by and snag it for me, I'll make it worth their while. Probably gone by now anyway. :(

h3llbring3r, you really need to get Cheapy to give you a bigger PM box... :)

Here's a snippet of a PM I just tried to send you.

"Hey, I shipped those games today.

I would of done it on Tuesday, but this week at work has been pretty crazy to say the least.

I didn't even have time to go to the post office today so I just shipped it FedEx from work.

The tracking number is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You should probably have it tomorrow."

[quote name='Felder71']Anyone seen Mirror's Edge 360 clearanced at Targets yet? $27.86 would be a biting point for me.[/QUOTE]

7x copies for 360 at this price at Atlantic Station as of an hour ago.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Some new $10 games of note at walmart in snellville:
360 FEAR Files (3)
PS3 F1 Racing game (1)
PS3 Folklore (8 copies)

All of those are good for the price, but if you get F1 you better love sim racing as it's pretty strict, but fun. Still have a few Golden Compass 360, Simpsons PS3 and other stuff.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this. I went in and Ace Combat 6 was already gone. Bummer too, because I was really looking for it at this price. Thanks for the update though.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Thanks for posting this. I went in and Ace Combat 6 was already gone. Bummer too, because I was really looking for it at this price. Thanks for the update though.[/quote]

And thanks for posting that it is gone. Glad I didn't drive all the way out there...I almost did, but at the last minute didn't make the turn, deciding it would only end in heartache.

I dunno if it's been listed, but I saw the complete Rock Band 1 game (drums, mic, guitar, game) at the Target off of Johnson's Ferry Road for 34 bucks today.

[quote name='Risky']I dunno if it's been listed, but I saw the complete Rock Band 1 game (drums, mic, guitar, game) at the Target off of Johnson's Ferry Road for 34 bucks today.[/QUOTE] MUst be a late drop as I was there Wednesday and it was stil 68.XX.

[quote name='mitch079']MUst be a late drop as I was there Wednesday and it was stil 68.XX.[/quote]

Yeah, the sign still said $68 but they put a $34 on the box and it scanned at that price. Didn't get it though, waiting to try and get Valkyria Chronicles on Sunday from Gamestop.

Riverside Target had 2 Mirror's Edge 360, now down to 1, for $28. Nothing else of interest except a few copies of Bolt PS3 for $15. Remember, they have the clearance items over by the CDs/Books, and not that close to the video games.

Anyone know which GameStops, if any, are doing the DSi release tonight? I wanna get in to get a few games from the Game Days. I would rather not have to call all of them, but I will if I need to....

EDIT: They finally put the list on the site.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']h3llbring3r, you really need to get Cheapy to give you a bigger PM box... :)

Here's a snippet of a PM I just tried to send you.

"Hey, I shipped those games today.

I would of done it on Tuesday, but this week at work has been pretty crazy to say the least.

I didn't even have time to go to the post office today so I just shipped it FedEx from work.

The tracking number is: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You should probably have it tomorrow."[/quote]

I agree, but then again, he wont give Wombat one so I imagine I am not going to rate a bigger one.

Send him an email on my behalf. My trade list is too big.

Picked up GH Aerosmith w/Guitar at Permiter BB for 23.99. Shelf tag said 31.99 on clearence. I was gonna get the GS deal but wanted another wireless guitar.

And the strum bar does not work moving down. Back to the store it goes.

There was one Soul Calibur 4 PS3 at Edgewood Target tonight for $25. It's on the 2nd clearance endcap-- not the one with most of the clearance games on it.

Nothing else too interesting. Some girly DS games that need to be marked down a lot more before they sell.

[quote name='slv-chris']Picked up GH Aerosmith w/Guitar at Permiter BB for 23.99. Shelf tag said 31.99 on clearence. I was gonna get the GS deal but wanted another wireless guitar.

And the strum bar does not work moving down. Back to the store it goes.[/QUOTE]

Just buy GH:A at another store and return the broken one there...

Druid Hills Target had a bunch of Far Cry 2's for 20 bucks this afternoon. Saw a fellow CAG down there looking for Mirror's Edge (they didn't have a copy).

[quote name='CocheseUGA']To whoever PM'd me - yes, it's in great condition. No, I don't want a lot for it.

Sorry, can't browse from work.[/quote]

It was me. PM'd ya again.

bread's done
Back