Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Picked up Lips for $12.48. I left 1 copy, PM me for location.

Everyone in the main Target Clearance thread is getting Left 4 Dead for $12.48. Which Targets in metro ATL have it at that price?

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to find out who is hording from the Atlantic Station Target....

2 weeks ago Sunday there were 28+ PoPs (360) there at 50% off the next day (Monday) they drop to 75% and they are all gone before the evening!!

Same thing for yesterday: 2-3 Saints Row 2, 2 Monsters vs. Aliens, and 1 LotR:Conquest all at 50% and today they drop to 75% and they are all GONE!! :cry:

I really wanted the LotR: Conquest. I enjoyed the demo.

Seems like during the summer months hoarding explodes- I think it's kid flippers and ebayers. My stores are getting raped, same as last summer.

Everything that was $12 or less with this drop was gone before I got there. Including all the PoPs, MK vs DC, NFS, & L4D (giant stack of L4D was gone today before 3pm). I just wanted 1.

Man, for such a long time now, I thought all of the ATL CAGs were the good kind and wouldn't do the Wal-Mart thing like so many of the other CAGs in the other threads do. Sad to see that dishonesty and fraud affects even ATL CAGs...... :(

Anybody seen a Left 4 Dead at any of the Targets around Kennesaw/Woodstock or were they all whisked away with the others?

Sorry guys, but I have no lost love for Walmart. They did a family member of mine very dirty, but they unfortunately had better lawyers. Sadly if you have enough $, you can throw an individuals rights out the window because your high priced lawyer knows just how to spin it.

[quote name='Supes']Sorry guys, but I have no lost love for Walmart. They did a family member of mine very dirty, but they unfortunately had better lawyers. Sadly if you have enough $, you can throw an individuals rights out the window because your high priced lawyer knows just how to spin it.[/QUOTE]

Two wrongs my friend.

I have no love for Wal-Mart either, but crime is crime. Also, there are people who legitimately want those games. You can keep stuff like that to yourself in the future.

There's a lot of companies, things, people I don't like, but I wouldn't commit a crime to get even. Wal-Mart may have genuinely done you wrong in the past, but doing what you did completely wipes that away.

In the future, can we leave talks about crime to the main threads where it seems to flow like water? One thing I really like about the ATL thread is how well everyone gets along and how everyone seems so genuine, friendly, honest and law-abiding.......

Until today, I guess. Let's make today the one and only exception.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I want to find out who is hording from the Atlantic Station Target....

2 weeks ago Sunday there were 28+ PoPs (360) there at 50% off the next day (Monday) they drop to 75% and they are all gone before the evening!!

Same thing for yesterday: 2-3 Saints Row 2, 2 Monsters vs. Aliens, and 1 LotR:Conquest all at 50% and today they drop to 75% and they are all GONE!! :cry:

I really wanted the LotR: Conquest. I enjoyed the demo.[/QUOTE]

It's possible that there is a video game-savvy employee working there. Could be an inside job. ;)

[quote name='Supes']Sorry guys, but I have no lost love for Walmart. They did a family member of mine very dirty, but they unfortunately had better lawyers. Sadly if you have enough $, you can throw an individuals rights out the window because your high priced lawyer knows just how to spin it.[/QUOTE]

Add me to the pile of folks that hate and actively boycott WalMart. But I also agree that your method of retribution is self-serving, misguided, and actually hurts other CAGs more than it does WalMart. Beyond that, it's flat out illegal. You seem genuinely repentant, so hopefully you learned your lesson.

[quote name='gsugator']Picked up Lips for $12.48. I left 1 copy, PM me for location.

Everyone in the Target Clearance thread is getting Left 4 Dead for $$12.48. Which Targets in metro ATL have it at that price?[/QUOTE]

Not Edgewood, I know that much.

I still hope you get banned.

I saw a couple of L4Ds in a case today and forgot to have them scanned. I may have to go by there tomorrow anyway or I could pm anyone who wants to go get it themself. No guarantee they're 75% off, but most other stuff from that drop range there was or should have been if they weren't sold out like GH3 and Wheelman.

[quote name='Tybee']It's possible that there is a video game-savvy employee working there. Could be an inside job. ;)

Add me to the pile of folks that hate and actively boycott WalMart. But I also agree that your method of retribution is self-serving, misguided, and actually hurts other CAGs more than it does WalMart. Beyond that, it's flat out illegal. You seem genuinely repentant, so hopefully you learned your lesson.[/QUOTE]

I thought Walmart had done away with the return without receipt policy. I also saw 3 guys got arrested for returning games to Walmart with blank discs inside on wsbtv.com.

[quote name='Wolfkin']anyone going to see Transformers 1 on Thursday at Atlantic Station?[/QUOTE]

No, but seriously considering Ghostbusters at Screen on the Green (Piedmont Park) that night.

Also, avoid Transformers 2: http://www.chud.com/articles/articles/19917/1/TRANSFORMERS039-LITTLE-BLACK-SAMBOTS/Page1.html

and

http://movieblog.ugo.com/movies/is-transformers-2-racist

not to mention,

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090623/REVIEWS/906239997

(full disclosure: I wasn't a fan of the first one, either)

Last edited by a moderator:
you don't need to convince me I saw the first one if it wasn't for my nephews I'd probably never see the second. Instead I might be seeing it as my first IMAX movie.

alright that UGO article is kinda weak sauce. cliches aren't the same as stereotypes. it's the most annoying article because I kinda DO feel that jazz was a racial stereotype in the first movie and mudflap and whatever-his-name-was probably will be as well but the rest of the article was just random cliches=stereotypes. bah.

I had no idea GB was on the same night. it's no contest then.

I can't believe I am going to be out of town and miss Ghostbusters on the big screen @ SotG. Damn it, me and my brother's saw it five times in the theater that Summer back in 84. Oh well- I bet the Micro Center deal will be a knock-out/ must buy too.

Judging from this thread alot of people missed out on the Target drops so if anybody wants me to try to pick up a game for them LMK. I can probably get WWE, NFS, LOTR:C, Left 4 Dead, the movie trivia game, banjo kazooie and maybe some others I'm forgetting at the moment. Haven't seen a Lips though.

PM box has room now.

I was poking around at a Target just curious if I could find a stashed or misplaced game and I looked behind a GH:WT band kit box and found a GoW that was on clearance a while back. Of course, it had been slashed open. Some people kill me. This makes me glad that the Sidney Marcus started putting clearance games in security cases. The Snellville location has several budget/clearance games strapped with antitheft devices as well. As someone who has twice bought games that were slickly gutted I'm glad they're finally doing this.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']L4D evaporated, I bet there is a sh*t ton on eBay. I am about to give up on it.[/QUOTE]

I saw some at edgewood this weekend behind the glass, and they weren't clearance-stickred.

There's a Loco Roco 2 at Cobb Parkway Target for 4.98, and a bunch of PoP 360s clearanced for (I think) 14.98 behind the glass

For those several who have pmed about L4D, I'll see what's left on Friday at the Target by my work that had it (off today), but they only had a couple of copies by the looks of it. Both stores I saw L4D had them IN the glass case BEHIND the GTOY copies and I just looked closely for the red stripe on the front of the case of the games behind the front copy. I suggest trying this as people in the target thread scored like that as well, especially look at targets which never had any L4Ds out on the endcap as they never may have been noticed as in stock and put on the clearance racks if they were doublestacked with GOTYs by employees not realizing a difference. It's a great game and worth a shot to look again as I'll probably only come up with 3 copies max compared to 6 pms plus it'll save you shipping which I'm not gouging, but I can't come up under on.

If anyone in the North Atlanta area is interested in this deal, many titles can be found at the West Marietta target on Dallas Highway for less than 15 dollars. There clearance section (table) had stacks of Wheelman, Monsters versus Aliens, Smackdown vs Raw 2009, Saints Row 2, and some other clearance titles. Plus they had more behind the glass. Just look for the red tags. It's the only place on this side of the city where I could find any clearance titles still available.

wtf? i've bought games at Circuit City (R.I.P.) and walmart before and heard horror stories of them coming with CD-R's already inside..the scammers or the scammees? hmmm

i bought Kameo when it was on clearance at sears about 2 years back over at Cumberland for 3 bucks, and i got it home and it was empty. For 3 bucks, i just laughed. For 60, i'd have been ready to murder.

[quote name='El Gray']So, sounds like the Carrolton Walmart was not a good place to buy games in recent months:

3 Men Arrested for Xbox Game Scam
http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/news/3_Men_Arrested_for_Xbox_Game_Scam_062409

"CARROLLTON, Ga. (MyFOX ATLANTA) - Police said Wednesday that three men were arrested for a scam involving Xbox games. Investigators said the men bought the games, and returned them to the stores with blank CDs inside."[/QUOTE]

hmmmmmmm...

[quote name='Supes']Did a nice flip over the weekend. Got R&C and GT5 Prologue from the Hiram SuperTarget for $14.98 and $9.98. Got $30/ea for them at Walmart. Still had some more R&C.[/QUOTE]

>_>

[quote name='gsugator']I'm going to make my weekly Monday trek to local Targets today. I will report back.[/QUOTE]Anything you're expecting to hit the 75% off mark? FEAR2 just hit 50% last week.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Anything you're expecting to hit the 75% off mark? FEAR2 just hit 50% last week.[/QUOTE]

No I'm not really expecting much this week being that I had some nice scores last week. What I want to see is which games get their 1st markdowns.

There are four copies of Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts for $9.98 at the Cobb Pkwy Target as of 2:30. They're on an endcap, not behind glass. Only clearance games I saw.

The game is supposed to be highly underrated and quite a bit of fun, so I grabbed one.

Picked up :360: NFS:Undercover for $12.48 at GP Target. Reviews look horrible, does anybody have this? Just wondering if it's worth it....

I'll check the Cartersville & Acworth Super Target after work to see if anything is going on. They tend to leave alot of stuff in their glass cases so its to spot unmarked games if you have a list ahead of time.

went to edgewood target last night, looks like HAWX for 360 has hit the first round of clearances. Fantastic game, would definitely be worth picking up at 50% off, probably won't survive to final round of price cuts.

[quote name='Enron']went to edgewood target last night, looks like HAWX for 360 has hit the first round of clearances. Fantastic game, would definitely be worth picking up at 50% off, probably won't survive to final round of price cuts.[/QUOTE]

What's that put it at? $30? Might pick it up at that price. Really enjoyed the demo.

[quote name='Tybee']What's that put it at? $30? Might pick it up at that price. Really enjoyed the demo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 50% off of it would be 30.

Target in Lawrenceville (120 in the same shopping center as the Home Depot and The movie theatre) has WWE SVR 09 for $12.48 (3 copies left as of 1130 hours). I grabbed one for later (hopefully Legends of Wrestlemania will drop soon and I can import the wrestlers from SVR into that).

They also had Pokemon Sapphire and Emerald (GBA) on the clearance rack at $24.XX
(4 copies of each).

Wii Summer Sports at $13.XX (more than 3 copies left).

WWE SVR is good trade bait at GS ($16 or if you're missing that last game for FNR 4 or the % trade in value). Hope this helps a fellow CAG out.

Target Snellville Hwy 124 has a bunch of Fear 2 and H.A.W.K. for $41.98, and a few copies of the 50 Cent game at the same price point. I also saw some Tiger Woods 09 Wii for $24.98 (but why would you buy that when Tiger Woods 10 with Motion Plus is so awesome).

Fear2 is down to I believe it was $24.98 at the Target in Hiram and they had a ton of them. Also still some non-GOTY L4D in the case. They are in the GOTY slot though which is marked $59.99 but as we all know they are $12.48.

I asked the clerk to scan it for me because I didn't think $59.99 was right. She said, "Ok, but it'll probably be the same." Then she was shocked when it came up $12.48. "That can't be right she said."

LoL

Saw one copy of Saint's Row Collector's Edition for $35 at the Best Buy at Sidney Marcus. I was tempted to pick it up, but decided to hold off.

[quote name='chrisd']Saw one copy of Saint's Row Collector's Edition for $35 at the Best Buy at Sidney Marcus. I was tempted to pick it up, but decided to hold off.[/QUOTE]

You know you can find the normal edition for $13 at some Targets? The Perimeter store had a bunch late last week, specifically.

[quote name='El Gray']You know you can find the normal edition for $13 at some Targets? The Perimeter store had a bunch late last week, specifically.[/QUOTE]
Dang, wish I hadn't read that, now I may have to run up there on my day off tomorrow.

bread's done
Back