Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Definitely missed the boat on the L4D deal. No copies at North Point or Perimeter Target. If anyone finds any left over after snapping up one for yourself, report back in.

To the above - there's still quite a few Saint's Row at Perimeter, if I recall correctly.

Does anyone ever hit the Tucker Target right off 285? It's a bit out of the way for me, but I never see anyone post anything about that one that I can remember. So, I don't know if this means no one goes there, or they never have anything. I may try to get by there tomorrow, but that means going to downtown, midtown/buckhead, perimeter and Tucker while trying to fit in Wimbledon viewing in the morning and some game playing time.

[quote name='Jerry-kun']Definitely missed the boat on the L4D deal. No copies at North Point or Perimeter Target. If anyone finds any left over after snapping up one for yourself, report back in.

To the above - there's still quite a few Saint's Row at Perimeter, if I recall correctly.[/QUOTE]

Still a bunch left at the Hiram Supertarget

[quote name='El Gray']You know you can find the normal edition for $13 at some Targets? The Perimeter store had a bunch late last week, specifically.[/QUOTE]

ugh. My bad. I should've mentioned that it was Saint's Row CE for PS3. stupid. stupid.

Thanks for the heads up El Gray.

[quote name='GibbGA']Does anyone ever hit the Tucker Target right off 285? It's a bit out of the way for me, but I never see anyone post anything about that one that I can remember. So, I don't know if this means no one goes there, or they never have anything. I may try to get by there tomorrow, but that means going to downtown, midtown/buckhead, perimeter and Tucker while trying to fit in Wimbledon viewing in the morning and some game playing time.[/QUOTE]

My wife's office is right across the street. I have her check for stuff there for me sometimes. Never seems to have much.

Ended up at Lenox last night and went in the Target nearby. Big waste of time. The only thing they has was 5 or 6 copies of GH:WT for PS3 and they were still like $30.

Hiram Target has about 6 l4d. left. The guy removed them all from the case after I grabbed one. Most likely will end up on the end cap. Price was 12.xx.

Yep, Hiram's a bit too far out of the way, otherwise I'd be all over it. The location on Shallowford in Marietta and the location on 92 near Roswell are both out, despite what the inventory checker says. I hate their damned website.

But wow, if anyone wants a copy of FEAR 2 or GH3, don't worry. Your local Target has one. Or 25.

Yeah no L4D for me either :(
I have no idea where Hiram even is other than its way far away from me. If theres only 3 left they won't last another 24hours anyway. Now if someone was to happen to pick up an extra one and wanted to send it my way... :p

Went to Edgewood Target today and found two or three copies of HAWX, but they were all marked $41.98 (and scanned as same). Thought they were supposed to be down to $29.98 here?

[quote name='Tybee']Went to Edgewood Target today and found two or three copies of HAWX, but they were all marked $41.98 (and scanned as same). Thought they were supposed to be down to $29.98 here?[/QUOTE]

I saw a few copies for that same price up in Duluth last night. Maybe in another week or two.

[quote name='Tybee']Went to Edgewood Target today and found two or three copies of HAWX, but they were all marked $41.98 (and scanned as same). Thought they were supposed to be down to $29.98 here?[/QUOTE]

Nah. Remember, I said they had hit the FIRST round of clearance cuts....and that you'd be wise to get the game when it hits 50%, because it's not going to last to 14.98.

Not sure who to thank but I got Saints Row 2 360 for $12.50 this past weekend at Target, due to someone on the board noting the clearance drop. It was actually hiding in the normal loose games section which is probably why it still had a $36 clearance tag on it, but I remembered that it should definitely be cheaper and a scanner revealed the true price. Fun game, especially for $12.50.

[quote name='Enron']Nah. Remember, I said they had hit the FIRST round of clearance cuts....and that you'd be wise to get the game when it hits 50%, because it's not going to last to 14.98.[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. I was confused (happens a lot).

[quote name='grundy']Actually, there's only three left after I picked one up. Thanks Supes for "ratting out" this location[/QUOTE]

Hiram Target usually sucks for clearance, but they came through this time. I usually go to West Marietta on Dallas Hwy or the one is Austell on the corner of EW Connector and Austell Rd.

So I had to go to the north side of town today. On my way out I stopped at the Target in Stone Mtn right off of 78. Pretty much the only thing they really had was a ton of Pokemon Emerald for GBA. So then when I started my return trip, I went to the newish Target on Roswell Rd just inside 285. This is where I managed to get my hands on a copy of L4D!!!! Previously I had been attempting to look for the red stripe on the cover, which was usually just visible. This time I noticed that the positioning of the title on the spine was different. There were four copies total - the first two were the GotY version but the two behind it were the clearance ones. I didn't have the funds to pick up both to be able to send one to someone else who missed them elsewhere but as of about 2:30 there was still one there. I don't think the sales person had any clue. Also in the case they had FEAR2 marked for clearance as well as something else that I didn't recognize the title of. Off over in the actual clearance area they had tons and tons of copies of Ultimate Band for the Wii as well as tons of super lame DS games. And again a handful of copies of GH:WT for PS3, still at about $40. I can haz GH:WT for the 360 on clearance now?

You guys are awesome. And now I feel like I've contributed something.

^I don't really qualify as I live just inside the NW corner of 285 but I did recently accept a job in the SW corner of Fulton county so I'll soon be down there regularly. I'm unfamiliar with this new area so if you know of any retail spots there it would be welcome info. I'm hoping there's at least a few decent spots to check for sales.

I'm just barely north of I20 but currently (unfortunately) my boyfriend lives in East Point. The only thing near there is a Kmart. To find a Target or WallyWorld you have to go a little ways away and/or outside the perimeter.

Woodstock/May-retta here. I'm new. Be nice.

Do you guys/gals ever get together and game? I'd especially like to go somewhere (bar?) and get my Tekken 5: DR PSP action on!!!!

[quote name='Chaos242']Woodstock/May-retta here. I'm new. Be nice.

Do you guys/gals ever get together and game? I'd especially like to go somewhere (bar?) and get my Tekken 5: DR PSP action on!!!![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I am married with a very young kid so I'm not in the going out phase right now.

For going out in the northwest metro-area Battle & Brew is the best place to drink and game. I enjoy Wild Wing Cafe (Roswell Rd.) but it gets very crowded, there is also a cyber/gaming cafe right across from Wild Wings that is relatively new (maybe a year old), but I forget the name [Edit: giga-bites cafe]. They have 360s, PS3s, Wiis, and gaming comps there.

I'll put you on my PM list, if you are looking for anything in-particular I can help you check Target clearance, BBy deals . . etc. in this area. I usually check the the proximal Targets (and don't worry I don't hoard- and I will gladly pick-up, look for or place titles so you can find what you are looking for- as long as you return the favor).

Picked up L4D ($12.48) and Ninja Blade ($19.90) @ the Barrett Pkwy / Town Center Target. The staff will NOT believe you about the L4D and you might have to make them look in the back of the stack. There were about 4 left after I got mine. Also, if you're standing at the register like you were checking out, and you look to you 7 o'clock position, the end cap there has all the good clearance stuff. That is where I found my Ninja Blade. There were about 5 left.

Went to the Best Buy on Pleasant Hill and saw a 50% off clearance rack. I just glanced at them because I was in a hurry. Picked up the De Blob Wii game&t-shirt for 9.99 (even though it was marked 29.99) and saw Valkryia Chronicles on PS3.

Just got back in town and found my pm box was full. Apparently, that to do list item of clearing pms out slipped thru the cracks and I had no net access while I was gone. I've sent pms to some I know pmed, but just wanted to let anyone else know that I've cleared out copious space in the old inbox.

Stopped by the Decatur Hollywood Video to see if their "all used games $30 and under for $5" sale was anything to get excited over. Don't bother. They had a pathetic box of about 30 of the sorriest Xbox, PS2, and GCN titles I've ever seen.

EDIT: Seems I was mistaken. El Gray made a follow-up visit and they had stuff on the shelves as well (employee I asked indicated stuff in the box was the only stuff in the sale -- he was wrong).

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas Hwy (Marietta) and Cobb Pkwy (Acworth) HV's have a decent selection of games in stock. Picked up a few 360 and a PSP game even though I don't own a PSP, but I wasn't passing up Crisis Core at 4.99.

I ventured up to the Movie Gallery in Loganville to find two year old 360 sports games, one Wii game for PS3 (2008 soccer) and no PS3 games and a scratched up Crazy Taxi 3 and an employee who knew nothing of the sale. Didn't push it since they had nothing good anyway. Woulda been a total bust if not for getting gas for 2.15 as opposed to the 2.35 in Snellville. I really wanted a STFU, Fable 2, Metroid 3 and it burns me I was just back home where there are several HV/MGs and one had all of them.

I went to the snellville bestbuy today for disgaea 3 and was disappointed to see that they're now only offering a 5% discount for red dot items, which barely covers tax. After that I decided to go the loganville location and was able to get it and final fantasy fables: chocobo's dungeon 50% off. I also saw saint's row 2 CE (360) and animal crossing city folk /w wii speak on the same rack.

[quote name='whisper22']I'm just barely north of I20 but currently (unfortunately) my boyfriend lives in East Point. The only thing near there is a Kmart. To find a Target or WallyWorld you have to go a little ways away and/or outside the perimeter.[/QUOTE]

Welcome aboard! It's nice to see some other Lithonia area CAGers around.

Took a trip out to the Dallas Hwy (Marietta) and Cobb Pkwy (Acworth) Hollywood videos this afternoon to see what I could find in their $4.99 sale. I was bummed to not get a Fable II at either location and was told in Acworth that somebody grabbed their last (only?) copy yesterday, I'm hoping it was an ATL CAG. Nontheless, I grabbed GRID, Far Cry 2, Fracture, Endwar, and Blazing Angels for the 360. Also picked up Manhunt 2 and Bully SE for the Wii.

I was pleased to get all of them with case/box art and great condition books/manuals for all but Endwar and Blazing Angels. I haven't played any of these games so I'm happy to give 'em a shot for cheap, most excited for GRID and FYI it was tagged wrong at $49 and $39. Hoping I enjoy at least 2 or 3 of the others as well. The guys working at both places were really cool about price checking games, the Acworth guy even let me grab books for 2 games bought at the other store.

The Marietta store had a lot more Xbox, GCN, and PS2 games and not many PS3 or Wii. Their handheld selection was virtually nonexistant as well. The Acworth store had a bunch of DS games that I didn't look through myself but my wife said there was nothing there for either of our tastes. Overall, the Acworth location had a greater selection left of games and manuals and still had 1-2 copies of GRID; both stores had at least 2 copies of Far Cry 2 and Fracture also.

Sorry, I don't really remember much else as I did a bunch of stuff since then. If there's a CAG out there that grabbed the Fable II, kudos, ya' beat me to it!

[quote name='chuckie88']Took a trip out to the Dallas Hwy (Marietta) and Cobb Pkwy (Acworth) Hollywood videos this afternoon to see what I could find in their $4.99 sale. I was bummed to not get a Fable II at either location and was told in Acworth that somebody grabbed their last (only?) copy yesterday, I'm hoping it was an ATL CAG. Nontheless, I grabbed GRID, Far Cry 2, Fracture, Endwar, and Blazing Angels for the 360. Also picked up Manhunt 2 and Bully SE for the Wii.

I was pleased to get all of them with case/box art and great condition books/manuals for all but Endwar and Blazing Angels. I haven't played any of these games so I'm happy to give 'em a shot for cheap, most excited for GRID and FYI it was tagged wrong at $49 and $39. Hoping I enjoy at least 2 or 3 of the others as well. The guys working at both places were really cool about price checking games, the Acworth guy even let me grab books for 2 games bought at the other store.

The Marietta store had a lot more Xbox, GCN, and PS2 games and not many PS3 or Wii. Their handheld selection was virtually nonexistant as well. The Acworth store had a bunch of DS games that I didn't look through myself but my wife said there was nothing there for either of our tastes. Overall, the Acworth location had a greater selection left of games and manuals and still had 1-2 copies of GRID; both stores had at least 2 copies of Far Cry 2 and Fracture also.

Sorry, I don't really remember much else as I did a bunch of stuff since then. If there's a CAG out there that grabbed the Fable II, kudos, ya' beat me to it![/QUOTE]

The dude who got the Fable II in Acworth is the guy who works at the Dallas Hwy one (with the bad teeth and unkept beard). While I was checking out, he was behind me and had it in his hand. I don't remember seeing it when I was browsing but I could have missed it since I already had a copy and didn't want another one. Or he could have had someone pull it for him. I'm sure he stocked up either way at his store.

[quote name='Tybee']Stopped by the Decatur Hollywood Video to see if their "all used games $30 and under for $5" sale was anything to get excited over. Don't bother. They had a pathetic box of about 30 of the sorriest Xbox, PS2, and GCN titles I've ever seen.

EDIT: Seems I was mistaken. El Gray made a follow-up visit and they had stuff on the shelves as well (employee I asked indicated stuff in the box was the only stuff in the sale -- he was wrong).[/QUOTE]Aren't there two HVs in Decatur? At least according to their site anyway. I almost didn't go to the one on N Decatur Road, but bad traffic on 85 made me take 78 home yesterday and since I was close by I stopped and got PS3 Bioshock, Wii Manhunt 2, Metroid 3, 360 Civ Revolution, and one other which eludes me. Came home and saw that Midnight Club was getting picked up so I stopped by there again today and grabbed it and Halo 3 (which wasn't there before) for a buddy, but the lady said both were priced as marked, asked her to scan them as the Civ Rev I got was marked 45, but after scanning she confirmed they were both 35. It seemed as if she was deadset to say they were 35 though and she cleared the screen before I could see it so I dunno. They also have Lost Planet, Cod 2 & 3, Lego Indy (disc only), Darkness, Splinter Cell, Blue Dragon, Army of Two, Amped 3, Top SPin 2, Incredible Hulk for 360, wwe 2008, beijing 200(6?) GH3, Conan for PS3 and Red Steel, Cars for Wii and a few quality games which are eluding me. The BD, a SC, a LP, a Tony hawk 360 game (project 8 I think) a darkness were new in shrinkwrap, but being sold as used to get rid of them. Also, the cool guy who was there yesterday said that they had a bunch of people come in Monday and get a whole bunch of games so it seems like that may have been the store to go to. I had never been there before, but it makes sense as they've got an actual game case for new games and such. Wish I woulda known as I woulda hit it up Monday on my break. Oh well.

Target in Snellville has two Fear 2s left at 12.xx, a GH3 at 7.xx and a afro samurai at 14.xx. Caved and got a Fear 2.

Walmart in Snellville has a price tag for Gears 1 Refresh for $10 in the case, but no games in that row. They are so disorganized that a lucky CAG may find one in the wrong spot somewhere. No other new $10 games there.

I had them pricecheck that HALO3 on Monday night, and it was $35. Glad you got that Metroid 3, since you mentioned wanting one elsewhere! I thought they had one, but couldn't remember for sure, so I didn't send you over there on a whim.

I got MGS: Twin Snakes and Kirby's Air Ride for myself on Monday night.

Went back to Acworth today, didn't see much new there, even though they said they got a shipment. I did notice a Lost Odyssey used copy in the new game display case pushed off and leaning to the side trying to hide the used sticker on it which makes me think they were holding it for someone, probably that guy who works at Dallas Hwy.

[quote name='mitch079']The dude who got the Fable II in Acworth is the guy who works at the Dallas Hwy one (with the bad teeth and unkept beard). While I was checking out, he was behind me and had it in his hand...Or he could have had someone pull it for him. I'm sure he stocked up either way at his store.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='mitch079']Went back to Acworth today, didn't see much new there, even though they said they got a shipment. I did notice a Lost Odyssey used copy in the new game display case pushed off and leaning to the side trying to hide the used sticker on it which makes me think they were holding it for someone, probably that guy...[/QUOTE]
I guess having the inside track would be the way to go! I was hoping it was a ATL CAG but oh well. They did mention getting more games in soon, I'm almost glad there's nothing great as I plan on hitting up the GS B2G1 this weekend. I had it confirmed as going on this weekend when I stopped in to check today.
[quote name='jdawgg76']...I stopped and got PS3 Bioshock, Wii Manhunt 2, Metroid 3, 360 Civ Revolution, and one other which eludes me. Came home and saw that Midnight Club was getting picked up so I stopped by there again today and grabbed it and Halo 3 (which wasn't there before) for a buddy, but the lady said both were priced as marked, asked her to scan them as the Civ Rev I got was marked 45, but after scanning she confirmed they were both 35...[/QUOTE]
Was the Hollywood Video sale on games $34.99 and under? I thought it was only on titles $29.99 or less. I would've gabbed a CIV4 at $4.99 for sure and I know I saw other good titles at $34.99 at both of the locations I visited. Also, good find on Metroid 3!

I was thinking about checking both Decatur locations but the only thing I know for sure that I want to pick up is Fable2 which is impossible to find. Doesn't sound like theres anything worth making the trip for.

Wow, guys/gals, thanks for the reports on the HWV sale. Sounds like I should make the drive out to the N Decatur RD store to check it out. I did get a little confused by the varying reports, so let me just ask: any chance I'll be able to find the following 360 games -- Halo 3, Civ Revolution, and BioShock? Any of those for 5 bucks would be worth the gas and effort.

Thanks,

Andy in VaHi

[quote name='El Gray']I had them pricecheck that HALO3 on Monday night, and it was $35. Glad you got that Metroid 3, since you mentioned wanting one elsewhere! I thought they had one, but couldn't remember for sure, so I didn't send you over there on a whim.

I got MGS: Twin Snakes and Kirby's Air Ride for myself on Monday night.[/QUOTE]Thanks, and that makes me feel better about halo. Nice pick up on Twin Snakes, I was hoping to find one, but the quest continues.
[quote name='chuckie88']Was the Hollywood Video sale on games $34.99 and under? I thought it was only on titles $29.99 or less. I would've gabbed a CIV4 at $4.99 for sure and I know I saw other good titles at $34.99 at both of the locations I visited. Also, good find on Metroid 3![/QUOTE]Sorry, if I confused you there, the sale is 29.99 and under and that is why I had her scan the 34.99 labelled games in hopes that they were 29.99 and thus 4.99 on sale. Some other Cags have reported getting those two games in the sale because their stores had them for 29.99, but I guess it's a little YMMV. Bioshock is another one that has been YMMV and although it was tagged 34.99 it rang up 29.99 so I thought the other two might as well.
[quote name='whisper22']I was thinking about checking both Decatur locations but the only thing I know for sure that I want to pick up is Fable2 which is impossible to find. Doesn't sound like theres anything worth making the trip for.[/QUOTE]I bet Fable disappeared fast. I'd recommend almost all of the games I listed, especially for $5, but most active CAGs would probably have most of the ones they are interested in already. Still hoping a friend back home can score me Fable and SW:TFU.

[quote name='Robotechnology']Wow, guys/gals, thanks for the reports on the HWV sale. Sounds like I should make the drive out to the N Decatur RD store to check it out. I did get a little confused by the varying reports, so let me just ask: any chance I'll be able to find the following 360 games -- Halo 3, Civ Revolution, and BioShock? Any of those for 5 bucks would be worth the gas and effort.

Thanks,

Andy in VaHi[/QUOTE]Halo 3 is 34.99 at the N Dectur Rd store so it is not 4.99.
CivRev 360 does qualify for 4.99, but I got the last one.
PS3 Bioshock does as well, but I got the last one of that as well.
No 360 Bioshock there.
Of course, Halo 3 wasn't there Tuesday, but was there Wednesday and I have no idea why and there have been reports in the main thread that some stores have gotten restocked so who knows, but your odds of getting those three at that store depend on one randomly popping up or a restock or conversion of rentals.

On HWV's website they list another HWV nearby the N Decatur Rd store, but I don't think anyone has reported what's at that store. I'm not familiar with the area and it seems a little too out of my way to go by on break or on the way home unless I know it's worth going.

[quote name='jdawgg76']On HWV's website they list another HWV nearby the N Decatur Rd store, but I don't think anyone has reported what's at that store. I'm not familiar with the area and it seems a little too out of my way to go by on break or on the way home unless I know it's worth going.[/QUOTE]

Which one are you talking about? The one to the South on Candler? I haven't been there this time around, but during the last sale, they didn't have much. I might make it over there this weekend.

[quote name='El Gray']Which one are you talking about? The one to the South on Candler? I haven't been there this time around, but during the last sale, they didn't have much. I might make it over there this weekend.[/QUOTE]Just looked on the site again and it is the one on Candler Road. When I search a metro area code, Candler Road and N Decatur rd are the only locations that come up. Last time you were there did they have many games in general or an actual game case or new game section?

Thanks for the clarification on the sale prices at Hollywood Video, although to be honest knowing that Civ4 was $4.99 and I couldn't find it just adds fuel to my frustration fire started by Fable2!:bomb: Great grab on Civ4! I'll be heading to Gamestop tomorrow for the Buy 2 Get 1 Free sale and will report back on what I find. Anybody got anything specific I should report with numbers available on?

bread's done
Back