Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='GibbGA']I work at Peachtree Center, so we usually go down once or twice on Friday (i'll be off this year tho, dammit) and watch folks walk back and forth between the Marriott and the Hyatt or Hilton (whichever one is on P'tree, I can't remember). It's like a constant parade of costumes, some incredible, some you wish you could get the image out of your head. Speaking of parades though, I think they do a parade down P'tree on Saturday. So, that may be how your friends have been 'looking at the freaks,' and not actually going inside the conference area??? I know another popular thing is to go down to one of the hotel bars on Friday/Saturday night for a 'viewing.'[/QUOTE]
I went about 3 years ago to "look" with a bunch of friends and got "hooked". Everyone there is really nice and didn't mind having their picture taken with me (most of the costumes you can't tell apart from the real thing). You can go inside the hotels without a badge/paying, just not inside the rooms where panels are going on. If you have kids, having their picture taken with costumed Bobba Fett, Chewbacca (who is 8 feet tall!), Disney Princesses or Master Chief will make their day! Even the celebrities walk around the hotels to see everyone (without bodyguards or entourages).

I was pissed I couldn't get into any of the rooms, so the next year I bought a pass and got "hooked". After that, I never thought twice about going. I've met Lloyd Kaufman (one of my favs, because he does what he wants to do), got drunk with Brad Dourif and tried to pick up chicks with a "he's married, so I'm not ratting him out" celeb.

If your into Sci-Fi, it's a must go. I'm more into the B-movie, Horror, independent film genre, but it was still right up my alley with the countless number of movies (long and short) screenings, Q & A's, Panels,etc. It's also a great place to network and get contacts.

Plus Traci Lords will be there. How cool is that! I've always admired her...."body of work" since I was a kid ;) Not a Trekkie, so don't care too much for Shatner or Nimoy.

if you're going to dragoncon i'd recommend really planning out your day ahead of time. i went with some free passes a couple years ago and just kind of wandered around blindly all day. i think missed out on some good panels. there's a million things to spend more money on, though.

anyway..i've been away from the forum for a long while now, and ofcourse i come crawling back when i need something -_- i think i have long missed this train, but are there any 120gb xbox harddrives still hiding away at any sears? i haven't seen any at the ones i frequent, but it would definitely be worth the drive out to one further away.

the only thing i have to contribute is that the austell target has a ps2 rockband trackpack 2 for 7.** and a couple patapon 2 for 9.**

120 GBs disappeared from Sears at Gwinnett Place, Northlake, and Cumberland @ or before $75 and then from Kmarts in Snellville, Cleveland Ave (Southsiiiiide!) and the one by brandsmart off 285/85 on the northside of the perimeter at $37.

[quote name='jdawgg76']120 GBs disappeared from Sears at Gwinnett Place, Northlake, and Cumberland @ or before $75 and then from Kmarts in Snellville, Cleveland Ave (Southsiiiiide!) and the one by brandsmart off 285/85 on the northside of the perimeter at $37.[/QUOTE]

i figured but just wanted to make sure :/ thanks.

[quote name='whisper22']Aw damn. I think they should be down to $22 at the Atlantic Station Target by now though. My chances aren't really any better for getting to that store either :cry:

And as far as the price for D*Con... its almost $100 for the entire weekend. You can get a pass for just one day for like $50. I'm pretty sure all the prices are on the website.[/QUOTE]

Johnsons Ferry has plenty of the duals left for the 360 for 22.48. Some of the singles for the PS3 and 360 as well but I think these were still @ 50%. Unless I reversed the 2 prices. Also had some Madworlds left @ 7.48 and Legends of Wrestlemania @ 14.98.

Went to the Target on Cobb Parkway near Cumberland last night. They haven't dropped their GHWT bundles yet but I only saw two for PS3 (no 360) anyway. I didn't see any copies of Legends of Wrestlemania but didn't look for them either. They had two Rock Band 2 games for 360 but they were still ringing up at $34.98. I grabbed a Madworld for $14.98, leaving two more copies. Also the Best Buy across the street had Dead Space or X-Men Origins guides, didn't check for others.
[quote name='whisper22']...The big problem is that we have a very limited budget to get a new TV. I like the Sharp Aquos myself. Maybe an LG would be good...[/QUOTE]
Not sure if you're still looking, what your price range is, or if you wanted to consider another Samsung but at the previously mentioned Best Buy Saturday they had two different 32" Samsung LCD sets on sale.

They're selling the 3 series LN32B360C5D model for $100 off at $449.99:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9230708&type=product&id=1218063831450
But the real deal that I found was the 4 series LN32B460B2D model for $170 off at $479.99:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9301604&st=LN32B460&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218080215881

I actually bought the 4 series set and though I've had for less then 24 hours am very pleased with it so far. My old 27" Toshiba Tube bit the dust back in July so for the last two months I had to bring a 19" tube out of retirement, (manufactured by Sears in 1989!) Needless to say, going from that model to this new one is like night and day so my opinion might be skewed a bit. Regardless of that, I still feel like the 4 series is a great deal for a set under $500. Just thought I'd share in case this helps in your search.

[quote name='chuckie88']
Not sure if you're still looking, what your price range is, or if you wanted to consider another Samsung but at the previously mentioned Best Buy Saturday they had two different 32" Samsung LCD sets on sale.

Just thought I'd share in case this helps in your search.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'd say that Samsung, LG, and Sharp would be our top choices. Fry's had an LG on sale this weekend that I really wish we could have gotten (new TV is gonna be a middle of the month purchase). We're hoping to stay around $1000 which is why we were looking at the Vizio. Probably $1400 would be the most we'd be able to manage. Right now its on our list of upcoming purchases but overall we're still looking.

I got a LG 42LH50 (42", 1080P, 120hz, 70k contrast ratio, and broadband connectivity for netflix) for $699 at Fry's this month. Others this month at slickdeals even got the lower model (42LH30) for $530. You'll definitely find a good deal if you be patient and monitor the deal sites like a hawk.

(forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?threadid=1502451 - Deal now dead)

I would SERIOUSLY recommend going to find the TV you want, and then going on Amazon. When I bought my Samsung it was 2700 in store and I got it for 1600 from Amazon. They hand delivered it. Set it up, all that jazz. I was VERY impressed. Granted, you will have to wait like a week to have it delivered but you don't pay tax and you don't pay delivery charges.

Now best buy has gotten seriously aggressive about matching amazon prices so it might be hit or miss if you get a deal, but no tax on a 1400 dollar TV is about 84 bucks.

Just a suggestion. I was really skeptical myself but having saved THAT MUCH MONEY, I was super impressed.

[quote name='RoninChaos']
Now best buy has gotten seriously aggressive about matching amazon prices so it might be hit or miss if you get a deal, but no tax on a 1400 dollar TV is about 84 bucks.
[/QUOTE]

Nice. I wouldn't have thought that anybody would price match Amazon. This is very good to know.

I picked up the dual ghwt kit for $22.48 for the 360 at the Target on Mt. Zion, they had plenty of the ps3 for this price (5 pr 6).

[quote name='RoninChaos']I would SERIOUSLY recommend going to find the TV you want, and then going on Amazon. When I bought my Samsung it was 2700 in store and I got it for 1600 from Amazon. They hand delivered it. Set it up, all that jazz. I was VERY impressed. Granted, you will have to wait like a week to have it delivered but you don't pay tax and you don't pay delivery charges.

Just a suggestion. I was really skeptical myself but having saved THAT MUCH MONEY, I was super impressed.[/QUOTE]

My only reservation with buying an HDTV online is that there is a lot that can go wrong in the first 30 - 90 days of ownership (LCDs especially often show up with dead/stuck pixels), and it's A LOT easier to do a return/exchange at a B&M than it is to ship a flatscreen back. Most online retailers (including Amazon) have policies in place that require that a certain number of pixels be dead or that they all be clustered in one place before they'll issue a return authorization. And even then you may still be responsible for the return shipping cost. Whereas most B&Ms will give you at least 30 days to return/exchage it, no questions asked.

So I'd try getting that Best Buy price match first, and if that doesn't work THEN order online. Costco (if you're a member) and Fry's would be the other places to look. And for the love of Pete, make sure you do your research on the AVS Forum before you put any money down.

I had a similar experience with my 58" Panasonic plasma. It was $1999 on Amazon. Tried to get Best Buy to match, but they could not or would not even get close. Got it from Amazon and had a perfect experience. Check your credit card for extened warranties. I had a little more peace of mind because I knew Amex automatically doubles my warranty.

I've already checked the Stone Mountain Target for Legends of Wrestlemania (360) and they're gone. I'm going to check the Snellville Target in just a bit for them. If anyone sees a copy of it (for the 360) at a Target within 10 or 15 miles of Snellville for a good price, could you let me know?

Thanks!

[quote name='Stryffe2004']I had a similar experience with my 58" Panasonic plasma. It was $1999 on Amazon. Tried to get Best Buy to match, but they could not or would not even get close. Got it from Amazon and had a perfect experience. Check your credit card for extened warranties. I had a little more peace of mind because I knew Amex automatically doubles my warranty.[/QUOTE]Not to bust up your peace of mind, but I thought that Amex's extension didn't apply to online. Maybe I have an inferior Amex though.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I've already checked the Stone Mountain Target for Legends of Wrestlemania (360) and they're gone. I'm going to check the Snellville Target in just a bit for them. If anyone sees a copy of it (for the 360) at a Target within 10 or 15 miles of Snellville for a good price, could you let me know?

Thanks![/QUOTE]I can get one on my way out from work, but LMK ASAP as I leave whenever my relief shows up:bomb:.

Also, I saw that there were about fifteen PS3 GH WT single guitar sets for 22 at North Druid Hills Target. One double guitar set for PS3 marked 30%. Didn't have time to scan it. If anybody wants a PS3 set and can get a 360 set and meet to trade that would work out awesomely.

Any advice from the peanut gallery on the cheapest way to score a second guitar for use with my 360 Rock Band bundle? I'd hate to not have another one, should I ever manage to get enough buds in one room to play as a whole band. Are there cheap GH: Aerosmith sets floating around out there or anything?

[quote name='Robotechnology']Any advice from the peanut gallery on the cheapest way to score a second guitar for use with my 360 Rock Band bundle? I'd hate to not have another one, should I ever manage to get enough buds in one room to play as a whole band. Are there cheap GH: Aerosmith sets floating around out there or anything?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Best Buy Edgewood has had a SLEW of them for 15 bucks now for the last several weeks. There were still like 6-10 there this weekend.

[quote name='Enron']Yes. Best Buy Edgewood has had a SLEW of them for 15 bucks now for the last several weeks. There were still like 6-10 there this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! I can't stand Aerosmith, but 15 bucks for a wireless guitar sounds too good to pass up. Thanks.

[quote name='Enron']Yes. Best Buy Edgewood has had a SLEW of them for 15 bucks now for the last several weeks. There were still like 6-10 there this weekend.[/QUOTE]Same goes for the BB on Sidney Marcus. Or if you or I found a GHWT at 75% off at Target we could split the cost or something cause all I really want is the game.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I've already checked the Stone Mountain Target for Legends of Wrestlemania (360) and they're gone. I'm going to check the Snellville Target in just a bit for them. If anyone sees a copy of it (for the 360) at a Target within 10 or 15 miles of Snellville for a good price, could you let me know?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Had to make a special trip to school tonight to take a final and decided to stop by the L'ville-Swanee Target since no one has mentioned checking there lately. Nothing terribly interesting but they did have 3 or 4 copies of Wrestlemania but they were $30.

[quote name='whisper22']Had to make a special trip to school tonight to take a final and decided to stop by the L'ville-Swanee Target since no one has mentioned checking there lately. Nothing terribly interesting but they did have 3 or 4 copies of Wrestlemania but they were $30.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know! jdawgg was able to score one for me today, but I appreciate the thought!!

[quote name='whisper22']Had to make a special trip to school tonight to take a final and decided to stop by the L'ville-Swanee Target since no one has mentioned checking there lately. Nothing terribly interesting but they did have 3 or 4 copies of Wrestlemania but they were $30.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I went there this afternoon hoping LOW would drop (been waiting for like 2 months now). Pretty lame selection there also (but I did manage to pick up Pokemon Leaf Green for $4.98 last week, which was cool). That spot use to be "hot", but I think either a hoarder or an employee cleans them out now. A couple of weeks ago, they had 6 copies each of Pokemon Emerald and Sapphire at $14.98 (I was waiting for another drop), then they "magically disappeared" a couple of days later.

They are pretty organized and usually finds people's hidden "stash" and puts them back accordingly (which helps me out, hence how I was able to score the Leaf Green as well as a RB Track Vol 2 I didn't see in there last week).

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been awhile since I've actually looked for the Target clearance games. Saw some $7.48 Madworld at the Woodstock Target today. Anyone know if Wanted went down to around $14.98 and if so, where?

Thanks

[quote name='grundy'] Anyone know if Wanted went down to around $14.98 and if so, where?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Still waiting on that drop myself. Wheelman finally hit $9 and I grabbed the last one.

Target (L'Ville/Suwanee) still has it at $29.98 as of today (and if I remember correctly, it was only for the PS3..I could be wrong) The upcoming game WET (which is similar) looks and plays so much better (demo). I really think it's going to be a sleeper hit.

I went into the Target on Camp Creek down by the airport for the first time today. Nothing of note at all, zero copies of Madworld, RB2 360, LOW 360, and GHWT 360 guitar bundles. I did see a few GHWT PS3 guitar bundles but they were tagged really high and I didn't scan 'em. Overall, the selection there seemed kinda lame but maybe they were just cleaned out already. I may have to just grab a GHA guitar bundle to get a second axe and dump the game for a second time.

Was just poking around on Amazon and saw that Crackdown for the 360 is $7.49. No idea how long it'll be that price and of course its not worth it unless you get something else to get free shipping. Or get 3 or 4 copies.

Went to the fry's over in duluth tonight, saw lots of nice stuff being clearanced for DS. Final Fantasy CC: Ring of Fates ($10), Arkanoid DS ($10), Nanostray 2 ($6), Luminous Arc 2 ($17) - that's what i picked up. Check the fry's thread in the main forum for others (lots of atlus games). Also saw a bundled X360 wireless controller with the wireless headset for $65. Also Eternal Sonata for 19.99 (dunno if that's a deal or not though)

Over at the Cumberland Sears i saw the X360 camera being clearanced for 19.99. They had 3 or 4 in the bin, and a few more on the clearance rack.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Enron']Went to the fry's over in duluth tonight, saw lots of nice stuff being clearanced for DS. Final Fantasy CC: Ring of Fates ($10), Arkanoid DS ($10), Nanostray 2 ($6), Luminous Arc 2 ($17) - that's what i picked up. Check the fry's thread in the main forum for others (lots of atlus games). Also saw a bundled X360 wireless controller with the wireless headset for $65. Also Eternal Sonata for 19.99 (dunno if that's a deal or not though)

Over at the Cumberland Sears i saw the X360 camera being clearanced for 19.99. They had 3 or 4 in the bin, and a few more on the clearance rack.[/QUOTE]

Crap. I need CC: RoF and possibly Eternal Sonata but no way I can get up to Fry's today. How many copies did they have of those that you saw?

Just wanted to thank all of you Atlanta CAGs again: grabbed a 16 buck "GH: Aerosmith" bundle from the Edgewood BBuy. I love this site. Now my wallet on the other hand, it wishes I would stop coming by. And so does my shelf of 'games I'll get around to playing some day but couldn't pass up because they were such a good deal.'

[quote name='Tybee']Crap. I need CC: RoF and possibly Eternal Sonata but no way I can get up to Fry's today. How many copies did they have of those that you saw?[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind this is the Duluth location, hate for you to drive up to Alpharetta and not find these, heh. There were 3 copies of CC:RoF. I got one of them. Eternal Sonata, there were 4 or 5 copies. RoF is located on the videogame clearance aisle (aisle 31A). Can't remember if ES was on that aisle or not, but just check both places.

Just upgraded to an 360 elite. I have an extra 120g hard drive. It is the grey one not the black. Any body want it for $70.00. I have the HDMI cable as well for $15.00. I upgraded to the grey hdd about two months ago so its still newish. LMK thanks

[quote name='slv-chris']Just upgraded to an 360 elite. I have an extra 120g hard drive. It is the grey one not the black. Any body want it for $70.00. I have the HDMI cable as well for $15.00. I upgraded to the grey hdd about two months ago so its still newish. LMK thanks[/QUOTE]

I bought one at Sears a few months back, so I'm set, but that is a VERY good price you're offering, so anyone on here should really jump at that.

And, no, this isn't an alt account for slv-chris....;)

Out of curiosity, what's the difference between the xbox you had (120gb hd + hdmi) that made it worth upgrading to an elite?

[quote name='breezie']Out of curiosity, what's the difference between the xbox you had (120gb hd + hdmi) that made it worth upgrading to an elite?[/QUOTE]
The new one is not as loud. It is also black.(It does't stick out as much).

I just bought an elite on monday as an upgrade to my 20gb Pro launch unit (yes, it still works, gave it to a friend). You will not believe how much quieter the Elite Jasper is. Its nearly silent.

[quote name='breezie']I have a 60gb pro with Jasper - are the elites quieter then these?[/QUOTE]

Never heard a jasper 60..but the elite is pretty quiet.

ok, just for fun, went to the Alpharetta fry's tonight. Saw 3x Luminous Arc 2 @ $16, 8x FFCC:RoF @ $10, 4x FFCC:EoT @ $17, 10x x360 Eternal Sonata @ 19.99. No Dragon Quest V to be found (someone reported in the Fry's thread that it had been spotted there several days ago) :/

[quote name='Enron']Never heard a jasper 60..but the elite is pretty quiet.

ok, just for fun, went to the Alpharetta fry's tonight. Saw 3x Luminous Arc 2 @ $16, 8x FFCC:RoF @ $10, 4x FFCC:EoT @ $17, 10x x360 Eternal Sonata @ 19.99. No Dragon Quest V to be found (someone reported in the Fry's thread that it had been spotted there several days ago) :/[/QUOTE]

Holy, holy, holy...Need both those FFCC's. May or may not get ES. I'm gonna book it up there on my lunch break tomorrow. Thanks so much for the 411 Enron.

Do you guys know if there's a Costco near the Alpharetta Fry's? I need to do some returns there while I'm at it.

[quote name='Tybee']Holy, holy, holy...Need both those FFCC's. May or may not get ES. I'm gonna book it up there on my lunch break tomorrow. Thanks so much for the 411 Enron.

Do you guys know if there's a Costco near the Alpharetta Fry's? I need to do some returns there while I'm at it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, there's a Costco about half a mile away. A Super Target too, for all your shopping needs!

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Has anyone seen Star Wars Force Unleashed for the 360 at 75% off yet?[/QUOTE]Not around here, although I've got my eye on a couple stores that have several copies @ 50% off and I'm hopefule that they last.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Not around here, although I've got my eye on a couple stores that have several copies @ 50% off and I'm hopefule that they last.[/QUOTE]

They had this on Amazon for $9.99 on Aug 31st (deal of day) w/ free shipping for Prime members.

[quote name='Enron'] No Dragon Quest V to be found (someone reported in the Fry's thread that it had been spotted there several days ago) :/[/QUOTE]

I picked one up at the duluth fry's about a week ago, and there were 5-6 left.

Trekked up to the Alpharetta Fry's today and nabbed FFCC: RoF ($10.23) and FFCC: EoT ($17.14). There were three copies left of the former and four copies left of the latter. Other clearance DS titles (see this thread) I saw they had at least a few copies of:

- Dark Spire
- Blue Dragon Plus
- EXIT
- Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume

As Enron, said, lots of Atlus. And I wasn't looking hard. I would not be surprised if they had 90% of the stuff on the clearance list. There were around 20 copies of Eternal Sonata (360) for $19.99, and as far as I can tell that's the lowest price you're going to find it at, but I held off.

Also, I'll sell my sealed (360) copy of TFU for $15 if anyone's interested. PM me.

[quote name='kitlink']I picked one up at the duluth fry's about a week ago, and there were 5-6 left.[/QUOTE]

I was at the Duluth fry's on Tuesday. All gone. Im sure a hoarder got them all to try and sell them for 40 bucks on ebay.

bread's done
Back