Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

I hit the Northern Fry's tonight, too. I gave the list a pretty thorough check. They have:

Arkanoid DS - $10.23
Blue Dragon Plus - $13.69
Dark Spire - $12.24
Exit - $7.67 [NOT this price-- $19.xx]
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $17.14
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $10.23
Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $8.43
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja - $10.23
Luminous Arc 2 - $16.04
Master of the Monster Lair - $10.23
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer - $10.23
Puchi Puchi Virus - $10.10
Steal Princess - $13.82
Super Dodge Ball - $14.74
The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity - $6.24
Tokyo Beat Down - $12.79
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $17.14

I got the last Trackmania for a friend... and there may be a couple other games, but I deleted them from the list because I wasn't sure. No Elebits, Tybee. Sorry.

I bought Arkanoid, VProfile, Luminous Arc 2, and FFCC:ROF. Took EXIT up to the checkout, but it rang up at $20, so I left it there.

Nothing of note at the SuperTarget up there.

Stumbled across a few 50% Warhawk bundles at the Old Shallowford Rd Target today. Def. hadn't been there before but I picked one up for the headset. 14.98 + Uncle Sam's cut.

[quote name='El Gray']I hit the Northern Fry's tonight, too. I gave the list a pretty thorough check. They have:

Arkanoid DS - $10.23
Blue Dragon Plus - $13.69
Dark Spire - $12.24
Exit - $7.67 [NOT this price-- $19.xx]
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - $17.14
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates - $10.23
Geometry Wars: Galaxies - $8.43
Izuna 2: The Unemployed Ninja - $10.23
Luminous Arc 2 - $16.04
Master of the Monster Lair - $10.23
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer - $10.23
Puchi Puchi Virus - $10.10
Steal Princess - $13.82
Super Dodge Ball - $14.74
The Chase: Felix Meets Felicity - $6.24
Tokyo Beat Down - $12.79
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - $17.14

I got the last Trackmania for a friend... and there may be a couple other games, but I deleted them from the list because I wasn't sure. No Elebits, Tybee. Sorry.

I bought Arkanoid, VProfile, Luminous Arc 2, and FFCC:ROF. Took EXIT up to the checkout, but it rang up at $20, so I left it there.

Nothing of note at the SuperTarget up there.[/QUOTE]

Oh, is Tybee looking for elebits? there were a couple of copies of that at the Duluth Fry's on Tuesday night.

[quote name='breezie']They had this on Amazon for $9.99 on Aug 31st (deal of day) w/ free shipping for Prime members.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I saw that, but I don't have prime and besides that's still more expensive even if it's 2.50.;)

Frys in Alpharetta has Logitech Chillstream controllers for $7.99 (PC) and $8.60 (PS3). Visit Frys.com to order and pickup instore to ensure availability.

Sears (GP) has the 360 vision camera bundle clearanced out at $4.97. They also have the 512mb (360) memory units for $9.97. There are more than 8 of each there. Not a bad deal on the cameras (you can use them with your computer). Had the guy ring up some games I've been waiting on (none had dropped).

To any one who knows anything about DragonCon:
Is there a place I can find signing times?
I have a relative going and was wanting to get something signed, but I can't find a list of times for scheduled signings on the website.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']To any one who knows anything about DragonCon:
I have a relative going and was wanting to get something signed, but I can't find a list of times for scheduled signings on the website.[/QUOTE]
H3llbring3r,

You can download and view/print the whole schedule (which has the signing times) online on their website (dragoncon.org).

Be careful though, a lot of celebs have a hard time "showing up" at their designated times for the signings (AKA getting sober). But with Nimoy and Shatner there, it's probably better to show up early.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']To any one who knows anything about DragonCon:
I have a relative going and was wanting to get something signed, but I can't find a list of times for scheduled signings on the website.[/QUOTE]
H3llbring3r,

He (or she) is better off arriving early during the Walk of Fame hours (which are listed on the website). The actual hours for the specific celebs are posted in front of the Walk of Fame. The reason they don't post the times for signings on the website is because they (celebs) are notorious for either:

Not showing (aka "blitzed")
Running late (getting sober, but some had a panel/discussion that ran a little over)
Signing for a little bit, then leaving (to go to their panel, to go get blitzed, hook up or go eat).

I went to pick up my badge today and it was a madhouse. Totally disorganized (it usually is every year, but this was outrageous).

I hear they are charging ridiculous amounts of money for autographs this year, so be warned.

honestly any celeb that charges for autographs isn't worth getting anything signed by them..this is why i like anime conventions. i've never been charged for getting an autograph and they'll always pose for a picture with me/my friends

[quote name='animemaniac14']honestly any celeb that charges for autographs isn't worth getting anything signed by them..this is why i like anime conventions. i've never been charged for getting an autograph and they'll always pose for a picture with me/my friends[/QUOTE]

Plus it just takes something away from the experience if you have to pay for it. It's way more fun to feel like you were in the right place at the right time and "earned it" or something. It's like paying for EA's stupid cheats in Madden and NCAA.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Which Sears is this? I am really interested in the 512mb memory card.[/QUOTE]LIke U-man says Gwinnett Place. They had a metric ton of live cameras and a whole lot of memory cards. I went down to Northlake Mall yesterday and got the last memory card there although I'm having buyer regret and could just trade it to you if you don't find one. I was hoping it would drop from 24.97 to 14.97 and then 4.97 (my preferred price for this)as I think it would last longer at 14.97 than 9.97. I've already got Galaxy Wars so that doesn't make it a better deal to me. NL also had a few live cameras and a few Nyko Battery Chargers. NO CLEARANCE GAMES WERE OUT. There were only five or six in the bin last month when I picked up Blacksite so maybe they actually sold them all???

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Plus it just takes something away from the experience if you have to pay for it. It's way more fun to feel like you were in the right place at the right time and "earned it" or something. It's like paying for EA's stupid cheats in Madden and NCAA.[/QUOTE]Don't get me started on the EA paying for cheats thing. I pretty much ignore cheats anyway, but paying for something you've always unlocked in years past is ridiculous. At least EA didn't charge for the first two packs for fight night which was shocking. Of course, I haven't played since downloading so it could be stuff noone would want to pay for.

[quote name='jdawgg76']LIke U-man says Gwinnett Place. They had a metric ton of live cameras and a whole lot of memory cards. I went down to Northlake Mall yesterday and got the last memory card there although I'm having buyer regret and could just trade it to you if you don't find one. I was hoping it would drop from 24.97 to 14.97 and then 4.97 (my preferred price for this)as I think it would last longer at 14.97 than 9.97. I've already got Galaxy Wars so that doesn't make it a better deal to me. NL also had a few live cameras and a few Nyko Battery Chargers. NO CLEARANCE GAMES WERE OUT. There were only five or six in the bin last month when I picked up Blacksite so maybe they actually sold them all???

Don't get me started on the EA paying for cheats thing. I pretty much ignore cheats anyway, but paying for something you've always unlocked in years past is ridiculous. At least EA didn't charge for the first two packs for fight night which was shocking. Of course, I haven't played since downloading so it could be stuff noone would want to pay for.[/QUOTE]

Those two FIght Night packs, everytime I try to d/l them, it says they're both the same. Did MS fuck up as they're both 938.11mb in size?

[quote name='mitch079']Those two FIght Night packs, everytime I try to d/l them, it says they're both the same. Did MS fuck up as they're both 938.11mb in size?[/QUOTE]Didn't notice anything like that. I'll take a look if I can bear to not play Horde in GoW2 for a little bit.

At the north Druid hills target right now, I see three copies of sw: force unleashed at 14.98

Edit: for x360

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Viper51989']Anyone seen any cheap 360 controllers in the ATL area? I've been needing some for a while, but have been holding out for clearances. If anyone knows of a store that has any for cheap (blue, pink, etc...I don't care), please let me know[/QUOTE]
Micro Center had refurbs for $19. I am not sure if they still are that price.

[quote name='Static X']Hey guys, if anybody happens to run across a clearanced Left 4 Dead, please let me know.[/QUOTE]

If you're referring to the Dawgs football season, I saw it on sale today on ABC. :cry:

Found a Mushroom Men Spore Wars for the Wii @ Best Buy in Acworth for $10 today in their clearance/$20 and under section. It was the only one.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']If you're referring to the Dawgs football season, I saw it on sale today on ABC. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Only for as long as Joe Cox remains the starter. Something tells me this is a repeat of 2006. Aaron Murray or Zach Mettenberger will be starting before mid-season. Logan Gray reminds me too much of Ingle Martin; a run-pass guy that's only an OK-passer.

[quote name='Robotechnology']Enron,

Any "Rainbow 6 Vegas" copies for the 360 still floating around at the N Druid Target?

Thanks in advance,

Andy[/QUOTE]

I didn't notice any for 360, but there were definitely some ps3 copies.

You're right Ubiiquitous. I leave the "paying for autographs/pictures" up to the Fanboys and West Virginians (no offense to West Virginians). The sad part about it is there is no "secret passageway" the celebs go through to get to any destination around Dragoncon. They have to walk around the same showrooms, take the same elevators, etc, as everyone else (which is where you can "score" if you are inclined to do so).

[quote name='Robotechnology']Enron,

Any "Rainbow 6 Vegas" copies for the 360 still floating around at the N Druid Target?

Thanks in advance,

Andy[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure there are one or two at Sydney Marcus around the corner from NDH still at 13.98 last week. Not 100% though.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']For anyone who missed it in the weekly ad thread: Toys R Us has GH:WT entire band kit for $69 this week with a free wired guitar.[/QUOTE]Did you really have to do that? Now I'm really starting to get torn about spending more money on a gaming item since my current rule of thumb is 15 and under for stuff I'm really interested in only, but that's a really good deal. Wonder if I could get Sears to pm that . . . Despite your high praise for the WT drums I was thinking of trying to pick up a cheap RB1 bundle for the drums because of the cost. Decisions decisions. . .

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'm pretty sure there are one or two at Sydney Marcus around the corner from NDH still at 13.98 last week. Not 100% though.

Did you really have to do that? Now I'm really starting to get torn about spending more money on a gaming item since my current rule of thumb is 15 and under for stuff I'm really interested in only, but that's a really good deal. Wonder if I could get Sears to pm that . . . Despite your high praise for the WT drums I was thinking of trying to pick up a cheap RB1 bundle for the drums because of the cost. Decisions decisions. . .[/QUOTE]

Wal-Mart will PM, at least according to an ad I heard on the radio yesterday. And you might run into someone you can upload on peopleofwalmart.com. According to the TRU ad and what's online, it's only for the 360.

Sears is easier to pm although the whole free guitar throw in might complicate it. I'd hope that they'd say that since they don't carry it they'd knock the value of the total. Sears also takes 10% off the difference.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I'm pretty sure there are one or two at Sydney Marcus around the corner from NDH still at 13.98 last week. Not 100% though.

Did you really have to do that? Now I'm really starting to get torn about spending more money on a gaming item since my current rule of thumb is 15 and under for stuff I'm really interested in only, but that's a really good deal. Wonder if I could get Sears to pm that . . . Despite your high praise for the WT drums I was thinking of trying to pick up a cheap RB1 bundle for the drums because of the cost. Decisions decisions. . .[/QUOTE]

How much cheaper is the RB1 bundle? Unless it's substantially cheaper, you're better off with this deal. I know you wanted the game, so figure, say, $20 is what you would probably be willing to pay for the game by itself. That means you get wireless drums and a wireles guitar for $50. Can't really beat that.

Plus, those drums really are great.

So, get it already!! ;) I know WM will PM. Don't think they'll PM the guitar, but who wants that, anyway!!

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']You're right Ubiiquitous. I leave the "paying for autographs/pictures" up to the Fanboys and West Virginians (no offense to West Virginians). The sad part about it is there is no "secret passageway" the celebs go through to get to any destination around Dragoncon. They have to walk around the same showrooms, take the same elevators, etc, as everyone else (which is where you can "score" if you are inclined to do so).[/QUOTE]

My friends and I were just hanging out inside the Marriott late Friday afternoon, when Lou Ferrigno just walked by us

[quote name='grundy']My friends and I were just hanging out inside the Marriott late Friday afternoon, when Lou Ferrigno just walked by us[/QUOTE]
Exactly Grundy!

I got John Travolta to sign a Saturday Night Fever album a couple of years ago at Ruth Chris (I was also eating there and had to run home and grab it). He was more than happy to (and commented he liked my hair. I always have a unique hair style). I have the album framed and hanging in my house.

Now if I can only find Kevin Bacon somewhere in Atlanta within the next 20 years and get him to sign my framed Friday the 13th poster (a movie he refuses to acknowledge and when pressured to, he sh**s on it), I'll feel like a accomplished something:) He doesn't know it, but I already have a plan in place (got the idea from a friend who got Barry Bonds to sign the book about him and steroids a year ago).

Last edited by a moderator:
stopped by the cobb pkwy target today. they had over 20 of force unleashed for 360 for 14.98 in the case. there were a couple wanted mixed in there but i couldn't see the price. also in case was rock band 2 (game only) for 34.98. at the endcap was ps3 need for speed pro street 13.98 and 360 iron man 13.98, only one each. most of the endcap was a ton of a neopets pc game for $2

Pretty sure that area of Cobb Parkway is technically Marietta. The Acworth Target is also on Cobb Parkway, just about a zillion miles north. My sister's new house is somewhere near that Target.

[quote name='Enron']Pretty sure that area of Cobb Parkway is technically Marietta. The Acworth Target is also on Cobb Parkway, just about a zillion miles north. My sister's new house is somewhere near that Target.[/QUOTE]

I work and used to live right near the Cobb Pkwy Target, and I'd say it's right on the line between Smyrna and Marietta.

[quote name='Tybee']I work and used to live right near the Cobb Pkwy Target, and I'd say it's right on the line between Smyrna and Marietta.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've been caught by the traffic camera at the Cobb Pkwy/Windy Hill Intersection over the white line (yes, really, if your tire is over the white line when you stop you WILL get a ticket mailed to you, eat a D*ck Cobb County...F the suburbs!) and the citation was from the City of Marietta.

does anyone have an xbox data migration kit i could borrow? we just upgraded to an elite and xbox isn't sending them out for free anymore (already called and asked).

[quote name='kristaia']does anyone have an xbox data migration kit i could borrow? we just upgraded to an elite and xbox isn't sending them out for free anymore (already called and asked).[/QUOTE]

you are in luck, because mine just came in today. Called last monday (last week) and had them send it. I already moved everything over onto my elite via memory card and redownloading. Just tell me where to send it!

[quote name='Enron']you are in luck, because mine just came in today. Called last monday (last week) and had them send it. I already moved everything over onto my elite via memory card and redownloading. Just tell me where to send it![/QUOTE]

thanks!! pm'd you :)

I was just at the Sydney Marcus Target and happened to see they have a stainless steel Grill King gas grill for 100, 50% off the original price of 200. I don't know the quality of Grill King, but I'd guess it's better than grills you can usually get for 100-120. There was 1 out in a box and 1 floor display.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I was just at the Sydney Marcus Target and happened to see they have a stainless steel Grill King gas grill for 100, 50% off the original price of 200. I don't know the quality of Grill King, but I'd guess it's better than grills you can usually get for 100-120. There was 1 out in a box and 1 floor display.[/QUOTE]

PS3 or 360??

Actually, sounds like a Wii game since it probably uses the nunchuck as a spatula.

Haha. Actually that already sounds like a better game than alot of the shovelware crap on that thing. You should program that and sell it for $20 a pop.

BTW, no real updates for drops at that Target. I did see two DVDs: Charmed Season 3 for 7.50 and Witches of Eastwick for 2 with as is stickers.

I picked up the last (maybe not as it was a disaster on that endcap and I didn't check everything out) STFU for 360 @ Stone Mountain for 7.50. They had a couple RB2 and Wheelman for 75% off as well. GHWT had NOT dropped though.

Now off to play as much DiRT 2 as possible. Wonder if I can complete it if I stay up all night. . .

JOE COX MAY BE OUT AS THE STARTER

according to ugasports, Logan Gray took all the 1st team snaps in Wed. practice!!!

Season saved!!!

(plz be true :cry:)

Microcenter: Marietta had atleast 15-20 (didn't ask if there was more in back) of The Beatles : Rockband for all 3 systems for $39.99 as of 2:30pm

bread's done
Back