Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='Tybee']I was at UGA during the Goff/Donnan era. So cry me a river.

I know Willie Martinez has a reputation akin to Judas in this town, but in fairness, we've had some key defensive injuries (deja vu) that have made things a bit more challenging. Honestly, I think the guy takes too much of the blame. People knew it was going to be a rebuilding year on offense but expected our defense to be dominant. Somehow, at least thus far, the opposite has turned out to be true. So let's just ride that for now and give the defense a chance to find its footing as the season goes along. Things could be a hell of a lot worse, that's for sure.

Sonofa....Didn't even know about this amazing sale. Will check Marietta tomorrow (it's right by my office). Hopefully, they will restock. Perhaps a forlorn hope.[/QUOTE]

We must have been at UGA at the same time.

Also, if you find anything at MC shoot me a PM, I would like to get 1 more 1600, or just 1 of the 4k.

[quote name='Tybee']I was at UGA during the Goff/Donnan era. So cry me a river.

[/QUOTE]

That's the same time I was there, dude. 1995-2001.

Players Club/University Commons/Polo Club/Springlake represent yo

[quote name='Enron']That's the same time I was there, dude. 1995-2001.

Players Club/University Commons/Polo Club/Springlake represent yo[/QUOTE]
HAHAHHA! No shit. U.C also, College Park, Surrey Square and crappleby mews.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']HAHAHHA! No shit. U.C also, College Park, Surrey Square and crappleby mews.[/QUOTE]

University Commons was my biggest mistake in college. That place was SO shitty, and a couple of roommates were assholes that year. I lived there in 1996-1997. One of my roommies got bored one night and decided it would be a good idea to make a pressure bomb out of a soda bottle, some draino, and aluminum foil. It went off in the breezeway of one of the buildings and we all nearly got arrested. We were on the front page of the R and B the next day and the athens banner herald. If you were at uga that year, you might remember that.

Polo Club was fun times. That place was cheap, decent, and party central. Our building always threw the most epic parties during football season.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I don't know why I bother with the Duluth Microcenter. EVERY deal there gets snapped up by a hoarder. Once saw a guy walking out with probably 20 wireless 360 controllers ($20 sale) and when I go in they're like we just sold them all, this time someone snatched all the points cards. Sounded fishy like the employees were in on it as they didn't have matching up stories except for the fact that they were moved from gaming to all being held in customer noservice. I think for a friend of theirs who no doubt shared the wealth with them. And Marietta is too far out of the way for me. Guess I'll wait longer for Shadow Complex.[/QUOTE]

I'm 100% sure the microcenter employees snatch these deals first. I've overheard them on many occasions.

^
Can you blame them? I would snag several myself if I worked there. On the other hand, I didn't see anything about this deal till it was all gone :(

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Totally boned looking for guides today. I wanted a RE5 LE bad. Buckhead, Perimeter and Kennesaw had nothing.[/QUOTE]

all of them are usually removed by the management...basterds

[quote name='animemaniac14']all of them are usually removed by the management...basterds[/QUOTE]
I had been getting lucky at Kennesaw but "We ain't found sh*t" in the last three drops or so.

Not trying to be a jerk about it but posting about them here just alerts the hoarders who lurk here. The less info provided to them the better.

[quote name='neocisco']Not trying to be a jerk about it but posting about them here just alerts the hoarders who lurk here. The less info provided to them the better.[/QUOTE]
This is true.

[quote name='neocisco']Not trying to be a jerk about it but posting about them here just alerts the hoarders who lurk here. The less info provided to them the better.[/QUOTE]

isn't that true about just about ALL of CAG?

The ATL crowd is pretty good about helping each other out and not hoarding. Most of those jackasses stop posting and just lurk as they are not very welcome.

I don't even check anymore. It's not worth it. It's pretty uncommon to find anything these days. Plus, is it even worth it for the risk of getting your car under water?

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I don't even check anymore. It's not worth it. It's pretty uncommon to find anything these days. Plus, is it even worth it for the risk of getting your car under water?[/QUOTE]
I'm good for that; I can ford 32 inches of standing water. However, if it rains anymore I'll need to put a snorkel on my ride.

Yea, I'm done too. I will gladly buy and trade with anyone else though. I like to get one guide for every game I own that has one. :cry:

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I'm good for that; I can ford 32 inches of standing water. However, if it rains anymore I'll need to put a snorkel on my ride.
[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you must have a nice 4x4. I couldn't believe some of the stuff they were showing on the news last night. Hope all you guys haven't had much trouble.

[quote name='jdawgg76']There were a couple at North Druid and three at the Target by northlake mall. Want one? I gotta work tomorrow so go right by one or both depending on which route I go.[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if NDruid still has any of the PoPs?

Also, did the MicroCenter points deal start on Sunday (9/20) or before that? I was there on Saturday and I even looked in the gaming area so I hope the deal wasn't live on Saturday because I will be mad that I missed it!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I'm good for that; I can ford 32 inches of standing water. However, if it rains anymore I'll need to put a snorkel on my ride.

Yea, I'm done too. I will gladly buy and trade with anyone else though. I like to get one guide for every game I own that has one. :cry:[/QUOTE]I always wanted to get a 70s Landcruiser fix it up and hook it up for offroading with snorkels, etc.
[quote name='ZharTheMad']Anyone know if NDruid still has any of the PoPs?

Also, did the MicroCenter points deal start on Sunday (9/20) or before that? I was there on Saturday and I even looked in the gaming area so I hope the deal wasn't live on Saturday because I will be mad that I missed it![/QUOTE]I think I picked up the last one at NDH for another CAG the other day. Still rang up 14.98.

Don't know when the mc deal started, but I'm hoping they restock before it's over whenever that is (and that they don't get hoarded by employees or otherwise).

[quote name='jdawgg76']I always wanted to get a 70s Landcruiser fix it up and hook it up for offroading with snorkels, etc.
I think I picked up the last one at NDH for another CAG the other day. Still rang up 14.98.

Don't know when the mc deal started, but I'm hoping they restock before it's over whenever that is (and that they don't get hoarded by employees or otherwise).[/QUOTE]

Same here. I have now only kept one of the 1600s for myself. I am too easily swayed by a bleeding heart story.

I would have gone up there today had I gone into the office (microcenter) but I'm not going anywhere near the 'hooch until it recedes. I'm just going to sit here in the house all week and pray the zombies from Ponce don't get desperate and start walking up this way looking for victims :x

Just curious, how many of you have met other ATL CAG's and who were they? I've met guinaevere (sp?), kjauburn, CocheseUGA, chuckie88 and maybe 1 or 2 others that I can't think of at the moment.

[quote name='neocisco']Just curious, how many of you have met other ATL CAG's and who were they? I've met guinaevere (sp?), kjauburn, CocheseUGA, chuckie88 and maybe 1 or 2 others that I can't think of at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I've met Ubiiquitous and ZhartheMad.

[quote name='neocisco']Just curious, how many of you have met other ATL CAG's and who were they? I've met guinaevere (sp?), kjauburn, CocheseUGA, chuckie88 and maybe 1 or 2 others that I can't think of at the moment.[/QUOTE]

I have met whisper22 and jdawgg76. Both very nice, friendly, and helpful (as all ATL CAGs are :))!

[quote name='ZharTheMad']I have met jdawgg76. Both very nice, friendly, and helpful (as all ATL CAGs are :))![/QUOTE]

Are you sure that was jdawgg?? I beg to differ with you. He's a real meanie.....

I'm throwing this out there, although, I know it's a messy idea, but I'd like for all of us to get together at some point. Somewhere central to all of us, like in the city or close to it. For dinner, or whatever. It would be cool because we could also bring guides, games, or whatever for trading/buying and just have a swell 'ol time with it.

I know it's tough for a lot of you with families, jobs and what-not, but it wouldn't have to be a long meet-up and we could do it at the most convenient time for the majority.

*expecting nothing to come of this*

Cobb Pkwy (Near Windy Hill Rd) Target has several copies of Force Unleased (Xbox 360) at $7.48.

Walmart down the street from it (Terell Mill I think) has Beautiful Katamari (Xbox 360) $15 - only a couple of copies.

Target off N. Point Pkwy has Epson Printer (all in one with scanner/copier) NX100 for $20.98 - counted about 5 of these. Also has Raving Rabbids for Wii at ~$10.

Target off Hwy9/Windward Pkwy & N. Point Pkwy has XL cans (these are the big ones) of compressed air at $2.48 (half off).

Targets all around are clearancing their 1TB external drives. Currently the ones I've visited have them at $83. They WILL drop to $50 if they stay in stock. Please keep your eye on this and PM users on the forum (like myself!) if and where you see these at $50. Don't post locations for hoarders!

[quote name='breezie']Targets all around are clearancing their 1TB external drives. Currently the ones I've visited have them at $83. They WILL drop to $50 if they stay in stock. Please keep your eye on this and PM users on the forum (like myself!) if and where you see these at $50. Don't post locations for hoarders![/QUOTE]

I'm watching those as well. I found an external Lightscribe DVD burner for $18 yesterday. I was planning on buying one online for about $60 so that was an amazing find.

I'm interested in the TB externals and the external Lightscribes, just as an FYI. I'll keep my eye out around Hiram/Marietta/Acworth/Kennesaw Areas.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Are you sure that was jdawgg?? I beg to differ with you. He's a real meanie.....[/QUOTE]Yeah, I actually sent my personal assistant to meet up with Zhar so that explains that. That's just how I roll. Plus, Zhar's actually cool.
[quote name='breezie']Targets all around are clearancing their 1TB external drives. Currently the ones I've visited have them at $83. They WILL drop to $50 if they stay in stock. Please keep your eye on this and PM users on the forum (like myself!) if and where you see these at $50. Don't post locations for hoarders![/QUOTE]Those external drives disappeared fast everywhere I look. I got a 500GB @ $50 (50% off) a few weeks back because I figured they'd never last to $25 IF they'd even drop below 50% off which sometimes doesn't happen and I didn't know the %age of the first drop which can indicate if an item will end at 75% or 40/50%. They're all gone now and there are only two or three total 1TBs between ALL (7 or 8) of the stores I've looked. By the way, since the starting price is $120, the 50% off price will be 60 and the 40% off price would be 72. When an item doesn't end at 75%, it ends either at 40% off or 50% off, but I can't remember the specific pattern, it may be that they go 5, 15, 40 or 15, 30, 50. I guess that means the 1TBs would go to 50.
[quote name='gsugator']I'm waiting for Street Fight IV to hit the magical $14.98 price point, I saw a couple copies still priced around $28.[/QUOTE]Man, I've been waiting for that one to get cheap. Good news, BTW, it's starting at the newer MSRP of $40 so it'll end at 9.98 instead! I'm just really hoping it lasts.

[quote name='jdawgg76']
Man, I've been waiting for that one to get cheap. Good news, BTW, it's starting at the newer MSRP of $40 so it'll end at 9.98 instead! I'm just really hoping it lasts.[/QUOTE]

Don't hold your breath. Something tells me they are all gonna be toast at the 28.xx pricepoint. I saw 3 copies tonight for 360 at 28.xx; if anyone is interested to know where they are, shoot me a PM

Weeks ago (or is it months now) I managed one of the WD 750s at 50% off. I knew it wouldn't make it to 25%.
There was one other at that location and it was gone next day. Grab them shits at 50% off.

I've met Wolfkin, who was a nice fella, and elGray, who is an utter bastard. :cool:

If anyone finds the Paintball game for the Wii for $15 or less, grab it for me or PM me the location if there's several copies. There's a copy at the Stonecrest Target but its still at $20 and there's only one copy (and its in the case so I can't hide it).

Has anyone else noticed any other Targets putting most of their clearance games in the cases now?

I don't know if Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is hard to find, but there are 3 copies for $25 at a store in North Gwinnett. They also had 1 copy of Quake 4 (360) for $10. All were new copies.

PM and I'll tell you the location.

[quote name='whisper22']If anyone finds the Paintball game for the Wii for $15 or less, grab it for me or PM me the location if there's several copies. There's a copy at the Stonecrest Target but its still at $20 and there's only one copy (and its in the case so I can't hide it).

Has anyone else noticed any other Targets putting most of their clearance games in the cases now?[/QUOTE]

About half the targets I hit do this now because of theft. People would open some of these games on the endcaps, steal the discs, and leave the case in the stack. I actually saw a kid do it at the North Druid Hills store.

[quote name='Enron']About half the targets I hit do this now because of theft. People would open some of these games on the endcaps, steal the discs, and leave the case in the stack. I actually saw a kid do it at the North Druid Hills store.[/QUOTE]

Smyrnietta 41 target is notorious for this and, on top of that, they back-stack them behind a single title in a single column. So if you want to see whats on clearance you have to ask them to open the case. It's terrible, but then again I have also seen people stealing personally on several occasions; not games specifically but (sadly) baby formula and DVDs.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I don't know if Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin is hard to find, but there are 3 copies for $25 at a store in North Gwinnett. They also had 1 copy of Quake 4 (360) for $10. All were new copies.

PM and I'll tell you the location.[/QUOTE]

PoR isn't hard to find? it's DAWN OF SORROW that's rare..Whatchu talkin bout Willis?:lol:

[quote name='animemaniac14']PoR isn't hard to find? it's DAWN OF SORROW that's rare..Whatchu talkin bout Willis?:lol:[/QUOTE]

I didn't know if any of them were rare, but I know Castlevania games are usually pretty popular and I don't recall seeing any Castlevanias too often for the DS in stores, but I also wasn't purposely looking for them either.

Anyone know how bad the Marietta best buy is about price matching? I'm hoping to get $50 off an elite by price matching Microcenter, but ATL is 2 hours out of my way - if I drive out there to get shot down it'd be heart breaking.

[quote name='Izod517']Anyone know how bad the Marietta best buy is about price matching? [/QUOTE]
In my experience: Marietta Best Buy is the worst of them all for price matching and using factory coupons. They have fought me over PMing nationally advertised sales prices , make me wait while they call every Fry's to verify stock and verify prices on PMs . . .etc.

I once returned my kid's bargain bin DVD there and they opened up the replacement and just swapped out the disc and made a big deal about it~ they told me it was in case I was stealing some sort code, box, bar code, or insert.

I didn't really care, I just wanted the kids movie to work, but was pretty insulted after the fact (it was a $4.99 strawberry short cake kids movie for crying out loud).

In short-

That is the worst Best Buy I have been to in metro-Atlanta for that kind of stuff.

Wow thanks for the heads up; suggestions for a better one close enough to justify the Microcenter match? -- I'm coming from Birmingham, AL if that helps. I mean I get great gas mileage so it's ultimately a savings if I could get a BB to match. Don't live close enough to use Mircrocenter's GC and I'd rather have it off the purchase price anyways.

[quote name='Izod517']Wow thanks for the heads up; suggestions for a better one close enough to justify the Microcenter match? -- I'm coming from Birmingham, AL if that helps. I mean I get great gas mileage so it's ultimately a savings if I could get a BB to match. Don't live close enough to use Mircrocenter's GC and I'd rather have it off the purchase price anyways.[/QUOTE]

I think the closest one for you in GA is the one in Douglasville. It's right off I-20, so it's an easy drive from B'Ham. There's also one in Oxford, AL on I-20, but it might be too far from MC to justify a match. It's worth trying, since you'd have to drive by it anyway.

Honestly, though, is it even worth the ~ 3-4 hours plus gas mileage? I'd rather just spend $50 extra dollars.

In case anybody misses or missed it, in the Best Buy ad for NEXT week thread, NFS: Shift is going to be $39.99. Great deal if you like racing games (jdawgg).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']In my experience: Marietta Best Buy is the worst of them all for price matching and using factory coupons. They have fought me over PMing nationally advertised sales prices , make me wait while they call every Fry's to verify stock and verify prices on PMs . . .etc.

I once returned my kid's bargain bin DVD there and they opened up the replacement and just swapped out the disc and made a big deal about it~ they told me it was in case I was stealing some sort code, box, bar code, or insert.

I didn't really care, I just wanted the kids movie to work, but was pretty insulted after the fact (it was a $4.99 strawberry short cake kids movie for crying out loud).

In short-

That is the worst Best Buy I have been to in metro-Atlanta for that kind of stuff.[/QUOTE]

I hate that best buy purely for that overweight creepy blond guy that works there that follows you around every two seconds asking you if you need help.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I think the closest one for you in GA is the one in Douglasville. It's right off I-20, so it's an easy drive from B'Ham. There's also one in Oxford, AL on I-20, but it might be too far from MC to justify a match. It's worth trying, since you'd have to drive by it anyway.

Honestly, though, is it even worth the ~ 3-4 hours plus gas mileage? I'd rather just spend $50 extra dollars.[/QUOTE]

With my gas mileage, yeah probably. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back