Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='CocheseUGA']There were no 1600 cards at either location.[/QUOTE]
They're all gone?! There were buckets full of them.

[quote name='mazinga z']Not sure if this is proper forum, but Target is clearancing out the Transformer Combiner Sets(20.99). If they drop to 50 percent I'll scoop them so I can justify the add on kits for them...[/QUOTE]Which Target?

I was at the howell mill & 75 walmart last night and there's an island labeled "clearance" right in front of the electronics dept that's full of games for almost all systems (saw some gba and original xbox stuff in there). problem is i couldn't find anything i wanted that was *actually* on clearance. odd find of the night was dmc4: se for 360 that was ringing up as batman volume 1 for $5.xx. didn't ask anyone about it because they were busy and i didn't actually want it, but might be worth looking into.

[quote name='guinaevere']They're all gone?! There were buckets full of them.

Which Target?[/QUOTE]

Just got back from Microcenter (marietta) - Buckets full of 1600 points for $12.99 as stated- got myself 2

Thank you Breezie! I will now get my lazy ass motivated, showered, and over to the Marietta location.

BTW, there hasn't been much in local area Targets of note except for a few $20 SFIVs (360), Bigs 2 360 (27.98), GOW PSP (13.98) and TW10 Motion Plus (41.98). PM me if you want the locations as they vary.

[quote name='guinaevere']They're all gone?! There were buckets full of them.

Which Target?[/QUOTE]

Holcomb bridge Target in Alpharetta/Roswell near Nesbit Ferry.

[quote name='breezie']Just got back from Microcenter (marietta) - Buckets full of 1600 points for $12.99 as stated- got myself 2[/QUOTE]

Hope you asked them where they were hiding them on Friday. There were ZERO.

Must have been in the back Cochese as there were none on the racks but a guy was putting more out when I got there. Picked up 3 1600 pt cards @ 12.99 ea.

[quote name='mitch079']Must have been in the back Cochese as there were none on the racks but a guy was putting more out when I got there. Picked up 3 1600 pt cards @ 12.99 ea.[/QUOTE]

Sweet...here's hoping there are some left when I get there tomorrow afternoon.

re: microcenter, make sure you ask whoever's working the video game room if you don't see them. when i went in (marietta) the only ones on the floor were in a bucket by the desk in the back that the guy had to find. i asked if there were more and he said they had a whole bag of them in the back somewhere but he'd have to find them. just ask for the clearance points, the guy knew what i was talking about.

Dumb question on those Transformer Combiner sets: Am I correct to surmise that the six individual vehicles do NOT transform into separate robots a la the original Constructicon toys? Basically, it's just six vehicles that form "Movie Devastator" in the same manner as a Power Rangers combiner?

This quandary is what's been keeping me from buying it

Well, that shows you how dumb I am. All this time I thought everyone was talking about the giant 6-pack "Movie Constructicons" that formed "Movie Devastator." I actually did know that the Aerialbot and Combaticon sets were true combiners, although I'm still somewhat disappointed that they kind of cheated by using the same toy mold for both arms and both legs instead of 4 different molds like the original 80's ones (i. e. two tanks and two helicopters for Bruticus instead of a tank, jeep, helicopter, and space shuttle). Still, I have been debating the Aerialbots

Thanks to all the Microcenter peeps! I finally got some clearance XBL points today. There were none on the shelves (a bunch for 4000 point ones though), but as someone mentioned, I asked a representative and they opened a gray container next to the desk that was about half full of them. Got 3 and was on my way. Thanks again everyone!

Curse this group for making me spend money ;)

Finally made it to the Mansell Wal-Mart today and bought the following at $5 each

:360: Afro Samurai
:360: Simpsons
:360: Sonic Unleashed
:wii: Nancy Drew - The White Wolf of Icicle Creek (okay, stop laughing)

And just in case people did not believe it, unfortunately that AC/DC pack is, indeed, back to $29.92

They MAY have had one or two more of Sonic Unleashed. The one I found was not in the main $5 display facing toward the registers. It was in the display to the left of the main glass cases and hidden behind some other totally disorganized games.

[quote name='grundy']They MAY have had one or two more of Sonic Unleashed. The one I found was not in the main $5 display facing toward the registers. It was in the display to the left of the main glass cases and hidden behind some other totally disorganized games.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those open shelves to the left of the glass cases are CHAOS. Games of multiple platforms stuck behind other stuff. That's where the copies of Tomb Raider were, but they were all gone as of Friday at lunchtime.

Don't skip the other rack over near the photo lab. Some random PC and other games over there, along with a few musical instruments for games.

To anyone wanting to hit the Alpharetta Fry's for clearance games (at least Wii clearance games) don't bother. My wife just went by to pick up a copy of ExciteBots for my brother in law for Christmas. The ENTIRE Wii section with the exception of a couple fishing games was cleared out. She asked one of the people working there and apparently they know a guy that comes in and occasionally clears out the entire section they assume for resale. He apparently showed up this weekend. I asked and even the games that were higher like the Conduit are even gone. So much for waiting on that one to drop a little more.

I just hope he didn't go and pull the ones that weren't in the clearance section as well.

Anyone looking for penny guides:
The BB on Sydney Marcus has just about everything except Tomb Raider U, and Star Ocean and spore. Definitely has Gfather 2, Infamous, Wolfenstein (1), UFC (1), Fallout 3, NCAA 10, GoW2, SF4, MK v DCU, Transformers2, Metroid Trilogy (1), LBP, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters. I tried to get the only Zelda, but there was no barcode and a 14.99 sticker on it so I figured they'd charge that eventually and I left it at the register. Guess it was sealed and someone unwrapped it.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Anyone looking for penny guides:
The BB on Sydney Marcus has just about everything except Tomb Raider U, and Star Ocean and spore. Definitely has Gfather 2, Infamous, Wolfenstein (1), UFC (1), Fallout 3, NCAA 10, GoW2, SF4, MK v DCU, Transformers2, Metroid Trilogy (1), LBP, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters. I tried to get the only Zelda, but there was no barcode and a 14.99 sticker on it so I figured they'd charge that eventually and I left it at the register. Guess it was sealed and someone unwrapped it.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that's wild. That store had been pulling them before opening on the past few drops so I had given up. I would love Godfather 2 and would pay shipping if someone would get that for me.

Great, now I have TWO dilemmas:

1. Should I get the $9.98 SF IV at Target, or wait until Super Street Fighter IV next year
2. Should I get the $39.99 Fallout 3 Collector's Edition with lunchbox or the $59.99 GOTY edition with no lunchbox, but all of the DLC

[quote name='GamingGator']To anyone wanting to hit the Alpharetta Fry's for clearance games (at least Wii clearance games) don't bother. My wife just went by to pick up a copy of ExciteBots for my brother in law for Christmas. The ENTIRE Wii section with the exception of a couple fishing games was cleared out. She asked one of the people working there and apparently they know a guy that comes in and occasionally clears out the entire section they assume for resale. He apparently showed up this weekend. I asked and even the games that were higher like the Conduit are even gone. So much for waiting on that one to drop a little more.

I just hope he didn't go and pull the ones that weren't in the clearance section as well.[/QUOTE]
That sucks! I was trying to get up there tomorrow. I rarely go into the one near me (in Gwinnet) since it's always cleaned out immediately once they're marked down (and I have to go through literally all the games hoping a clearanced game was "stashed" behind another). I stopped going once I saw an Asian man with a Palm scanning games there one morning.

[quote name='grundy']Great, now I have TWO dilemmas:

1. Should I get the $9.98 SF IV at Target, or wait until Super Street Fighter IV next year
2. Should I get the $39.99 Fallout 3 Collector's Edition with lunchbox or the $59.99 GOTY edition with no lunchbox, but all of the DLC[/QUOTE]

Get the Street Fighter, it was worth it at 59.99 and it's definatly worth it at 10 bucks. Get good and you can come and enter our Yearly tournament(Tournament plug!) Final Round!

[quote name='grundy']Great, now I have TWO dilemmas:

2. Should I get the $39.99 Fallout 3 Collector's Edition with lunchbox or the $59.99 GOTY edition with no lunchbox, but all of the DLC[/QUOTE]

1. Go for Street Fighter IV at $10. Unless you are a super fan, this should hold you off until SSFIV drops. And if you don't have a stick, it'll help you save money since you really need one to play.
2. If you know anyone getting GOTY, you can install the DLC from their disc and use it that way. If so, get the lunch box. If not, the DLC adds a TON of quality content, so if you think you'll actually play it (the original game is huge in its own right), then it's worth the extra $20.

Read on Slickdeals that The Blu-RAy Transformers 2 movie is 13.00 bucks at Wal-Mart. Gonna go check it out, after I beg Papa Johns for their 3.00 off coupon,lol.

Oh yes, Blu Ray Transformers 2, Two disk set for 13.00 at wally world. Use the 3.00 off coupon and get it for 10.91. Plus a little birdie told me a secret about some more 5.00 games....

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Which Walmart, though. It appears to really be YMMV.[/QUOTE]
My brother tells me the $13 Transformers 2 :br: is no more. The price hike is probably in everyone's best interest.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Which Walmart, though. It appears to really be YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Isn't Mazinga the one who interviewed at a walmart that has had a stash of $5 games recently? I'm going to guess it's that walmart.

Well, SD lists that one along with a location in Woodstock. But they don't specify which one. I know of 92 and Trickum, plus Bells Ferry at Eagle.

It is. I spoke to the Electronics Manager on Friday when I was there. Apparently, a lot of titles are getting marked down. The EM stated there are A LOT of titles that ring up regular prices on scanners but are not in the "MOD" system. I work in Advertising, but not Marketing so I don't really know what that means.

Anyway, after I had the EM scan a few items (which were ringing up $19.XX-$39.99, some weren't in the "MOD" so I got them for $5.00 a piece (MGS4 - PS3, Last Remnant and Godfather 2 - 360). I went up there today and they've been cleaned out pretty good.

Even though I assume it is YMMV, you probably just need to talk to the EM at any location. All stores are doing a massive "cleaning out" of their stockroom as well as older titles. I saw alot of long lost GC and Xbox titles at various locations.

Oh yeah, I also picked up Robocop CE for the original XBox (still sealed). Time to go to the attic and grab "old trusty" that doesn't red ring on me.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Well, SD lists that one along with a location in Woodstock. But they don't specify which one. I know of 92 and Trickum, plus Bells Ferry at Eagle.[/QUOTE]

Those are the 2 in Woodstock, no more.

Am I missing something? I didn't see which location(s) has the $5 games in any of the recent posts.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Im dumb, they did say Trickum. That's on the way to the gym. I know it's supposed to suck, but a BD for $13... Yay or nay?[/QUOTE]
Total Yay!! Sucks, but looks spectacular on BD!! Reminded me of younger days when I got my first "high speed" stereo system and watched Top Gun cranked up!!

Forgive me, but I'm very confused now. Apart from not knowing which walmart we're talking about (i thought I knew, but now I think i was wrong), I don't understand this:

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Anyway, after I had the EM scan a few items (which were ringing up $19.XX-$39.99, some weren't in the "MOD" so I got them for $5.00 a piece[/QUOTE]
If they scan (read: ring up) at $19.XX-$39.99, why did he mark them down? It sounds like they scanned regular price, so I'm not getting how he or any cashier would know to knock the price down to $five.

Sorry, I'm just really not getting this.

Officially requesting: MGS4 and/ or Last Remnant if anyone finds either of them.

[quote name='guinaevere']Forgive me, but I'm very confused now. Apart from not knowing which walmart we're talking about (i thought I knew, but now I think i was wrong), I don't understand this:

If they scan (read: ring up) at $19.XX-$39.99, why did he mark them down? It sounds like they scanned regular price, so I'm not getting how he or any cashier would know to knock the price down to $five.

Sorry, I'm just really not getting this.[/QUOTE]
It shocked me also. The EM kept stating even though they were scanning (on both the consumer price checkers and their handheld scanners) regular/reduced prices (non of them were $59.XX however), they were not in the "MOD" system.

I assume $5.00 is the lowest they can go on any game that's not in their "MOD".

^ "MOD" is basically insider language for designated shelf space. AKA game not on MOD means it doesn't have a place to go. So just like Target clearance they are making room for new games. However at Walmart each store's department managers can do their own markdowns, so thats why you won't find the same price at all stores.

It seems like the talk about $5 games, Transformers BR and and which locations for them got completely jumbled. So let me see if I have this straight.

$5 games confirmed ONLY at the Mansell Wal-Mart and YMMV at all others, correct?

---------------

BTW, thanks for the info, YGI.

I just walked over to Mansell WMart. Not too much of interest left. They have cleared out most of the chaotic value shelves by the glass case (and were working on re-stocking them when I was there, it seemed).

The central rack facing the registers was pretty sparse, but there are a couple of copies of the LOST PC game, EVE Online PC, a Command & Conquer PC add-on pack, and a few unwanted console games.

I think the only 360 games left were GH2 and that Universe at War game. One copy of PS2 American Idol KR. One Disney Wii Sing It game (no mic) on the back shelf. Otherwise, mostly old sports games, and a few copies of LOL for DS. 2x of Golden Compass for PS3. 1x Conan Online PC. Nothing else sticks out in my mind.

Oh, they have a bunch of 3packs of cheap PS2 games. Those are $5 for the pack. Might be worth it, I suppose.

bread's done
Back