Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

If anyone in the area that you know of is in the market for a used truck, my friend is needing to sell her Durango and/ or the GMC Canyon she bought for her son during better days, in order to pay her rent this month.
this womans life is just a complete sob story; her son has muscular dystrophy, her ex is getting all his social security and legally they can't do anything about bc he has joint custody... that SS that they aren't getting counts as income bc its under the sons SS number (the caseworker explained it, but I still don't understand how this can be happening...) so she can't get foodstamps to pay for their food. and she's disabled so she can't work. and her disability isn't enough to pay the bills.

We went to Carmax today and they were going to give her $3k for the Durango, but she was hoping for a little more than that. Here's the email she wrote with any information... if anyone wants pictures, I have those.

Hey everyone I am having to downsize quickly. I am selling my SUV and possibly my truck. If any one is interested or knows anyone who is interested I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.

2002 Dodge Durango 105000 mile runs and looks GREAT. Just got it inspected before I sell it and it got a great bill of health. It is listed on Edmunds and Kelley Blue Book for between 5,000 and 8,000 and I am asking $4000 cash. I attached pictures

2006 GMC Canyon 4 door Red pickup. It has 55,776 miles on it. I still owe ABOUT $10,000. I will sell it for what I owe on it. It is listed on Edmunds & Kelley Blue Book for 14,000 to 18,000.

I have got to lower my monthly out go and I need help. Please if anyone knows anyone who is looking for a vehicle. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell them about my vehicles. Thanks so much

[quote name='guinaevere']If anyone in the area that you know of is in the market for a used truck, my friend is needing to sell her Durango and/ or the GMC Canyon she bought for her son during better days, in order to pay her rent this month.
this womans life is just a complete sob story; her son has muscular dystrophy, her ex is getting all his social security and legally they can't do anything about bc he has joint custody... that SS that they aren't getting counts as income bc its under the sons SS number (the caseworker explained it, but I still don't understand how this can be happening...) so she can't get foodstamps to pay for their food. and she's disabled so she can't work. and her disability isn't enough to pay the bills.

We went to Carmax today and they were going to give her $3k for the Durango, but she was hoping for a little more than that. Here's the email she wrote with any information... if anyone wants pictures, I have those.

Hey everyone I am having to downsize quickly. I am selling my SUV and possibly my truck. If any one is interested or knows anyone who is interested I would greatly appreciate any help you can give.

2002 Dodge Durango 105000 mile runs and looks GREAT. Just got it inspected before I sell it and it got a great bill of health. It is listed on Edmunds and Kelley Blue Book for between 5,000 and 8,000 and I am asking $4000 cash. I attached pictures

2006 GMC Canyon 4 door Red pickup. It has 55,776 miles on it. I still owe ABOUT $10,000. I will sell it for what I owe on it. It is listed on Edmunds & Kelley Blue Book for 14,000 to 18,000.

I have got to lower my monthly out go and I need help. Please if anyone knows anyone who is looking for a vehicle. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell them about my vehicles. Thanks so much
[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for it to clearance out at Target. :)

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I'm waiting for it to clearance out at Target. :)[/QUOTE]

Boo, to you sir. I'll ask around and see if anyone's interested.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I'm waiting for it to clearance out at Target. :)[/QUOTE]Ubii, I'm surprised at you. :lol:
tongue.gif

[quote name='mazinga z']Boo, to you sir. I'll ask around and see if anyone's interested.[/QUOTE]Thanks a million, Mazinga. I wish there were something I could do. The best I'm able to do is spend time with her and support her that way. But I'm the kind of person that when there is a problem, I want to fix it. In this case though, I haven't the contacts or knowledge to help. ::frustrated::

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I'm waiting for it to clearance out at Target. :)[/QUOTE]Cold.... but funny, but cold. I'm selling a 2005 Vue with 31k for 10 thou, but i anyone tells me their interested in a different ride I'll keep it mind to pass it along.

[quote name='mazinga z']Boo, to you sir. I'll ask around and see if anyone's interested.[/QUOTE]

I was just being funny, everyone. I thought it would get a laugh from you all. Never mind.

Anyway, Gwen, if I hear someone looking for a truck in that range, I'll steer him/her that way. I have a friend looking, but he's only looking for a $1000 beat-up job.

Sorry if anyone misinterpreted my post as mean. I was genuinely just trying to be funny, not to make light of any situation.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']I was just being funny, everyone. I thought it would get a laugh from you all. Never mind.

Anyway, Gwen, if I hear someone looking for a truck in that range, I'll steer him/her that way. I have a friend looking, but he's only looking for a $1000 beat-up job.

Sorry if anyone misinterpreted my post as mean. I was genuinely just trying to be funny, not to make light of any situation.[/QUOTE]Aw, come on, it's all good as far as I'm concerned. I said it was funny :) ... and cold. It's not like you said you'd wait all the way until it was 90% off unmarked and unnoticed at Sears. Now that woulda been uncalled for ;)

That's cool. It's tough when it's online and it's written to tell if people are really offended. So, I just didn't want to take that chance with my fellow ATL CAGs. Now, if it's the penny guide thread, I don't mind stepping on a few of their toes.....

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']. . . Now, if it's the penny guide thread, I don't mind stepping on a few of their toes.....[/QUOTE]Yeah, that's funny stuff.

I know this has been posted numerous times but the Microcenters here in Atlanta area are having a blowout of 3 month Live Cards($10) 1600 points($12) and 4000($20). The one in duluth only has live cards and headset packages left. They will be restocking soon though

[quote name='Demoonfoot']I know this has been posted numerous times but the Microcenters here in Atlanta area are having a blowout of 3 month Live Cards($10) 1600 points($12) and 4000($20). The one in duluth only has live cards and headset packages left. They will be restocking soon though[/QUOTE]

Holy hell...4000 points for $20? Any heads up on a restock would be great. Even though I have like $130 in points, at that price, I can't pass them up. I'll use them eventually.

WOO! Atlanta is getting a Lego Discovery Center!

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2009/10/26/story1.html?b=1256529600^2308781

[quote name='Tybee']WOO! Atlanta is getting a Lego Discovery Center!

http://atlanta.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2009/10/26/story1.html?b=1256529600^2308781[/QUOTE]

Come on Alpharetta. Pick Alpharetta!:pray:

Just ran around looking for some clearance stuff and everything seems to be sold out around Hiram area. Although the Target in Hiram did have external DVD burners for 49.xx at least 3 in stock yesterday

Checked Walmart on Mansell Rd. today, no new 5 dollar games up yet...super secret source says probably later this evening or tommorow.

Hey, just wanted to post up. I have a new iPhone 3g 16 gig for sale. I won it at work. It's still in the box and it's jailbroken. Didn't know if anybody here was looking for one but thought I'd post up about it.

I haven't had time for games at all because of midterms. The backlog keeps getting larger. lol

Good news is that more games are out. "Bad" news is that they are all 10 bucks now. I picked up House of the dead 2 and 3 and Overkill for the Wii. They had Riddick for 360, that's all the notable ones I can remember seeing...

[quote name='mazinga z']Good news is that more games are out. "Bad" news is that they are all 10 bucks now. I picked up House of the dead 2 and 3 and Overkill for the Wii. They had Riddick for 360, that's all the notable ones I can remember seeing...[/QUOTE]

Do you remember what other games they had? $10? Well, it's still better than full price :lol:

[quote name='mazinga z']Good news is that more games are out. "Bad" news is that they are all 10 bucks now. I picked up House of the dead 2 and 3 and Overkill for the Wii. They had Riddick for 360, that's all the notable ones I can remember seeing...[/QUOTE]

Not only are the new games $10, "most" of the leftover $5 games have been raised to $10 as well.

Ronin, how much are you asking? I don't know how much those phones go for, but I am curious. They seem to be all that.

[quote name='Jam424']Yeah Guinaevere, ANOTHER Hiram CAG. (I actually live in Dallas though and go to school in Marietta, but work in Hiram)[/QUOTE]Sweet! I'm in Hiram, not far from the Ridge Road ball field, but now that I'm not housebound any more, I drive all over.

[quote name='mazinga z']Good news is that more games are out. "Bad" news is that they are all 10 bucks now. I picked up House of the dead 2 and 3 and Overkill for the Wii.[/QUOTE]
Hrmm... gotta go towards acworth to the Insurance company tomorrow, but then I think I'll try hitting this Wally.

[quote name='grundy']Do you remember what other games they had? $10? Well, it's still better than full price :lol:[/QUOTE]

There is a huge lot of DS games too many to remember but mostly forgettable titles (for me). I got Chrono Trigger and FFIV, but there was only one of each. The only other titles I remember are Elite Beat Agents & Exit, but like I said there are a whole bunch more.

I remember Sonic Unleashed for all three systems, and Lego Batman for the PS3.

As for the House of the Dead games, if that is what you are looking for, I wouldn't bother. From what I remember, there was only 2 of each title when I looked.

[quote name='guinaevere']Ronin, how much are you asking? I don't know how much those phones go for, but I am curious. They seem to be all that.

Sweet! I'm in Hiram, not far from the Ridge Road ball field, but now that I'm not housebound any more, I drive all over.

Hrmm... gotta go towards acworth to the Insurance company tomorrow, but then I think I'll try hitting this Wally.[/QUOTE]

Count one more. Street address is Dallas but just about in Hiram. Good ol' Paulding County. I've never had any luck at either Wally's but have had some decent luck at Target.

Xbox 360 madcatz dance pad (for ddr) - $0.99 @ Marietta Microcenter... Dunno why it was so cheap... saw another one there too.

boxugi.jpg

receiptp.jpg

Nice pickup. Aren't their orange tagged items 50% off or was that a temporary sale? I ask because I picked up Oblivion GOTY for $15 ($29.99 then 50% off with orange sticker) from them a couple of weeks ago.

[quote name='guinaevere']Ronin, how much are you asking? I don't know how much those phones go for, but I am curious. They seem to be all that.

Sweet! I'm in Hiram, not far from the Ridge Road ball field, but now that I'm not housebound any more, I drive all over.

Hrmm... gotta go towards acworth to the Insurance company tomorrow, but then I think I'll try hitting this Wally.[/QUOTE]

Those phones are all that. I bought one this summer, and I have no idea how I survived without one before.

[quote name='Enron']Those phones are all that. I bought one this summer, and I have no idea how I survived without one before.[/QUOTE]

+1. I love my iPhone. That said, with newer and better Android models coming out, I could have survived without before I got one. But now that I have one, really hard to put it down. A big thing to me is I always carried around an iPod so it's two devices in one. Plus since I have a Mac, the ecosystem works best.

[quote name='breezie']There's a reason so many people have Iphones--- its just that good o_O[/QUOTE]
I loathe all apple products including the ipods, but love my iPhone (save the camera).

I've tried other smart phones with Symbian and Windows mobile- none have been passable for me. If not for the camera, lack of microSD slot, and AT&T the iPhone would be perfection.

Finally made it to the Mansell Wal-Mart again. Nothing really interesting...well not to me anyway, but I did manage to snag a Henry Hatsworth for $10 Probably at least 1 more copy still there

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I loathe all apple products including the ipods, but love my iPhone (save the camera).

I've tried other smart phones with Symbian and Windows mobile- none have been passable for me. If not for the camera, lack of microSD slot, and AT&T the iPhone would be perfection.[/QUOTE]Being out of my spending range and only with AT&T I haven't bothered looking into iphones at all. Are you saying they have poor cameras and no mSD slot? Wow. At least the third problem will be fixed next summer when the exclusivity deal ends since Apple's tired of its customers complaining about AT&T's poor service. Of course, everyone will have to unlock their phones or more likely for the common consumer buy a new one with a new carrier.

If anyone's looking for the Reissue Transformers, the Toys r' Us on Northpoint PKWY in Alpharetta has 1 Perceptor and 1 Insecticon set left.

The Target on Dallas Highway/ Barret Parkway had about two or three GTA Chinatown ds on clearance for around $eight. More importantly, the Burger King there is test marketing Touch Screen Coke Machines. The technology is kinda useless on those machines, but they're fun AND they had Pibb Zero. =D

I saw one of those machines at a Subway next to TeaHouse comics on Roswell road, it's cool how you can make your own mixes! Plus they had cherry Hi-C! I was like, WOOOOOOOOORRRRRDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

[quote name='guinaevere']The Target on Dallas Highway/ Barret Parkway had about two or three GTA Chinatown ds on clearance for around $eight. More importantly, the Burger King there is test marketing Touch Screen Coke Machines. The technology is kinda useless on those machines, but they're fun AND they had Pibb Zero. =D[/QUOTE]

Mr. Pibb ZERO from a fountain you say. Interesting, since CZ is crack and has replaced coffee for me, I may need to check that out.

Those fountains are called Coke Freestyle machines. Tybee and I have been keeping tabs on them for a while now, and I finally got to try the one at that Subway in SSprings a few weeks ago.

Grape Vault= awesome
Orange Coke= not awesome
Cherry Sprite= quite nice!

You can find a list of all the locations that have them here:
http://www.facebook.com/cocacolafreestyle

There's a Google Map of them somewhere, but I can't find that link right now.

Have hit probably 5 Targets this week-- nothing good to be found. If anyone sees a $10 copy of Red Faction: Guerilla for PC, please grab it or give a shout! Thanks.

bread's done
Back