Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

I saw this ad in the paper and thought I'd share with anyone who might be interested.

Sale at Play N Trade November 6,7,8
2990 Eagle Drive #110
Woodstock,GA 30188
770-924-9300

select new games 10-30% off

pre-owned consoles on sale
PS1 $10
PS2 $40
Xbox $25
DS Lite $80
PSP 1000 $70
GBA $20
GBA SP $20
N64 $18
Dreamcast $20
NES $30
SNES $25
GameCube $20

PS1, PS2 and Xbox games B1G1 free

Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, GC, DS, PSP, and all retro games B1G1 50% off

huge selection of sports games B2G3 free

20% extra store credit on games and consoles traded in 11/6-8

30% extra store credit on games traded in 11/6-8 if trade-in is applied toward select pre-order games

Is it just the one location? Cause there's a Play N Trade in Snellville too (and its way closer for me). $40 for a PS2 would be good just to be able to play some of those games we still have floating around.

Yeah, it's just the one location. It's their one year anniversary. IIRC, PNT works similar to CD Warehouse in that they franchise to individuals and provide basic support without the corporate overlord nonsense so each location tends to do individual sales and promotions.

Anyone know of any places around Atlanta that I could pick up a 32" LCD HD TV and a PS3? Right now I'm looking at around $399 for a Vizio TV and the $299 for the PS3 slim.

[quote name='Jam424']Anyone know of any places around Atlanta that I could pick up a 32" LCD HD TV and a PS3? Right now I'm looking at around $399 for a Vizio TV and the $299 for the PS3 slim.[/QUOTE]

Well, $299 for a Slim is MSRP so you should be able to find it anywhere. As for TVs, most stores (Best Buy for sure) have a decent selection of 32" LCD HDTVs for $400 or less. However, expect them to typically be lesser brands and only 720p, not 1080p. Keep your eyes peeled for Black Friday deals and I bet you can find something better for the same price.

Felder71 is correct. Wait until BF (or after, based on retail sales) for drops on TVs. You're not going to see a drop on the PS3s anytime soon (160gb is still $399 everywhere and 80gb are still holding steady at $299). If there's a game you want, wait until they hopefully start releasing bundles and maybe you can save a little cash.

Went to Target on L'Ville Suwanee. Had G.I.Joe $12.XX or $14.XX (360 - about 8), GTA IV $20.XX (360 - 2), FO3 Lookout Exp Pack $13.XX (360 - 2), Indiana Jones: SOTK $9.XX (DS - 1), X-Blades $14.XX (PS3 - 1), Pokemon: EOD $8.24 (DS - 1).

Also had 1 of the Sony Booklight Reader Case for $12.XX (the lowest price I've seen it so far). Great price on this if the actual unit ever goes on clearance (which it probably will since Kindle is the standard).

RF:Guerilla - Xbox $27.XX, Wolverine, Section 8 held their prices at $41.XX. I've seen Zune accessories so cheap, I'm kicking myself in the butt for not grabbing one when they got down to $6X.XX. That's what I get for holding off a week. Might head to the "hood" or the "sticks" this week to see if I can score one for $4X.XX.

Nothing else of note.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']
RF:Guerilla - Xbox $27.XX, Wolverine, Section 8 held their prices at $41.XX. I've seen Zune accessories so cheap, I'm kicking myself in the butt for not grabbing one when they got down to $6X.XX.
[/QUOTE]
I only got to check one Target today but that was the case there.

[quote name='metrognome']Gamestop appears to have dropped the price on Ghostbusters to 29.99 new and 25.99 used. Saw it at the GS on Howell Mill[/QUOTE]

I just realized I've seen you DJ at The Bench, and I follow you on Twitter. WHATUP.

[quote name='El Gray']Okay, I have the Classic Rock 360 disc in hand. Please let me know if you're still interested.

Also, sweet clearance candy!
Got 2x 1lb, 10oz bags of funsized Heath/Payday/Milk Duds/Whoppers for $1.75 each. Mmm... tiny Paydays...

Also also, HEAVY METAL is in the $5 DVD bin. I bravely resisted this purchase, but I wanted it![/QUOTE]Sorry, didn't see this as I didn't get back online that day and missed it in catching up in the thread. After looking at the song list which I thought I'd really like I gotta say I don't even know if it's worth 5 to me. Maybe there's a lot of songs that if I heard it I'd know and like and I just don't know them by name. Only 2 I like are the steve miller band songs which I got with pepsi rb cap winners cause I thought they weren't on this pack. Oh well, thanks anyway!

[quote name='mitch079']When I checked 2 weeks ago, I think they were 20% off and in regular packaging. Games were pretty bare. I picked up some empty 360 and PS3 cases (5 for $1.00) to get rid of some of the BlockBuster plastic cases in my collection.[/QUOTE]

I'll add that the Blockbuster on Salem Rd in Conyers is closing as well. Games were pretty picked clean as of this past Saturday. I tried picking up GTA4 for 360, but alas, it had a huge chunk out of it. Did get Tekken 5 for 6 bucks, though.

I'm excited, I just picked up a 32" Sharp LCD HD TV for $350 after tax at Brandsmart USA in Kennesaw and also got a 120 GB PS3 from a contest winner from the radio (project 961). So now I'm actually in the HD Gaming world!

Went to the BBV that's closing on Sugarloaf Pky. Manager stated most of the games were taken when they were 10% off (?? must have been a vendor or people that don't understand how clearances work).

There were 2 games left there (Skate 2 - PS3 at $24.99 and UFC - 360 at $14.99). UFC 2009 was scratched to high heaven and Skate 3's coming out, so I passed.

Shovelware clearcase DVDs for $1.99 (Saw a bunch of SAWs and some movie called Matchpoint as well as a bunch of third rate movies).

Regular pre-owned DVDs were $3.99 (not a huge selection left).

BR's were only 10% off (WTF) new (about 30). If I remember correctly, used were $14.99 (about 12 there).

Thought I'd post this to save someone a trip and show possibly how the other locations might work towards the end.

There is a Terminator 2 BR set there (the one with the humongous T2 bust) sealed for $117. Not sure if it's going to drop anymore since this store closes in 4 days.

I got a question, if I want to let you guys know of I game I'm looking to put on Ebay, but want a local person to get a crack at, do I post here or somewhere else?

Post it here. If your intention is to do a meetup, post it before you list it on feebay and see if you can save yourself some money. Even without a meetup you should still save money.

Ok,cool. I got Twilight Princess for the Gamecube,brand new(Zelda 2 was the only one I could get in to). Any one interested let me know.

Anyone know if the Venture Cinemas dollar theater on Pleasant Hill and Veture Rd. in Duluth is closed? I always liked that theatre, plus it was only $1.99 per ticket. I can't find showtimes for it anywhere, which makes it seem like it's closed.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Anyone know if the Venture Cinemas dollar theater on Pleasant Hill and Veture Rd. in Duluth is closed? I always liked that theatre, plus it was only $1.99 per ticket. I can't find showtimes for it anywhere, which makes it seem like it's closed.[/QUOTE]

http://bestvaluecinemas.com/

Web site seems fairly up-to-date, but there's a phone number so give them a call.

I've been keeping an eye on the Kmart clearance threads and was wondering if anyone in the ATL area has had any luck finding one that had any 150 gig hard drives for $15, or the guitar hero bundles for $7?

[quote name='Felder71']http://bestvaluecinemas.com/

Web site seems fairly up-to-date, but there's a phone number so give them a call.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Felder. Every single movie site listed this theater as not having anything playing, so that's why I was confused. Good to see they're still in business.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Thanks, Felder. Every single movie site listed this theater as not having anything playing, so that's why I was confused. Good to see they're still in business.[/QUOTE]

A lot of times these second run theaters cut costs by forgoing the usual movie listings (costs money to be included there). They know that the people who are seeking out $1 - $2 movies are going to go to the trouble of seeking them out specifically.

My dad is the original Cheap Ass Moviegoer. Used to be impossible to get him to go to a first run movie. Thankfully, he's loosened up in recent years. :roll:

[quote name='Felder71']http://bestvaluecinemas.com/

Web site seems fairly up-to-date, but there's a phone number so give them a call.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Felder71! Holy crap! Those free Thursday horror movies rock (can't wait for Blood Beach)!! I use to have to head downtown to the Plaza to see old horror movies on the big screen, but this is a lot closer! I love theaters that get to show "what they want" (especially cult horror movies). I gotta check this place out!!

[quote name='Tybee']A lot of times these second run theaters cut costs by forgoing the usual movie listings (costs money to be included there). They know that the people who are seeking out $1 - $2 movies are going to go to the trouble of seeking them out specifically.

My dad is the original Cheap Ass Moviegoer. Used to be impossible to get him to go to a first run movie. Thankfully, he's loosened up in recent years. :roll:[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is, they are always listed on moviefone.com and on all the different movie apps, but nothing was listed this week, so that's what concerned me. Not sure what happened, but I am relieved. I'm a movie buff and I much prefer to watch them in theaters. Plus, it's cheaper than renting a movie from BlockBuster.

Plenty of 14.98 Wolverines and 19.98 Red Factions (360 for both) at the two Targets I went to today. Not bad with the $10 coupon. PM me for locations.

[quote name='mitch079']Plenty of 14.98 Wolverines and 19.98 Red Factions (360 for both) at the two Targets I went to today. Not bad with the $10 coupon. PM me for locations.[/QUOTE]

Um, what $10 coupon?

360 gh metalica and wolverine down to 14.98 @ target in the metro area pm me for exact location if you use gh5 coupon and target coupon 2 games for $15

Has anyone seen GhostBusters on 50% or 75% clearance?

I know of a Wally World that has a $10 game bin and it is pretty full. Wii, PS3, 360, and DS games that I saw; including several titles from fairly recent Target clearances. PM me for location.

There seems to be a boycott on location posting of Target stuff, but since it seems to be nearly universal, I'll just say that Red Faction Guerrilla 360 is $20 at the Riverwood Target. They had plenty, 7 or so left. I noticed Bigs 2 PS3 for $14 but that may be typical. Their Ghostbusters 360 were still $42. Nothing else jumped out at me.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pm me. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Vandolizer']Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pm me. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
And you are . . . . ?

[quote name='Vandolizer']Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pm me. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Quit panhandling, noob.

What is it Lassie? Oh, no, Timmy's stuck in the well?! Hurry!

[quote name='jdawgg76']What is it Lassie? Oh, no, Timmy's stuck in the well?! Hurry![/QUOTE]
LOL! Getting rough in here :) I'd like to take this time and thank everyone for not pounding into me when I first joined.

Vandolizer, just like any other forum on the "Interwebs", you might want to contribute before asking. Being new, it makes you look like you were a Lurker (or worse a Hoarder).

Went to Target today. They had several copies of GH:Metallica for $15 (grabbed one for myself). They had a couple of copies of Wolfenstein and some of the 2K10 sports stuff (don't remember the prices though). There was one or two copies of Ghostbusters but they were $42. Didn't pay attention to the PS3 stuff since I don't have one but they had several games. PM me for the location.

[quote name='darkinferno9908']I've been keeping an eye on the Kmart clearance threads and was wondering if anyone in the ATL area has had any luck finding one that had any 150 gig hard drives for $15, or the guitar hero bundles for $7?[/QUOTE]Just saw noone answered this yet. Here's my take:
It's obviously worth looking, but I doubt you'll find those. The 120 GB HDs dried up around the $39 price point. I had been watching two, one in Snellville and one in Doraville. Both were gone when I showed up the day of the drop to 39, but at Doraville the guy went in the back and brought out what he said was the last one. None at Cleveland Ave either. And the GH bundles dried up around $15, but some lasted until $7, however, considering how long they've been that price it's doubtful to find any. If they didn't get marked at a store they could still be there.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']LOL! Getting rough in here :) I'd like to take this time and thank everyone for not pounding into me when I first joined.

Vandolizer, just like any other forum on the "Interwebs", you might want to contribute before asking. Being new, it makes you look like you were a Lurker (or worse a Hoarder).[/QUOTE]Haha. I've never seen you post any junk like that or you, or anyone else for that matter, would take a few shots. To me it's not a matter of he hasn't contributed it's just that he posted a generic scream for help, no what or why. Has he been kidnapped or stubbed his toe? Dunno. Looking at his posts he probably just posted that in the wrong thread as he put the same post in another thread as well. Glad I checked it out as I'm really relieved that he hasn't stubbed his toe cause I was really worried.

Anyways, same Target story downtown as far as ghostbusters, GH Metallica, Wolverine, etc, except Red Faction is still 30% off. Was hoping to use the $10 coupon on GB and RF, but those won't hit 75% off next week. Oh well. Did find a GHWT which rang OOS and lucked out finding an employee who knew how to ring it up and would try so I got it and GHM.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Just saw noone answered this yet. Here's my take:
It's obviously worth looking, but I doubt you'll find those. The 120 GB HDs dried up around the $39 price point. I had been watching two, one in Snellville and one in Doraville. Both were gone when I showed up the day of the drop to 39, but at Doraville the guy went in the back and brought out what he said was the last one. None at Cleveland Ave either. And the GH bundles dried up around $15, but some lasted until $7, however, considering how long they've been that price it's doubtful to find any. If they didn't get marked at a store they could still be there.[/QUOTE]

Jdawgg76 is right. I grabbed 2 (1 for me and my brother) when they hit $74.XX, as most people did. You're not going to find any in the metro-atlanta (within 20 miles) area. Many of us were posting the locations of them here about 5 months ago. I noticed in other threads, some CAGs are still scoring them in the "rural" areas, so you might want to check those places out.

Some of my best scores have been when I'm driving to NC (or further) and I notice a Sears,Target or Kmart sign in one of those "pokey-doke" towns.

Be on the lookout for more 360 points at Microcenter. There is an ad for this weekend that says 1600 MS Points for $13 so I wonder if they are expecting restock or have been holding them.

[quote name='Felder71']Be on the lookout for more 360 points at Microcenter. There is an ad for this weekend that says 1600 MS Points for $13 so I wonder if they are expecting restock or have been holding them.[/QUOTE]
I assume they've been holding on to them for the last 3 weeks.

Hopefully they've marked some more games down or gave some an orange sticker.

I'm a little late to the party, having been out-of-town. However, if anyone sees an X-Men Legends: Wolverine (360) for $14.xx at a Target east of Atlanta (preferably in or close to Gwinnett County) please let me know.

Too much for $60, but the demo was great. $14 is good enough to get me to bite.

Thanks.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']PM sent.[/QUOTE]

Replied. Thanks so much for the PM. If I don't hear from you, I'll probably head over there around 3pm or so tomorrow, assuming nothing comes up.

Thanks again!!

NP.

On a side note. It seems Sony is coming out with a new Book Reader.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/17/new-sony-reader-may-miss-christmas-for-some

Might be in everyone's best interest to pick up that Book light I stated earlier (I've seen it anywhere from 7.XX to 14.XX). Target (and others) are more than likely going to put the actual Reader (old version) on clearance in January when the new one comes out (these things don't move at $199 and I've seen 4-5 at every store I go to).

^
The PRS-505 has already been clearanced out at Target. The cheap point on them was $70, but as usual, most didn't last that long.

The 2 new models that are already out are stocked at some Targets already. They are the 300 and the 600, the 900 (the one in that link) is going to be sold in addition to the other 2.

bread's done
Back