Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

Anyone of the other Paulding County CAGS having NO luck with finding any deals at our local B&M stores? Personally I find that these stores either do not clearance anything or just hide the clearance stuff REALLY well (or we have a lot of CAGs in the area).

Very Hot Deal

Target - Marietta : Just picked up Rock Band 2 (game only): $13 and Assassins Creed I: $14 with the $10 off 2 Xbox 360 Games Coupon (Google "target $10 off 2 games coupon") for a total of $17

[quote name='Jam424']Anyone of the other Paulding County CAGS having NO luck with finding any deals at our local B&M stores? Personally I find that these stores either do not clearance anything or just hide the clearance stuff REALLY well (or we have a lot of CAGs in the area).[/QUOTE]

No luck at all. I usually go to the one on Dallas Hwy and Barrett Pkwy or the one is Austell at the EW Connn and Austell Rd.

[quote name='Supes']No luck at all. I usually go to the one on Dallas Hwy and Barrett Pkwy or the one is Austell at the EW Connn and Austell Rd.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for the heads up! I'll have to check elsewhere then!

Just went by Target (Little 5 Points) and they refreshed there endcap clearance section (the end of the aisle where the other cheapy games are) and they had some pretty good stuff (mostly 360) like Dirt 2 $40 Ghostbusters $30 Red Faction Guerilla $20 Skate 2 $10 and more.

[quote name='kristaia']Camp creek pkwy & 285 target has a bunch of 360 clearance including wolverine and gh metallica for 15 and fallout 3 for 10.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, F3 would make an awesome gift for my 2 brothers!
I hope there are two left there tomorrow! What platform were they Kristaia?

Edit: If they are cleared out before I get there please post so I don't wast all that gas.

Has anyone recently been to the Micro Center on Powers Ferry? Just wondering if it's going to be worth going for some MS points tomorrow. Gonna be a little upset if I drive through the cold rain only to discover that they're out of stock

[quote name='grundy']Has anyone recently been to the Micro Center on Powers Ferry? Just wondering if it's going to be worth going for some MS points tomorrow. Gonna be a little upset if I drive through the cold rain only to discover that they're out of stock[/QUOTE]

I think the sale price was valid the 21/22nd only.

[quote name='kristaia']Camp creek pkwy & 285 target has a bunch of 360 clearance including wolverine and gh metallica for 15 and fallout 3 for 10.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Thanks, F3 would make an awesome gift for my 2 brothers!
I hope there are two left there tomorrow! What platform were they Kristaia?

Edit: If they are cleared out before I get there please post so I don't wast all that gas.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chuckie88']That is a good post kristaia.
I'll be driving by there tomorrow afternoon/evening.
If I remember to stop, I'll post what I find.[/QUOTE]
K, it seems a little early for Fallout 3 to be down in that price range unless ghostbusters/ dirt 2/ red faction were in that range too. You sure that wasn't one of the Fallout 3 expansion packs at that price? That would be 50% off of $20.

That...uh...sucks and stuff. I need at least one of them for the Borderlands DLC and to export the LEGO Rock Band songs. Guess I could actually CALL them tomorrow to see what the deal is

Eek..I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't check. It had the orange bar on the top, is that the expansion? They should really vary their box art a little! The endcap is on the same side as the grocery/health and beauty stuff, not the normal game isles. There were a lot if 360 games locked in a case on that isle too. Sorry, that's not my normal target I was just over there from picking up my sister in law at the airport.

[quote name='kristaia']Eek..I was in a bit of a hurry and didn't check. It had the orange bar on the top, is that the expansion? They should really vary their box art a little! The endcap is on the same side as the grocery/health and beauty stuff, not the normal game isles. There were a lot if 360 games locked in a case on that isle too. Sorry, that's not my normal target I was just over there from picking up my sister in law at the airport.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the orange bar at the top means its one of the expansion packs. In fact, it's not even a disc in there, I'm pretty sure it's just a code to download the content from XBL.

[quote name='Felder71']Yeah, the orange bar at the top means its one of the expansion packs. In fact, it's not even a disc in there, I'm pretty sure it's just a code to download the content from XBL.[/QUOTE]

sorry for the false alarm :/ i remembered also they had a $30 ghostbusters (360). and in the cheap game isle (not the endcap) i saw a 360 mass effect for $14 hiding.

in the normal game section they had the wii sports resort with 2 motion plus packs, though i think they only had one left (after we both bought one :D). regular price, but i hadn't seen them anywhere else so figured it was worth mentioning.

[quote name='Felder71']Yeah, the orange bar at the top means its one of the expansion packs. In fact, it's not even a disc in there, I'm pretty sure it's just a code to download the content from XBL.[/QUOTE]
IDK, several retailers had the expansion packs on discs- there were even a few disc "share" trains on CAG.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']IDK, several retailers had the expansion packs on discs- there were even a few disc "share" trains on CAG.[/QUOTE]Was just at BB and the combo boxes were discs while a box with only one expansion pack was a code. The combos at Target are discs as well.

HOT DEAL IF ANYBODY IS LOOKING FOR THE TAG READING SYSTEM
The Sydney Marcus Target is sold out of Leapfrog DIDJ and there is a sign posted that the TAG reading system is being substituted for 24.23. That's down from 49.99 regular price. I've been thinking about getting one for a gift since it's been on sale for 39.99 and there is an online coupon for $10 off the TAG system. You can find it in a link in the $5 target coupon thread. I still had it with me and used it and got the TAG for 14.23! The sign said the price was good for 22nd thru 24th. This may work at other Targets that sold out of the DIDJ, but I wouldn't count on it as the substituion thing is probably YMMV.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Was just at BB and the combo boxes were discs while a box with only one expansion pack was a code. The combos at Target are discs as well.

[/QUOTE]

The two expansions in one box were on a disc, there were two sets of them.

Went over to the Camp Creek Parkway Target between 4-5 pm. Kristia's description of the location of the clearance games is accurate. They were tough for me to locate as I didn't have her directions prior. (All of the following are for 360.) There was a single Ghostbusters at $29.98 which I bought because I don't feel like looking around for remaining copies after further drops. There were six Guitar Hero Metallica's remaining at $14.98 after I grabbed one. I've also been wanting Fallout 3 so I took one for $27.98 along with a Broken Steel/Point Lookout expansion for $9.98. There were three more of the expansions remaining and at least a half dozen or more of Fallout 3. (The Fallout 3 games are all at the bottom of the endcap and need to be unlocked.)

There's also a bunch of sports titles locked up for both 360 and PS3. I don't know specific prices or titles as had no interest but I do remember a lot of baseball games. There was also three or four 360 Red Faction games in there (just under $30 I think). Other games I noticed that were not in the locked area include two copies of 360 Farcry 2 at $14.98, three copies of 360 Tomb Raider Aniv. at $9.98, and three copies of PS3 NHL '09 at $14.98. I didn't really intend on getting four titles but they allowed two coupons so I managed GHM, G-busters, and F3 with two expansions for $67 so I'm cool with it.

Double post to update the above one. Opened up GHM to find a CDR inside.:bomb:
Called the store and had to drive back to switch it out. That was a joy.
Opened the rest there and found all to be complete (FYI-Fallout expansion is a disc).

The staff, management, phone operator, etc. all said this rarely happens.
Of course I have trouble believing this as they didn't bat an eye to replace it.
Also asked for my receipt but didn't bother to look at or even unfold it.:whistle2:k

Just really pissed me the fuck off is all. I really hate scammers and thieves.
So yeah, make that one less 360 copy of Guitar Hero Metallica.

Any one see that Toys R Us is doing trade ins on Game systems? I'm a seasonal employee ad my manager just told me about it but has no clue on where to find prices.Just a heads up if any body didn't know.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Were both sets the same expansions?[/QUOTE]

No, sorry my post was poorly worded.
It was Broken Steel and Pt. Lookout on one disk and The Pitt and Op. Anchorage on another disk. I don't think Mothership Zeta is on any disk other than the GOTY ed. They are shareable.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']No, sorry my post was poorly worded.
It was Broken Steel and Pt. Lookout on one disk and The Pitt and Op. Anchorage on another disk. I don't think Mothership Zeta is on any disk other than the GOTY ed. They are shareable.[/QUOTE]

So, is there a Target out there that has both a Broken Steel and Pt. Lookout disk and a The Pitt and Op. Anchorage on clearance? I believe I have only seen a Broken Steel and Pt. Lookout disk on clearance this most recent round.

Grabbed my son a used DJ Hero for $54 from GS today (Xmas present he all of the sudden wanted). I had some credit to use and will only be using their B2G1 for DS games. Don't believe them if they tell you they don't have any if the computer shows it's in their system (used of course). I had a cool manager give me the numbers of the GS locations in my area which had them in stock. I called the 4 and was told no by everyone.

Decided to just walk in a couple (since they were on my way home and a fellow CAG had success with this) to "double check" and when I asked at the last one, low and behold, it was there. I highly doubt someone returned 1 in the 90 minutes after I called.

They must be told to either tell you "no" if you call (to push out the new ones), lazy and incompetent, or holding it for themselves for the B2G1. They pulled it from the back (game, original box and turntable, all together), so if you didn't ask, you would have no idea they had a used copy in the store.

UPDATE: There's a thread that stated the B2G1 sale now starts tomorrow, so they are more than likely "stashing them" in the back. Glad I grabbed it. Might see if I can get away with a return/rebuy tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably going to pick up an used copy of Bully for the 360 (again) at Gamestop's B2G1 free sale, but I am unable to remember whether or not this originally came with a slipcase. Can anyone recall?

[quote name='jaideam']Happy Thanksgiving belatedly[/QUOTE]
This.

Also, if there are any clearance copies of RB2 still around, I suddenly need one for a family member (why did I open my mouth?)!. :bomb:

Yo, Target hassome coupons for 5 dollars off Blu-ray. I got Hancock. Ghost Rider and Speed Racer for 12 bucks plus tax! They were in 8.99 shelf but rang up 12.99. Target.com has the coupon I beleive, I got it from slickdeals. Not a bad price for some blu-ray movies.

Can't imagine anyone managed to, but if anyone did happen to pick up an extra PS3 dualshock 3 controller at the 29.99 price point from RadioShack (black Friday) then could they let me know.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']also, HOW 'BOUT THEM DAWGS![/QUOTE]

A bright spot in an otherwise dismal season. We'll go to a slightly less embarrassing bowl now. Didn't even have to feel bad for my wife and brother-in-law (Tech alums) because Tech is still in the same position: win the ACC championship and they go to the Orange Bowl.

All I want for Christmas is a new Uga. :cry:

[quote name='goUGA']Anyone know where the hell I can find a PS3 $299 bundle?[/QUOTE]

Depends. Do you have access to a time machine?

In all seriousness, you may have missed the boat. Most of the notable $299 bundle deals came and went on or immediately preceding Black Friday.

[quote name='Tybee']Depends. Do you have access to a time machine?

In all seriousness, you may have missed the boat. Most of the notable $299 bundle deals came and went on or immediately preceding Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what I figured :( I actually had one ordered on Amazon but they charged my credit card 3 times. I called them up and explained they charged me 3 times and they canceled my order, and I still have the charges on my statement. So the next day I went to Best Buy to get their bundle and when I went to ring it up my credit card was declined because of the $900 on there.

[quote name='goUGA']Yeah thats what I figured :( I actually had one ordered on Amazon but they charged my credit card 3 times. I called them up and explained they charged me 3 times and they canceled my order, and I still have the charges on my statement. So the next day I went to Best Buy to get their bundle and when I went to ring it up my credit card was declined because of the $900 on there.[/QUOTE]

That's unfortunate. I've never had a problem like that with Amazon, especially on such a large purchase. Given the circumstances and Amazon's legendary customer service, I'd be astonished if they weren't willing to extend the deal for you or provide some sort of equal value alternative. Try calling them again. Keep a phone log with names, dates/times, and what you are told. They put you in a pretty bad position and should make some effort to compensate you...at the very least by making good on your original purchase which THEY screwed up.

So it's probably old news and YMMV as usual for Wal-Mart, but one of the ones near me now has South Park seasons 6 - 11 and Family Guy vols. 1 - 5 for $19.99

Also all seasons of The 4400 were $12.96!! :drool: And, AND the AC/DC track pack for the 360 and Wii were back down to $10!!

Also here's a question: I know that markdowns, clearances, etc. are always YMMY with Wal-Mart and not all the stores will have that item at a reduced price. However, shouldn't the REGULAR price for an item be the same at all the stores?

Case in point, I've been eyeing that Wal-Mart exclusive SW AT-ST. At the aforementioned store, it's $39, but at two other stores, they want $43 and change. Ummm....what?

[quote name='grundy']So it's probably old news and YMMV as usual for Wal-Mart, but one of the ones near me now has South Park seasons 6 - 11 and Family Guy vols. 1 - 5 for $19.99

Also all seasons of The 4400 were $12.96!! :drool: And, AND the AC/DC track pack for the 360 and Wii were back down to $10!!

Also here's a question: I know that markdowns, clearances, etc. are always YMMY with Wal-Mart and not all the stores will have that item at a reduced price. However, shouldn't the REGULAR price for an item be the same at all the stores?

Case in point, I've been eyeing that Wal-Mart exclusive SW AT-ST. At the aforementioned store, it's $39, but at two other stores, they want $43 and change. Ummm....what?[/QUOTE]

With Wal-Mart, it all depends. That's one of the reasons the web site won't quote the store's price.

And as far as AC/DC track pack, Gamestop.com had that beat - free with $3 shipping. I managed to get one plus Lego RB all for $27. I keep thinking it's a glitch but there was no way they would ship them if it was so maybe just trying to clear some space.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Seems quite around here lately...[/QUOTE]
Yep. I managed to find a $14.xx Wolfenstein :360:
and $12.xx NHL 2k10 today. PM me if you need the locale.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Seems quite around here lately...[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing most folks are in holiday mode, focused on gifts for others rather than looking for deals for themselves. I know that's where I'm at.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Has anyone seen Ghostbusters (360) or Demigod (PC) at 75% off yet?[/QUOTE]GB just dropped to 50% off at most stores around me. Dunno about DG. Red Faction dropped to 75% off around here, but the only one I found sounded like it had a broken disc flopping around inside.

bread's done
Back