Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

May I inquire as to which stores (hopefully NW of Atlanta)? And I'm guessing this means Ghostbusters is now $24.98 and Red Faction is $14.98?

All the Targets I've been to since Black Friday have been cleared of clearance items. People looking for bargains have snapped them all up. My guess is we don't see much clearance wise until January. The only thing I saw was a $50 GH:WT drum set for PS3/PS2 at the Northpoint Target.

[quote name='grundy']May I inquire as to which stores (hopefully NW of Atlanta)? And I'm guessing this means Ghostbusters is now $24.98 and Red Faction is $14.98?[/QUOTE]
If you mean North as in Gwinnett and that area, GB is still holding steady at $29.99. I was waiting for RF to drop to 75%, but it seems the copies got bought during BF when they were $19.99.

Favor to ask:

If anyone has any Barnes & Noble (or books in general) shopping to be done this week, please visit ANY B&N this Friday, and use code 10050896 (I guess you offer this to the cashier). This will help a friend's school library get some new books. The average published date of their library is currently 1982. Sadface.

It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PS - I think all the copies of SingStar: Queen for PS2 that were around got wiped out on BF, but if anyone spots one left, please let me know! (already confirmed that the ones at Northpoint and Edgewood are gone now)

Was in Sears tonight (the one at Stonecrest) and over in the electronics with the video games they had 2 of the Logitech HarmonyOne remotes locked in a case and tagged for clearance (or so it seemed). They were marked on the tag as used but they didn't look like they had been opened. I doubt they last below $150 though.

We have one of the other Logitech all-in-one remotes and it does a pretty good job. I'd totally upgrade to this one though for $150 or less. I have no idea how clearance stuff works at Sears though (I hardly ever shop there).

Generally Sears electronics drops occur on the first Friday each month although there weren't any game drops this month apparently. Love my 360 compatible harmony I got on clearance at a Sears for 25ish a while back.

FYI, the Hollywood Video in Decatur just off 285/78 (not Candler Road location, but the other one) closed on the 4th.

just went by the hollywood video in acworth/kennesaw on 41 to chk on any 4.99 games only to find out it is closed with little sticky notes on the outside saying it has been permanently closed. Thought it was odd that sticky notes were all over the door but - even odder that Hollywood is closed was in there 2 days ago and found out about sale.

[quote name='El Gray']
If anyone has any Barnes & Noble (or books in general) shopping to be done this week, please visit ANY B&N this Friday, and use code 10050896 (I guess you offer this to the cashier). This will help a friend's school library get some new books. The average published date of their library is currently 1982. Sadface.

It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

Gang, it turns out that this code is good for a week. So, if you have any book shopping or coffee buying to do this week, please consider using this code at any B&N store. Thanks again!

Edgewood Best Buy - 2 copies of Warhawk Bundles for ps3 for 19.99, MadCatz Wired Fender P-Bass for Rock Band for 34.99 if anyone is interested

FYI, since the closed Hollywood Video had a sign directing people to go to the Candler Road location after Dec 4th when it closed I decided to stop by and found a sign stating that it closed on the 8th. Came home and found an old $5 gift card for HWV I had forgotten about. Useless now. . .

[quote name='jdawgg76']FYI, since the closed Hollywood Video had a sign directing people to go to the Candler Road location after Dec 4th when it closed I decided to stop by and found a sign stating that it closed on the 8th. Came home and found an old $5 gift card for HWV I had forgotten about. Useless now. . .[/QUOTE]

Yikes, that stinks. I've made several nice game buys at the HWV stores, too good to be true even. Sad to say I think I know why they are having financial troubles.

[quote name='mitch079']Plenty of 14.99 Tales of Symphonia for the Wii for 14.99 at the Best Buy in Acworth.[/QUOTE]

I'm going to wait for the $9.99 Tales of Symphonia to hit $9.99. ;)

I turner my head for a second and all the Dirt 2 360 copies at Edgewood Target dissapeared. Anyone know if there are others in the metro Atlanta area? I'd also love to find a 15$ Wolverine or Wolfenstein, 360 or PS3.

Trying to get free 1500 points card before it expires.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']tell tell? please :)[/QUOTE]

Basically most Target clearance game can get you a free Xbox 1600 points card. It's covered in this thread.

I had a little trouble at the Edgewood Target but the Lennox Target was great.

[quote name='ZharTheMad']tell tell? please :)[/QUOTE]

There's a coupon for 1600 points at target if you buy any "Xbox Hardware" -- some stores consider games "hardware" and other cheap xbox stuff.

(1) Target off hw9 has a few copies of Ghostbusters at $15

(2) Microcenter has the microsoft xbox 360 wheel for $59.99 (B&M only) --- my gf got one for my xmas present!

[quote name='Fatbot3']Basically most Target clearance game can get you a free Xbox 1600 points card. It's covered in this thread.

I had a little trouble at the Edgewood Target but the Lennox Target was great.[/QUOTE]

BAH, I just bought like 4 clearance 360 games! Wish I would of known... I could of possibly had some free 1600 point cards :(

Oh well, too late now.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I turner my head for a second and all the Dirt 2 360 copies at Edgewood Target dissapeared. Anyone know if there are others in the metro Atlanta area? I'd also love to find a 15$ Wolverine or Wolfenstein, 360 or PS3.

Trying to get free 1500 points card before it expires.[/QUOTE]

I saw Wolfenstein at the McDonough Target for 15 on Tuesday.

If anybody North of ATL in the kennesaw/marietta/acworth area got any extra copies of Fairytale Fights for Xbox360 for free at BestBuy today, I could use 2 copies for cheap. By the time I got off work, both the kennesaw and acworth stores were out.

Let me know, thanks

Blockbuster Video in Buckhead (2140 Peachtree Road Northwest, Atlanta,GA (404) 352-4252) is going out of business. All perviously viewed DVD's are 4 for 19.99
and some are cheaper than that. There are also brand new DVD's on clearance plus a few
decent used PS3 and 360 games for 30% off already cheap prices. Pretty much the whole store is on sale including the displays and crap.

[quote name='dogmae']If anybody North of ATL in the kennesaw/marietta/acworth area got any extra copies of Fairytale Fights for Xbox360 for free at BestBuy today, I could use 2 copies for cheap. By the time I got off work, both the kennesaw and acworth stores were out.

Let me know, thanks[/QUOTE]

No luck here for me, my brother scored a single copy for :360: and probably wishes he hadn't opened it after we tried it out. IDK about the rest of the game but the co-op was a torturous experience.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']No luck here for me, my brother scored a single copy for :360: and probably wishes he hadn't opened it after we tried it out. IDK about the rest of the game but the co-op was a torturous experience.[/QUOTE]Was able to score one. I remember how hyped people were for this game, but between what everyone is saying and reviews I'm not expecting much. I guess you really get what you pay for.

If anyone is looking for the PS3 Saints Row 2 deal ($20 off with coupon from RZ Gamers Club, making them $5) from Best Buy, the Edgewood BB had at least 13 copies of it as of 11:30 AM. There were 6 in their normal place, then in the center aisle next to the games there were 7 more in a display.

all orange tagged games at the duluth microcenter are 50% off now. There wasn't much left, but I was able to get muramasa for $16.

The movie gallery on 78 east of snellville is not on the company's locator so I guess it's gone, too.

I stopped by a MG in Greenville, SC (the one actually in Greer)yesterday and scored Resistance 2, Hawx, Golden Axe, Shawn WHite snowboarding and Mx vs ATV. They had some other good titles that I already had gotten cheap elsewhere. Dunno if anybody's headed that way anytime and if it helps, but hey.

If anyone is still checking out the Blockbuster closings and you see the movies 11:14 and Yes Man with their covers, please grab them for me. That'd be awesome.

I really want to do the Donation for the Chip in, but it's at 1337 contributers and I don't wanna ruin that number...but the children need me! What to doooooooooooooo!

[quote name='El Gray']Yeah, I believe HWV is totally gone from GA at this point. Que lastima![/QUOTE]

Won't be long until Blockbuster follows them.

If anybody wondering, the Target 5 dollar coupon off blu rays is still working. I got Terminator Salvation for 12 bucks, now to hunt down Hangover!

[quote name='Clown069']Are there any other cags around Mcdonough/Stockbridge?[/QUOTE]

I live in Stockbridge and lurk around the McDonough and Morrow areas mostly. :D

[quote name='mazinga z']If anybody wondering, the Target 5 dollar coupon off blu rays is still working. I got Terminator Salvation for 12 bucks, now to hunt down Hangover![/QUOTE]

Not familiar with this one and just got a PS3, so might be useful. Linkage?

As of yesterday evening there were 5 360 Rock Band 1 Drum Kits for 9.96 each left at the Walmart in Snellville on 124 (the one that's in town by Ronald Reagan Pkway not the one that's out in the boonies). On the back wall under the TVs.

Just a heads up, I went to Toys R us and bought a Wii fit plus and a Rock Band to disc, and the Rock Band 2 game rang up free. He rang game first then Wii fit plus. So if anybody knows how we can use this to our cheap ass advantage( assvantage?) ....

I forgot to mention that two Movie Galleries up 85 north are running the $5 sale, but they mostly have last gen and older new gen stuff like Wii Trauma Second Opinion and 360 Shadowrun, Spiderman 3, etc. Some good stuff, but it's all been cheap a few times before. This was the Commerce location and the one just south of there down 85.

If anyone sees a Godfather 2 for 360 at a $5 sale or for 7.50 @ target please pm, they're all gone around here.

Also, the blockbuster on Beaver ruin and lawrenceville hwy has 50% off used games like Resident Evil 5, GHWT, Terminator, etc. The possible gem for someone is that they have NHL 10 for 55 so it would be 27ish which is probably better than you'll see for a bit. Got Jericho Seasons 1 & 2 for 6 each at the one on peachtree in buckhead. Awesome.

Jericho: Brilliant but cancelled!! Been holding out for the BR (with hopefully tons of added features). You got a steal!!

Me and my buddies loved that show so much, one of them made us all black T-shirts with the flag on the front (on the back had the words Jericho).

One of the few times in modern TV history where fans actually forced a major network to continue a series (or at least tie it up). I've heard rumblings about a movie (but we all know how that goes).

I gotta find that shirt!!

Jericho was one of my favorite shows and I'm still hopeful of a comeback of some sort especially when reruns are so popular to be aired since upn, scifi and one of the hd channels have done so. There's a page on Amazon for a BR, but no info. Wanted to support the show by buying the DVDs new and representing another sale, but I just don't have $30 a pop for any TV DVD sets. I'm really excited to watch the alternate ending they recorded in case the show was announced to continue between the end of taping for the season and time to air.

Definitely on my list of shows that ended WAY too early along with Blade, Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles, Invasion, The 4400 and My Name Is Earl.

We seem to have similar tastes (I loved Invasion and the 4400).

Couldn't get into The Terminator:SCC. It just seemed the writers changed the mythology as the series went on (when the future and events can change in an instant, you can get away with anything).

And I swear to this day, when the show first ran (aired), they skipped an entire episode and went to the next one (at least here on the East Coast. I know they were slotting it wherever it would fit in...which was also getting on my nerves)!!! I think their program slotting is what killed the show (can't tell an audience to devout their time to watch something on Monday, then change the day and expect to have the same loyal following).

I didn't like Terminator: Salvation (predictable all the way to the end) either (just my opinion). Was expecting a totally dark, unapologetic view of their world and the battle against Skynet and got the Road Warrior and every other post-apocalypse film ever made with great CGI.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jdawgg76']As of yesterday evening there were 5 360 Rock Band 1 Drum Kits for 9.96 each left at the Walmart in Snellville on 124 (the one that's in town by Ronald Reagan Pkway not the one that's out in the boonies). On the back wall under the TVs.[/QUOTE]

Anyone been out there to check these since then? Any other sightings around town?
Happy 2010!

[quote name='jdawgg76']As of yesterday evening there were 5 360 Rock Band 1 Drum Kits for 9.96 each left at the Walmart in Snellville on 124 (the one that's in town by Ronald Reagan Pkway not the one that's out in the boonies). On the back wall under the TVs.[/QUOTE]

Aren't they both in the boonies?

^^^Yes.

Went ahead a grabbed the 2 disc Season 2 of Jericho (thanks JDawgg76. i gotta support this whenever I can) from our BBV "in the boonies" :) Also grabbed Socom (PS3) for $10 (regular BBV case). I was going to pass, but the game was in perfect condition. Girl at the front said they never rented it out because it required a headset to play :)

That BBV closes for good on the 10th. Great place to find some cheap *ss DVDs (They still have a pretty good selection left. Especially if you like B-movie horror). If you're going there for games (and do not live close to it), I wouldn't bother (or call first). If I remember correctly, they had 4 PS3 games left (Haze and MLB Front Office) and about 12 Xbox games (RE5, Tekken). No Wii games. They've also raised the prices on some of their games (I was there when Haze first came in and it was $6.99 after 30% off. Now it's $10 after). The girl verified they aren't getting anymore merchandise in.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Couldn't get into The Terminator:SCC. It just seemed the writers changed the mythology as the series went on (when the future and events can change in an instant, you can get away with anything).

And I swear to this day, when the show first ran (aired), they skipped an entire episode and went to the next one (at least here on the East Coast. I know they were slotting it wherever it would fit in...which was also getting on my nerves)!!! I think their program slotting is what killed the show (can't tell an audience to devout their time to watch something on Monday, then change the day and expect to have the same loyal following).

I didn't like Terminator: Salvation (predictable all the way to the end) either (just my opinion). Was expecting a totally dark, unapologetic view of their world and the battle against Skynet and got the Road Warrior and every other post-apocalypse film ever made with great CGI.[/QUOTE]I really liked TSCC more as it went on and it had a great bad guy, but I tried not to think too much and just enjoyed the ride. I saw every episode except the last (local news was covering tornadoes and I keep meaning to watch this one) and they aired them all. My DVR makes it easy when shows get moved all around like Scrubs and Better of Ted are doing right now.

[quote name='mazinga z']Coupon from target for free xbox points still works,FYI.[/QUOTE]When will Target learn to how to make coupons work as intended? Not that anyone is complaining!

[quote name='chrsmrly']Aren't they both in the boonies?[/QUOTE]Um, no? One is in city limits and surrounded by stores and restaurants. If that's a joke about Snellville being small then you really haven't experienced boonies, city slicker. There's indoor plumbing here.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']^^^Yes.

Went ahead a grabbed the 2 disc Season 2 of Jericho (thanks JDawgg76. i gotta support this whenever I can) from our BBV "in the boonies" :) Also grabbed Socom (PS3) for $10 (regular BBV case). I was going to pass, but the game was in perfect condition. Girl at the front said they never rented it out because it required a headset to play :)

That BBV closes for good on the 10th. Great place to find some cheap *ss DVDs (They still have a pretty good selection left. Especially if you like B-movie horror). If you're going there for games (and do not live close to it), I wouldn't bother (or call first). If I remember correctly, they had 4 PS3 games left (Haze and MLB Front Office) and about 12 Xbox games (RE5, Tekken). No Wii games. They've also raised the prices on some of their games (I was there when Haze first came in and it was $6.99 after 30% off. Now it's $10 after). The girl verified they aren't getting anymore merchandise in.[/QUOTE]Which blockbuster is this? I've just been to the one on west peachtree in Buckhead and the one in lilburn at beaver ruin and lawrenceville hway and they didn't have jericho when I was there.

Reminds me I still haven't opened my Socom from the walmart deal, but the bluetooth works well with my phone.

If anyone wants a 360 RB1 drum set, I have one to give away. Nothing wrong with it, we just finally got RB2 and don't need it now.

Still a reasonably amount of stuff left at the BBV at N Druid Hills and L'ville Hwy. Lots of copies stuff that hasn't been out terribly long and tons of horror stuff thats disk only in cd cases. They had lots of Yes Man (which I had been looking for), 30 Days of Night, can't really remember anything else specific. If I understood what I heard one of them say correctly, this coming week will be the last week for that store. They also had a couple of game guides... a couple each of Halo ODST and Kingdom Hearts DS.

bread's done
Back