Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='El Gray']Anyone been out there to check these since then? Any other sightings around town?
Happy 2010![/QUOTE]Still 5 360 drumsets and none for other systems at the in town boonies Walmart.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Still 5 360 drumsets and none for other systems at the in town boonies Walmart.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I found a few up at Windward last night, too.

Used the Target $5 coupon that was said to expire 12/24/09 last night at the Target in Duluth. Combined it with the Fox $3 coupon. Purchased Independence Day for $7 and Speed for $5.

[quote name='jdawgg76']

Which blockbuster is this? I've just been to the one on west peachtree in Buckhead and the one in lilburn at beaver ruin and lawrenceville hway and they didn't have jericho when I was there.[/QUOTE]

It was the one on 29. I actually went through every single aisle/row looking for movies (pretty disorganized in there). That's when I found the 2 discs of Season 2. You must have crushed them on their previously viewed BRs (didn't see any worth getting) :) Now, being a PS3 owner, I'm still a little skeptical on BRs (I skipped HD. I own some BRs, but I don't want to buy more shelving for another 100+ disc collection in my house, especially since 3-d or another format is right around the corner). However, $2 for $25 is a great deal on them. Hopefully they'll drop the price a little further of their new BRs this week before they shut down.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']It was the one on 29. I actually went through every single aisle/row looking for movies (pretty disorganized in there). That's when I found the 2 discs of Season 2. You must have crushed them on their previously viewed BRs (didn't see any worth getting) :) Now, being a PS3 owner, I'm still a little skeptical on BRs (I skipped HD. I own some BRs, but I don't want to buy more shelving for another 100+ disc collection in my house, especially since 3-d or another format is right around the corner). However, $2 for $25 is a great deal on them. Hopefully they'll drop the price a little further of their new BRs this week before they shut down.[/QUOTE]Huh, well works out for the best that I didn't see jericho s2 there as I got it downtown and you were also able to snag one. If you want I could check and see if they still have the last s1 downtown. I haven't gotten any used BRs there yet as 12.50 isn't all that appealing. I just don't watch movies much nowadays as I'm so ar behind on tv watching and never go out to movies anymore although I really want to see Avatar and Book of Eli. I still haven't even seen the Hangover or the last Indy (BIG Indy fan) yet. Plus I don't blind buy DVDs unless they're about as cheap as a rental. I'll probably blind buy several movies when they hit 1.99 though. For now I'm into really cheap BRs like Terminator, Predator, Blazing Saddles, etc cause they're movies I know I like and for $5 I didn't mind rebuying on the new format or buying when I'm sure a double dip is on the way sometime.

Not too worried about the next format although maybe I should be. I would only hesitate on movies that released in theater as 3D like UP, which I already got.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Huh, well works out for the best that I didn't see jericho s2 there as I got it downtown and you were also able to snag one. If you want I could check and see if they still have the last s1 downtown. I haven't gotten any used BRs there yet as 12.50 isn't all that appealing. I just don't watch movies much nowadays as I'm so ar behind on tv watching and never go out to movies anymore although I really want to see Avatar and Book of Eli. I still haven't even seen the Hangover or the last Indy (BIG Indy fan) yet. Plus I don't blind buy DVDs unless they're about as cheap as a rental. I'll probably blind buy several movies when they hit 1.99 though. For now I'm into really cheap BRs like Terminator, Predator, Blazing Saddles, etc cause they're movies I know I like and for $5 I didn't mind rebuying on the new format or buying when I'm sure a double dip is on the way sometime.

Not too worried about the next format although maybe I should be. I would only hesitate on movies that released in theater as 3D like UP, which I already got.[/QUOTE]
I grabbed Jericho S1 today with 2 free DVD coupons I received from e-rewards at a BBV out here. Thanks for looking out for me though.

My Tivo is jam packed with episodes and seasons of shows that will be airing as reruns by time I get around to watching.

[quote name='organicow']So, I've been gone for over a year - what's new? :) Kidding.

Seriously though - I'm pumped to see that my little thread is still chugging along![/QUOTE]

Hey stranger! I forget, did you leave town or just the site? Are you back in town?

Just picked up Dragon Age: Origins (PS3) at the Edgewood Best Buy for 39.99. When I brought it to the register, the cashier rang it up at full price (59.99) and I told her that it was marked at the kiosk at 39.99. She asked me to show her and I brought her to the shelves and handed her the card showing the lower price. So we went back and she overrode the higher price. Not clear if it was marked incorrectly or if it had been discounted and someone forgot to pull the card with the lower price. Either way, not bad for me.

[quote name='jdawgg76']BBV on Peachtree in Buckhead dropped to 1.99 for DVDs and 60% off used games.[/QUOTE]
Probably the same at the BBV on 29 (that one closes on the 10th). Might have to head out there tomorrow and pick up some $2 B-movie horror schlock!!

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']Probably the same at the BBV on 29 (that one closes on the 10th). Might have to head out there tomorrow and pick up some $2 B-movie horror schlock!![/QUOTE]For some reason it wasn't that day, but yesterday both stores were 1.99 for movies and 70% off new and used games. The only two games left at the West Peachtree store are Bionic Commando PS3, TNA 360 and the $5 PS2 games. They were transferring the rest to another store. They sold me a Halo Wars out of the transfer pile though. Also it was stickered wrong the whole time as it rang up 40 and not 60 so I got it for 12.

The one on 29 is also 1.99 and 70% off new and used. Got a RE5 for 360 for 9. There are a couple more in ok shape (check the disc as some are in terrible shape) and MLB Manager, Bionic Commando and a few others.

Sorry, woulda posted last night after I got home, but I think I got some sort of food poisoning and was really sick.

Blockbuster on Nesbit Ferry and Holcolmb bridge is 90 percent off DVD's and Games. Scooped RE5 special edition for PS3 for 7 bucks. Not much left, they had three copies of Haze for 20 bucks before discount. No blu rays and they had scrubs, not sure what season but it wwas only 30 percent off.

Waaaay off topic, but some weeks ago Target started clearancing the SW Luke/Rancor sets. When I saw them they were $34.98, so I waited to see if they would go down further. Well, the 92/Woodstock Target must have sold all of theirs, so I was wondering if anyone had seen the Rancors at any other Target stores.

Oh, and the Wal-Mart on Bells Ferry/Eagle..Dr? still had about four of the $9.96 RB1 drum sets as of Jan 8th. I think there were three XB360 and maybe one PS...2?

See I managed to get back ON topic! :lol:

[quote name='grundy']See I managed to get back ON topic! :lol:[/QUOTE]

Regional threads aren't specifically tied to games. As long as the discussion is region-based it can basically encompass anything. There was a time when games were only a fraction of what we talked about in this thread but many of those people have moved on.

[quote name='grundy']Waaaay off topic, but some weeks ago Target started clearancing the SW Luke/Rancor sets. When I saw them they were $34.98, so I waited to see if they would go down further. Well, the 92/Woodstock Target must have sold all of theirs, so I was wondering if anyone had seen the Rancors at any other Target stores.[/QUOTE]

There was at least one marked to $25 at the Lindbergh Target as of Thursday night.

I know I've seen a couple elsewhere, but don't remember the details-- there may have been one or two at Edgewood within the past week or so.

If you see those DC Universe 6-packs marked down to 7.50, let me know, too, please.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sorry, woulda posted last night after I got home, but I think I got some sort of food poisoning and was really sick.[/QUOTE]

No worries. I knew they were pretty much cleaned out "game-wise". Got caught up playing in the cold all day yesterday and today with the kids and didn't get a chance to go. Going to hit them up tomorrow (last day) and grab some DVDs.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']No worries. I knew they were pretty much cleaned out "game-wise". Got caught up playing in the cold all day yesterday and today with the kids and didn't get a chance to go. Going to hit them up tomorrow (last day) and grab some DVDs.[/QUOTE]Drove by last night on my way home from work and saw dvds are .99 at the one on 29.

[quote name='El Gray']There was at least one marked to $25 at the Lindbergh Target as of Thursday night.

I know I've seen a couple elsewhere, but don't remember the details-- there may have been one or two at Edgewood within the past week or so.

If you see those DC Universe 6-packs marked down to 7.50, let me know, too, please.[/QUOTE]Did the big toy purge drop to 50% off too or are these on a different drop schedule?

Thanks everyone for the Rancor updates. I managed to find one today at the Target on Hwy 92 and.....um, not the Woodstock one, the other one that's on the way to Alpharetta.

Also picked up a DVD of the Roswell Conspiracies animated series. It was $5 and had the first 20 eps. The case said Vol. 1 so I hope there's a Vol. 2 with the remaining 20.

BTW does anyone know if the PPG complete series is going out of print? On Best Buy's store locator, the only store near me that had it in stock was Alpharetta. Drove all the way there and bought the sole copy on the shelf.

Oh, and in case anyone is still scrounging for super discount Christmas stuff. I found some cool wrapping paper at TRU based on "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" (the one with Burgermeister Meisterburger) for $.40

In case anyone wondering the 5 dollar off blu ray target coupon is still working. Got incredible hulk for 11 bucks. Digital copy says expired,but it downloaded fine. I wonder if that's y some of these blu rays are dropping in price? Or that they are gonna double dip and rerelease with master audio...

[quote name='grundy']
BTW does anyone know if the PPG complete series is going out of print? On Best Buy's store locator, the only store near me that had it in stock was Alpharetta. Drove all the way there and bought the sole copy on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

Is this on sale for a good price, or something? I'd like to own it at some point.

The PPG set is still $49.99 which IMO is still too steep......unless Santa gave you some BB gift cards :lol:

I was just wondering about its print status due to its seemingly sparse availability.

Sorry, PPG = Powerpuff Girls.

And another dumb question regarding the DVD set: I keep getting conflicting answers as to whether or not the 10th anniversary special is included in this set (the ep where everyone is trying to get some magic key that unlocks life, the universe and everything....or something like that)

LOL, I just downloaded the Beat-ALLS episode on Xbox live. Btw, Target has some 10 dollar Blu rays in there makeshift "Costco" areas,lol. Also had some 5 dollars sets for regular DVD of older cartoons like Popeye, beetle Bailey, Dungeouns and Dragons and the newer He-man that was on Cartoon Network. Tried to use the 5 dollar coupon for Broken Arrow and Rising Sun Blu rays, but got shot down...

[quote name='grundy']Sorry, PPG = Powerpuff Girls.

And another dumb question regarding the DVD set: I keep getting conflicting answers as to whether or not the 10th anniversary special is included in this set (the ep where everyone is trying to get some magic key that unlocks life, the universe and everything....or something like that)[/QUOTE]Okeydokey then. Didn't see Powerpuff girls being the answer as the hotly sought after item. Nor would I have expected a Douglas Adams reference in a PPG show. Guess I don't know much about the PPG after all.

Just to clarify the Douglas Adams reference was my own, however, there is an episode where they referenced both X-Men and Spinal Tap within 30 seconds.

[quote name='mazinga z']LOL, I just downloaded the Beat-ALLS episode on Xbox live. Btw, Target has some 10 dollar Blu rays in there makeshift "Costco" areas,lol. Also had some 5 dollars sets for regular DVD of older cartoons like Popeye, beetle Bailey, Dungeouns and Dragons and the newer He-man that was on Cartoon Network. Tried to use the 5 dollar coupon for Broken Arrow and Rising Sun Blu rays, but got shot down...[/QUOTE]

What Blu's did they have for $10? And what is this "Costco" area?

[quote name='chrsmrly']What Blu's did they have for $10? And what is this "Costco" area?[/QUOTE]

You'll see signs typically hanging from the ceilings. You can't miss them as they are abundant. It's called The Great Save Event.

I knew that dude at the Target was givin me the run around. I went to my normal Target and used the 5 dollar off coupon for Broken Arrow and Rising Sun making them 5 bucks each. The other movies for blu ray were point break, some other kenuae Reeves movie, some ghengis Khan movie and I can't remember the rest. They are marked 12 bucks but the are 10, plus you can use the "expired" 5 dollar coupon. The "Costco" area is usually by the electronics area, looks like a warehouse setup style like costco,sams etc. The movies are mixed in with laundry supplies and stuff.

[quote name='dogmae']Has anybody seen any of the EA Dr Pepper bottles around? No place I've checked has had any yet[/QUOTE]

I am also looking for these, esp. the Mass Effect 2 and BF:BC2 ones.

[quote name='dogmae']Has anybody seen any of the EA Dr Pepper bottles around? No place I've checked has had any yet[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any in Cumming walmart, but i told my wife to start buying Dr. Peppers again. Since she drinks that stuff like water.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Drove by last night on my way home from work and saw dvds are .99 at the one on 29.[/QUOTE]

Grabbed about 17 Horror/Indy dvds at that price on Sunday!! 17 included dupes for some friends. Was shocked that Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon and Perkins 14 was still there (2 great underrated movies)!! Was going to get them on BR eventually, but couldn't pass them up at .99.

Jdawgg76: Did you notice a lot of them are in mint/almost mint condition with no scratches, to be rentals (minus the insert of course)? Weird. It seemed like they had these shipped from their warehouse (I know this store, or any store did not carry anymore than 3 copies of Perkins 14) to this closing BBV.

I noticed several discs were super mint as if they had never been taken out of a case. I know that store was receiving more stock from or stores so getting stuff they wanted to dump out of a warehouse is a real possibility.

The one on Peachtree in Buckhead and the one at Beaver Ruin and Lville Hwy closed Sunday. Dunno about others.

Found 2 Fable 2s that must have been in the back at the Sidney marcus Target. Picked up one for 7.48 and it is still in the system despite being an older drop.

Now to figure out if I should keep it and get the DLC next time its on sale or get the new Platinum Hits version, especially if I wait for that to go on clearance eventually. Still haven't played the first LC version I got from Target for $5. Any opinions from poeple who've played it?

I went to 3 Targets today (Gwinnett) and didn't see any Dr. Pepper with the codes (the 16 or 20 oz). The 12 packs mention something about winning a trip to Vegas. I highly doubt this is regionalized, so they should be coming in soon.

On the video game search, all 3 Targets were a bust (no deals whatsoever). No Rancor sets either.

Stopped by the Duluth Microcenter and their orange sticker 50% off games now only applies if you buy a console from them. I picked up PS2 Singstar 80's for $9 which is cheaper than buying the songs via DLC. Didn't know they patched the PS2 Singstar discs to work on any PS3 via hot swap until recently. Only deal I saw (and I think it was mentioned) is GTA IV CE (the one with the case) for $24.99 (there were 3 of them). They also have refurbished 80gb PS3s they are selling for $349 (WTF). The boxes are Microcenter's own, so it did not list the model number, nor any other information to distinguish which 80gb it actually is.

They still have a lot of Xbox 360 refurbished power bricks for $19.99. If you own an older 360, I would advise everyone to definitely get a spare. I can see this genuine part becoming harder to come by at this price in a couple of years. I've had to replace 2 (on 2 different boxes) both due to overheating and horrible ergonomical design (top/bottom coming of one while gently picking it up, rubber peeled away exposing the wires on the second). Just make sure you get the correct wattage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia for 9.90 in the bin at Cumberland Sears along with Raiden Fighters Aces for 14.99. Not a great price on Raiden, but 5 bucks cheaper than most everyone else. I got the last C:OoE, but maybe someone can find it at another Sears.

The Target in Stone Mountain is closing January 30th. Don't know if Target transfers all items or has some sort of clearance. Didn't see any markdowns and there were lots of empty shelves so I'm guessing the first option. I hate seeing stores close. This one was good for not marking clearance items, too.

I was in there a couple of weeks ago and saw the sign that said something about closing at 10 on the 30th. I thought that was odd and noticed that there seemed to be a lot of empty space inside. I'm kind of surprised they're closing. I guess maybe since the Wallymart over there remodeled people are going there instead.

[quote name='kitlink']Has anyone seen any of the clearanced 250gb ps3s in the metro area?[/QUOTE]
Ditto. None whatsoever in Gwinnett. How some Targets have these on sale and Sony's not jumping on their *ss is beyond me. I'm pretty sure this deal, while YMMV, will be short lived once word gets back to Sony USA.

bread's done
Back