Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='bier']Found 360 Batman AA for $9.99 this weekend while driving back from my son's baseball tourney in Cumming. Also picked up an extra POG version of 360 COD WAW - figured someone on here might want it.[/QUOTE]How did you get Batman AA for 10?

[quote name='gsugator']Debating whether to stop by the Snellville Target today. I can't remember the last time I found someone good in a Target clearance.[/QUOTE]I can save you a trip. There's some budget games on clearance, mostly PS2 stuff sitting at 30% off. It'll disappear by the time it hits 50%. I used to get some deals there, but recently it's always devoid.

[quote name='jdawgg76']How did you get Batman AA for 10?

[/QUOTE]

Store had 2 marked at $9.99. I assumed that was the going rate since I haven't seen any at the other bb's I have visited.

N. Druid Hills Target had two copies of "Brutal Legend" for 15 bucks yesterday. They were the only Xbox clearance games in sight. I resisted the impulse buy because I'd already bitten on a 10-dollar "Prototype" via the Gamefly sale earlier that day. So many games, so little time to actually play them.

-- Andy

[quote name='bier']Store had 2 marked at $9.99. I assumed that was the going rate since I haven't seen any at the other bb's I have visited.[/QUOTE]Pretty sure it was supposed to be 29.99.

[quote name='Robotechnology']N. Druid Hills Target had two copies of "Brutal Legend" for 15 bucks yesterday. They were the only Xbox clearance games in sight. I resisted the impulse buy because I'd already bitten on a 10-dollar "Prototype" via the Gamefly sale earlier that day. So many games, so little time to actually play them.

-- Andy[/QUOTE]If you don't mind used games you should get BL used at Blockbuster. It's 9.99 and there's a B1G1F going on so it would be $5. I tried out the beginning and it seemed pretty cool despite starring Jack Black.

Figured out what happened with my Batman AA after I looked at the receipt. The Blockbuster sticker on the box said Battlefield Bad Company but the cover art and the instruction manual were Batman AA. So it rang up Battlefield but the game was Batman :)

[quote name='pogipinoy27']Blockbuster off of holcomb bridge and old alabama (ish) is closing down. I went in there to check on B1G! titles when I heard the manager in the backroom over the phone talking about transferring titles to different stores. It was kind of sad too because the woman who rang my transactions got all emotional when I asked her about the store closing. I really didn't know what to say. Pretty awkward actually.[/QUOTE]

I use to stop by that location when I lived nearby. A lot of the people have been working there for a while. Then there's the young ones there, who once they start researching for UE, realize they'll be getting about $100 a week. I hate it for them (and hope they can find something else quickly). Due to the economy, only certain amount of spots are held for transfers (1 store to another).

I've been to a couple of these locations that have been closing, and they are basically getting floored by these announcements (mainly because Corporate is reassuring the managers their store won't close (who in turn tells his employees), then a month later, the bad news comes.

[quote name='bier']Figured out what happened with my Batman AA after I looked at the receipt. The Blockbuster sticker on the box said Battlefield Bad Company but the cover art and the instruction manual were Batman AA. So it rang up Battlefield but the game was Batman :)[/QUOTE]

You're going to return that to the store and offer to pay the difference, right?? ;)

[quote name='bier']Figured out what happened with my Batman AA after I looked at the receipt. The Blockbuster sticker on the box said Battlefield Bad Company but the cover art and the instruction manual were Batman AA. So it rang up Battlefield but the game was Batman :)[/QUOTE]Had that happen with a Tomb Raider Underworld. It was an Underworld box with a 9.99 price tag, but it was a TR Anniversary disc inside and it scanned and rang up as TR:A for 6.99. Just realized that maybe they did the scan a disc sleeve thing instead of the barcode on the box which would explain how it scanned that way. Was going to try and get a return for the proper disc, but with it ringing up for a cheaper game and the B1G1 going on it may be too big of a hassle. Besides I think I don't have TR:A and would like it so I'll see if they'll switch out the box and manual. Got TR:U at a different BB.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']You're going to return that to the store and offer to pay the difference, right?? ;)[/QUOTE]Sure, after he goes back and gets the other one. Reminds me that I should play the one I got at Sam's sometime.

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']You're going to return that to the store and offer to pay the difference, right?? ;)[/QUOTE]

With the price of gas, it would cost me more to go back to the store than I paid for the game. I'll be sure to drop a check for them in the mail :lol:

:bomb:Arrrgghhh! Got the E74 error on 360#2 last night. At least this one lasted just over 2 years instead of just over 2 months like my first unit.
Almost glad it tanked while it's still inside the 3 year window and still on Micro$oft's dime but still...Arrrgghhh!:bomb:

[quote name='sang321']Well, I registered my 360 on Microsoft and it ran out of warranty even with the extended warranty. I had bought it like when it first came out so... :/
The price to fix it was $100 for Microsoft. I looked into some craiglist and national websites that fix consoles but all of them look very bleh... I was looking to get it fixed about $50 to $75. Does anyone have any more tips? I'm using up my Gold days on my account... -.-[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how much they charge for 360 repairs, but cheap laptops usa in doravile has an $80 gift certificate up on halfoffdepot.com for $40.
http://halfoffdepot.com/atlanta/all-products/cheap-laptops-usa.html

I am going to be visiting my parents who live in Smyrna in June. Are their any good places I should check out?

[quote name='isd71']I am going to be visiting my parents who live in Smyrna in June. Are their any good places I should check out?[/QUOTE]

My folks live in Smyrna as well and I work in that area. Unfortunately, locations of the usual suspects (Target, TRU, Best Buy) around here are usually very picked over.

Hey, my job's relocating from Marietta to Sandy Springs sometime in July. Living in Acworth/Kennesaw, I'm not making the commute down 75 to 285 so I'm looking to move. My apt lease is up in July which works out well. Wondering what are some good places to live in the Sandy Springs area if I choose the apt/condo route, as opposed to buying a house. I'm single so that's why I'm leaning towards the former, even though owning a house is a goal. Haven't decided just yet since I'm also going for a job promotion at work that opened up recently, even though I just officially got one at the beginning of the month. Been paying 725-825/month the last couple of years in rent to give you an idea. With my debt decreasing and salary increasing, I'm in a pretty good position. Please provide your thoughts. Thanks!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I just saw on the news that someone robbed the Barrett Parkway Gamestop. Do any CAGs work there?[/QUOTE]

The one by B&N? If so, I (somewhat) know the manager there. Was it reported whether anyone was hurt?

[quote name='neocisco']The one by B&N? If so, I (somewhat) know the manager there. Was it reported whether anyone was hurt?[/QUOTE]
I only caught the last half of the story, but I didn't hear about anyone hurt. I'm guessing that was the store; It looked like it from the stills of the suspects.

oh man that sucks! Why couldn't the Kennesaw S/C one (the one next to the walmart) get robbed..The Town Center Prado one has the nicest employees and my favorite manager who ALWAYS makes a point to approach me and see what's going on. Very sad world we live in

Sorry, Mitch, I don't have any experience with renting in the Sandy Springs area, but in general, I would expect a similar apartment or house to be more expensive than a comparable one in Kennesaw. Sandy Springs is somewhat of a trendy area for younger ATL dwellers.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I only caught the last half of the story, but I didn't hear about anyone hurt. I'm guessing that was the store; It looked like it from the stills of the suspects.[/QUOTE]

Which station aired this story? Could I watch it on the net somewhere?

[quote name='Felder71']Sorry, Mitch, I don't have any experience with renting in the Sandy Springs area, but in general, I would expect a similar apartment or house to be more expensive than a comparable one in Kennesaw. Sandy Springs is somewhat of a trendy area for younger ATL dwellers.[/QUOTE]

You're right Felder71. That area is now the "hip" living area amongst young professionals (they've almost basically drove out most of the older population who actually own homes out due to the abundant condos/apts that were set up..meaning terrible traffic/congestion on any given day). You'll be lucky to find anything "nice" under $900. Funny thing is, those "trendoids" live out there, but head almost an hour to go party in downtown or east atlanta (when there's an abundance of nice restaurants, bars and other things right next to them).

On a CAG note: Went to 3 Kmarts (Snellville, Buford Hwy and Buford). No PS3 cameras in sight. Hope I saved someone a trip.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']AJC story:
http://www.ajc.com/news/cobb/police-seek-2-who-506464.html

I can't remember if it was WAGA or WSB.[/QUOTE]
Most are located in strip plazas with no security in sight. I always watch my back when I walk in and out of a GS and I never go to any of their midnight launch events. Surprised this isn't a regular occurrence. However, it took some balls to do this in Cobb County.

Now the question is, since they always tell people that they can't "this or that" or trade in a game sealed because the cameras are watching, then they obviously have video of the robbers...correct? And if they didn't (and a full of sh*t) and let a young women work a $100,000+ store alone without some sort of security measure if the other employee(s) went to lunch, GS needs to be ashamed of themselves. This could have ended far worse than what actually happened.

And they need to get rid of those "playable" kiosks they have set up. They serve no real purpose (you can D/ld the demo) other than to have people who don't intend to buy anything "loiter" in the store. More than likely those guys were on it for about a hour "scoping" the place out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Remember, the GS on 41 (near the Big Chicken, I think) was robbed (last year, I believe) and the employee there was killed. I don't remember the circumstances, whether he was shot or some other means. For some reason, I'm thinking he was tied and gagged and ended up suffocating or something. Regardless of how it opened, he was killed because his store was robbed. GS put security guards in the stores for a little while and they'll probably do the same token gesture again for a short time. At the bare minimum, GS should at least have dummy cameras pointed at the front door, registers and back door. If that girl was there by herself (and if she was, good money says it was due to GS being cheap with their hours) she should sue the crap out of GS.

Man, I loath GS.

Thanks for the info. I do see Microcenter in Marietta has a few copies of Fatal Frame 1-3 (PS2) for 17.27 each in stock according to their online tracker. Not a bad deal, considering the games are uncommon even with the reprint that happened a year or so ago.

That is terrible news about that Gamestop. The employees there and at the one near me in Acworth are friendly and helpful and I frequent those two the most. I hope that girl doesn't have any long term effects from what she went through.

[quote name='neocisco']Remember, the GS on 41 (near the Big Chicken, I think) was robbed (last year, I believe) and the employee there was killed. I don't remember the circumstances, whether he was shot or some other means. For some reason, I'm thinking he was tied and gagged and ended up suffocating or something. Regardless of how it opened, he was killed because his store was robbed. GS put security guards in the stores for a little while and they'll probably do the same token gesture again for a short time. At the bare minimum, GS should at least have dummy cameras pointed at the front door, registers and back door. If that girl was there by herself (and if she was, good money says it was due to GS being cheap with their hours) she should sue the crap out of GS.

Man, I loath GS.[/QUOTE]Yeah, the death from a year or so ago happened when he was accidentally suffocated by the idiot who gagged him not doing it right.

[quote name='neocisco']Remember, the GS on 41 (near the Big Chicken, I think) was robbed (last year, I believe) and the employee there was killed. I don't remember the circumstances, whether he was shot or some other means. For some reason, I'm thinking he was tied and gagged and ended up suffocating or something. Regardless of how it opened, he was killed because his store was robbed. GS put security guards in the stores for a little while and they'll probably do the same token gesture again for a short time. At the bare minimum, GS should at least have dummy cameras pointed at the front door, registers and back door. If that girl was there by herself (and if she was, good money says it was due to GS being cheap with their hours) she should sue the crap out of GS.

Man, I loath GS.[/QUOTE]
This Gamestop doesn't happen to be the one next to Barnes and Noble does it? I think I know the girl involved...Lucy? I think. :(

Yeah, it was Lucy. Poor girl. Her and Chris helped me get a wiifit for my fiance. Really sorry to hear that happened to them.

Also, Neo and Spacecowboy, I work in that shopping center. I've walked around that place at 2 am. I live down the street. My store opens before theirs does. I honestly would not see any reason to even be remotely scared, and we sell iPhones. From the article it looks like they got this chick before she even got into the store. I realize a lot of you don't like GS but don't demonize the people over at that particular store because somebody decided to rob them.

Have any of you ever been robbed?

[quote name='RoninChaos']Yeah, it was Lucy. Poor girl. Her and Chris helped me get a wiifit for my fiance. Really sorry to hear that happened to them.

Also, Neo and Spacecowboy, I work in that shopping center. I've walked around that place at 2 am. I live down the street. My store opens before theirs does. I honestly would not see any reason to even be remotely scared, and we sell iPhones. From the article it looks like they got this chick before she even got into the store. I realize a lot of you don't like GS but don't demonize the people over at that particular store because somebody decided to rob them.

Have any of you ever been robbed?[/QUOTE]
I wasn't demonizing the people there, just GS' (and most stores in plazas) lack of security at most of their locations. I can go into any GS on any particular day and see people hanging out, shooting the sh*t and everything else, but purchase something (for hours and in a small store like GS this should not be the case).

All the GS employees I have met are pleasurable and nice people (actually too nice, especially to "loiters").

And I have been robbed before (someone broke into my house-called police, second time at gunpoint-took care of it myself later). Not a nice experience and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

I agree. Don't take what I was saying the wrong way. It came across to me like you were critical of the employees. My mistake.

That sucks about the GS getting robbed. We had a vehicle stolen once fron a parking lot and that sucked enough, hope I never have to go through a robbery where I'm present.

As to living in Sandy Springs, I lived there for a year about 5 years back. The traffic in and around there can be an absolute nightmare without any reason and with no warning. Especially on Roswell Rd. and Ashford-Dunwoody Rd. by the mall. There are some cool spots to eat and shop though. My vet is still over there so I try to grab a bite from somewhere whenever it works with an appointment. The rent will probably be higher than K-Saw, a nice place might run you $950-$1150 per month. I'm just estimating as they were building a lot of that newer stuff when we were living there so I'm sure it drove up the prices in the area. Hope the move works out!

I got my 360 back from Micro$oft yesterday, super fast turnaround now! Now that it's tuned up it runs so nice and quiet.:D

[quote name='chuckie88']. . .
I got my 360 back from Micro$oft yesterday, super fast turnaround now! Now that it's tuned up it runs so nice and quiet.:D[/QUOTE]Just curious. Did you get back your unit or a replacement?

^My first 360 died 2 months after I got it and they sent me another unit (new serial number etc.) so I was thinking that they might do the same thing again. This time though I THINK they sent back the same unit.

It's really strange, they replaced the info. sticker on the back with a new one. The old sticker had the manufacter date, serial number, and product ID number on it. The new sticker (which they slapped on a little crooked) making it very easy to spot has service date instead of manufacter date on it. The serial number and product ID number are the same on this replacement sticker but something else was changed. Before the sticker said 16.5A which from what I've read online indicates a Zephyr motherboard, now the sticker says 14.2A which from what I've read indicates a Falcon motherboard. I find it hard to believe they would switch it out but that's apparently that's what the sticker they put on wants to advertise. (The sticker above the power cord slot is still the same and reads 16.5A so I'm not sure what that means). The marks that I took note of on the plastic casing were still there and in the right places also so I'm pretty sure that it is the same unit.

The whole motherboard thing is a bit of a mystery to me but I'm no expert in the field or anything. Maybe there are some ATL CAGs who are more up to speed on this stuff? If so, I'd love to read any and all responses, thoughts, and speculations.

[quote name='RoninChaos']I agree. Don't take what I was saying the wrong way. It came across to me like you were critical of the employees. My mistake.[/QUOTE]
No biggie. My beef was with GS' security measures (or lack therefore of it).

Between the GT robberies and other things, I'm just getting sick and tired of people taking advantage of people only trying to make a living and better themselves. This new group of children (not all, but some. I have kids myself) feel like they have some sort of sense of entitlement. Then when life gives them a reality check, they want to take it from others. They feel like working at Mcdonald's, other fast food restaurants and anything involving manual labor is beneath them (in high school, I worked the Krystal's night shift 11pm-6am and still went to school that day). Some (again not all) that do work, only do it because they were forced (car/insurance, etc.) to by their parents and it shows (bad customer service and snotty attitudes). They don't want to work hard like you, I or our parents did.

Crap, enough of this rant. Let's get back to the deals!

PM me if you want my Halo Reach Beta code from the XBOX Live shut down. No need for it since I have ODST. Need to be a semi-regular poster in this thread.

Hey Ronin, how long have you worked at that store? We had some serious fraud issues with an employee and the SM a couple of years ago.

Sucks about that GS. I don't go into game stores much anymore, but I'm in that CDWarehouse 2 times a week at least. Crazy balls to pull something off there.

[quote name='Jam424']Hiram Target has nothing right now! In fact, nobody in Hiram has much of anything.[/QUOTE]

Hiram's had a whole lot of nothing for a while now, our Target hasn't even been putting any games on clearance at all for about the past 1-2 months... As a sidenote, never knew this thread existed... Awesome. :)

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']Are PS3's still in short supply in Atlanta? I MIGHT be getting one in the next week or so, so I'm just trying to be pre-emptive if so.[/QUOTE]

I think so because they are usually not in stock when I go into a Wal-Mart or a Best Buy.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Hey Ronin, how long have you worked at that store? We had some serious fraud issues with an employee and the SM a couple of years ago.

Sucks about that GS. I don't go into game stores much anymore, but I'm in that CDWarehouse 2 times a week at least. Crazy balls to pull something off there.[/QUOTE]

You work for the deathstar too?

FYE in Douglasville Arbor Mall has 50% off PS2 games, 75% off other last gen stuff, 25% off used games. They have a new Taiko Drum Master marked at $49.99 so it'd be $25 if anyone's looking for it. They had a couple of the Buzz PS2 packages as well.

Does anyone need any of the recent Target PS2 markdowns? They have a bunch left at 75% off at the Buckhead store. There should also be a few GH5/guitar sets left for $20, and possibly one DJ Hero for the same price. Bonanza!

So, I am playing cheap DJ Hero tonight. :D

Target on Shallowford and Sandy Plains in Marietta had a ton on clearance last night. I picked up RE5 for the ps3 for $7.48. They had one more copy of it left, 3 copies of GH5 with the guitar and GH Van Halen for $19.98, and a boatload of Wii, PSP, and DS games. I noticed GTPSP was $19.98 and Blue Dragon was cheap (maybe $5? or so) along with copious amounts of shovelware.

Dan

If anyone sees a cheap copy of RE5 for the PS3 around for the clearance price, mind picking it up and I'll reimburse you for it?

bread's done
Back