Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

How was the crowd/organization? I'd read that the Chicago one was chaotic, and very poorly managed.

What kinda goodies were they giving away?

It was pretty well organized. I saw a guy on Youtube crying about not getting to play much, but if he manned up and said"I got next." He probably woulda had more play time. They gave out T-shirts, special edition Deadpool comics, and some cool ass shot glasses, but since I was there"Working" I couldn't get any of them :(. I did get some pics with the models and the Felicia Cosplayer was so dead on it was amazing. Oh, they also had Pizza and drinks.

Hey ATL CAGs, I actually went shopping in a physical store today. Hardly ever do that anymore. Anyway, for those who are still interested or looking, Best Buy on Scenic Hwy in Snellville still has four or five copies of Fable III Limited Collector's edition going for the $79.99 MSRP. I picked one up cuz it beats the hell out of paying $90 or more on ebay or amazon.

Also went to Target in Snellville to scope the buy 2 get 1 deal, and it pretty much sucks compared to what amazon did this week, since the price limit is $59.99 and there are no handheld games included.

Also went to Kmart in Snellville and picked up Vanquish for $34.99. They still have a bunch of games on clearance for $19.99. Picked up Dragon Age Awakening for that price.

Don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but Family Dollar has Rock Band Track Packs for $5 (all systems). I was able to pick up Vol 2 and Metal for Xbox 360 at the Ridge Road Family Dollar in Douglasville. They still have a Vol 2 for all systems, so if anyone finds a Classic Rock one for 360, I'd love to trade.

[quote name='TsuyoiMomonga']Don't know if this has been mentioned here yet, but Family Dollar has Rock Band Track Packs for $5 (all systems). I was able to pick up Vol 2 and Metal for Xbox 360 at the Ridge Road Family Dollar in Douglasville. They still have a Vol 2 for all systems, so if anyone finds a Classic Rock one for 360, I'd love to trade.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip, I'll check the Marietta & Smyrna stores.

[quote name='Mazstermind']Hey Guys, Im new here. I live im Alpharetta. Im looking for a good deal on Castelvania or Alen Wake for Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

Welcome! I'm looking for Alan Wake as well, possibly the CE. A lot of people are predicting it is a prime candidate for Black Friday clearancing online and possibly in-store, so keep an eye out during the next few weeks.

[quote name='Tybee']Welcome! I'm looking for Alan Wake as well, possibly the CE. A lot of people are predicting it is a prime candidate for Black Friday clearancing online and possibly in-store, so keep an eye out during the next few weeks.[/QUOTE]

Bah I saw some Alan Wake CE at walmart @ Chamblee. It was behind glass so I didn't see if it was on clearance...

I dont even know if walmart does clearance like Target does. /shrug

Nice find. If I remember correctly, Wal-Mart is supposed to have MGS 4 and a bunch of other games for $9.99 on Black Friday.

was wondering if anyone on here had a 360 transfer cable i could borrow? (im a trusted trader and would pay both shipping costs) I REALLY want to download a bunch of content for RB3 and I have completely filled up my HDD :(

[quote name='realwords']Anyone know how crowded the Windward walmart in alpharetta gets on black friday?[/QUOTE]

As crowded as every other Wal-Mart in the nation on Black Friday.

Found some Clamshell Xbox live cards(13 month) at a toys r us in Decatur 23.99, saw some at Buckhead one, but the price said 40 bucks...

[quote name='Robotechnology']Wow, Mazinga, that's pretty cheap for a year of Live. Where's the TRU in Decatur?[/QUOTE]

The closest TRU to Decatur is actually in Tucker. I suspect that's the one he means.

llcoolj_radio.jpg

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I think I established that.

It's the WSB-AM tower.[/QUOTE]Haha. Just messing with you. Meant to come back earlier with a real answer, but I passed out sick as a dog. Pretty sure it's just a cell tower. A radio transmit tower would have to have a building for equipment, unless it's a relay tower. Dunno about those.

[quote name='neocisco']walkin' down the street to the hardcore beat
while my JVC vibrates the concrete

Who's next? And no googling.[/QUOTE]Out of his early stuff, Radio was always my least favorite of his popular songs. I'm a Goin Back to Cali man.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Haha. Just messing with you. Meant to come back earlier with a real answer, but I passed out sick as a dog. Pretty sure it's just a cell tower. A radio transmit tower would have to have a building for equipment, unless it's a relay tower. Dunno about those.

Out of his early stuff, Radio was always my least favorite of his popular songs. I'm a Goin Back to Cali man.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know. But it actually is the WSB tower. There is a bulding underneath, a huge brick circle right in the middle of the shopping center. Support wires are actually attached to a couple of buildings.

wsb-tx.JPG

Yeah, my bad, I meant Tucker. Anyone get the Walmart sale on Street Fighter joystick? They split the order and made the stick 14 bucks and the game 13. Gonna return Vanilla Street fighter and keep the stick!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Oh, I know. But it actually is the WSB tower. There is a bulding underneath, a huge brick circle right in the middle of the shopping center. Support wires are actually attached to a couple of buildings.[/QUOTE]

Damn. You, sir are correct. Really didn't figure it to be a broadcast tower and definitely not for one of the most powerful am stations. I've been there a few times and never really paid attention. I'll have to take a closer look next time. Everything metal in the construction of the strip mall had to be ground to avoid becoming an antennae. I know land is at a premium around here, but come on. Then again I shouldn't be surprised after seeing oil derricks in parking lots in bakersfield.

[quote name='El Gray']Did you live in Bakersfield? I did for a year back around 1990. Not a beautiful town.[/QUOTE]Hell no. Just visiting. Went up in the mountains above Bakersfield around Caliente. Now that's a pretty area.

Hey, y'all, I got a PS3 on Friday. If anyone wants to friend up, I am El_Gray on PSN. I'll add the folks I know that have PSN handles.

So far, I have Uncharted, Killzone 2, MW 1+2, ModNation Racers, LBP, and Red Dead.

Sevensboyfriend is my PSN name. Quick plug time! I help run the SouthEast's largest fighting game tourney called Final Round,check it out if you're interested in Street Fighter, Tekken, Marvel Vs. Series and others.

FinalRound.org

Just in case you need further evidence of the evil that is the Cobb Pkwy BB, I posted this over in the Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 Blu-ray deal thread:

On Tuesday, I made the mistake of trying to get this at the Cobb Parkway BB (a location notorious with ATL CAGs for its horrible, antagonistic customer "service") in combination with Epic Mickey since they were offering $10 off if you bought both. First sign of trouble: EM was just a slip of paper with a picture of the game in a plastic anti-theft box, meaning the game had to be retrieved from The Cage.

Walking up to checkout, I timed it badly and instead of getting the young, friendly-looking female associate, I got the old, toad-like assistant manager type. I handed him the Fantasia Blu and the plastic-boxed EM slip. He looked at the latter and said, "Oh gee. What is this? A book? A Disney book?" I said (politely), "Actually, it's a game. It says you have to get it out of the cage over there." Him: "Oh, yeah." He wandered off, and returned a few minutes later with the PLAYER'S GUIDE.

Me: "Um, actually, I'm looking for the game, not the player's guide FOR the game."
BB: "Oh wow. Okay."

Wanders off again, finally returning with the game. Then he looks at the $10 Disney Fantasia coupon.

BB: "Oh jeez. Another one of these things. Hmmm. Wow. I'm going to need to go check with my manager."

Wanders off once more, returning after the longest interval yet. Rings up the game and movie.

BB: "Oh, and we can't accept this coupon."
Me: "I'm sorry. Why not?"
BB: "Well, some guy was in here earlier trying to use two of them."
Me: "Does it look like I'm trying to use two of them?"
BB: "Well, no, but our manager just decided he doesn't want to honor any coupons."
Me: "Does that seem like a wise business practice? Because at this point, I'm fine with taking my business elsewhere. In fact, I'll bet I can go to another BB location and redeem this coupon with no problem. Meanwhile, you haven't even tried to scan it."
BB: "Uhhhh..."
Me: "Thanks. I'll get these somewhere else."

And I walked out. I've dealt with enough shit at this location to know that calling for the manager would have simply been a waste of my time and a further source of aggravation. Suffice to say I'll never be setting foot in there again.

On the way home, I stopped at another BB location (Edgewood for ATL folks) and it was like night and day. There were actual games in the security boxes. The associate there immediately took the coupon (which scanned fine). However, it didn't apply the additional $10 discount for buying both items. I pointed it out to her and showed her the deal in the circular. Immediately she said, "Hang on. We'll fix this." So she manually knocked $10 off the price of Fantasia. And when she needed the manager to verify the transaction, rather than come over and treat me like a criminal, she simply walked up, entered her code, and told the associate, "Do what you need to do."​

ATL CAG's I need your votes:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280325

Tybee, I feel your pain- I drive 15 minutes out of the way and shop at the Barret Parkway store because of the a**hole managers at that store. What manager did you have, was it perchance Megan? She refused to even scan my B&tB coupon.

Call customer service and relay your troubles- I've ended up with a GC on a couple of occasions because of that store. They are very aware of the problem with management at store 502 and need more specifics.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again-
Rate this specific store, and be sure and relay that the your problem was with the managers:
http://stores.bestbuy.com/502/

Went back to Buckhead TRU, someone bought all the clamshell Xbox live cards. Weds there were at least 20,no lie...

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Tybee, I feel your pain- I drive 15 minutes out of the way and shop at the Barret Parkway store because of the a**hole managers at that store. What manager did you have, was it perchance Megan? She refused to even scan my B&tB coupon.

Call customer service and relay your troubles- I've ended up with a GC on a couple of occasions because of that store. They are very aware of the problem with management at store 502 and need more specifics.

Also, I've said it before and I'll say it again-
Rate this specific store, and be sure and relay that the your problem was with the managers:
http://stores.bestbuy.com/502/[/QUOTE]

I didn't even bother to bring the manager into it, because I've been through it with managers at that store before and it's pointless. I have better things to do with my time/sanity.

[quote name='Tybee']I didn't even bother to bring the manager into it, because I've been through it with managers at that store before and it's pointless. I have better things to do with my time/sanity.[/QUOTE]

That is definitely the way to look at it. At that store if a manager is brought in the customer is guaranteed to get the short end regardless of what the ad/coupon website says; Which is the opposite end results of good stores like Barrett or Sydney Marcus.

They're not worth the trouble, nor the "convenience" their proximity provides me.

Haven't noticed any of those on sale lately.

If anyone is looking for a cut-rate price on Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for PS3 or 360, though, I have some good info...

Ohh, Gray, that's (Ult. Dragon Age for 360) tempting. But it's on my Amazon Wish List and a relative may come thru for me. Then again... how hot a deal are you talking?

I grabbed the last 360 "Dragon Age Ultimate Edition" at the North Druid Target this morning. Also some donuts to smooth over why I was late for work. There were some PS3 ones left, I think. As well as 20-dollar copies of the regular edition. I was tempted by the GOTY version of "Fallout 3" which they have for 35, but I already have a big backlog of titles to play (and you aren't supposed to be buying stuff for yourself now anyway).

I've spotted more of the DAO Ultimate at Northpoint now. The ones I found earlier were at the Buckhead store... seems like they're pretty common at $30 (50% off).

And yeah, the $35 Fallout GOTY seems to be at most stores, too, but in smaller quantities. I have seen the non-Ultimate DAO for $15.

bread's done
Back