Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='mitch079']Picked up a 360 wireless headset for $20 at the BB on Shallowford Road, across from the Target, in Marietta. One left that I saw. A couple of 360 wireless controllers for $25. They had some DS Lites marked down to $98 behind the counter, an Elite fat 360 for under $200 and an 80gb PS3 bundle for about $260 if I remember right.

Also picked up the Chris Farley biography from a BB over on Delk Rd for 1.49.

Game selection was meh for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Wish I was closer.....

My headset died on my a few months ago. Been using the wired one and I hate it.

[quote name='El Gray']You mean ARE compatible?[/QUOTE]

Nope, I popped in a few games and they WEREN'T compatible. It's the model that only has PS1 compatibility. I tried Shadow of the Colossus, Ico and Kingdom Hearts on the PS3 to no avail.

[quote name='Computersnacks']That said, I have a PS3 and I need some suggestion for some good, cheap games. Anyone have any?[/QUOTE]

Make sure you check out gohasting sales for used games!! After I bought my PS3 last fall, I used them to build up a great library of games for cheap prices!

Craigslist is a great source too. Gas sometimes negates the low costs though.

[quote name='mitch079']Picked up a 360 wireless headset for $20 at the BB on Shallowford Road, across from the Target, in Marietta. One left that I saw. A couple of 360 wireless controllers for $25. They had some DS Lites marked down to $98 behind the counter, an Elite fat 360 for under $200 and an 80gb PS3 bundle for about $260 if I remember right.

Also picked up the Chris Farley biography from a BB over on Delk Rd for 1.49.

Game selection was meh for the most part.[/QUOTE]

No Kinects by any chance?

Not sure if this has been posted(been awhile since I've been on here) but I found DJ Hero part 1 Renegade Edition for 30 bucks. I guess to reduce the power of El Hoarda, PM me for great justice.

Didn't see any Cochese but it doesn't mean I didn't miss them.

Mazinga, any chance it's the same store chain in the Deal thread?

Blockbuster update - 99 cent blus at the Delk Road in Marietta (better selection) and on Abernathy/Roswell in Sandy Springs. Also found some of the 1600 point cards and 3 month Live subscriptions at $10 each at the one on Peachtree Rd NE. About 5 and 10 left, respectively.

And Microcenter in Marietta is low on the replacement blu ray cases lol.

[quote name='Computersnacks']Nope, I popped in a few games and they WEREN'T compatible. It's the model that only has PS1 compatibility. I tried Shadow of the Colossus, Ico and Kingdom Hearts on the PS3 to no avail.[/QUOTE]

I believe Microcenter is selling the CECHL01 model, it was the last fat model before they switched to the slim model. Only PS3s that have 4 USB ports in the front are PS2 compatible (this one only has 2), and since Sony stopped making these 3 years ago I doubt you will find any quality refurbished systems available...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I believe Microcenter is selling the CECHL01 model, it was the last fat model before they switched to the slim model. Only PS3s that have 4 USB ports in the front are PS2 compatible (this one only has 2), and since Sony stopped making these 3 years ago I doubt you will find any quality refurbished systems available...[/QUOTE]

Anyone know if Duluth store got restocked?

[quote name='mitch079']Blockbuster update - 99 cent blus at the Delk Road in Marietta (better selection) and on Abernathy/Roswell in Sandy Springs. Also found some of the 1600 point cards and 3 month Live subscriptions at $10 each at the one on Peachtree Rd NE. About 5 and 10 left, respectively.

And Microcenter in Marietta is low on the replacement blu ray cases lol.[/QUOTE]

Which Blu titles were in that BB sale? I never found the post in the thread that detailed it, and the guy at the Ponce store was not aware of any such sale when I asked on Sunday.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']If anyone sees any of the Infamous 2 orange tagged at any of the metro-Targets hide me one and shoot me a PM. ;)[/QUOTE]

i thought about looking, but it's soo ymmv it's kind of pointless. Besides i have my Hero Edition pre ordered at Gamestop. Does anyone know if Best Buy still has those packages for their preorders that you can just grab for 5 bucks?

[quote name='El Gray']Which Blu titles were in that BB sale? I never found the post in the thread that detailed it, and the guy at the Ponce store was not aware of any such sale when I asked on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

I stopped by the BBV on S.Cobb Drive in Smyrna on Monday to grab a few B1G1 games. They had some $0.99 Blu discs there also. I remember seeing Semi-Pro, Whiteout (w/ Kate Beckinsale?), Eastern Promises (surprised at that one), and Band of Brothers (also a surprise, disc 5 or 6 I think). There were others but I didn't really look too close.

El Gray, I picked up and there was more than this:

Away We Go
Be Kind Rewind
The Brothers Bloom
Bruno
Dan in Real Life
Devil
Dorian Gray
Duplicity
An Education
The Fourth Kind
In the Electric Mist
It's Kind of a Funny Story
Knowing
My Name is Bruce
The Private Lives of Pippa Lee
The Reader
Revolutionart Road
The Road
Six Wives of Henry Lefay
Smart People
Stolen
To Save a Life
Whiteout
The Wolfman

I realize this may not be the right place... but anyone in the Atlanta area with interest in an 80GB PS3 (4usb, backward compatible, was the MGS4 bundle model) -- disc drive has stopped reading all discs -- but upgraded the hard drive to 160GB (brand new), usb works great, wifi, all that works fine, disc drive crapped out last weekend though. I WILL include a dualshock and all cables.

Been playing my psn backlog last few days on there, but gonna pick up a Slim today rather than pay Sony to fix it.

Anyone with interest in it (can fix it yourself for around $70 im sure, or use as a media center/psn machine, etc.).. just shoot me a PM and we can discuss! Its also up on ebay, but I can pull it off there if someone local wants it, which would be preferred.

Thanks!

ps3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 2 free passes good for 2 people each to an advance screening of Friends with Benefits on Wednesday, 6/8 at AMC Barrett Commons in Kennesaw. This movie doesn't come out until 7/22 so this is a very early screening. If you're interested in going just post here (don't PM me yet, my box is nearly full) and I will make arrangements to mail you the pass. I may be able to get a few more if there is enough interest. This offer is only for regulars and semi-regulars of this thread so lurkers need not apply.

friends-with-benefits-movie-poster.jpg

[quote name='h3llbring3r']If anyone sees any of the Infamous 2 orange tagged at any of the metro-Targets hide me one and shoot me a PM. ;)[/QUOTE]
I tried Duluth but none there. Oh well, just a couple days left anyway...

Just in case anyone locally decides to go to the Milton Fry's to try and pick up a PS3 Move Bundle that is on sale for $50 due to the website AND call center saying they have 2 in stock, they are wrong. They are doing rain checks though and according to the computer are supposed to get some in today (but the girl working there said that isn't always correct and could be a few more days).

[quote name='grundy']Has anyone seen Vanquish or Split Second for the 360 in the Target clearance section?[/QUOTE]

I saw vanquished at the stonecrest target a few days ago.

I found a Samsung Bluray player BDP-1600 on clearance at Blockbuster. If anyone found a DSLite or DSi and would like to work out a trade pm me. I definitely have a use for it, but I'd prefer to have found a DS.

My PS3 stopped outputting through HDMI yesterday. I tried all of the usual suspects: different cables, different TVs, pressing power for 5 seconds to reset the display settings. I've tried going into the settings and changing to HDMI with both composite and HDMI connected...I'm running out of things to try. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be more than happy to hear them.

If all else fails, however, I will need to get the console repaired, and I'd like to do it locally. I live in Woodstock, but work in Atlanta, so anywhere around or between these areas would be fantastic! If anyone has had any experience in local repairs, or national even, please chime in! Any suggestions...?

PS3 folks,
I'm a new owner who really just uses it (so far) as a Blu-ray player [I stick to my Xbox for my gaming needs]. So my question is this: I gather as part of the "Welcome Back" promotion we all get 2 free games? Anyone want to cast a vote for which would be my best choices? I'm leaning toward "Infamous" and "Little Big Planet."

Thanks,

Andy

A few interesting PS3 titles showing up for $10 on the Target clearance racks this week. I've found and bought:

Green Day Rock Band
Wolverine
Monopoly Streets
Hasbro Family Game Night 3 (don't want this, but hey, 550 Goozex points)

...and then that truth or dare kinda game that you always see is now down to $2.48, so I grabbed one. I guess it has to be terrible, eh? Hmm... 300 Goozex points. Not bad.

Anyone else have Monopoly Streets? I bought it because a friend did, and wanted to try playing against him.

Excited to try the Wolverine game that most people liked WAY more than the movie!

[quote name='Robotechnology']PS3 folks,
I'm a new owner who really just uses it (so far) as a Blu-ray player [I stick to my Xbox for my gaming needs]. So my question is this: I gather as part of the "Welcome Back" promotion we all get 2 free games? Anyone want to cast a vote for which would be my best choices? I'm leaning toward "Infamous" and "Little Big Planet."

Thanks,

Andy[/QUOTE]

[quote name='El Gray']Yep, get those.[/QUOTE]I'd get those two as well if I were you. They're the most expensive being retail releases and they're probably the best two games depending on your tastes. I got LBP and Wipeout since I already had Infamous. Wish LBP was GOTY, but it's free so hey any DLC I get the overall package will still be cheap. Doesn't the welcome back program end REALLY soon? Like in a couple days?

[quote name='jdawgg76'] Doesn't the welcome back program end REALLY soon? Like in a couple days?[/QUOTE]

July 3rd, according to the psn blog.

Saw Rock Band 3 keyboards clearanced down to $40 at 2 Best Buys today. Acworth and Kennesaw. All platforms. PS3 ones sold out in Acworth.

Sumbitch! I need one for PS3! Guess I'll check the ones on my way home tomorrow. I'm not driving to Kennesaw. Thanks for the alert.

[quote name='El Gray']A few interesting PS3 titles showing up for $10 on the Target clearance racks this week. I've found and bought:

Green Day Rock Band
Wolverine
Monopoly Streets
Hasbro Family Game Night 3 (don't want this, but hey, 550 Goozex points)

...and then that truth or dare kinda game that you always see is now down to $2.48, so I grabbed one. I guess it has to be terrible, eh? Hmm... 300 Goozex points. Not bad.

Anyone else have Monopoly Streets? I bought it because a friend did, and wanted to try playing against him.

Excited to try the Wolverine game that most people liked WAY more than the movie![/QUOTE]

So you are the one who bought the things I had my eye on at the State Bridge Target huh? :)

I was going to get Monopoly and The Game night one if they dropped again for playing with the family and relatively easy trophies, but it is probably better I do not increase the backlog more anyway. I already have Wolverine and have no interest in the Rock band style games.

If anyone sees any printers, specifically any AIOs at Target on clearance, please let me know. The one I bought from them almost five years ago finally ate it.

[quote name='GamingGator']So you are the one who bought the things I had my eye on at the State Bridge Target huh? :)

I was going to get Monopoly and The Game night one if they dropped again for playing with the family and relatively easy trophies, but it is probably better I do not increase the backlog more anyway. I already have Wolverine and have no interest in the Rock band style games.[/QUOTE]

Naw, I got those at Atlantic Station... except for Wolverine. I forget where I picked that one up. Sandy Springs, I think. I believe there were more copies of Monopoly at the Lindbergh Target, if I'm remembering right.

I stopped at Northpoint BBuy tonight... three Wii keyboards left, and no other model, as far as I could tell. D'oh. Didn't have time to get to another store before they closed. Any intel on in-town/400 corridor PS3 keyboards would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the votes, all, and helping me choose my PS3 freebies. Finally fired my console up and grabbed "Infamous" overnight last night. I guess I'm dumb, but it never dawned on me that it would take hours and hours and hours to download a full, retail game. I guess I'd better grab "Little Big Planet" tonight before the promotion ends.

--Andy

I was at the Cobb Parkway Target in Smyrna/Marietta today and checked the clearance endcap for games. As is typical at this store the selection totally sucked. There were many copies of a Wii Singing game, a single DS title that escapes me, a single copy of the Truth or Lies game mentioned by El Gray, 2 copies of Green Day Rockband and 1/2 dozen each of Naughty Bear and NCAA Football 2010. Outside of the PS3 and DS titles all others were PS3 only. That store VERY rarely has ANY 360 clearance titles.:bomb:

Regarding the PSN freebies: The UNCHARTED 3 beta started yesterday for PSN+ members. If you have been waiting to start your free month, this might be a good time to do so. I downloaded last night, and installed it earlier. Guess I'll go fire that sucker up now. I'm pretty excited to try it out.

ALSO: There's a free online multiplayer demo for the new MOTORSTORM game up this week. It's free for EVERYONE, and it's only up there for five days, so grab that NOW if you're interested.

Andy, I imagine that once you've "purchased" your free games, it doesn't really matter when you download them.

[quote name='El Gray']Regarding the PSN freebies: The UNCHARTED 3 beta started yesterday for PSN+ members. If you have been waiting to start your free month, this might be a good time to do so. I downloaded last night, and installed it earlier. Guess I'll go fire that sucker up now. I'm pretty excited to try it out.

ALSO: There's a free online multiplayer demo for the new MOTORSTORM game up this week. It's free for EVERYONE, and it's only up there for five days, so grab that NOW if you're interested.

Andy, I imagine that once you've "purchased" your free games, it doesn't really matter when you download them.[/QUOTE]UC3 was pretty bad last night between getting into matches taking forever, lag, etc. Hope it gets better as I want to put in the time to unlock everything for the retail release.

Also, correct about purchasing/downloading.

Loganville BB had some Wii, 1 360 and 4 PS3 RB3 keyboards.

Found my ps3 keyboard at Edgewood! They had a bunch of Wii and PS3 ones.

Yeah, haven't gotten past the title screen of UC3 yet, but I think it is about to load as I type this... D'oh... "Error getting ticket.". Hmm.

Is it generally frowned upon to mention something for sale (video game related, of course) on this board? I've got something that might be of interest and would prefer a local sale and to someone who's a regular.

^The ATL thread tends to be pretty chill and it has been done before so I think it'd be fine. As long as it is just an individual mention and not repeated or a regular occurance. I for one have no issue with if done like that. So, watcha' got?

I hit up 2 Best Buys today looking for a $15 copy of ROCK BAND 3 (PS3), but no luck. None at Northpoint or Lindbergh. I called Edgewood, and they said no-go, too. I did manage to get a $10 copy of DEF JAM RAPSTAR at Northpoint, at least.

If anyone spots a copy of RB3 for PS3 this weekend, please snag it for me, and I'll compensate you.

[quote name='El Gray']I hit up 2 Best Buys today looking for a $15 copy of ROCK BAND 3 (PS3), but no luck. None at Northpoint or Lindbergh. I called Edgewood, and they said no-go, too. I did manage to get a $10 copy of DEF JAM RAPSTAR at Northpoint, at least.

If anyone spots a copy of RB3 for PS3 this weekend, please snag it for me, and I'll compensate you.[/QUOTE]

I found one at the stonecrest best buy if you're interested.

Rock Band Green day is 4.98 at the Target on Holcomb bridge alpharetta, 3 copies been there for about two weeks now

[quote name='El Gray']I hit up 2 Best Buys today looking for a $15 copy of ROCK BAND 3 (PS3), but no luck. None at Northpoint or Lindbergh. I called Edgewood, and they said no-go, too. I did manage to get a $10 copy of DEF JAM RAPSTAR at Northpoint, at least.

If anyone spots a copy of RB3 for PS3 this weekend, please snag it for me, and I'll compensate you.[/QUOTE]

I saw a used one the other day at Stockbridge Blockbuster for 10 bucks, not sure if it's still there.

bread's done
Back