Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

In what has become a strangely regular weekend trip I checked out the Cumberland/Cobb Parkway TRU that is moving again yesterday. Hardly anything left, new games are at 50% and BluRays at 60% off with very limited selection on both. All game guide books are reduced to a flat $2, I managed to find 2 or 3 that I wanted. There were still a few sealed in shrink wrap. Besides the various odd wrestling titles and Mario games, there were many copies of guides for Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Halo Reach. That's about it, more than half the store was empty and closed off with caution tape so I'm sure it won't be long now.

[quote name='chuckie88']In what has become a strangely regular weekend trip I checked out the Cumberland/Cobb Parkway TRU that is moving again yesterday. Hardly anything left, new games are at 50% and BluRays at 60% off with very limited selection on both. All game guide books are reduced to a flat $2, I managed to find 2 or 3 that I wanted. There were still a few sealed in shrink wrap. Besides the various odd wrestling titles and Mario games, there were many copies of guides for Bioshock 2, Mass Effect 2, Modern Warfare 2, and Halo Reach. That's about it, more than half the store was empty and closed off with caution tape so I'm sure it won't be long now.[/QUOTE]

It's so funny that they're going to all the trouble to move across the parking lot. But whatever. At least glad they're not croaking like Borders.

When I checked in last week, I did see a bunch of copies of the Golden Sun DS game in the cabinet in the video game section if you're looking for that at a good price.

[quote name='jdawgg76']It's in Lenox Mall. I didn't know until someone posted that deal I looked at the store locator. Vaguely remember hearing they were doing one awhile back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's on the 1st floor, near the front end of the mall.

No more of the cheap headsets at Edgewood. I should have gone back earlier this week.

Still a few left of the Xbox-only ones, but they're still marked at $41.

This is sort of short notice, but I'm planning to see "Zombie" on Friday night at the Plaza Theater if anyone would care to join me. We are due for another ATL CAG meet up. Even better: we should totally plan a group outing to that "Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse" haunted house thingie. I've been curious about it ever since reading about it last year, but have yet to check it out. I hear you can get paintball guns and basically experience a sort of live "Left 4 Dead."

-- Andy (who clearly has zombies on the brain)

would love to do an ATL CAG outing sometime, I think i'm actually going to end up going to see The Thing and Dream House at Starlight Six Drive In Friday.

Has anyone ever been to the Netherworld haunted house in Norcross?
I've read that it's pretty good, but I've never heard directly from anyone who has actually been in it.

[quote name='ROB64']Has anyone ever been to the Netherworld haunted house in Norcross?
I've read that it's pretty good, but I've never heard directly from anyone who has actually been in it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it was pretty awesome, i've only been one time though. I went last year with some friends and it was pretty nice, it's easily a lot better with a group of friends, might be boring alone. I want to go check out Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse, has anyone been to it or that one in Morrow? Oh in other news, I Graduate in about 12 hours!!!!

[quote name='Clown069']Yeah it was pretty awesome, i've only been one time though. I went last year with some friends and it was pretty nice, it's easily a lot better with a group of friends, might be boring alone. I want to go check out Atlanta Zombie Apocalypse, has anyone been to it or that one in Morrow? Oh in other news, I Graduate in about 12 hours!!!![/QUOTE]

AZA is literally a street over from me on thurman rd. its pretty cool. they convert the whole paintball arena into a zombie shooting gallery.

Not a game deal but if anyone's a WWE fan or has kids who are:

MEET WWE SUPERSTAR ALBERTO DEL RIO - SUNDAY 2:00PM OCT 30 - KMART 5590 MABLETON PARKWAY STE 100 - MABLETON, GA 30126 - OPEN TO THE FIRST 300 ATTENDEES. ONE AUTOGRAPH PER PERSON. Wristband policy in effect. Wristbands will be distributed to the first 300 attendees. Space is limited. Arrive early. Talent and event subject to change.

hey guys if anyone has a 360 copy of black ops near morrow/stockbridge i will buy it today for 10 cash. I will throw in mw2 if you want, im just trying to get black ops

There was a Gears of War 3 LE at the Edgewood Target for 55 bucks that got snagged before I could get it the other day. If anyone see one of those out there I'd appreciate a heads up because I'm willing to get it for that price if I can find one.

There are a few copies of JUST CAUSE 2 and RED FACTION: GUERILLA for PS3 around town that I'm waiting to get cheap enough. Also, ARAGORN'S QUEST, or whatever that LOTR game was. Is that one worth $10?

@Aznhero913 tipped me off to a great deal at the Microsoft Store tonight for MW3. It's a midnight release party for the game, you get a free tshirt, dog tag, and $25 GC just for attending the event!
Is anyone in Atlanta going?

Anyone know any good places to buy older games in the alpharetta/Roswell area? I can do the city too if there's a good place there. Pawn shops/independent game stores/whatever as long as the selection is decent. I checked a few pawn shops but the oldest stuff I saw was ps2.

There was a place in Marietta that had a lot of old stuff. This was like 4 or 5 years ago so I have no idea if its still there. I don't remember what it was called either

I can't believe how rare such stores are here... back home in a town of less than 120,000 I know of at least 4 independent game stores. They tend to do movies/cds too but they have a ton of old games at each. Not to mention every pawn shop had a huge selection of old games. The pawn shops here have mostly newer stuff and I can't find any classic game stores. Craigslist/Ebay may be my only options but I love going in and browsing. I'm moving to Chicago in 6 months for my job... maybe I'll have better luck there.

Has anyone seen the "mythically clearanced" Gears of War 3 collector's edition at Target? I remember seeing it some time ago at $39.98, but now I've heard it's dropped to a crazy $19.98

[quote name='grundy']Has anyone seen the "mythically clearanced" Gears of War 3 collector's edition at Target? I remember seeing it some time ago at $39.98, but now I've heard it's dropped to a crazy $19.98[/QUOTE]

Nope. I saw a returned/repackaged HALO 3: IN A BIG BOX EDITION recently, but don't recall any Gears.

[quote name='Bing147']I can't believe how rare such stores are here... back home in a town of less than 120,000 I know of at least 4 independent game stores. They tend to do movies/cds too but they have a ton of old games at each. Not to mention every pawn shop had a huge selection of old games. The pawn shops here have mostly newer stuff and I can't find any classic game stores. Craigslist/Ebay may be my only options but I love going in and browsing. I'm moving to Chicago in 6 months for my job... maybe I'll have better luck there.[/QUOTE]

I've never been in it but there's a store in Kennesaw:

CC Gaming
2750 Jiles Road nw Suite 111, Kennesaw, GA 30144

All,
I pulled the trigger on a Holiday Kinect Xbox bundle via Amazon as part of their pre-BF countdown, and it is now on the way. My old 360 (non slim, non HDMI) is still chugging along so now I wanted to ask: has anyone on here already been through the process of transfering from one console to another, and have any do/don'ts to be wary of? Of course I'm a couple weeks late on the official transfer cables that were on clearance at the local Targets. Doh! But I gather a USB jump drive will also work.

Not sure what I'll do with the old console once the new one is up and running. GameStop, perhaps?

--Andy

[quote name='Robotechnology']All,
I pulled the trigger on a Holiday Kinect Xbox bundle via Amazon as part of their pre-BF countdown, and it is now on the way. My old 360 (non slim, non HDMI) is still chugging along so now I wanted to ask: has anyone on here already been through the process of transfering from one console to another, and have any do/don'ts to be wary of? Of course I'm a couple weeks late on the official transfer cables that were on clearance at the local Targets. Doh! But I gather a USB jump drive will also work.

Not sure what I'll do with the old console once the new one is up and running. GameStop, perhaps?

--Andy[/QUOTE]
You'll be able to get maybe $100 with a coupon, but if your console is still working, I'd suggest giving it away as a christmas present to a younger relative. Would be a nice thing to do.

[quote name='Bing147']Anyone know any good places to buy older games in the alpharetta/Roswell area? I can do the city too if there's a good place there. Pawn shops/independent game stores/whatever as long as the selection is decent. I checked a few pawn shops but the oldest stuff I saw was ps2.[/QUOTE]

I'm up in Cumming and the best I can find are a couple of pawn shops. None of em have been worth the trips yet. We had a ton of second-hand stores back in Pittsburgh; kinda drives me nuts not having as many options down here.

[quote name='randomdud']You'll be able to get maybe $100 with a coupon, but if your console is still working, I'd suggest giving it away as a christmas present to a younger relative. Would be a nice thing to do.[/QUOTE]

Careful, Randomdud, your account may have been hacked by my nephew. Ha!

Anyone else gonna be braving the soccer moms at the Alpharetta Best Buy?
I'm gonna be there about 6 on Thursday to line up.
They'll be showing Deathly Hallows part 2 at 9 pm, before the store opens at midnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Microsoft Store still has several of all of the $15 games and most of the 28 buck games maybe all. I think I got the last Batman in the racks, but there were doorbuster priced games all over the store as well. Store's not that busy and parking wasn't too bad, not to mention no traffic. Plus the Sidney Marcus BB has ten or so $15 Dirt 3s for 360 and isn't that busy.

they didn't even bother showing harry potter at my best buy, the line was all the way down to Home Depot. Most people left when they announce they only had 12 of the 200 dollar tv's. i was able to walk in, grab my 3ds, and check right out.

[quote name='Clown069']they didn't even bother showing harry potter at my best buy, the line was all the way down to Home Depot. Most people left when they announce they only had 12 of the 200 dollar tv's. i was able to walk in, grab my 3ds, and check right out.[/QUOTE]

Same story at the stonecrest best buy, which was fine with me because they were only letting people in 50 at a time.

Also, is there anything special about the copy of OoT 3d included in the bundle?

[quote name='kitlink']Same story at the stonecrest best buy, which was fine with me because they were only letting people in 50 at a time.

Also, is there anything special about the copy of OoT 3d included in the bundle?[/QUOTE]

Nope the system is just black and gold with the triforce symbol on it and such. i just had a bunch of credit and really wanted a 3DS with Zelda so the bundle was a good deal. i paid 35 bucks after all my credit.

There are 3 Halo Reach LE left at Best Buy on Sidney Marcus in Buckhead as of 4:30 on the floor. These are 14.99 online so I am assuming you can still do a store pickup, which I and others did as there were a half dozen or so in the customer pickup area, or just go ahead and price match if they don't ring up at 14.99.

Also, Fry's has a one day sale on stuff in the Video Games/Dvd threads. I went up to Milton and got Thor, Captain America, and True Grit for 9.99 (Blu/DVD/Digital COmbo Packs). Plenty still on the floor in the normal blu ray section.

Yep, I got CAP, THOR, and BRIDESMAIDS for $10 today, plus a couple extra copies to gift. Was very happy to see that price while I was still up that way visiting mom.

They were long-since sold out of a hard case for iPad2 that was FAR. Oh well.

bread's done
Back